OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

It's been a while, Christmas was fun and I got some stuff, also quite a lot of loose items to put stuff together, sadly my internet hasn't been cooperating and I've had a few delayed deliveries but nothing too bad. This guy is part of my dystopic setting though outside of the indistrict, prior figures showed are IndSec and Blu Zone which showed a little bit of how life can be in those respective areas of this dystopic world.

I have placed these figures sometimes in a far more advanced 2000's, the result of endless wars, coups, civil wars and counter coups. Massive polution, terrorism, surveillance and corporate priorities being placed before those of the people. The old and new nations and corporate nations subsist side by side often begrudgingly, its a dog eat dog world where massive military surplus has lead to more instability and hundreds of mercenary and security companies trying to get a piece of the pie, those companies range from experienced professional men and women to unexperienced people trying to gain even one digit of a full corporate credit.

The Fourth Corporate War

The Fourth corporate war where a series of attacks carried out against Zeltra International, Atlantea International, Bellhammer Technology Solutions, AmerTech, Euro Technology Research and Oceanic International Transports. The war was fought on behalf of these companies by a number of private security and military contractors, most of the violence was carried out against corporate controlled areas and usually targeted infrastructure though as the war slowly waged on the attacks started to target civilians and employees of these companies. One of those companies on the forefront of the war was Fortaleza Private Security Solutions, a company born in the US and known for hiring experienced personell.

F.P.S.S's contractors where known for wearing some of the most advanced gear out there, thermoballistic and energy absorption armor, shock-absorbing knee protectors with epocarbon plates, positive grip armored boots with support. However the most impressive piece was the helmet, equipped with a micro computer that provided the wearer with a reticule, ammunition spent, communications, and status of other devices carried. Camouflage wise they wore tacti-cam, a specialized weave that could withstand being slashed by knives, it was also equiped with lens blurring which made identifying them complicated.  The contractors at FPSS where some of the best out there and the price they charged for their services was more than well spent.
[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  HYWxIZr
[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  8U0KSTB
[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  Ow7jRTG
[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  VR8G0X4
[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  NtTcE35
[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  KqAl1dp

Well that's all for now, I have a few other guys on the works and also some protagonist sorts (you know the special looking ones). This figure was originally going to be about star wars but once the mandalorian ended the hype went with it. I was originally going to give him a kitbashed rifle but chose to use this XM8 which even if it looks straight out of a sci-fi movie is a real rifle made by H&K. For now I'll go back to finishing the other guys. For now stay safe out there and have some fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  1f60e

GregT

very cool! great backstory, too

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like this a lot, and agree, interesting backstory. Just wasn't quite clear who took on these corporate nations or companies, and who was being fought off by these guys. But that's just details. The look is a nice mix of modern, futuristic, and dystopic.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool figure and cool backstory. The line between PSC and PMC (private security or private military) is blurry. And sadly, most countries today (and quite a few corporations) use both to achieve their ends — and has been going on for decades (mainly because the cost benefit, and legal “grey area” is often more beneficial rather than using a countries “actual” military) — plus, if these people are killed or captured, there is a crap ton of “plausible deniability”. There have been cases where a country gets blamed for the actions of these individuals, but it’s often hard to prove in courts around the world — though it has happened, and there has been “reparations.”

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Wow he looks great, especially with that futuristic rifle. Like that faceless design of it all and somehow the camo you chose makes him look hyper modern. Is his employer a Brazilian corporation?

And times can be as tough and horrible as they want, nobody will ever be able to kick in that beautiful multidimensional door, haha.

Speaking of multidimensional doors, I imagine these guys sounding something like Half Life 2 Combine soldiers, I think these are one of the most atmospheric dystopic/authoritarian opressor forces created in fiction yet. Beautiful inhuman sound design.

GubernatorFan wrote:I like this a lot, and agree, interesting backstory. Just wasn't quite clear who took on these corporate nations or companies, and who was being fought off by these guys. But that's just details. The look is a nice mix of modern, futuristic, and dystopic.
I think that's part of the point, so many factions fighting each other, nobody really has an overview anymore why who is fighting who for what.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GregT wrote:very cool! great backstory, too
Thanks GregT.

GubernatorFan wrote:I like this a lot, and agree, interesting backstory. Just wasn't quite clear who took on these corporate nations or companies, and who was being fought off by these guys. But that's just details. The look is a nice mix of modern, futuristic, and dystopic.
Thanks Gubernator, I actually missed the part about this when I was going over the story. But it would have been fought between both corporations and different groups who don't necessarily agree with them along with other old nation proxies attempting to destabilize them, I think a good way to summarize all the corporate wars would be pointless.

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool figure and cool backstory. The line between PSC and PMC (private security or private military) is blurry. And sadly, most countries today (and quite a few corporations) use both to achieve their ends — and has been going on for decades (mainly because the cost benefit, and legal “grey area” is often more beneficial rather than using a countries “actual” military) — plus, if these people are killed or captured, there is a crap ton of “plausible deniability”. There have been cases where a country gets blamed for the actions of these individuals, but it’s often hard to prove in courts around the world — though it has happened, and there has been “reparations.”
Thanks Stryker. I took some inspiration from the real world when building these PMC's and PSC's companies. I also have a little bit of real world experience since after hurricane Maria I remember seeing security guards looking more like PMC's than the standard "mall cop" type of security guard, one I'll never forget was one at an office maxx wearing a plate carrier with quite a few pouches and extra magazines for his side arm, it was a bit strange at the time.

Ovy wrote:Wow he looks great, especially with that futuristic rifle. Like that faceless design of it all and somehow the camo you chose makes him look hyper modern. Is his employer a Brazilian corporation?

And times can be as tough and horrible as they want, nobody will ever be able to kick in that beautiful multidimensional door, haha.

Speaking of multidimensional doors, I imagine these guys sounding something like Half Life 2 Combine soldiers, I think these are one of the most atmospheric dystopic/authoritarian opressor forces created in fiction yet. Beautiful inhuman sound design.
Thanks Ovy. I'll always prefer a faceless look for anything dystopic. It's an american company started by spanish speaking veterans, Fortaleza means fort.

I think the secret of the door should be unlocked soon (no pun intended) I still have something planned for it soon but right now I'm more concentrated on these guys and not in figuring out interdimensional travel.  I liked the combine soldier a lot and I think there was one released in 1/6 some time ago which I passed thinking "why would I want one of those!?" now I see my mistake.

Ovy wrote:
I think that's part of the point, so many factions fighting each other, nobody really has an overview anymore why who is fighting who for what.

You have hit the nail on the head, in a world of massive corporations that have taken over land and have become nations themselves who fights who and for what is something that most people won't even care about, the corporate wars have served very little purpose other than a massive firepower and influence flexing contest.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] PSC during the Fourth Corporate War  1f60e

ZombieTestSubject

Very nice. Like someone said, good mix of creativity and realism, which makes it work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum