OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disaster relief, corporate style!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Disaster relief, corporate style! Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:51 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!
    Hopefully everyone had a nice christmas and new years, I know I did. A figure that I put together last year after the hurricane cause what's better than drawing inspiration from the real world, not that we have anything like what I came up with but who knows what surprises 2023 has, so let's get straight to it's background!

Corporate Alliance

The corporate alliance was formed after the end of the second US civil war in order to help rebuild the US back, the alliance is formed from different construction, engineering and architecture companies and firms who banded together to get some juicy deals with the reformed government, they are essentially responsible for the massive structures that started to be built after the wall and for the infrastructure that has shaped society ever since. After their primary objetive of rebuilding in the US was met the Corporate Alliance went international, striking deals with corporations world wide in order to respond to both natural and man made disasters and thus the Corporate Alliance Disaster relief was born, they have a presence in most of the world and have deals with both corporations and governments in order to provide first response to disasters.
Among the things they do is rebuilding of both structures and infrastructure, they also help stablish shelters, hospitals and kitchens and in true corporate military fashion they also provide security and patrols in disaster struck areas. Their bureaucracy and rules have been the focus of international investigations and government inquiries, claims of profiteering from disasters, denying aid, embezzling funds and even heavy handed use of non letal and less than letal weaponry against disaster struck victims is one of their many issues but don't worry and rest assured, C.A.D.R is doing everything to ensure that such things are a thing of the past.
Disaster relief, corporate style! YMlEw2l
Disaster relief, corporate style! EI2XyK4
Disaster relief, corporate style! SqpzsdS
Disaster relief, corporate style! 6bl6GRy
Disaster relief, corporate style! Ql0M02n
Disaster relief, corporate style! MhTFlbM
Disaster relief, corporate style! PpENSyT
Disaster relief, corporate style! YAQau4v
Disaster relief, corporate style! QkyjB2j
And with that I leave until next time! Hopefully everyone has a wonderful rest of their day and a nice week ahead.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Disaster relief, corporate style! 1f60e

2Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:01 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting figure and background. Funny how in your “world” pretty much everyone is corrupt (but then, it’s not much different than that in the real world).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Disaster relief, corporate style! C8485110

3Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A fun figure. And eerie inference from real world events and developments. Given how the world works, it is appropriate he is packing heat. The Christmas red clothing is also season appropriate. Smile

4Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:22 am

Diana

Diana
I love how the colors pop in your photos! This figure makes for some fun creative shots. Nice!

5Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful harmonic color palette and composition.

Good luck on his task of building back greater and better again. The peaceful metal dots on his knuckles and the hidden face are already great to build trust.

The backdrop looks like he is a guard in a dystopic game show.

Nice acronym too.

6Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting figure and background. Funny how in your “world” pretty much everyone is corrupt (but then, it’s not much different than that in the real world).
Thanks Stryker, corruption is like the the dawn of a new day, always there though I prefer the term ethically challenged instead of corruption.  Disaster relief, corporate style! 1f602
GubernatorFan wrote:A fun figure. And eerie inference from real world events and developments. Given how the world works, it is appropriate he is packing heat. The Christmas red clothing is also season appropriate. Smile
Thanks Gubernator, I like to draw from real events and then turn then up notch, they are all possibilites in the end though hopefully not. Ah the jumpsuit is actually less red than the photos make it look like, even under a normal light it's a very bright red, in my hands its more muted, but hey it was still the holiday season.
Diana wrote:I love how the colors pop in your photos! This figure makes for some fun creative shots. Nice!
Thanks Diana, I was using a purple light for these shots, I'm glad I did since I also like how the shots look.

Ovy wrote:Beautiful harmonic color palette and composition.

Good luck on his task of building back greater and better again. The peaceful metal dots on his knuckles and the hidden face are already great to build trust.

The backdrop looks like he is a guard in a dystopic game show.

Nice acronym too.
Thanks Ovy, I thought my figures wear too much black so I made this guy extra colorful.
Oh his gloves are actually his hands, he's been augmented in order to better help and his face, hidden behind a very high tech visor allow him to better function, hurray for peace and prosperity for all.

I guess he shares the same fashion choices in bright clothing.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Disaster relief, corporate style! 1f60e

7Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:39 pm

davidd

davidd
I like your effective concrete and brick backdrop, complete with graffiti.

8Disaster relief, corporate style! Empty Re: Disaster relief, corporate style! Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
davidd wrote:I like your effective concrete and brick backdrop, complete with graffiti.
Thanks Davidd, it actually has a wooden door since I made it to be a medieval-ish backdrop, convenient concrete barriers to the rescue in hiding it! I also been trying out some graffiti, problem is I don't know what to do most of the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum