OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Here again with the final figure at least for now and for a while. I'll soon be creating the thread collecting all the alt history bashes. Not much else to say really, putting these figures has been fun but I feel like there's not much to make in the years I've chosen which are from around 1910 to the begining of the 1940's, perhaps future figures will be taking place in the 1950's to 1960's but for now I'm not sure. In any case let's go straight to the alt history since P.R never really had its own local navy unlike it's infantry and cavalry which had local troops.

A worthy Navy

After the end of the revolution that brought independence the island of Puerto Rico would face another threat, pirates and smugglers became a problem and while foreign nations would sometimes sweep them and in the process get paid for it the local government decided it was time to start building up a navy. Beginning in the late 1800s the first navy ships where put to sea, these agile and swift boats where meant to quickly tackle the growing issue  and as such this way of thinking continued on, why spend money on larger ships when small agile ones where more than fine with maintaining the seas around the island safe.  Around 1910 however the navy acquired a frigate, at the time the most modern ship in it's arsenal and had plans to acquire at least one more however those plans never came into fruition and by 1916 the Puerto Rican navy was basically outdated and incapable of going against the US ships, nevertheless two attempts were made to break the San Juan blockade  and continued attempts to carry out sabotage missions against supply ships had mixed results.
By the end of 1916 however most of the navy had been transferred to land duty with only a small number of sailors continuing to carry out the close to suicidal missions of sabotage, the frigate on the other hand had suffered heavy damage and it was moored in Arecibo were most of it's guns where then taken out, the ship remained there until 1920 when it was once again made fit for service. As for the sailors some of them ended up in the trenches while others either manned artillery pieces or were part of the signal corps. Sailors uniforms where made of a white cotton and were supplied with blue and white stripped shirts underneath, they made use of the standard service cap in white and blue, weapons wise they were armed with the standard mauser but also made of the c96 broomhandle and the m19 sabre, other than the uniform there was not that much of a difference between the branches.
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 X9VJc1j
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 OpUMH0o
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 Ab8vTtz
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 U20OM0V
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 LKxsld3
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 IxBvS4F
[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 RbOuKzU

Well that's that, hope you all enjoy and as for me I return to my lair to see what else I come up with, oh and compile all alt history figures into one easy thread. For now keep having fun and stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 1f60e

Valiarde

Valiarde
Another well done character. I like his equipmens/belts.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another cool figure and “history.”

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 C8485110

davidd

davidd
Cool character!
And cool setting! Love that stucco-sided building!
Nice how the hat band color-coordinates with the paint scheme of the structure. Did you construct the building specifically to serve as Navy Headquarters?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I continue to be impressed with the (alternative) history-building, and the figure turned out very well, with just the right amount of convincing detail. If anything, perhaps too orderly for a sailor on shore-leave. If you know what I mean. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks terrific! Love those boots. What are they from?

Ovy

Ovy
Poor guy, now he is stuck on land. But he doesn't look to sad about it. Like the sunny evening atmosphere the light creates.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Valiarde wrote:Another well done character. I like his equipmens/belts.
Thanks Valiarde, glad you liked his equipment.
Stryker2011 wrote:Another cool figure and “history.”
Thanks Stryker!

davidd wrote:Cool character!
And cool setting! Love that stucco-sided building!
Nice how the hat band color-coordinates with the paint scheme of the structure. Did you construct the building specifically to serve as Navy Headquarters?
Thanks Davidd! Oh no, I didn't build the backdrop for this figure, its much older than even the idea of the figure, the coincidence of blues is just that.

GubernatorFan wrote:I continue to be impressed with the (alternative) history-building, and the figure turned out very well, with just the right amount of convincing detail. If anything, perhaps too orderly for a sailor on shore-leave. If you know what I mean. Smile
Thanks Gubernator! Glad you've liked it thus far, these are propaganda photos so the sailor in question has to look clean and presentable for them.

BAMComix wrote:He looks terrific! Love those boots. What are they from?
Thanks BAM! I got those boots from toyanxiety, they are from a WWII Japanese soldier and I think the puttees too, I just used some acrylic paint to darken them as they were to bright.

Ovy wrote:Poor guy, now he is stuck on land. But he doesn't look to sad about it.  Like the sunny evening atmosphere the light creates.
Thanks Ovy! In this case being stuck on land is probably for the best, I doubt it would be enjoyable to go out at sea on a little ship like they would.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] Sailor on land, P.R. Navy 1916 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum