OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The review of the figure...rubbish!(for today's standards) LOL Okay that's a bit harsh but there's a reason I got him for less than half price! All the armour, helmet, swords, shield and even the hands are diecast metal! It's obvious this was never going to work on a normal cheap standard ratchetless body, everything is far too heavy! The diecast gloves (this has to be a new company, what were they thinking?) can't hold any of the accessories, there are four hands included and out of the box they are useless. What looks like real chain mail isn't, not sure what it is, some kind of curly woven silver mesh, the tailoring is pretty rubbish tbh, I do like the look of the armour which is why I bought it with a custom build in mind, the helmet is blatantly LOTR movie Rohirrim in design which works for me since I plan to turn him into The Hammer Of Sauron (THOS) who was a Gondorian stretcher bearer who touched Sauron's mace and was  transformed into an evil butcher by it.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. CElZewU

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 4Nflfc9

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. UjJqVQO

ARRIVED WITH HIS HEAD DETACHED AND A BROKEN PEG LOOSE IN THE BOX THAT DIDN'T BODE WELL...ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SURE IF IT EVEN BELONGS TO HIM...LOL

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 9AezgDY

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. YCviBAw

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. I4BEPAT

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. OnEdknr

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. BSRK73S

THE BAG/PURSE LOOKS LIKE IT'S FROM WW2 WHICH IS A BIT CONFUSING..SO DOES THE BELT.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 0BJap3t

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. VjYCeIJ

CAPE'S LIKE A BEDSHEET..

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. KieKDYK

ELASTIC BANDS ON PLASTIC ARMOUR STRETCH TERRIBLY SO WITH HEAVY DIECAST IT SEEMS A CRAZY CHOICE.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Zm7YrqB

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 9YdEQ8U

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. OqIrTwP

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 5zkhhNe

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 0SAddlf

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. PFb7xZI

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. QyhbAKv

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. TrdOQD6

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Lf352re

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. FHCyR8u

Any redeeming qualities? Sure! The armour's gorgeous I just wish they'd made it out plastic tbh. The parts I won't be using for the custom build of THOS will be great for other builds.

Now let me introduce you to THOS, he was in a video game along with The Hand Of Sauron and The Tower Of Sauron, collectively known as the Black Captains. They're not cannon or lore but look too cool not to make, never even played the game lol.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. MXuMblA

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. VQXkctT

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. JafExeJ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Q7WG70X

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. D1awRiW

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. LgLeKsG

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. C2v4gbH

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Q1mR8rI

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. PnPWdfv

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. U2jhUpm

Some early ideas to make use of TMOS's extra faces that are wasted in a baggie in a box..

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Qn7uZhg

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. EGbyLoC

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. J7cJZlt

Who knows, maybe I could do a Chronicles Of Riddick Lord Marshal type of multiple faces or like an Indian god?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wish Chronicles of Riddick were better represented in sixth-scale. There is that one Riddick figure I have. Anyway, this character is all new to me, and I look forward to seeing you transform and amplify this to make him.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I wish Chronicles of Riddick were better represented in sixth-scale. There is that one Riddick figure I have. Anyway, this character is all new to me, and I look forward to seeing you transform and amplify this to make him.

Cheers! I agree about the lack of 1/6 characters from the Chronicles Of Riddick, so many damn gorgeous designs went into the Necromongers' armour! I've got as many as were released in 1/12 but it's not the same. This guy is LOTR though just to be clear and I'll use artistic licence to build my version of him with what I have starting with that armour.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I was lucky dodging this figure, which I had on the "interesting" list for a long time. But it really turned out quiet bad and too heavy, like you mentioned. I like this project and will be following!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Valiarde wrote:I was lucky dodging this figure, which I had on the "interesting" list for a long time. But it really turned out quiet bad and too heavy, like you mentioned. I like this project and will be following!

The body's better than I thought, not quality wise but at least design wise, the knees are ratcheted so I was wrong about that, the joints are nice and stiff (the neck's junk though). The gripping hands and skirt armour are actually plastic not metal but it's so hard you can't use them to hold the weapons anyway.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. WhHQA99

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. IimbZfu

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. PbXaAvt

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. CfmB44Y

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Vj4VcyX

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. OEuleDf

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. GhmSqYC

HAS A  RUBBER WAIST.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. S7DDAL4

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. ApxItnb

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 1VFT4qM

I tried out over 50 heads before I decided on a KO Thanos one, I wanted   a strong jaw and scars, well jaws don't get any stronger than his! LOL. Imagine him with white skin, Alice Cooper like make up and either black or red lines in his chin grooves so it looks like blood or a Punisher skull.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 9kmspT2

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. NIbTgh5

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. CUv81Iy

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Vlr5fop

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 05spluZ

Boots are way too small, especially for that head.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. MHIjEJe

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. BgJTxZn

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. R8NpbGZ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. YMb8LkG

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. TeOVYit

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Q0B8pRx

STUFF I'M WORKING WITH FOR NOW

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. NCrzIf1

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Nq2Wfks

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. SIwMfMF

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. LlSWfl3

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. YMZGrUs

TOO TIGHT, ALREADY VERY THIN AND NOT FLEXIBLE AT ALL AS IT'S DIECAST

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Jq70YOn

DREMEL WORK ALREADY LOL.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. QBs7xXl

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. V4HNGB0

WORKING OUT PROPORTION CHALLENGES TO SOLVE..

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. TlYPCf5

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. GFtJQ18

ARMOUR WILL BE SPRAYED BLACK THEN HAVE THE HIGHLIGHTS POLISHED BACK TO METAL.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Q1mR8rI

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This should be another impressive build. You’re already off to a good start. Way to think outside the box for another way to use this figure. I’m doing something (not this particular character) with a massive figure that I received not that long ago to turn into something completely different, but it was my intent from the start (not going to give anything away until I can see if it actually works).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice choices, Alex. By the way, the original head is from one of those youthful Chinese Buddhist monks figures! Funny they should have used it for this, although it was just as filler in the helmet.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Never really understood why some companies go the diecast route, specially in 1/6, it's always heavy, painted over (which sometimes looks awful) and most of the time the figures can't hold onto items. Anyway, with that out of the way I see what you mean when you said the armor looked similar, that's definitely interesting, this guy is gonna be looking awesome in no time.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:This should be another impressive build. You’re already off to a good start. Way to think outside the box for another way to use this figure. I’m doing something (not this particular character) with a massive figure that I received not that long ago to turn into something completely different, but it was my intent from the start (not going to give anything away until I can see if it actually works).

Let me guess you bought a KO Hulk to build  a Juggernaut?

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice choices, Alex. By the way, the original head is from one of those youthful Chinese Buddhist monks figures! Funny they should have used it for this, although it was just as filler in the helmet.

That's funny because I saw Anakin in that head, similar to Crispy Anakin I made using a hairless unpainted Anakin sculpt from Ada Wong.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Never really understood why some companies go the diecast route, specially in 1/6, it's always heavy, painted over (which sometimes looks awful) and most of the time the figures can't hold onto items. Anyway, with that out of the way I see what you mean when you said the armor looked similar, that's definitely interesting, this guy is gonna be looking awesome in no time.

Cheers for the confidence! I agree about diecast, it also can turn to dust!

Using the smaller of the ko heads, hard to tell in the pics but it is smaller, enough not to cause proportion issues. Been working on the leg armour too and waist armour. Shin armour needed careful widening with a hammer over a screwdriver handle.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. URNXs6O

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 8buPufV

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. CwQ9cfc

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 6ADpisH

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. EKI8MhP

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 5MpeLCW

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Ovcd7f4

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. XkEEJMq

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. WAu2uCP

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 0L2j9Jf

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. BhqyO64

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. UJEEITe

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. VnvhMH5

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. P2tLVcM

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. U0YI3qE

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. RORMOU9

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. NIUfXfZ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. QQpszds

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. K1Rm8Oo

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Ynwzrkl

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Yq6NgHJ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Mx0RB55

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 4mh3NIn

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. QqGg9zR

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice progress. He's taking shape.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing work!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice progress. He's taking shape.

Getting there! Cheers!

BAMComix wrote:Amazing work!

Thanks but hardly amazing, if I'd hand sculpted and cast the armour myself I might take the compliment! Wink More bashing (literally in this case) and bodging going on than anything else but I really appreciate your kind words! cheers

Some tailoring, modding and painting..

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. TCopPD8

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. T3JhCJJ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Bdw0GA3

weird articulation limiter to basically zero!

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Rqzvo0m

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 9H4o4Eg

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. QgNW1ii

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. TZvNQti

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. UwG6KfD

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. H08UYWd

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. RfYmORe

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. DEdBiei

MAYBE?

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. T94xaa6

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. R8YB2Cy

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. HJF21jU

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. G2JxUR1

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. CDYq6bu

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Liberate that articulation! I was just complaining about this in my HT Luke review. Anyway, you've got the right idea for sure. And I see how all this beautiful spray painting takes place, in that angle thingie. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Liberate that articulation! I was just complaining about this in my HT Luke review. Anyway, you've got the right idea for sure. And I see how all this beautiful spray painting takes place, in that angle thingie. Smile

LOL, it's actually two spraybooths connected together but tipped onto one's side as I needed the height for a gun project and most of my recent figures have been very tall so works for that too! Wink  Not sure what you're referring to articulation wise? I'm guessing HT are using their single point joints unnecessarily on their SW figures again. Edit: you mean the feet of course..DOH!

I've been sanding the surface layer of black off the armour to reveal the lovely patterns in a nice contrast of silver on black, shown below with comparisons to just black.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. X65T34H

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. DnwsQuy

MIGHT NEED TO RE-APPLY SOME BLACK ON LARGER PARTS LIKE THIS ONE

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. G30I1Bq

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. GDhi5oW

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. RSm1TlQ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Nt6HTjR

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Z8n4d8B

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. VcJ3gvd

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. IRh52zc

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. MCZvuNj

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. BjxiJj7

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 6738p9L

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. NZuEkuE

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. SuusSIQ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. UPqv5pe

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 8DV1z70

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. FXlBRFT

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. PLZwFv0

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Kx7b3Fq

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful job bringing out the hidden metal details, real improvement.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I feel like he can beat Malenia with one hand, I'd wish to ask him to help me for that rot girl Laughing

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Liberate that articulation! I was just complaining about this in my HT Luke review. Anyway, you've got the right idea for sure. And I see how all this beautiful spray painting takes place, in that angle thingie. Smile

LOL, it's actually two spraybooths connected together but tipped onto one's side as I needed the height for a gun project and most of my recent figures have been very tall so works for that too! Wink  Not sure what you're referring to articulation wise? I'm guessing HT are using their single point joints unnecessarily on their SW figures again. Edit: you mean the feet of course..DOH!

I've been sanding the surface layer of black off the armour to reveal the lovely patterns in a nice contrast of silver on black, shown below with comparisons to just black.
No, the ankles are fine, I'm most frustrated with the shoulders. Check it out.

I love what you've done with the paint and the highlights on the armor. I don't know how much of it you will leave for the final look, but the overall aspect is very cool and classy.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This is really looking cool, Alex. I like the choice of head for this guy. The paint really brings out many details that were hard to see before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ovy wrote:Beautiful job bringing out the hidden metal details, real improvement.

Kind of a shame the company don't do something similar to show off their own detail work, similar to Hasbro and Transformers, usually tons of detail but none of it picked out in paint.

lawlaw91 wrote:I feel like he can beat Malenia with one hand, I'd wish to ask him to help me for that rot girl Laughing

Ok, you have completely lost me there, must be game related? I know nothing about games except I'm useless. Ok, I googled it, that is one LONG sword!!

GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

No, the ankles are fine, I'm most frustrated with the shoulders. Check it out.

I love what you've done with the paint and the highlights on the armor. I don't know how much of it you will leave for the final look, but the overall aspect is very cool and classy.

Cheers! I was actually talking about the ankles on this guy that I think you were initially referring to.

Stryker2012 wrote:This is really looking cool, Alex. I like the choice of head for this guy. The paint really brings out many details that were hard to see before.

Yeah it's great detail work, wasted the way they ship the figure though.

He's sort of in a 'mock build' state right now, one of the bloody pauldrons is missing thanks to damn Pepper! I'll find it at some point. Gone through loads of 1/6 gloves to try and find 1) a pair 2) black 3) can pass for fantasy/medieval 4) are large enough 5) can hold melee weapons without obvious trigger fingers. Ended up with only one pair that ticked all the boxes, the problem is I'd already painted them beige for some other long forgotten custom build years ago, probably SW or historical. So out with the acetone free nail polish remover...just started, need to get the toothbrush and scribing tools out as well.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 8ZkYg6k

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Fu9uv0B

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. HnbwUQg

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. ROXKuSh

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. BIA4wBd

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. MzunhjR

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. HQUjKBK

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Cg1pUdt

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 3Oh7PQc

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 5YGbVXf

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. AA828oT

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. RzDzoq4

I'll add armour to them later.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL Pepper. And some people complain their pets are not interested in their hobbies! Lucky you! Smile
Looks beautiful. If you left it at this, it would be almost as good as complete. Not sure how exactly it should be, but from a purely design point of view, the upper leg armor seems surprisingly clean cut compared to the ornate knee and lower leg armor. Then again, it will probably be partly covered up.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL Pepper. And some people complain their pets are not interested in their hobbies! Lucky you! Smile
Looks beautiful. If you left it at this, it would be almost as good as complete. Not sure how exactly it should be, but from a purely design point of view, the upper leg armor seems surprisingly clean cut compared to the ornate knee and lower leg armor. Then again, it will probably be partly covered up.

Found the pauldron so that saves me skinning a cat! Face needs painting, weapons need making, there will be bits that partially cover the thigh armour (bare in mind the set didn't come with any) and they match the simpler parts of the existing armour. Useful historical fact: Knights, Noblemen etc.. did not waste money on decorating parts you parts wouldn't see, like the hipside of a knife's hilt or a sword's scabbard etc... and decorated armour could basically only be afforded by kings and very high status knights, Bishops etc.. The armour would cost more than the average castle, even a decent sword could cost as much as a house.
Tod goes over it in many of his videos, can't remember which ones but they all might interest you.
https://www.youtube.com/@tods_workshop/videos

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I've gone for a sort of Clive Barker tortured soul type of look for him as touching Sauron's mace after the battle turned him from a kind stretcher bearer who couldn't understand the thirst for war into  a bloodthirsty sadist who decided if man liked war so much he would bring it to them forever. So his face looks almost shredded then stuck back together badly with never healing wounds almost like even the idea of medical care for the wounded is now a non-existent abstract to his new reality. I've ben thinking of cutting off the visor but leaving the nose guard of the metal helmet to make him a bit closer to the game character's design now that I have a hs and paint job that I think could pull off a visorless look and not just be another wraith (as much as I love them, got 18 at least over all lol) and also not be so human looking but more twisted like The Mouth Of Sauron. Painted some black and silver on the helmet and armour too.

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 0VLLPHB

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. CKUxQHZ

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. OBn4c8v

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. AFdyXtv

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. GdIlinY

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. 4Rf6Edy

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. AmvtszU

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. TGWdIUd

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. Iv8xQGE

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. PGTqog2

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. LQnf3W5

Final Finished Pics & At Home In My Mordor..:Turning Istvan figure into the LOTR Hammer Of Sauron. MK2486W

I HAVEN'T DONE ANY CLEAR COATS ON ANYTHING YET, STILL WORKING OUT WHAT SHOULD BE MATTE AND WHAT SHOULD BE GLOSS.

I'll probably soften those black parts under and around his eyes with some violet to make it more bruised looking and less like Darth Maul which was not a conscious decision..

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Glad to hear you don’t have to skin Pepper. The idea of the shredded face is pretty interesting, and the progress looks good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, better a skinned servant of Sauron than a skinned cat. Smile

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Fantastic armour transformation, and looking forward to seeing how you go with the face. Fingers crossed for no more Pepper mischief, although cat-sense may be at work to defeat the emerging evil....?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum