OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
I like the new head even more than the original. Nice choice.

Annalise

That new YMT HS looks great on her. Good choice.

BAMComix

rootleaf wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to post figs of this amazing figure! I never realized you based her off a statue. You really captured her style. The dark haired head looks really nice, but I do prefer the blonde. Amazing work!

Thanks BAM, for nudging me to show her off! I will keep the black haired one that way it is. I will make a Command Officer out of the blonde head as soon as the additional accessories arrive.

No, my friend, thank you for sharing her with us! I think I speak for all when I say, she is an amazing creation (with either head Very Happy ).

Diana

She looks gorgeous!! Especially with the new head. Like others have said: Looks more Vulcan to me. But maybe with some strands in front of the ears and maybe with a little trim I'd like the blonde head, too, cause the expression is pretty perfect for a Vulcan. Looking forward to seeing the Command Officer! Smile

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:I like the new head even more than the original.  Nice choice.
Annalise wrote:That new YMT HS looks great on her. Good choice.
Thank you! That head sculpt will be permanent for this figure, for sure.

BAMComix wrote:
rootleaf wrote:

Thanks BAM, for nudging me to show her off! I will keep the black haired one that way it is. I will make a Command Officer out of the blonde head as soon as the additional accessories arrive.

No, my friend, thank you for sharing her with us! I think I speak for all when I say, she is an amazing creation (with either head Very Happy ).
I appreciate the kind words. I hope to have more to share once the other accessories arrive!

Diana wrote:She looks gorgeous!! Especially with the new head. Like others have said: Looks more Vulcan to me. But maybe with some strands in front of the ears and maybe with a little trim I'd like the blonde head, too, cause the expression is pretty perfect for a Vulcan. Looking forward to seeing the Command Officer! Smile
Oh, good suggestion about the haircut! (I am so reluctant to trim hair because any mistake will be permanent, but sometimes you just have to do it!)

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Fantastic Vulcan, I like that second sculpt especially too. I was considering getting her for an elf project and trimming down the ears bit, however would probably be too nervous to do it in case I messed it up! That is great effort in searching out trek accessory options, it seems quite a rabbit hole at times.

32Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:40 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Tanzenwolfe wrote:Fantastic Vulcan, I like that second sculpt especially too. I was considering getting her for an elf project and trimming down the ears bit, however would probably be too nervous to do it in case I messed it up! That is great effort in searching out trek accessory options, it seems quite a rabbit hole at times.

Thanks! Yeah, I was also thinking of trimming the ears a bit but once I got the hs, I realized the ears were super small and difficult to safely clamp down without deforming them. After photographing the figure, I think it works well without modification. BTW, the ears do not stay in the head very well. I ended up using plastic cement to permanently attach them.

rootleaf

rootleaf
UPDATE: A few accessories arrived and I was able to update the Vulcan Science Officer images. Thanks to davidd for the tip about the Barbie Star Trek edition tricorder and phaser! I also picked up a Vulcan salute hand from Toy Anxiety. As you can see, there are two officers now. The redhead is a Command Officer with a different insignia and she carries the phaser as well (I'm not a Star Trek expert because her uniform color is off - I don't think pink was ever a Command Officer color). Her head comes from the VeryCool Tricky Baby figure and her body is a Jiaou JOQ-15C-YS.

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Two-of11

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Fuji6810

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Fuji6811

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice updates. And double the fun.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice updates. And double the fun.

Thanks and agreed! Very Happy

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very nicely done. The new officer looks good. Curious where you’re getting the “badge” from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 1f10

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:Very nicely done. The new officer looks good. Curious where you’re getting the “badge” from.
Thank you! I resized the images from wikipedia and printed it out on a laser printer. Cutting it out was the hardest but as long as you have a sharp xacto knife, it can be done. Aleene's Tacky Glue allowed me to attach them to the uniform. What I like about Aleene's is that it does not soak and crinkle the paper. We've all seen how the water content in regular glue can warp paper. Aleene's doesn't do that for some reason.

davidd

davidd
Pink should have been a Star Trek uniform colour, because this looks fantastic!

Those are excellent boots you've found as well.

Are the metallic wrist bands some sort of jewelry accessory? The size looks perfect to suggest a sewn-on sleeve insignia.

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:Pink should have been a Star Trek uniform colour, because this looks fantastic!

Those are excellent boots you've found as well.

Are the metallic wrist bands some sort of jewelry accessory? The size looks perfect to suggest a sewn-on sleeve insignia.

Thanks davidd! Those are the Kumik FS-15 boots I found on eBay.
I agree about the wrist insignias. The old photos of Shatner, Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols all had some gold wrist insignias on their uniforms.
I just used spare gold tape from a fashion photo shoot I did years ago.

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Gold_t10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They look so great together!!! Well done! Smile

And nice idea to just use paper printout/cutouts. Aileen's tacky glue does indeed come in very handy for so many uses.

I also appreciate your use of the gold tape, very creative! It reminds me of the gold balloon ribbon I used to mimic the headband on my AotC 'Fireside' Padme.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rootleaf

rootleaf
skywalkersaga wrote:They look so great together!!! Well done! Smile

And nice idea to just use paper printout/cutouts. Aileen's tacky glue does indeed come in very handy for so many uses.

I also appreciate your use of the gold tape, very creative! It reminds me of the gold balloon ribbon I used to mimic the headband on my AotC 'Fireside' Padme.

Thanks! Agreed, Aleene's has become a fast favorite of mine. I have the 8fl oz bottle. I am not sure I'll go through all of it but I will try.
Nice! Yeah, that moment when you go, Aha! I can totally use this _______ for the project. It's a great feeling.

davidd

davidd
Thank you for the info on the gold foil tape and the specific model number on the boots! Much appreciated!

43Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fri May 05, 2023 10:56 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Never would have guessed the resized badges were just printed out. Very cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
How cool does she look! amazing work!!

45Star Trek Science Officer custom figure - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Sat May 06, 2023 10:10 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Nice work ! and as others have said - the elves heads for this is a super idea.
That uniform zipper pull (to me) is a bit distracting dangling on the side and I've had those on boots and other clothing that I snipped off.
Nice work rootleaf looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you build a bigger team !

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:Thank you for the info on the gold foil tape and the specific model number on the boots! Much appreciated!
Happy to help!  Very Happy

Stryker2012 wrote:Never would have guessed the resized badges were just printed out. Very cool.
BAMComix wrote:How cool does she look! amazing work!!
Allotropos wrote:Nice work ! and as others have said - the elves heads for this is a super idea.
That uniform zipper pull (to me) is a bit distracting dangling on the side and I've had those on boots and other clothing that I snipped off.
Nice work rootleaf looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you build a bigger team !    
Thanks very much, all. I see all of your work and that's what keeps me going!

I hope to add at least one more to the crew but it may prove to be too challenging. We'll see!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum