OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Due to my LOTR avalanche I've had access to a few figures in my collection that needed the odd mod and repair. I've always had two rather rubbish GTW figures in my display but saw merits in different parts of them, thinking one good one is better tan two lousy ones (why I was displaying two was just to have the 'Ravenclaw' look as well). I like a lot of the DID figure but those hands and that hs had to go! The TB hs is actually okay and even looks like Ian Mckellen, a bit cartoony and not like Asmus's new stuff but good enough for me. I found some spare SSC senator Palpatine old man hands that work too. I had to cut and heavily trim back/down the detailed tabard from the TB figure after prying it off the body but I like the result. I've left everything yellowed (from age/smoke/sun etc..) a) because it shows off the contrasting fine details of the patterns far better this way and b) because I noticed Asmus are doing the same with their brand new preorder GTW since they're taking another crack at him after many lessons learnt over the years.

TOYBIIZ FIGURE

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. FhiL00p

DID FIGURE

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 324ETzR

After I'd done all the trimming as I hadn't planned to make a thread of this quick build initially.

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. TCyvCae

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 7SAlECj

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. RT7ji3U

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. NYHJ1Ym

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. QvP2gKS

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. BE3raa6

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. VRlA3PS

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Sgr6627

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. LchijWC

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. F73qGaa

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. IO6iCsU

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 6yt10XY

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. P0lrrvJ

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 6MYtm1d

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Eygv8zv

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 8rCNwMq

I have some GTG SSC hands somewhere that might look better but these will do for now.

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Pv63sMe

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. NsfxEDF

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. IysG1Ql

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 1BCXju4

Ravenclaw cloak/poncho

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. RncTzGF

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. ZVu4Qay

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. UaytRKC

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. FmP1DjK

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 8gCQyUr

Tabard needed quite a bit of work.

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. QNtf2bl

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Usde9Co

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. H6KRsH2

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 9otCdYU

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 1uMw3p7

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Mi9TX9E

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Q4MzNGu

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 3IRiJUc

DOING THE SPEECH TO GRIMA WORMTOUNGE
Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm. wrote:

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. D2ZKv0C

Full metal Glamdring sword.

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 48mLTW6

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. Zr9gAQj

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 7NZiE9j

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. NYNbgJT

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. 4SuvTDd

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. C4Vq7kY

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. OfOvS2m

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. GYOsF41

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He worked out very well. I'm glad you upgraded to the combined version. And I see what you mean about the resemblance -- it's unmistakable.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He worked out very well. I'm glad you upgraded to the combined version. And I see what you mean about the resemblance -- it's unmistakable.

Cheers! Funnily enough I choose to use my ToyBiz Aragorn hs for my custom bash of him too, as I prefer it over others I own; I guess they had decent sculptors for back then especially at the £15 price point for a complete NIB 12" figure!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s some nice upgrades. He looks significantly better.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Budget Simple Upgrades Making One Good Gandalf The (off)White Out Of Two Lousy Ones. C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s some nice upgrades. He looks significantly better.

Cheers! A few of the ladies need upgrades too but it's a matter of tracking head sculpts that are super rare.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum