OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0166

Item Name: Mohegan (huntress attire)-White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-196A
Bar Code: 697 127233 152 6

Packing List:
1) 1 * war bonnet
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 3 * bead necklace (different length)
5) 1 * imitation beast tooth necklace
6) 1 * clothes for upper body
7) 1 * skirt
Cool 1 pair * underpants
9) 1 pair * calf sleeves trimmed with faux fur
10) 1 pair * shoes
11) 1 pair * arm bands
12) 1 pair * wrist bands
13) 1 pair * wrist sleeves trimmed with faux fur
14) 1 * waist chain with imitation beast teeth
15) 4 * imitation beast teeth
16) 1 * sheath for the dagger
17) 1 * dagger
18) 1 * white waist belt
19) 1 * long spear
20) 3 pairs* interchangeable hands

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.52 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.02 kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0270
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0367
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0466
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0565
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0664
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0762
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0861
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0960
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1056
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1155
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1249
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1343

Mohegan (huntress attire)-Brown
1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Mohegan (huntress attire)-Brown 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-196B
Bar Code: 697 127233 153 3

Packing List:
1) 1 * war bonnet
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 3 * bead necklace (different length)
5) 1 * imitation beast tooth necklace
6) 1 * clothes for upper body
7) 1 * skirt
Cool 1 pair * underpants
9) 1 pair * calf sleeves trimmed with faux fur
10) 1 pair * shoes
11) 1 pair * arm bands
12) 1 pair * wrist bands
13) 1 pair * wrist sleeves trimmed with faux fur
14) 1 * waist chain with imitation beast teeth
15) 4 * imitation beast teeth
16) 1 * sheath for the dagger
17) 1 * dagger
18) 1 * white waist belt
19) 1 * bow
20) 3 pairs* interchangeable hands
21) 6 * feathered arrows

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.52 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.02 kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1436
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1532
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1628
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1725
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1823
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 1921
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 2022
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 2121
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 2218
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 2318
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 2416

csyeung

csyeung
I feel that tbleague is relatively limited in the variation of headsculpts that they use these days. While nice, I don't feel these sculpts fit a native indian or that they're really trying. It just ends up looking like a cosplay outfit to me. The headdress is nice as well as some accessories, but the top and skirt look stiff. Just my opinion on this particular piece.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Something different at least. Looks fantasy cool as usual from tbleague. I still wish they would offer a male and female version for their stuff instead of two dofferent colored female options every time.

gooboo

Well this is out of left field, lol. Wasn't expecting a Native American-ish figure from TBLeague.

That said, there isn't really anything here that interests me that much. Big missed opportunity to make a tan/brown body.

Adeno

Nice idea but I wish they made them at least look like fantasy Native Americans/Indians. These ladies currently look like they're just cosplaying lol!

Diana

Diana
First if all: "Huntress attire"? Kinda hoping there will be more iterations of this character in "other" attire. Very Happy

I love both of these and want both. Can't afford that right now. So:

The white version is beautiful and looks like modernized ceremonial garb. Her overall design seems more rounded to me.

There is just too much brown in the brown version. The brown headdress could have used more colorful feathers. She wouldn't actually wear that during a hunt anyway, so stealth really isn't an issue here.

I prefer the face paint of the brown version. There is more commitment. The white version reminds me of those flags people draw on their cheeks at sports events. It would be easier to cover up though, if I wanted to use the head for something else.

I prefer the bow and arrow (brown) over the spear (white).

So I think brown version it'll be.

The shortness of the crop top and skirt is of course ridiculous, but I'm okay with it, accepting it for what this release is. I'd prefer them to be a little longer for sure.
The tassels should be thinner. They are too chunky and take away quite a lot of the illusion. But I wouldn't dare take the scissors to them, especially considering how short that top is.
The implied bead work on the headdress is nice.
Painted nails?
And is this another S47 release?

And of course: What a shame they didn't go for darker skin and a more indigenous facial structure. Instead we got two more dolls.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The headdress is cool; but a Chief’s headdress isn’t really something an Indian Maiden would wear. Like others, the heads and skin tones are ridiculous, and the skirt and top are pretty dumb. Might look for the moccasins and headdress loose. Aside from their bodies for character creation, these box sets are getting pretty boring.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
These look cool. The brown looks better than the white.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
If I get this, the headdress immediately gets moved over to upgrade one of the 1967 Marx Native Americans, "Chief Cherokee" or "Geronimo."  One of those is brown garbed and one is white, so either Mohegan headdress will work.  I had fun upgrading some 55 year old Marx cowboys with the Limtoys and VTS Red Dead Redemption stuff, so the natives deserve their turn.  Then I need to figure out some replacement headdress for Mohegan herself, who will still look like a cosplayer but much less so.  I agree with all the above comments that this is a very awkward figure but at least I appreciate it isn't another sword maiden.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately, all of the accessories are wrong. The spear, knife and bow resemble nothing a native Indian would have made. Surprised there isn’t a tomahawk. I’m guessing Halloween costumes were their inspiration.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 98264510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) E9d28010

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) C8485110

Annalise

Annalise
It's not often that TBL releases a human-headed female figure that is not an instant PO for me, but these... smdh. The only thing I instantly like about these is no bases and they include more accessories than the recent Amazon figures.

As mentioned, it Looks like a cosplay. Might work as something similar to Mary Mcdonnell's character in Dances with Wolves... someone taken and assimilated into the tribe as a baby. TBL passes once again on creating a darker skin tone body. The warpaint on the head sculpts limits their usefulness in bashes.

And yes, the 'huntress attire' parenthetical strongly suggests other versions may be in the works...

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Unfortunately, all of the accessories are wrong. The spear, knife and bow resemble nothing a native Indian would have made. Surprised there isn’t a tomahawk. I’m guessing Halloween costumes were their inspiration.

Now hang on there -- are you suggesting that it isn't 100% historically accurate for an Indian maiden to be wearing a Mandalorian skull logo on her crotch?

Some (marginal) qualifications to saying all of the accessories are wrong: the weapons are, yes, way off. The cut of the clothing is, yes, Halloween costume absurd, but actually the textures and the ornaments aren't bad, especially the bead work. The headdress is actually excellent in all respects per se except that it's misplaced, gender incorrect, and wouldn't be worn casually or on a hunt.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) 0664NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) Mandal10

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Annalise wrote:And yes, the 'huntress attire' parenthetical strongly suggests other versions may be in the works...

Are you saying, this won't be The Last of the Mohegans? Smile (BTW, the Mohicans and the Mohegans are different tribes that are commonly confused due to the similarity of names. So I suspect TBL did confuse the two insofar as there is otherwise no logic or fame to adopting the Mohegan tribal name. I had to look it up).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Love them (at least in pieces), but like everyone has been saying, they do look like cosplayers and there are a ton of missed opportunities here. One move definitely in the right direction, as has been pointed out, is the absence of a wastefully hefty base. So much potential... one can only imagine how great TBLeague could be if it really tried...

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:The white version reminds me of those flags people draw on their cheeks at sports events.
She's clearly a fan of the dutch team, but her outfit needs more orange.
Stryker2011 wrote:The headdress is cool; but a Chief’s headdress isn’t really something an Indian Maiden would wear.
Would an Indian Maiden go hunting with a spear or with bow and arrow (or at all)?

Stryker2011 wrote:Unfortunately, all of the accessories are wrong. The spear, knife and bow resemble nothing a native Indian would have made. Surprised there isn’t a tomahawk.
You got to admit that if they had, it'd be out of place (as the only thing fitting).
I’m guessing Halloween costumes were their inspiration.

Most of these are made in China too Very Happy

I think these are the coolest figures TBLeague made in quite awhile.

Nekk-ra

Gonna echo the rest of you with these two. Certain elements I like, such as the headdresses and bow, but these look like smutty Halloween costumes. A little more length to the top and the skirt would have done wonders. The white one could have been a stand in for White Buffalo Woman - a lot of the attire is more Plains Native in spirit. And bronze skin, TBleague! Would it kill ya to even try?

Part of me think these gals showed up due to the current popularity of figures based on western-style games. The new Predator film having a female Native protagonist probably had some influence as well.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
csyeung wrote:I don't feel these sculpts fit a native indian or that they're really trying.
Weirdly enough the face of the Poptoys Tomoe Gozen figure has a more native Indian vibe (to me).

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) Img_5026

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t know that there’s ever been a toy company, in 25 years as a collector across multiple lines of all shapes, sizes, and genres, that confounds me the way TB League does lately.  I mean, they are the epitome of a one trick pony when it comes to their proprietary female figures.   I want to be like Statler and Waldorf on the Muppet Show and just sit up in the balcony and heckle the figures unmercifully.  I mean, there’s enough low hanging fruit here to feed an entire village for a month.

Yet the outfits are nicely done for what they are, and there’s not much in the way of Native American themed 1/6 female attire out there.  Even if the whole thing comes off looking like a couple of bored European princesses getting their Pocahontas on so that they can take some selfies and post them to their Instagram accounts, they look good doing it.

I would probably go with the white version.   Her outfit just stands out more, and I like her sculpt…even though she really does look like she’s going to a football match on her way back from returning the outfit to her favorite costume rental shop.  Very Happy

As usual, I think I’ll wait to see how they look in hand before making my final call.

EDIT:  I took another look at the white version, and I’m guessing she’s from the Netherlands and heading over to see her team play in the qualifying rounds of the World Cup after her photo shoot. Maybe she’s going with Lexi.  😉

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hopefully that warbonnet/headdress will fit a male head sculpt. I’d like to be able to add a few “Natives” if possible.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Something different!! SOMETHING DIFFERENT!?!?!...sorry, I had a "moment" there for a second.

It's just a shame it's a horribly hollywood/halloween interpretation of native American dress that they chose to break the mold on.

I imagine this move was inspired by the new Predator movie heading our way? That movie sounds much more authentic from a costume perspective though.

I take it back. I DON'T want TBL to make anymore sci fi stuff. They might well stuff it up.

brassco

brassco
Have you ever heard a wolf's cry, in a blue, corn moon...

My daughter was watching the classic Disney animation Pocahontas when i saw this new figure from TBL...i never have this sort of figure before, so i think i will just collect one. I like the white version, but the face paint really sells it for me...maybe i will get the brown version and buy the parted out whites.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
They're er... a departure, at least.

Kind of.

Kallor8

It's not terrible or anything, but man I wish TBLeague would work with their old partners again. Zenescope and...is it ARH or Executive Replicas? Both ARH and ER websites seem to have a lot of overlap on the old licensed Phicen/TBL figures listed in their archives. Anyway, TBL should work with licensed properties again, let those artists design the figures lol.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
There are some nice little accessories for kitbashing, I suppose, but I've no interest in either set as a whole. And if I did, I'd expect at least some semblance of realism to them (yeah I know, it's TBL).

And I should probably give up wishing for anything approaching an accurate skintone.

I can usually find some kitbash appeal in their sculpts, but these are severely limited by the warpaint.

A surprising number of complaints on BBICN about the lack of a hefty and expensive base with these (and the Ghost Soldiers). Seems like there is no pleasing everybody (or indeed anybody).

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yeah, this gets a big yikes from me. A headdress like that is sacred regalia and paired with the rest of the outfit it’s in tremendous bad taste. Definitely Halloween costume level of cringe.

That said, the accessories are actually really nice and they’d suit a fantasy bash really nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum