OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model German General Field Marshal ITEM NO: GM652

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 159

* Super Realistic Headsculpt!
* Multiple brand-new medals especially for Walter Model!
* Field Marshal Walter Model Interim baton!
* Field Marshal Walter Model baton!

Features
Super realistic headsculpt
Body
Left Palms X 2 + Right Palms X 2
Outfits
Visor Cap
Uniform
Breeches
Greatcoat
Shirt
Grey gloves
Brown belt (genuine leather)
Cotton one-piece suit
Jackboots (genuine leather)
Accessories
Goggles
Binoculars
Watch
Frameless monocle
Field Marshal Walter Model baton
Field Marshal Walter Model Interim baton
Weapon
PPK pistol with a clip and holster in genuine leather
Insignia
German Field Marshal collar tab X 2 pairs
German Field Marshal shoulder board X 2 pairs
Breast eagle x 1
Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords x 1
Iron Cross 1st Class 1914 x 1
1939 Clasp 1st Class to the 1914 Iron Cross 1st Class x 1
Wound Badge in Gold x 1
Panzer Assault Badge X 1

NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 259
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 359
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 459
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 0410
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 659
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 756
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 0710
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 952
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1051
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1150
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1249
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1348
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1444
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1544
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1641
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1734
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1832
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1928
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2028
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2125
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2223
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2320
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2418
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2518
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2615
NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 2715

#newproduct #3R #DiD #WalterModel #German #GeneralFieldMarshal #WWII #military #historical

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice set overall, although the head sculpt looks a little cartoonish to me.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Yeah, that was the complaint I’ve heard from others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1f10

Diana

Diana
I don't even think he looks all that cartoonish but it's hard to fathom that someone might actually look like that. I feel like I've seen the guy exactly like that. Deeply disturbing. Ugh. Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fair enough. Some people do have those features. DID's sculpting is usually very fine, but perhaps it could not overcome this. I don't know if it based on a real person. The monocle is also a thing so alien to us today that it might contribute to the slightly cartoonish factor.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Oh, he was a real person. (The monocle may be giving him hints of Colonel Klink from Hogan’s Heroes, but this guy wasn’t funny.

NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 Img_6013

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 1f10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Stryker2012 wrote:Oh, he was a real person. (The monocle may be giving him hints of Colonel Klink from Hogan’s Heroes, but this guy wasn’t funny.

NEW PRODUCT: 3R (DiD): Walter Model  German General Field Marshal  ITEM NO: GM652 Img_6013

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who saw that similarity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2012 wrote:Oh, he was a real person.
Yes, he was a German Field Marshal who committed suicide in april 1945 near Dusseldorf. He wanted to avoid capture after he learnt the Russians had indicted him for war crimes.

From Wikipedia:
His decision to commit suicide was sealed when he learned that the Soviets had indicted him for war crimes, specifically the deaths of 577,000 people in concentration camps in Latvia and the deportation of 175,000 others as slave labor.
(...)
While on the Eastern Front, Model showed no objection to the treatment of civilians by the SS in the areas under his command and oversaw several anti-partisan operations, mostly while commanding the 9th Army. These operations, conducted by Wehrmacht troops as well as SS, were bloody, although not unusual by German Eastern Front standards. In conjunction with the ruthless scorched earth policies he followed during his retreats, they would lead to the Soviet Union declaring him a war criminal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Model

I'm not sure he's responsible for everything the Russians accused him of, but surely he's not someone I'd want on my shelves.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
No kidding. A lot of these guys were grade-A horrible and outside of those who swing fully into recreating battles and such from the war I don’t see a point in some of the “less headline” figures. For clarity, I say “less headline” as I bet most folks could recognize Rommel as opposed to him.

That said, I’m tempted to find the headsculpt. Like I said above, I saw the Col. Klink resemblance and with some tweaking it may be doable. Hogans Heroes is one of my fav shows, and I’ve been debating starting to make my own figures. There’s enough loose parts out there to do uniforms, that’s for sure.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Another interesting bit of history surrounding him is that he was universally despised by his own staff and the soldiers beneath him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum