OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
traff120 wrote:And btw didn't donkey-seth have hoofs?
I was looking around for a genuine ancient representation of an explicitly donkey-headed Seth, but can't see one. The usual iconography, with the more traditionally elusive "Set-animal" head, had human feet. Like here, on the right in the statue group, with the falcon-headed god Horus (also human feet) and King Rameses III:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) - Page 2 882c5de8f98b925c16041bb53b9c9807--egyptian-mythology-egyptian-art

Or here, in relief:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) - Page 2 9a6ddafe75cc79f88ae0cd0b0496ffcb

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Is it me, or does the hieroglyphs look more like an aardvark…?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Is it me, or does the hieroglyphs look more like an aardvark…?
Yes, that is one of the suggested identifications. Or ant-eater. Or giraffe or okapi (though in animal form he is never given a long neck). Or gazelle of some sort. Or even a canine like a hyena. Visually, a kangaroo might work too (especially for TBLeague's sculpt), but one imagines that would have been unknown to the Egyptians. Smile Apparently in the Late Period a donkey -- I just haven't seen an ancient representation. Here is a drawing from an ancient depiction of Seth as an animal (as opposed to animal-headed human), which does not help much (it could be interpreted as canine or feline or even hooved, but it is not quite a proper donkey). Maybe it's the chupacabra? Smile Besides, they were not incapable of imagining hybrid or made-up animals.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Seth (Black PL2022-191A, White PL2022-191B) - Page 2 Sha_%28animal%29
Here is a whole wikipedia article on the "Set animal" --
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_animal

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Nekk-ra

Perhaps Set/Seth was based on an Egyptian animal that existed back then but didn't survive to modern times. Hence the confusion of what the ancient Egyptians we're depicting. There are also rodents that can have similar facial structures.

Kallor8

I thought Set was serpent-motif, so clearly some fiction led me astray as a lad.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Kallor8 wrote:I thought Set was serpent-motif, so clearly some fiction led me astray as a lad.

Conan the Barbarian. Set is the Hyborian snake-god of Chaos.

3Afr

3Afr
These figures are available today.
No purchase for me... I would have liked to continue the series, but the prices are no longer correct, enough of these useless bases...
I'm waiting to see what will be next.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the heads-up.....now I'm off to try to find some parted out claw hands!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Those parted-out sickles disappeared fast. Shocked

(I only bought one, honest)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
3Afr wrote:These figures are available today.
No purchase for me... I would have liked to continue the series, but the prices are no longer correct, enough of these useless bases...

Maybe (hopefully) the Ghost Soldiers are testing the water for making figures without bases again. We'll see how the sales for those go.

Interestingly, the Soldier Amazons (with their huge unnecessary bases) still haven't sold out at GianToy.

3Afr

3Afr
GeeWillikers wrote:

Maybe (hopefully) the Ghost Soldiers are testing the water for making figures without bases again. We'll see how the sales for those go.

Interestingly, the Soldier Amazons (with their huge unnecessary bases) still haven't sold out at GianToy.

Perhaps due to the excessive weight of parcels and additional shipping costs, which are no longer "light" today...

Ovy

Ovy
I love the fact that "Seth" has become quite the regular mainstream name in certain countries, although of biblical origins.

It's so common, I have to think of this character with his alien-aardvark-anteater-donkey-head in a white collar shirt sitting in front of a computer at some boring office job. Seth from accounting. Maybe he has an egypt themed necktie, and a coffee cup with some pyramid eye, and some golden glasses. But other than that he is just an unremarkable nice guy.

Diana

Diana
3Afr wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

Perhaps due to the excessive weight of parcels and additional shipping costs, which are no longer "light" today...

I still haven't received the invoice from KG, though they said they would send them out last week. I'm actually tempted to cancel, if they will let me, due to budget constraints. Crying or Very sad

Ovy wrote:I love the fact that "Seth" has become quite the regular mainstream name in certain countries, although of biblical origins.

It's so common, I have to think of this character with his alien-aardvark-anteater-donkey-head in a white collar shirt sitting in front of a computer at some boring office job. Seth from accounting. Maybe he has an egypt themed necktie, and a coffee cup with some pyramid eye, and some golden glasses. But other than that he is just an unremarkable nice guy.

Hah! now THAT would be a great set up on any shelf. So funny. I love the imagery. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:I have to think of this character with his alien-aardvark-anteater-donkey-head in a white collar shirt sitting in front of a computer at some boring office job. Seth from accounting. Maybe he has an egypt themed necktie, and a coffee cup with some pyramid eye, and some golden glasses. But other than that he is just an unremarkable nice guy.

The concept reminds me of something out of 'American Gods'.... :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yeah, I agree with Ovy's draft for an office skit with Seth the donkey-headed co-worker. Smile If I see the head parted out, I'll know what to do. Thanks, Ovs! Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum