OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
If anyone's curious, here is the suntan medium breast version, T04B. Sorry, I didn't realize the photo was slightly blurry until I uploaded.

NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Tblt0413

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

I got the T04A (pale). I love the contrast. But Gub, the suntan version looks very nice, too! Quite amazing what a difference the skin color makes. Is the hair lighter or is that an optical illusion? Smile

Did anyone order the T05? I has a slightly smaller waist and bust, according to Giantoy, and the collector in me wants them all... Luckily these basic bodies don't seem to run out.

No, I haven't looked for clothes yet. She will probably stay without for a long time, since I intend to use her mainly as a drawing reference. 1/12 is easier to photograph.

Still no upper arm swivel. 

I am loving all three models, though the athletic build of the T01 and the lovely curves of the new T04 make the T03 look boring by comparison. But of course she is the most suitable for most modern characters and indeed she is waiting for SDs Tifa set to get dressed. At that time I might get another, just to have that body type for reference again. Smile

TravelGuide

I'm considering getting the T05A, but there are also some other figures I'm considering and often it just stays with that.

On ebay I did see some modern dresses that should fit.

And indeed these basis figures stay available a long time. The T01 is still available on ebay for about $35. In the past I considered them too,but didn't like their faces and their bikini very much. So I got other 1/12 figures for my boat. Back then there was a very limites choice of clothing, and what there was was kinda expensive, so a boxset made more sense.

The hair on the T04B looks a bit straighter than onthe T04A. I got to say that these 1/12 figures always seem to have a lot of hair.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Diana wrote:Quite amazing what a difference the skin color makes. Is the hair lighter or is that an optical illusion? Smile

They all seem a tad to pale for me -- I mean the female "pale" and "suntan" Smile I can't tell you about the hair being lighter or not. I think it is the same, especially when looking at the promotional images. Perhaps it is an optical illusion, as there should be a higher contrast between the hair and the pale body than the hair and the suntan body. Just in case, here are a couple more photos below. If I had gotten a pale one, I would have of course compared the two to each other, but I only got this one.

TravelGuide wrote:The hair on the T04B looks a bit straighter than onthe T04A. I got to say that these 1/12 figures always seem to have a lot of hair.

I suspect it is a question of how much one has messed up the hair before taking the photos.

Some more photos:

NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Tblt0414

NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Tblt0415

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

DarthJ

They have arrived, T04 tan and T05 pale

Body sculpt looks as a natural woman, heads are ok.

One remark : mine have elbows that don't bend. Don't know if this is a feature or a flaw. Funny is that none of the 3 pose drawings show bent arms.

NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Img_1017

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The elbows do bend, but it takes a while to find the correct direction for folding the joint and getting it work. Be careful and take your time.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
As GF said, the elbows should bend.

IMO the faces have a lot improved compared to the T01.

What's the tank in the background?

DarthJ

[quote=

What's the tank in the background?[/quote]

According to a small logo and the sellers' research it would have been produced by SIO MUROM, a Russian company. 1970s - 1980s. Couldn't find any further information.

It is cable operated though I haven't tried that yet.

DarthJ

And yes, the heads are much better. The figures are also "detailed".

DarthJ

No luck with the arms. The elbows bend a little, that's all. The other joints bend fine.

I have had more elbow joint problems, with the petite S24/25 or S26/27 if I remember correctly.

Quality control is not their strongest point I guess.

36NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Empty A study of (epic) proportions Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:31 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
This release presented a dilemma for me: I did not like the bodies but I did like the heads. The obvious solution was to order just a head, which is what I did, settling on the one from T05B, suntan blonde.
Blonde because I had no plain blonde characters with rooted hair (Harley Quinn doesn't count since she has colored tails...), and suntan because I had one spare T01B body.

The results are... interesting.
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5235
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5236

This is the largest rooted hair female head I have in my collection. It's closer to Mezco scale. Actually, I need to compare it with Mezco female figures. But for now here are some side by side shots with other TBL-scale women (don't mind height difference, it's due to high heels or boots).

Left: T03A with Fire Girl Toys FG076C head, right: VeryCool Catch Me with Superduck SDMINI001 head
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5239

Left: SharkToys Tifa Lockhart (presumably T02A body), right: T01B with Imperial Guardian (D) head
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5237

Left: VeryCool Villa, right: T01A with Superduck SDMINI001 head
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5238

All in all, I am baffled. I've seen all the pictures in this thread. I could have mentally - or digitally, in image editor - overlay the new head on an old body. Or measure the size on Diana's photo with FG076C. But I didn't think I had to. The new head does not seem too large on its "native" T04/T05 body, and yet it does on an older T01. A glitch in my visual processing network, i guess.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it too. Probably your best one yet. Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It does seem too large. The T01 is smaller. I guees it's the shoulders that make it seem too large, because even if If I view just her shoulders and head it seems too large.

Diana

Diana
I'm not sure the face is actually bigger, but it is fuller/rounder, which seems appropriate for a "plump" figure. But same same. I think the heads sits too low, but overall I agree it looks too big on the T01.

It is far prettier than I thought based on any other photos I have seen of her! Give her some clothes and she'll be fine. Wink

Visisonor

Visisonor
Compared to Mezco female heads it is slightly smaller. But it works with Mezco bodies. It even fits the neck ball. But it sits too high. It can be fixed with some drilling but I don't intend to use it with these bodies (their articulation leaves a lot to be desired, and they are better off with their original heads).

So back to comparisons.

Catwoman:
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5258 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5259

Classic Harley Quinn:
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5260 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5261

Modern Wonder Woman:
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5263 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5262

Diana wrote:It is far prettier than I thought based on any other photos I have seen of her! Give her some clothes and she'll be fine. Wink
Yes, it was too low, I raised it a bit, and it's kind of growing on me. Especially with clothes on:
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5264 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5266 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5265

I also like her hair. It's on par with FG076 head, long and thick...
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5267 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5268 NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5269

Spoiler:

Anyway, that's a lot of photos, I can do this all day (tm):
NEW PRODUCT:TBLeague 1/12 Steel Bone Seamless Super Movable PLUMP Female Body [4 Types] (PLMB2022-T04/05) - Page 2 Cnr_5272

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana was right, with clothes she's fine.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The blond head is actually quite nice. I like it a lot!

I remember when these 1/12 tbleague's first came out, I'd had such high hopes of using them alongside SW black series figures, but sadly they are way too large. Black series are already somewhat undersized as it is (compared to other 1/12 lines), so it was too much of a scale discrepancy. Such a shame, as it would have allowed me to do so many cool SW alien figures in 1/12 scale.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum