OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coomodel question

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coomodel question Empty Coomodel question Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:55 pm

Vahlkyr

Hi there first time posting anything, i've never bought a 1/6 coomodel before and was wondering where to start. Been debating on whether to get a knight or samurai and which model to actually pick up? Like which one's are more solid/durable? I'd figure the knights would be the way to go for durability since the the samurai have such intricate detailing but i dunno. Also how's the build quality/QC on em? like do they eventually topple under their own weight or get loose joints from all the armor? pretty new to the 1/6 world but they've kind of caught my eye with the metal armor and such. Thanks in advanced. Smile

2Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:15 am

Diana

Diana
I don't have any Coomodel figures, but I'm sure someone will share their experience soon. IN the meantime: Welcome Vahlkyr! Nice of you to stop by! Smile

3Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:03 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a couple Coo Model figures (Pantheon series Athena and Ares). The accessories and outfits are really well done — if not necessary [I’m not a fan of die cast — it’s too damn heavy for the cheap bodies to hold properly]. That’s my one complaint — Coo Model bodies are a bit … cheap. Their latest iteration of stand alone bodies are sturdier than before, but they are on the grey side, and changing out the hands is an absolute pain in the ass.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Coomodel question C8485110

4Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am not quite as disappointed in CooModel bodies as Stryker, but I will say that at least in cases of parted-out ones (were they damaged in the process?), the wrist/hand pegs don't hold very well, and hands (or gloved/gauntleted hands) can come off too easily. Other than that, the bodies work reasonably well, although cast metal armor would naturally place more weight on them. As far as balance, you would probably want to use the included stands, just in case. When it comes to choosing between knights and samurai, you should not be listening to anyone's advice but your own taste, unless it really is a choice based on better quality alone. I like both, but insofar as I collect either, it has been knights. So I don't have sufficient evidence to suggest which is better than the other in terms of quality. POP Toys also has had some knights and samurai.

5Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:08 pm

Vahlkyr

Diana wrote:I don't have any Coomodel figures, but I'm sure someone will share their experience soon. IN the meantime: Welcome Vahlkyr! Nice of you to stop by! Smile
Thanks for the quick response! I've actually never posted on any forum before, but I enjoy all the pictures this site has.

6Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:16 pm

Vahlkyr

Stryker2011 wrote:I have a couple Coo Model figures (Pantheon series Athena and Ares). The accessories and outfits are really well done — if not necessary [I’m not a fan of die cast — it’s too damn heavy for the cheap bodies to hold properly]. That’s my one complaint — Coo Model bodies are a bit … cheap. Their latest iteration of stand alone bodies are sturdier than before, but they are on the grey side, and changing out the hands is an absolute pain in the ass.
Oh that's kind of what i was worried about. hm I had hoped they'd somehow compensate for the extra weight with sturdier joints than normal but I guess not.

7Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:37 pm

Vahlkyr

GubernatorFan wrote:I am not quite as disappointed in CooModel bodies as Stryker, but I will say that at least in cases of parted-out ones (were they damaged in the process?), the wrist/hand pegs don't hold very well, and hands (or gloved/gauntleted hands) can come off too easily. Other than that, the bodies work reasonably well, although cast metal armor would naturally place more weight on them. As far as balance, you would probably want to use the included stands, just in case. When it comes to choosing between knights and samurai, you should not be listening to anyone's advice but your own taste, unless it really is a choice based on better quality alone. I like both, but insofar as I collect either, it has been knights. So I don't have sufficient evidence to suggest which is better than the other in terms of quality. POP Toys also has had some knights and samurai.
Oh wow thanks, hm I guess i'd go with my gut and probably pick up a knight just based on aesthetics. Oh i've heard of pop toys, how are those in comparison, just in terms of build quality? Thanks for the heads up i'll have to look into em.

8Coomodel question Empty Re: Coomodel question Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I've got one Poptoys figure (Tomoe Gozen) and the hands are a bit loose (just as GubernatorFan described for Cootoys, they come off too easily).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum