OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Purge troopers are a specialized class of Imperial soldier trained and equipped to assist the Inquisitors™ in hunting down Jedi™ and other Force-sensitive beings who threaten the Empire. Borrowing tactics and methods first used by the Republic soldiers that accompanied Jedi generals during the Clone Wars, this elite group is few in number and keeps out of the public eye.

Following the finale of the Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series, Hot Toys is pleased to present the new 1/6th scale Purge Trooper collectible figure.

The collectible figure is meticulously crafted with detailed helmet and armor in black and red paint applications, a form fitting under-suit, a red pauldron, a blaster rifle, and a figure base!

This new trooper will be an excellent addition to your Imperial display!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS081
PRODUCT NAMEPURGE TROOPER™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY CRAFTED PURGE TROOPER HELMET WITH FINE DETAILS, SPECIALLY APPLIED BLACK COLORED PAINTING ON ARMOR WITH RED MARKINGS
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2023
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Purge Trooper Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Purge Trooper in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Newly crafted Purge Trooper helmet with fine details
- Specially applied black colored painting on armor with red markings
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding blaster rifle

Costume:
- One (1) meticulously crafted Purge Trooper armor
- One (1) black colored and multi textured fabric under-suit
- One (1) red colored pauldron
- One (1) red colored left arm guard
- One (1) black and red belt with apron
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster rifle

Accessory:
- Specially designed figure stand with character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11770
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21042
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3745
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4674
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5628
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6585
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7562
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8532
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9514
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10490
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11771
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12445
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13421
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14393
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15368
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16340

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #Obi-WanKenobi #PurgeTrooper #Sci-Fi #Disney+

Ovy

Ovy
Ah I think I remember him appearing for some seconds in one shot of one episode.

Now that I can see him in detail for the first time, I realize most armor parts are slightly modified and painted clone trooper armor pieces.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I heard they all died pretty quickly (and easily) in that episode. This looks like a reimagined Darth Vader. Kind of cool looking, but why this (well, we know why: easy money) instead of Obi-Wan as the first reveal from this show?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I saw this up for preorder just today, but glad to see the nice big clear photos here. Not having watched the show, I had no expectations, but also no great interest in this. I like some of the post-Original-Trilogy designs well enough (e.g., Shore Troopers, Patrol Troopers, Tank Drivers), but this feels overdone and offputting to me. Not sure why, as it combines elements from the others. Perhaps it is too cliche and just like Vader and a Death Trooper had some unholy Sith conjunction; or it somehow channels Sequel-Trilogy silliness. HT is, of course, not at fault for Lucasfilm/Disney's design decisions. But another Ben Kenobi (or was he too much the same?) would have surely made more sense to start coverage of this series.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I literally just watched the series today (took me long enough, lol) and have absolutely no recollection of these at all which is a shame as it’s a really cool design!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:I literally just watched the series today (took me long enough, lol) and have absolutely no recollection of these at all which is a shame as it’s a really cool design!

I guess the scene was pretty darkly lit, one of them drowned, one stood in front of Kenobi and was immediately killed, and the rest (from what I read) were blasted from the air — whole thing took less than 5 seconds supposedly.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:I heard they all died pretty quickly (and easily) in that episode. This looks like a reimagined Darth Vader. Kind of cool looking, but why this (well, we know why: easy money) instead of Obi-Wan as the first reveal from this show?

I guess they are saving him for the summer showcases.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, since I don’t think of anything other than the OT canon, I POd one of these dudes to add to my Strykerverse (can’t have enough enemies). Not sure how I feel about the skirt — I wonder what this guy would look like with a cape instead…

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, since I don’t think of anything other than the OT canon, I POd one of these dudes to add to my Strykerverse (can’t have enough enemies). Not sure how I feel about the skirt — I wonder what this guy would look like with a cape instead…
The skirt (kama?) seems to be a throwback to Snowtroopers and some other designs. Like I said before, it's a striking look but something about it doesn't work for me. That said, a cape could be sweet, especially if he is a stand-alone character (whether hero or anti-hero).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Purge troopers are a specialized class of Imperial soldier trained and equipped to assist the Inquisitors™ in hunting down Jedi™ and other Force-sensitive beings who threaten the Empire. Borrowing tactics and methods first used by the Republic soldiers that accompanied Jedi generals during the Clone Wars, this elite group is few in number and keeps out of the public eye.

This new trooper will be an excellent addition to your Imperial display!

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11770

Purely on a design/visual level, there's maybe a connection betweeen these Obi Wan Kenobi Purge Troopers and the Mandalorian Dark Troopers though I don't think there's any formal or narrative tie. If so it's kind of a new thing in Star Wars, to the extent that we haven't generally seen Droids take after the style of organic Troopers, or vice versa. For the very wealthy among us, I can see an interesting Squadron being composed with both.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dark-t10

Ovy

Ovy
That's all I remember:
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE F8d4bf4895f847912066df30ae5fe30c050b20b2
I think they broke open the door later and he was able to shoot two times before Obi killed them with water.
If he really had been an evil ruthless elite trooper he should have shoved the Stormtrooper in front of him into the door frame. Or the empire could sue the company who makes their weird doors that close when you shot at the console etc.

Well the idea of Dark Troopers I think first appeared in the 1995 game Dark Forces. First it was a heavy suit for stormtroopers, then they put wounded troopers/clones in there and replaced limbs with prosthetics etc. and basically turning them into machines. Fits the Vader theme I guess.
In Disney Mandalorian they were 100% droid (hopefully).

So if you are looking for a narrative tie, as they wear clone armor maybe they are fine quality first generation clones, the surviving ones over the years turn into those robo trooper monstrosities. But that is just in my head.

I still think the Empire could have skipped all those military experiments, cloning and 600 trooper types if they just trained their regular troops proberly.

Oh and the idea of First Purge Troopers also first appeared in a recent Star Wars Game.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s my understanding that these guys were first seen in one of the video games (so a weird tie in there, but probably not the first time).

davidd

davidd
I don't follow any of the new Star Wars series, but what y'all are saying about the five second appearance of these guys in the new films and their subsequently short lifespans is cracking me up!

It's a cool looking take on the Star Wars stormtrooper. In fact, if stormtroopers had originally looked like this, they would have been much more imposing. I doubt anyone would have accepted stormtroopers being as incompetent as they turned out to be if they had looked more menacing.

At first glance, I thought the billowing "capelet" looked like the tails of a frock coat, rather formal and impressive. Then you guys went and called it a "skirt," and now I can't visualize it as anything other than a kilt that has become embarrassingly unfastened.
Embarassed

This release makes me want to see a black with red highlights version of the War Story Toys Empire Commando figure... wearing that red-trimmed black "skirt."
Razz

----

Pre-order; expected release date circa December 2023.

$250 USD plus shipping at BigBadToyStore:  https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/210990

$235 USD plus shipping at Hot Toys:  https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-purge-trooper-hot-toys-911376

Shocked - Wait... is that release date December 2023? Like... 18 months out? scratch  Okay, uhmm... no!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, the wait times for these figures (especially with Hot Toys — since they rarely follow that “rough estimate” any longer) is getting ridiculous. I have visions of doing storylines at some point, but I could be wasting my time and money as none of them may ever come to fruition (I’ve gathered a LOT of stuff to be able to do a jungle scenario, still gathering a bunch of stuff to do a Western series, and of course my own Star Wars universe — all of which may not ever see the light of day, or get used for what I want as I don’t have the space to display most of my collection, let alone somewhere to set up large “breakdown” dioramas for photo shoots. These delays are really keeping any of my visions from becoming a reality).

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
So that's different from the purge trooper in Jedi Fallen Order (video game) which takes place 14 years before A New Hope or 14 BBY while Obi Wan takes place in 9 BBY, that means that the purge troopers adopted a new helmet then switched back to an old helmet used during the clone wars, the most funny part about this is that Jedi Fallen Order IS cannon.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ PURGE TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum