OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-10

ICONIQ Studios IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition

“A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and
on stage. It's my favorite part of the business.”
Iconiq Studios are honored to present the second in our 1/6th scale legends series, the King of
Rock and Roll himself: Elvis Presley (Vegas edition). Featuring the iconic White Concho
Jumpsuit from his famous Las Vegas performance, two authentic hand-sculpted heads, a fully
articulated body, his guitar and mic, and more.

IQLS02 - Elvis Presley Vegas edition 1:6 scale figure Includes:

One (1) Body

One (1) Neutral head sculpt

One (1) Singing head sculpt

Seven (7) Hands - 1 guitar picking hand, 1 guitar gripping hand, 2 mic holding hands , 2
open hands, 1 gesturing hand

One (1) Iconic White Concho Jumpsuit

One (1) Microphone and stand

One (1) Guitar

One (1) Stand

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_12
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_10
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_11
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_15
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_13
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_14
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_16
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_18
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_17
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_20
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis_19

ICONIQ Studios IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition

“Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and
forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.”

Iconiq Studios are honored to present the third in our 1/6th scale legends series, the King of
Rock and Roll himself: Elvis Presley (Jailhouse Rock edition). This fully black-and-white figure
includes two authentic hand-sculpted heads that perfectly capture The King from the
unforgettable Jailhouse Rock video, a fully articulated body capable of recreating his iconic
moves, and more.

IQLS03 - Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition 1:6 scale figure Includes:

One (1) Body

One (1) Neutral head sculpt

One (1) Smiling head sculpt

Seven (7) Hands - 2 open dancing gesture hands, 3 finger snapping posed hands, 2
gripping style dance hands

Two (2) pairs of shoes- Neutral and Posed

One (1) Jailhouse Rock prison outfit

Three (3) Prison bars

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-12
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-11
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-13
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-15
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-14
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-16
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-19
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-18
NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition Elvis-17

#newproduct #IconiqStudios #ElvisPresley #Vega #JailhouseRock #male #musicalartist/actor

davidd

davidd
To my eye, the head sculpt looks not-quite-right. In fact, it almost looks as if the designers morphed Elvis and the actor who plays Elvis in the new movie in to a single image.

I guess that would make sense. I suspect a lot of younger collectors in the potential market might be more familiar with Elvis from the new movie than they are with the Elvis from... fifty or sixty years ago.

In some of the images the resemblance is better than in others.

The "lip curl" isn't there. The eyebrows aren't dark or heavy enough (particularly in the "Jailhouse Rock" version). The forehead is just a smidgin too high. The hair isn't quite "Little Richard" enough in the "Jailhouse" version. The angle of the sideburns in the Vegas version isn't right -- in most Vegas era "white costume" photos, the sideburns jutted aggressively forward, with the tips actually under the corners of his eyes. Overall the face of the Vegas version looks too thin; to me, it looks a bit like John Travolta doing an Elvis impression.

The costumes are cool, though!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m with you, Dave. Something’s off — I think the Jailhouse version looks closest to him, but I’m not a fan of The Pretzel, so I have no interest.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition C8485110

davidd

davidd
The lack of comments on this topic suggests that The King, despite the release of the new film, is fading in to history... or obscurity.

Even the Charlie Chaplin figures generate more interest here on the forum! Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I saw these up for preorder, but as usual, appreciate the nice big images. I am by no means an Elvis expert, and I am as likely to like a rendition of Kurt Russell or any of the other impersonators from 1000 miles from Graceland as much as one of the King himself. But I agree, something seems a little off with both likenesses. The black and white color scheme of the Jailhouse Rock version is an interesting gimmick, but to me it limits the application of the figure -- perhaps we can all take a photo of a figure and turn it black and white or grayscale if we wanted.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you were to go with a Kurt Russell Elvis, get one of him in the Biopic from 1979 that was actually a pretty good movie.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool, Mark, will try to keep that in mind. Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
GubernatorFan wrote:I saw these up for preorder, but as usual, appreciate the nice big images. I am by no means an Elvis expert, and I am as likely to like a rendition of Kurt Russell or any of the other impersonators from 1000 miles from Graceland as much as one of the King himself. But I agree, something seems a little off with both likenesses. The black and white color scheme of the Jailhouse Rock version is an interesting gimmick, but to me it limits the application of the figure -- perhaps we can all take a photo of a figure and turn it black and white or grayscale if we wanted.

I agree, the gray face paint really limits the use of the headsculpts.
Maybe they could've offered 2 heads, one with flesh skintone and a gray one because I somehow don't appreciate the b&w theme.
Years ago McFarlane made a 7" scale with a flesh-painted head and it doesn't look out of place to me.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_013006a.htm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:
I agree, the gray face paint really limits the use of the headsculpts.
Maybe they could've offered 2 heads, one with flesh skintone and a gray one because I somehow don't appreciate the b&w theme.
Years ago McFarlane made a 7" scale with a flesh-painted head and it doesn't look out of place to me.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_013006a.htm

I have a 3rd party (?) Elvis head somewhere, that was not too bad. But I have to dig it up, and certainly don't remember the details.

davidd

davidd
Mattel did a decent job with the "Barbie Loves Elvis" set several years (or a couple of... okay, nearly three decades) ago:

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition 32581867918_4cac9e075c

They got the eyebrows and the intensity in the eyes right, the forehead is not overly exaggerated, and they nailed the "lip curl." The set includes a vintage style microphone, and if you're patient you can sometimes find it mint-in-box on eBay for just a shade over twenty bucks including shipping.

Hasbro issued an Elvis figure (Comeback Special and Teen Idol versions) around the same time, but it's not sculpted as well.

The new "Vegas" version head sculpt reminds me of Bruce Campbell as Old Elvis in the movie Bubba Ho-Tep. Razz

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I have a 3rd party (?) Elvis head somewhere, that was not too bad. But I have to dig it up, and certainly don't remember the details.

I think there were recasts floating around taken from the excellent Elvis Presley ’68 Comeback Special figure around 2012, which was co-branded EnterBay and Kotobukiya ArtFX. Notwithstanding the passage of a decade, that one is still looking pretty good compared to these new ones. The Enterbay sculpt was better, and their guitar was much better (though electric vs acoustic), though possibly the Iconiq outfits might be better in hand. Of course they represent Elvis at three different times and outfits, so it's not a direct comparison.

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition 1502_110

davidd

davidd
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I think there were recasts floating around taken from the excellent Elvis Presley ’68 Comeback Special figure....

Perhaps this current eBay listing is one of those recasts: https://www.ebay.com/itm/273418378799

It looks pretty good... in the pictures, anyway. I might have to give one a try!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
davidd wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I think there were recasts floating around taken from the excellent Elvis Presley ’68 Comeback Special figure....

Perhaps this current eBay listing is one of those recasts:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/273418378799

It looks pretty good... in the pictures, anyway. I might have to give one a try!

Good find!  Definitely looks the same to my eyes (E-Bay on the left, EnterBay original on the right).  Safe to say that a Seller wouldn't have 3 available (102 sold) of an actual EnterBay original from 10 years ago, that was probably pretty limited even then, so clearly a well-executed recast. The original figure is hard to find partly because the Kotobukiya ArtFX co-brand leads to mislabeling it as a statue, or people not realizing it's 1/6 scale. I got lucky as mine was a physical purchase at a toy show, avoiding all confusion.

NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition S-l16012NEW PRODUCT: ICONIQ Studios: IQLS02 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Vegas edition & IQLS03 1/6 Scale Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock edition El11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, I think you guys figured it out the one -- mine's probably a recast. And, yes, very impressive for a Barbie figure, Dave.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum