OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

He looked nothing like his photo.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1He looked nothing like his photo. Empty He looked nothing like his photo. Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:33 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I'm really hoping you guys will play along and post some pics here. The basic idea is your female figure is using a dating app and isn't exactly happy when her date turns up Very Happy . Now let's see them odd couples! bounce bounce bounce

He looked nothing like his photo. 52427351090_83d87937d5_c

2He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looked nothing like his photo. Gridpi10

He looked nothing like his photo. Gridpi11

He looked nothing like his photo. Gridpi12

You have just heard a snippet of Gridney's newest single, Nothing like his Picture. For more of her musical stylings, see HERE and HERE.

3He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:05 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant stuff Ian! Thanks so much for taking part. It's always great to see Gridney. It looks as if she has as much luck with dates as Shea Very Happy .

4He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:20 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Hilarious. Fun idea.
Thanks for this!
Good to see that Gridney is still active and has not been a one hit wonder.
When I get back home, I should try to participate…(travelling for a couple of days) - I’d at least have a suitable ready to go dio to take the pics in. Laughing

5He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:12 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Illusion wrote:Hilarious. Fun idea.
Thanks for this!
Good to see that Gridney is still active and has not been a one hit wonder.
When I get back home, I should try to participate…(travelling for a couple of days) - I’d at least have a suitable ready to go dio to take the pics in. Laughing

Thanks so much! Really looking forward too seeing what you come up with Very Happy

6He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:20 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
He looked nothing like his photo. 2v2eUohn9xAChVkHosted on Fotki
Angel - WOW his the pictures don't match!
But he looks so hot tho!

He looked nothing like his photo. 2v2eUUeDHxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Raven - Why oh Why do I always seem to attract the ugly ones?

7He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shots BadWolf! love them! bounce bounce bounce bounce

8He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:02 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
BAMComix wrote:Great shots BadWolf! love them! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Thank you BAMComix.

9He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

He looked nothing like his photo. Gridpi11

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok this was hilarious. And it looks like you beat me to making my dream pin-up Anakin, lol!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok this was hilarious. And it looks like you beat me to making my dream pin-up Anakin, lol!
I had you very much in mind. But I'm sure you will do a better job than me, having seen your creations, and you have expertise on all things Anakin. This body had a wee bit of damage (more like an indent) on the lower right arm, so I figured I would be recoloring it anyway so why not experiment. I will show more photos soon elsewhere (waiting on one last part). I rehaired one of those third party heads I got from eBay (it came with an overabundance of golden locks), and was trying not to give him too much hair, but I wonder if I gave him too little. The head was possibly a partial recast and thus a tad on the small side.

11He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:08 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, I know what you mean about the overabundance of locks, some of the in hand pics looked rather 'poufy'. And recast or not, it seemed to turn out ok with your tweaks to it. Curious if you had to repaint the head to match the tbleague body? It's hard to tell from those ebay pics what the skintone of that third party head actually is...

And looking forward to seeing more pics. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

12He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, I know what you mean about the overabundance of locks, some of the in hand pics looked rather 'poufy'. And recast or not, it seemed to turn out ok with your tweaks to it. Curious if you had to repaint the head to match the tbleague body? It's hard to tell from those ebay pics what the skintone of that third party head actually is...

Quick apology to Dal -- I did not mean to distract from the topic at hand (which is why I originally didn't post anything but my photos).

Sky, you are correct, skintone matching is always a concern. Right now I am blanking out a little bit, although it was not that long ago that I rehaired it, so I had to think about it. I know I did repaint a head and it was probably this one, and indeed the visible parts are clearly darker than the ones I did not repaint on the inside. I paint the area under the hairline, ears, and jawline straight up, and dab a little paint on the face, immediately spreading it thin with a cotton swab (then repeat in another area). See my repainting head sculpts tutorial to match bodies for the more detailed explanation and suggestions on paints to mix; I now also add some Vallejo "Beige Red". I did de-neck it, pried off the hair wig, and had to drill with the Dremel into and partly through the underlying "skull" (from the inside) so that the head could sit low enough on the neck peg to avoid a giraffe neck effect.  I also built up a new underhair head surface (with green stuff) to compensate for the removed wig base, but left it a little lower than the other, sculpted parts of the head (so that the hair does not look too big once glued on). Anyway, just sharing some of my experience. I'm glad you thought it was ok, which is very encouraging.

13He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:17 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, I know what you mean about the overabundance of locks, some of the in hand pics looked rather 'poufy'. And recast or not, it seemed to turn out ok with your tweaks to it. Curious if you had to repaint the head to match the tbleague body? It's hard to tell from those ebay pics what the skintone of that third party head actually is...

Quick apology to Dal -- I did not mean to distract from the topic at hand (which is why I originally didn't post anything but my photos).

Sky, you are correct, skintone matching is always a concern. Right now I am blanking out a little bit, although it was not that long ago that I rehaired it, so I had to think about it. I know I did repaint a head and it was probably this one, and indeed the visible parts are clearly darker than the ones I did not repaint on the inside. I paint the area under the hairline, ears, and jawline straight up, and dab a little paint on the face, immediately spreading it thin with a cotton swab (then repeat in another area). See my repainting head sculpts tutorial to match bodies for the more detailed explanation and suggestions on paints to mix; I now also add some Vallejo "Beige Red". I did de-neck it, pried off the hair wig, and had to drill with the Dremel into and partly through the underlying "skull" (from the inside) so that the head could sit low enough on the neck peg to avoid a giraffe neck effect.  I also built up a new underhair head surface (with green stuff) to compensate for the removed wig base, but left it a little lower than the other, sculpted parts of the head (so that the hair does not look too big once glued on). Anyway, just sharing some of my experience. I'm glad you thought it was ok, which is very encouraging.

No worries. It's great to see you guys getting involved. Hopefully more folks will dive in and play along!

14He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:38 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Jill's recent date turned out to be a big disaster, as the fellow with the handsome profile pic had a serious hygiene problem. Of course, Jill resolved the embarrassing situation in her own special way... Smile

He looked nothing like his photo. 52466804532_b0db33b97c_kJill V. by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

15He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:57 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Awesome thread and great posing you guys, especially the one in the opennig post! This is a fun topic. So many encounters of the third kind  Smile

16He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, that is just a perfect pose, Ralf.

17He looked nothing like his photo. Empty Re: He looked nothing like his photo. Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:03 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant shot Ralf bounce bounce ! Thanks so much for playing along!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum