OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rootleaf

rootleaf
Hello all, I wanted to share this with you.
After seeing a few episodes of Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045 series, I set out to create a custom 1/6 scale Motoko Kusanagi.
Here is one of the reference photos I used:
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Ghost-10

I had to get the hair portion of the head sculpt correct, so I used the hair from VSTOYS 21XG81 Rei:
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  512a0410

At first, I thought the sculpted hair was glued to the head but to my surprise it came right off with a little tug.
Then, I spray painted it with Vallejo's Hobby Paint in matte black. Second coat was Tamiya's TS-50 (Mica Blue).

For the face, I used YMToys YMT063B. I pried the hair off using a flat head screw driver to the nape of her neck (it was not glued very well). In order to fit the face underneath the sculpted hair, I needed to shave the ears off:
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  20230110

I ended up with this:
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji1810

I assembled her outfit from various outlets and put them on a TBLeague S10D body:
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji1811
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji1812
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji1813

In the end, I decided to use the face from YMToys YMT049:
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji2010

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji2011
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji2012
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji2013
My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  Fuji2110

She is still a work in progress as I wait for other little details to arrive.

Thanks for looking!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it is the better face. Nicely done.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:I think it is the better face. Nicely done.

Whew, I thought so too! Thanks!

Allotropos

Allotropos
Absolutely amazing work !
I noticed the purple jacket a while back and have been on the lookout to see the various kitbashes of the Major and yours is lit !
Waiting patiently for the completion which I am sure will blow my socks off !

rootleaf

rootleaf
Allotropos wrote:Absolutely amazing work !
I noticed the purple jacket a while back and have been on the lookout to see the various kitbashes of the Major and yours is lit !
Waiting patiently for the completion which I am sure will blow my socks off !

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, she will be going through some changes before I consider her final.

In fact, I just realized from my own photos that I've made Motoko look super busty. I am considering switching her to a S16A body.

Ovy

Ovy
Great job, that sculpted hair is perfect for that kind of stylized/robotic figure. And crisp photography.

And before I read your latest post it I thought you should change to a a16 or s47, but you already had the same idea haha.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice!!! I really love the new face and the paint job on the hair, that turned out so beautifully.

I'm not familiar with the character, so the body shape didn't stand out to me, but I'm sure she'll look good on the other bodies in question, as well. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Ovy wrote:Great job, that sculpted hair is perfect for that kind of stylized/robotic figure. And crisp photography.

And before I read your latest post it I thought you should change to a a16 or s47, but you already had the same idea haha.

Thanks very much! Yeah, we are on the same page, for sure. I am also going to look into the S47 and compare.

rootleaf

rootleaf
skywalkersaga wrote:Very nice!!! I really love the new face and the paint job on the hair, that turned out so beautifully.

I'm not familiar with the character, so the body shape didn't stand out to me, but I'm sure she'll look good on the other bodies in question, as well. : )

Thank you! If it wasn't for the extra Rei Ayanami head sculpt, I would have had an even bigger challenge of getting the head correct.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful work. You chose wisely on the face, and using the hair. Looking forward to seeing the final figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  C8485110

valentin

valentin
I like it! It's very apt for the chosen hair.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2011 wrote:Beautiful work. You chose wisely on the face, and using the hair. Looking forward to seeing the final figure.

Thank you! I am already thinking of changing out the color of her bodysuit to black and perhaps getting rid of the ridges because it looks like a sweater. We'll see.

valentin

valentin
decal artwork for the triangle logo

Here's the triangle logo, recreated in ppt. You can resize it accordingly or change the background color to suit your final body suit color.

rootleaf

rootleaf
valentin wrote:I like it! It's very apt for the chosen hair.

Thanks! Waiting around for all of the items to arrive is the worst part of these projects but well worth it in the end!

rootleaf

rootleaf
valentin wrote:decal artwork for the triangle logo

Here's the triangle logo, recreated in ppt. You can resize it accordingly or change the background color to suit your final body suit color.

Thanks very much! This will be helpful, for sure.

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks truly awesome! I really like all the parts you selected, they work beautifully together, well done bounce bounce . The shot of the head without hair has a extremely android feel without trying, don't you think? or is it just me scratch .

rootleaf

rootleaf
BAMComix wrote:She looks truly awesome! I really like all the parts you selected, they work beautifully together, well done bounce bounce . The shot of the head without hair has a extremely android feel without trying, don't you think? or is it just me scratch .

Yes! The only things missing are the wires, circuitry and cpu! Very Happy

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice work on your custom Kusanagi-figure! I'm not a fan of the new GITS show and the character redesign, but your version looks really nice.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice work on your custom Kusanagi-figure! I'm not a fan of the new GITS show and the character redesign, but your version looks really nice.  

Thanks very much! I don't know the source material very well but I am a fan of 1/6 figures, so I wanted to see if I could pull this off.

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome figure, really nicely made!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t mind the ribbed part of the outfit. I think the part of her clothing that could be changed would be the pants. I’d prefer “leather” or some sort of stretchy leather-like (shinier) material to offset the top and would go better with the shiny jacket. Just my spitballing, it’s your figure, do what makes you happy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  C8485110

m76

m76
I love this, I was looking for the figure after watching the show, Which is pretty good especially the first 6 episodes.

I think you nailed the look as much as possible with off the shelf products.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

rootleaf

rootleaf
blackpool wrote:Awesome figure, really nicely made!

Thanks! I was inspired by everyone else's creations on this forum.

Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t mind the ribbed part of the outfit. I think the part of her clothing that could be changed would be the pants. I’d prefer “leather” or some sort of stretchy leather-like (shinier) material to offset the top and would go better with the shiny jacket. Just my spitballing, it’s your figure, do what makes you happy.

Good suggestion -  I see where you're going with it. Definitely under consideration!

m76 wrote:I love this, I was looking for the figure after watching the show, Which is pretty good especially the first 6 episodes.

I think you nailed the look as much as possible with off the shelf products.

Thanks! As a result of this process I am planning to customize where I have run into challenges searching for some of the off shelf items.

ElBundy

ElBundy
Nicely done! I love the Scarlett Johansson version of Major but this anime style Motoko version also looks great.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great work, I would say you nailed her looks.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! My attempt at Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2045  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum