OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CIOPCC videos

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CIOPCC videos Empty CIOPCC videos Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:59 am

michael crawford

I thought folks might be interested in the videos of my collection, called the Crawford Institute of Pop Culture Collectibles or CIOPCC. I've been calling them One Take Tours, and they cover different areas of the building. You can find them in my YouTube Channel -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJcCRc-HKO9Kq1RYVQ_1nqw

2CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:58 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow, that’s going to take a while to get thru. Thanks for the link, Michael. Only had time to look at the thumbnails, but it looks massively impressive.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

CIOPCC videos C8485110

3CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool and very impressive. No great surprise there, as we have seen you review so many great products, they were bound to be stored somewhere. But still, seeing them displayed like this and all together is a great experience. With the proper logistics, you could open this as a museum.

4CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:33 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful, those kinds of videos are just so relaxing to watch.

Amazing Dioramas.

Had no idea there were SO many Black Series figures already. Was there a green alien bunny bounthunter?

And you have the Happy Hippo Star Wars figures!

How do you handle dust?

So, would you consider yourself a Star Wars Fan? Laughing

And is there a 1/6 Stuart Tank or Sherman somewhere in the back?

5CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:29 am

csyeung

csyeung
This is awesome. Going to take a while to get through. It's like a figure museum! Thanks for sharing.

6CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:41 am

michael crawford

Ovy wrote:Beautiful, those kinds of videos are just so relaxing to watch.

Amazing Dioramas.

Had no idea there were SO many Black Series figures already. Was there a green alien bunny bounthunter?

And you have the Happy Hippo Star Wars figures!

How do you handle dust?

So, would you consider yourself a Star Wars Fan? Laughing

And is there a 1/6 Stuart Tank or Sherman somewhere in the back?

Dust? Best to avoid it to begin with. Remember, this is a dedicated building, so there's not a lot of in and out traffic. Good air filters that are changed regularly, air purifier running separately, no animals, no carpets, no vacuuming, no upholstered furniture. Goes a long way to keeping dust down to begin with. But of course, I also swiffer things occasionally when I'm rearranging.

Yep, there's an alien bunny in the black series, and there's a sixth scale tank too in the brown tower. As to Star Wars, I really only do black series, Hot Toys (although that's getting less), and Gentle Giant (which I've pretty much stopped).

7CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:25 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a seriously impressive collection, it is so interesting to see figures I've seen and remember from a long time ago too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! CIOPCC videos 1f60e

8CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that was impressive. It did indeed take awhile to get thru all that, but WOW! What a collection.

CIOPCC videos C8485110

9CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:13 am

michael crawford

Well, you're not through it all yet Very Happy I have at least three more sets of videos to do, two for the sci-fi section, two for the misc, and two for the center section. Then at least I'll have covered everything at least once.

I'm pondering what to do next - I'm thinking 'must sees', items in each area that desierve their own discussion. I'm also thinking about doing videos themed around specific lines a bit more, rather than sections.

10CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:45 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, that would be interesting. Would you also be breaking it down by scale, Brand, etc., or just focusing purely on individual items regardless of their genre? Much like your photo reviews?

CIOPCC videos C8485110

11CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:06 pm

michael crawford

Two more videos today… covering the sci-fi sections.

12CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:21 am

brassco

brassco
as recent events unfold, I was beginning to imagine the fate of these figures when...you know...

I believed your collection could rival that of DFC's.

13CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:12 am

Illusion

Illusion
Thoroughly impressive. Thanks for sharing! I love seeing other folks' collection display.
I actually do have occasionally wondered how you "store/display" your collection and whether you really keep all the figures you post reviews of... seems like you do Very Happy

For me this would be simply too much. Too overwhelming. I am already struggling with my little collection. My attention is spread too thin and my mind and heart are not big enough for them all, not to start speaking of my time and space.

But I would most certainly enjoy some walks around your space...  CIOPCC videos 1f60e  CIOPCC videos 1f60d

14CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Excellent collection and good to have it shown on video. You can be proud of it.

15CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco wrote:as recent events unfold, I was beginning to imagine the fate of these figures when...you know...

I believed your collection could rival that of DFC's.

I think they are very different kinds of collectors and collections, brassco.

16CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:42 am

michael crawford

Thought this weeks video might be of interest.
This week it’s a Favorite Collection. I have the next Must See planned, but it will take a little more time.

This collection within the Collection is my Hot Toys Marvel sixth scale. I’m not a completist here - you’d have to be nuts. And coming from me, that’s saying something. But I do have about 135, and while I don’t expect the collection to grow a lot, I think I have about ten on preorder.

thanks for watching!

CIOPCC Favorite Collections - Hot Toys Marvel Sixth Scale Action Figures
https://youtu.be/1LeFl5SAwhM

17CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:10 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Amazing videos! Very envious you have such a dedicated display area, but given the sheer extent of your collection, it seems an absolute must. I was curious about the dust issue as well, but someone already asked about that. ;p

I have always intended to do a little video of my collection and display area once it is 'complete' (or at least, in a more presentable state), but it will be pretty pitiful in comparison. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

18CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Holy cow! And that's not even all their Iron Men? Yes, we are going to continue to make fun of every new release. Your collection really puts things into perspective. It is, of course, as impressive as it is in every brand/theme as I have seen it in your videos. I wonder if you are at the point of deciding whether you want something on the basis of how it will look alongside other figures in the collection.

Mark, check out Michael's Western figures video, if you haven't already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU67zmM8X54

19CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:37 pm

michael crawford

I do consider whether I have someplace to put anything new, and whether it adds to the themes I have. Of course, certain things can always get boxed up and put away, if something more interesting is out there.

20CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
michael crawford wrote:I do consider whether I have someplace to put anything new, and whether it adds to the themes I have. Of course, certain things can always get boxed up and put away, if something more interesting is out there.
Ah, right, I almost forgot that there must be a substantial part of the collection not on display.

21CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! That’s quite the collection of Marvel figures. Geez! That’s nuts. I saw the Western and military figure sections, Ian. My God, it’s wonderful, like all of Michael’s collection. Super impressed.

CIOPCC videos C8485110

22CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:31 am

michael crawford

Since this week's CIOPCC video tour covers a group of sixth scale figures, I thought I'd add it to the post! Time to get your Star Wars on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77wlL-gmNg&ab_channel=MichaelCrawford

23CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:55 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Just wow! Impressive.

CIOPCC videos C8485110

24CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:12 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love all the Sideshow and Hasbro stuff, especially the aliens, the large animal mounts, and the diorama scenes and pieces. I know those older figures are not everyone's fave, but there are some fun things in there! And you are right, some of those will likely never be made by Hot Toys, so why not have them on display with the rest. Smile

The Bespin Luke hanging from the ceiling was also a particularly awesome touch! CIOPCC videos 1f44c

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

25CIOPCC videos Empty Re: CIOPCC videos Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Honestly, Sideshow excelled at the aliens, etc., and if they were smart they’d update those and do more.

CIOPCC videos C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum