OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Ephiane

Ovy wrote:Cool, took a closer look at all the beautiful little Pendants on the necks and belts. And just realized the little frog on Skerfs belt. Are you using little tiny shells for the blonde one, or are those pearls?

skywalkersaga wrote:Great continuation of the story -- I hope they hurry up and don't get caught! 

And I really like the details on the rescuer girl's outfit...very intricate, and beautiful colour scheme. : )

Stryker2011 wrote:The additional story material is great. Always love your settings and costumes.

GubernatorFan wrote:Loved the new photos and sequences. Beautiful photography and staging of the otherwise simple narrative. And of course the characters and props are all so minutely detailed in appearance and apparel. Is Skerf's head a modified Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson head sculpt?

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Excellent work.  As always, I love your barbarian /  tribal costumes.   I could have really used some figures dressed like that in my last series of images.  

AlKelAstra91 wrote:You are an inspiration! Great work; I thought about doing a comic-style piece for my next entry, but perhaps frame-by-frame is better!!

Thanks All ! I " steal " all my inspirations from Fantasy Artists. I´m not really happy with the  " Brabarian Bra Very Happy . It will work down sometimes . This Part of her Outfit i try to copy from this Girl here. I made it not as detailed as she wear it.

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 E6f97010

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 20190710

The Headsculpt of Skerf is  " The Rock ", Gube  Very Happy . You have good Eyes.

The  " Pearls " on my costumes i use for to hold them down. I remember my Grandma has a little rope of lead inside the end of the drape at her windows. The Pearls i use are out of metal. And thanks to the admins for to pretty up the Thread Wink

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 20190711

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Great costume you made. Looking closely at the photo of the cosplayer, it looks like she has fur bra straps hidden behind her hair — you could always add them if you’re concerned about her top falling down...

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I like the barbarian outfits too -- they look more functional than others, even if still a bit skimpy. I suppose I was imagining a "bra" (really "dress") strap or two under her hair. The use of weighted metal bits to help keep parts of the clothing draping is a very good idea. I've used it (or magnets) mostly on hoods that did not want to drape vertically down in the back.

I have good eyes? Thank you! I'll make sure to tell my eye doctor the good news. Wink

And glad you didn't mind me tidying up just a bit. Generally I'm hands off since I don't like to interfere (once I start, who knows where we'd all end up?) Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ephiane

Stryker2011 wrote:Great costume you made. Looking closely at the photo of the cosplayer, it looks like she has fur bra straps hidden behind her hair — you could always add them if you’re concerned about her top falling down...

Hell, Yes ! Please tell Your Eye Doctor the same good news, like Gube  Laughing In the first Picture it was hidden by her hair. I never copy someting completly, but i use all i see somewhere as an inspiration. I take only the fur trimming at the front for the Figure.

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 Gypjs610

GubernatorFan wrote:I like the barbarian outfits too -- they look more functional than others, even if still a bit skimpy. I suppose I was imagining a "bra" (really "dress") strap or two under her hair. The use of weighted metal bits to help keep parts of the clothing draping is a very good idea. I've used it (or magnets) mostly on hoods that did not want to drape vertically down in the back.

I have good eyes? Thank you! I'll make sure to tell my eye doctor the good news. Wink

And glad you didn't mind me tidying up just a bit. Generally I'm hands off since I don't like to interfere (once I start, who knows where we'd all end up?) Smile

That´s a Excellent Admin Job You do. You really like the hobby. Thanks for Your effort. Maybe You can show us the magnet trick ?

Oh, and here is Grandma´s Curtain Trick... the smallest Version must be good for to sew inside 1:6 clothes

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 9a80f910
Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 S-l30010

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ha... thank you, you are far too kind. I think Stryker does a whole lot more than me for the community as a whole, for example with the epic and relentless work on new product announcements. I tend to make limited interventions with an edit here or an edit there, and of course plenty of laying-on opinion. Smile

As with most things requiring balance, it is an interesting line where we stop copying and take off on the basis of inspiration. When I do research into something, I find it impossible to resist trying to replicate it as closely as I can (except where that becomes impossible) for the sake of attempting realism. Most recent example, the firemen imagery in the New Superhero revealed thread. But I suppose doing that limits creativity -- though I try to get some of that in with the humorous or ironic, as in the covers in the same thread. In my "defense" (if that were needed), some of the poses and even titles I came up with, happened to already have been done by others as I discovered later; in some cases I adjusted to avoid duplication, in some I did not. And since part of the core of this hobby is to recreate something else (from the real world, or comics, or film, or art), I suppose copying in itself is not a problem. But your emendations and creativity certainly contribute to bringing into existence a whole new magical world.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I appreciate and admire Ephiane's dedication to 'interpretation' over 'copying', though I do have to also agree with GF in that there is absolutely nothing wrong with replicating a look that one likes. My entire purpose for making 1/6 figures is to 'copy' or as I prefer to say, recreate or bring to life certain beloved characters from on-screen or in books, so my aim is always to be faithful to that. However, I can understand that, since in Ephiane's case, she is always trying to create an entirely original fantasy world of her own, that she'd prefer to use references as inspiration, and then go on to add things to each to make the characters uniquely her own. It's different approaches for different goals, I suppose .... some of us like to recreate either the real [modern and/or historical] world or other fictional/imagined worlds precisely in miniature form; others like to create their own worlds inhabited by original characters. Some of us dabble in both. It's pretty fascinating to see the results of all these approaches, as I think that, no matter what, everyone's own personal creative style still shines through. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
My deepest respect to all friends here, who can copy things from 1:1 in 1:6. Don't let me be misunderstood. I don't do this, because I can't do it Laughing
It must be great to copy something in 1:6 and at the end you get it right. But for me that will be only frustrating, because I will fail. At least something in my copy will not be perfect. It's easy to use my own inspiration, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I'm so impressed by all the soldiers from each time period, that look so real like the originals in 1:1. I remember bashers, who built a 1:6 Tank interior. All self-made and copied from originals Shocked

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:My deepest respect to all friends here, who can copy things from 1:1 in 1:6. Don't let me be misunderstood. I don't do this, because I can't do it Laughing
It must be great to copy something in 1:6 and at the end you get it right. But for me that will be only frustrating, because I will fail. At least something in my copy will not be perfect. It's easy to use my own inspiration, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I do believe you're selling yourself short, at least a little bit. Perhaps it is a question of perfectionism, in which you feel bad when something has to be just good enough but not quite perfect. I can relate to this, and to the solution -- resort to a (slight or more general) reinterpretation. But still, whatever you do, you do beautifully, Ephiane. Keep them coming!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I do believe you're selling yourself short, at least a little bit. Perhaps it is a question of perfectionism, in which you feel bad when something has to be just good enough but not quite perfect. I can relate to this, and to the solution -- resort to a (slight or more general) reinterpretation. But still, whatever you do, you do beautifully, Ephiane. Keep them coming!

Truer words were never spoken (or written, in this case).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Troll Cave Chapter One and Two: The Escape of Skerf (Blood, violence, sexual content) please adults only (updated July 2019) - Page 3 C8485110

JohnByng

Funny and horrible! Shocked Great work!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Hell yes! Skerf seems like the type of guy with the luck of the devil, who will always slip out of a predicament like this. And in this case, it's a good thing he has someone looking out for him.

Stunning work as always. All the detail on his rescuer's outfit is so beautifully done. And I love that chopped up severed arm so much. Always enjoy your posts so much.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks, Rev ! I saw the delicous Burger Blackpool´s Friend did and the fine donuts Gube made. So i have to made some Food for my figures too. That´s what i say... it´s erverytime an inspiration for me to watch the work of the other Friends here.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum