OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

collectorofmany

So, I’m looking for a specific era of a soft drink can…

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 Img_1810
(If you’re a big enough Batman fan, easy guess!  Very Happy )

I’ve been searching using a variety of terms like dollhouse, vintage, soda, cola, diet, can, and have been getting a couple decent hits here or there, but no luck on this era (late 80s).

I’ve thought about just buying some generic cans and replacing the labels, but would have to run some test prints to see how detailed I could get the tiny labels.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Other than looking for suitably-sized jewelry pieces (charms) of that specific design on Etsy and similar places, I think you might have to print your own and tape them on top of a suitable can.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Yes, I would also suggest finding a suitable 1/6 scale can and creating your own. : )

collectorofmany

GubernatorFan wrote:Other than looking for suitably-sized jewelry pieces (charms) of that specific design on Etsy and similar places, I think you might have to print your own and tape them on top of a suitable can.

skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, I would also suggest finding a suitable 1/6 scale can and creating your own. : )

Being a designer by trade, I decided to completely recreate the can labels. It took a little digging, but I was able to find the era-correct logos/trademarks and can label layout reference designs for this Diet Coke can. Here is the end result:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 Img_1811

I took measurements (in centimeters) of a label on an actual sixth scale cola can I do have on hand and designed in vector at 100% scale. After printing it out, I came out with the following…
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 Img_1812

Since I don’t want to ruin one of my licensed Coca-Cola 1/6 scale cans, I’ll probably order a multi-pack of generic blank cans, re-print these tiny labels on sticker paper and cover with clear tape to give it some gloss before trimming and affixing.

So far this looks like it will work out perfectly!!

EDIT: So I trimmed it out and used a tiny piece of tape just to mock it up to a New Wave Coca-Cola metal can… this is going to be PERFECT once I get more metal cans!!
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 Img_1814

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent design. You could theoretically help yourself by printing on Avery self-adhesive label sheets (or similar products), although for best results it's probably best to just tape it with glossy transparent tape anyway.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad you are finding a solution for the custom cans, collectorofmany!

I have a random question -- for a while now I've been trying to find 1/6 'child' shoes or boots that are small enough to fit the Mr Z child body's feet. The problem I run into is that a lot of the childish-looking doll shoes out there are either too large or much too tiny. Yes, I know I could make them from scratch and that is what I'll probably have to do, but thought I'd make one last ditch attempt to avoid that. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I have a random question -- for a while now I've been trying to find 1/6 'child' shoes or boots that are small enough to fit the Mr Z child body's feet. The problem I run into is that a lot of the childish-looking doll shoes out there are either too large or much too tiny. Yes, I know I could make them from scratch and that is what I'll probably have to do, but thought I'd make one last ditch attempt to avoid that. Razz
How about these, from the Lakor Baby young Joker (Take Happiness Home or whatever they called it) sets?
https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/child-joker-child-sized-body-w-hand-set-boots-1?_pos=11&_sid=94b0926a7&_ss=r

The bodies are awful, but the shoes are neat. Might need a lot of heating or a little bit of opening up with a drill to fit on the Mr Z bodies but are very promising. Another possible options might be some Barbie and Ken products, which were designed for rather tiny feet (and some of which might even be meant for very young characters).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Does anyone have a Kier body (or similar winged seamless) and can tell me how the wings are attached to the seamless body?  Just holes in there?

I might want to attach something to the back of a body and thinking about magnets under the skin for example... Surprised

Edit: Maybe this is better in the short question/answer thread

Annalise

Annalise
Valiarde wrote:Does anyone have a Kier body (or similar winged seamless) and can tell me how the wings are attached to the seamless body?  Just holes in there?

My Kier is the wingless first iteration, but I do have Purgatori and Aset which both have 2 small plastic sockets imbedded in the back that the wings plug into.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was looking on Monkey Depot to see if they still had a photo of such a body, but didn't see one at present. There are holes, and wings plug into them (or into the sockets that are inside). At least one figure came with sort of upper back molded garment that could be plugged in instead, if one did not want to use the wings. Magnets might not hold something too heavy. Also, the skin is actually flesh, thicker than skin.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’ve also been considering a solution for adding wings, the plug thing that tbleague came up with seems more viable than magnets. Though in my case i’d like to find a way to also be able to move the wings (such as on a hinge of some sort) rather than have them just statically attached to the back. But that’s even more complicated and I haven’t figured it out yet.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all for the input! 
I just remembered we had a thread on Kier here. Brassco showed some pics of the back
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3586p22-tbleague-sideshow-collectibles-pl2020-171-kier-shadow-of-heaven-1-6-scale-action-figure

Hm, these holes seem to hold the big spreaded wings quiet well it seems. But those connectors are probably perfectly matched. GEtting other wings into a body might be more troublesome.

I also brainstormed with a friend sth along the lines to build them into a construct which can be part of the outfit. But that seems like a very specialized solution.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde, that's another option I've considered (to rig up some harness to attach the wings to which would be hidden under clothing), but it would limit the figure to only wearing the wings while fully clothed, and it would be nice to have an option for a 'shirtless' version. (I'm wanting the wings for a male figure, to clarify, lol.)

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Valiarde, that's another option I've considered (to rig up some harness to attach the wings to which would be hidden under clothing), but it would limit the figure to only wearing the wings while fully clothed, and it would be nice to have an option for a 'shirtless' version. (I'm wanting the wings for a male figure, to clarify, lol.)
I see Razz
Understandable hehe

I also prefer them attached to the body instead of sth else. MAybe I should get a damaged body and try to drill some holes in it  Cool

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Okay, I need a Dragon ACOG or similar scope, in tan coloration would be perfect. The reason is, that I want to fit it on the Stoner LMG Dragon made. Tried a Easy & Simple scope but it did not fit.

madnug

madnug
Does anyone know what HS this is

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 B8597b10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
madnug wrote:Does anyone know what HS this is

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 B8597b10

No idea, but I like it a lot!

DarthJ

HS is one of the body colours of Jiaou Doll figures as far as I know. But you are looking for a Head Sculpt ?

madnug

madnug
DarthJ wrote:HS is one of the body colours of Jiaou Doll figures as far as I know.

does it comes with a jiaou doll body package?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Okay, this might be a tricky thing, but I am looking for some Officer Dress Uniforms, preferably modern day ones, from the US and the UK as well as other countries if thats a thing. I need to kitbash some staff officers for my organization called H.U.N.T.

I recall that ZC World made a US Air force Uniform for example, but dont know if there are any others

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
ZeroDelta wrote:Okay, this might be a tricky thing, but I am looking for some Officer Dress Uniforms, preferably modern day ones, from the US and the UK as well as other countries if thats a thing. I need to kitbash some staff officers for my organization called H.U.N.T.

I recall that ZC World made a US Air force Uniform for example, but dont know if there are any others

I don’t recall ever seeing modern dress uniforms. We get a lot of field uniforms, of course, but never almost never uniforms. I have the Marine dress uniform figure based on Ed Harris from The Rock (I believe it was Soldier Story that did that one).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Here’s a question for all the female figure enthusiasts: I have the TBLeague Sinful Suzi figure that I’m planning to use for a custom figure (body is stark white), but I can’t find bare feet that that work (and this despite having all the different sized bodies). I’ve even tried plumbers tape and that didn’t work. Either the hole is too big, or too small. The ball joint is approximately 6 mm in diameter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Here’s a question for all the female figure enthusiasts: I have the TBLeague Sinful Suzi figure that I’m planning to use for a custom figure (body is stark white), but I can’t find bare feet that that work (and this despite having all the different sized bodies). I’ve even tried plumbers tape and that didn’t work. Either the hole is too big, or too small. The ball joint is approximately 6 mm in diameter.

I have no experience of that specific body, as I try to stay away from pale ones -- except in rare cases where a few male headsculpts are too light to work with the seamless bodies and these can benefit from some recoloring, as with the M36 in the review I just posted. However, on occasion I have been able to make feet work by carefully widening an overly small foot hole with a Dremel.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2012 wrote:

I don’t recall ever seeing modern dress uniforms. We get a lot of field uniforms, of course, but never almost never uniforms. I have the Marine dress uniform figure based on Ed Harris from The Rock (I believe it was Soldier Story that did that one).

Oh , that's a great question. I'd be interested to know of any other examples....

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:

Oh , that's a great question. I'd be interested to know of any other examples....

Well, I know that there are those WWII Captain America Sets, those actually work as a stand in of the New US Army Service Uniform, which is basically the WWII dress uniform in new material. The Cut of the Jacket is the same, but instead of green, tan khaki pants are worn and the shirt and tie also are in different colors. The Hat is pretty much unchanged from its WWII counterpart, and they even re-introduced the "Ike" Jacket as well as the long Trenchcoat and Leather bomber Jacket.

The Tom Hanks "Destroyer Commander" figure also wears WWII Issued Navy Dress Uniform and that same uniform is still worn today, but with minor differences, like the Officer Hat is now White and not seablue.

As I said, as Ironman 2 came out, a company made the US Air force Dress Uniform, to go with James Rhodes, but I cant find it anymore.

The US Marines wear tan Kahki to this day, and you can basically retool the 21C Drill Sergeant Uniform for that (would be short sleeve order then) and only in ceremonies, the "Dress Blues" are worn.

ukshaun

ukshaun
I have been searching for:
1/6 scale E-Cigarette

So far, no luck?

I have managed to fine things including: pipe, cigarette, hookah (an accessory that ships with the Hot Toys Fantastic Beasts Gellert Grindelwald MMS513 figure).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

madnug

madnug
Stryker2012 wrote:Here’s a question for all the female figure enthusiasts: I have the TBLeague Sinful Suzi figure that I’m planning to use for a custom figure (body is stark white), but I can’t find bare feet that that work (and this despite having all the different sized bodies). I’ve even tried plumbers tape and that didn’t work. Either the hole is too big, or too small. The ball joint is approximately 6 mm in diameter.

The sinful suzi looks like the amazon body or base body S52,S53.

If the feet ball joint is similar to 52/53.. it should fit standard size foot from s10,17,20,23 n such.. and also large foot from s28,38,46,52..

if you have other box figures with similar bodies can try it out to see if they are same balljoint size, liker kier and soldier amazon, which have bare feet.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I found feet that work, thanks, All. There was a weird “ring” of hard plastic on the figure (with her boots on, she is super tall), and once I removed the ring, and heated the feet up like crazy, the ones I found worked. Not sure which TBL bodies they came from (I have both hands and feet in containers based on skin tone).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum