OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

m76

I love this, I was looking for the figure after watching the show, Which is pretty good especially the first 6 episodes.

I think you nailed the look as much as possible with off the shelf products.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

rootleaf

blackpool wrote:Awesome figure, really nicely made!

Thanks! I was inspired by everyone else's creations on this forum.

Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t mind the ribbed part of the outfit. I think the part of her clothing that could be changed would be the pants. I’d prefer “leather” or some sort of stretchy leather-like (shinier) material to offset the top and would go better with the shiny jacket. Just my spitballing, it’s your figure, do what makes you happy.

Good suggestion -  I see where you're going with it. Definitely under consideration!

m76 wrote:I love this, I was looking for the figure after watching the show, Which is pretty good especially the first 6 episodes.

I think you nailed the look as much as possible with off the shelf products.

Thanks! As a result of this process I am planning to customize where I have run into challenges searching for some of the off shelf items.

ElBundy

Nicely done! I love the Scarlett Johansson version of Major but this anime style Motoko version also looks great.

Theboo-bomb

Great work, I would say you nailed her looks.

rootleaf

rootleaf
ElBundy wrote:Nicely done! I love the Scarlett Johansson version of Major but this anime style Motoko version also looks great.
Thanks! After embarking on this I realized there are several versions of her.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Great work, I would say you nailed her looks.

Thanks, I'll take more photos of her once I finalize the figure.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Very very good..
All things Ghost in the Shell get's 2 thumbs up from me Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

rootleaf

rootleaf
ukshaun wrote:Very very good..
All things Ghost in the Shell get's 2 thumbs up from me Smile

Very much appreciated! There's more to come as I try to modify and refine!

m76

m76
ElBundy wrote:Nicely done! I love the Scarlett Johansson version of Major but this anime style Motoko version also looks great.
Are you referring to this one? Or just in general?

Diana

Diana
The best version of this character to me will always be the version as seen in the music video to "King of my Castle". Just blew me away when I saw that and couldn't believe my luck when I found out this was not just done for the music video but there was a whole movie!!!

In any case, love what you're doing. Smile
Right choice of face (for this version of the character) and you definitely captured the vibe of the outfit with what's available. I agree that the S16/17 or the S47 will be a step up. But they are very tall... Not sure how tall this character version of her is. She feels shorter. But pff! Artistic freedom! Make it yours! Very Happy

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Diana wrote:The best version of this character to me will always be the version as seen in the music video to "King of my Castle". Just blew me away when I saw that and couldn't believe my luck when I found out this was not just done for the music video but there was a whole movie!!!

I agree, Mamoru Oshii's movie version is also my favorite. It's also the most mature and "realistic" version. I really don't like that they changed her signature haircut in the Neflix installment, as this persisted in all redesigns since Shirow's original Manga character.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
m76 wrote:

Unfortunately the final figure from Threezero turned out like crap.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  - Page 2 C8485110

rootleaf

rootleaf
Diana wrote:The best version of this character to me will always be the version as seen in the music video to "King of my Castle". Just blew me away when I saw that and couldn't believe my luck when I found out this was not just done for the music video but there was a whole movie!!!

In any case, love what you're doing. Smile
Right choice of face (for this version of the character) and you definitely captured the vibe of the outfit with what's available. I agree that the S16/17 or the S47 will be a step up. But they are very tall... Not sure how tall this character version of her is. She feels shorter. But pff! Artistic freedom! Make it yours! Very Happy

Thanks! Good point - S16 is tall indeed. This version of Motoko is slight in stature. I'll go with a S24 instead.

m76

m76
Stryker2011 wrote:
m76 wrote:

Unfortunately the final figure from Threezero turned out like crap.
That's too bad. What is the problem with it? The armor outfit looks pretty crap even on the promo images, are there other issues too?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Squished, pinhead and super tiny (child-size) body. The whole thing pretty much sucked.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  - Page 2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum