OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

elvira mistress of the dark

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1elvira mistress of the dark Empty elvira mistress of the dark Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:37 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hello, my dears.
Sorry, I must have lost my inspiration. Nothing new from me. But in all your pictures I saw a stauette of Elvira in the man cave of Striker. I once did this character in a 1:6 scale figure because I wanted to see if I could get the poses right. I never showed it and forgot it in my archives, because I didn't really get her right. Whatever, I'll show her.  Very Happy

the inspiration

elvira mistress of the dark Elvira10

my one..

elvira mistress of the dark 08811

elvira mistress of the dark 08511

elvira mistress of the dark 08611

elvira mistress of the dark 08411

elvira mistress of the dark 08710

2elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:35 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Oh, Elvira, the girl with the enormous... ratings!
Your version looks awesome.

3elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane!!! 
You have not been the only one... I've been in a bit of a rut too (albeit working on multiple projects). But I blame your absence for it! Smile Anyway, delighted you are here again, and hope you won't be a stranger.
As for your Elvira, I think she has something that the original did not have, at least visually (can't say I remember the movie very well) -- a sense of humor and an interesting character beyond her "mere" visual appearance. Love the photos, hope there are more of her and your other awesome characters and settings.

4elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:52 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome back, Ephi. I love that you did Elvira. I have a soft spot for Cassandra Peterson — worked in conjunction with her a couple times — lovely, down to earth lady. Happy to see you back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

elvira mistress of the dark 1f10

5elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:56 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Happy to see you around, Ephiane! I love you And thanks for this fun figure and photoshoot, you did a great job bringing her to life. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Happy to see you around, Ephiane! I love you  And thanks for this fun figure and photoshoot, you did a great job bringing her to life. :')
Hi Sky. Sent you an email message about something else. Just checking you saw it.

7elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:50 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Happy to see you around, Ephiane! I love you  And thanks for this fun figure and photoshoot, you did a great job bringing her to life. :')
Hi Sky. Sent you an email message about something else. Just checking you saw it.

Thank you, got it. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:15 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Visisonor wrote:Oh, Elvira, the girl with the enormous... ratings!
Your version looks awesome.

Thanks Vision. Yes, your saying could come from Elvira herself. A somewhat eccentric person. let's call her delicate. The charakter for sure, not the actress. elvira mistress of the dark 1f604

GubernatorFan wrote:Ephiane!!! 
You have not been the only one... I've been in a bit of a rut too (albeit working on multiple projects). But I blame your absence for it! Smile Anyway, delighted you are here again, and hope you won't be a stranger.
As for your Elvira, I think she has something that the original did not have, at least visually (can't say I remember the movie very well) -- a sense of humor and an interesting character beyond her "mere" visual appearance. Love the photos, hope there are more of her and your other awesome characters and settings.

Thank you very much, Gube. Shame on me for leaving for a while and taking your inspiration with me. Just kick my ass to make me do something new. Maybe it's bad for inspiration to start too many projects at once. It's just like yours. There are a lot of projects that you start with that you're not happy with and in the end you don't get anything done.

Stryker2012 wrote:Welcome back, Ephi. I love that you did Elvira. I have a soft spot for Cassandra Peterson — worked in conjunction with her a couple times — lovely, down to earth lady. Happy to see you back.

Thank You, Stryker. Oh my God, you know her personally? What a happy coincidence that I learned more about the artist who embodies this character through you. This is a chic statuette of Elvira in your man cave. I love so many of these wonderful stauettes, but I can't put them all in my house.  

Thanks, Sky.
That's exactly what I try to do and what makes the hobby interesting for me. Present characters as if they were alive.

9elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I don't know how you do it, but I think your character posings are the among the most realistic in the hobby. The legs look so real here.

Awesome to see you here again and I hope you will show many more pics and ideas in the future Smile

10elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:01 am

Diana

Diana
Oh yay! Good to see you around! Very Happy
And while it would be hard to find a sculpt that is true to the original I would certainly say that you captured her essence very well! 

They really need to make some flat hands! I needed them for an idea the other day...

11elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:35 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ephiane wrote:Yes, your saying could come from Elvira herself.
And it did, it's a quote from the 1988 movie

Nice to see you here again!

12elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:

Thank you very much, Gube. Shame on me for leaving for a while and taking your inspiration with me. Just kick my ass to make me do something new. Maybe it's bad for inspiration to start too many projects at once. It's just like yours. There are a lot of projects that you start with that you're not happy with and in the end you don't get anything done.
Consider your derrière kicked in the nicest, politest, and most undemanding way possible. Smile But, yes, multiple projects at the same time slows them all down, especially if one doesn't have too much time or inspiration to begin with. By the way, speaking of kicking, Valiarde is right, your Elvira's legs look extremely realistic in the photos.

13elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:53 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very cool work, Ephiane! So nice that you are back!

14elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:26 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Very good effort.
Some additional black eye liner on the lower part of the eye-lid would really help.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

15elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:38 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks All, that is a TBL S42 i think. I was hard to modifie the shoes. The S42 Feet are longer. So i used Glue and little metal pieces for to get them fit.
Does anyone here know a manufacturer of shoes that fit an S 42?

Valiarde wrote:I don't know how you do it, but I think your character posings are the among the most realistic in the hobby. The legs look so real here.

Awesome to see you here again and I hope you will show many more pics and ideas in the future Smile

Thank You so much, Val. Your photographs inspire me to create something again. For your compliment I tried it again, but still no real match to the original pose.

elvira mistress of the dark 01515

Diana wrote:Oh yay! Good to see you around! Very Happy
And while it would be hard to find a sculpt that is true to the original I would certainly say that you captured her essence very well! 

They really need to make some flat hands! I needed them for an idea the other day...

Thank you so much, Di. Good for me for having tons of heads in my drawers. This is a Wonder Girl head that I gave a new hairstyle. Close, but the jawline is more massive than Cassandra Peterson's. Can´t wait to see what figure you do with the flat hand idea.

Oh Edit ! This will be in stock soon, could be nice for Your Project ?

elvira mistress of the dark 25031_10
elvira mistress of the dark 25028_10

Visisonor wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Yes, your saying could come from Elvira herself.
And it did, it's a quote from the 1988 movie

Nice to see you here again!

Thanks Vision. We need a facepalm emote here. Just for myself.  Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ephiane wrote:

Consider your derrière kicked in the nicest, politest, and most undemanding way possible. Smile But, yes, multiple projects at the same time slows them all down, especially if one doesn't have too much time or inspiration to begin with. By the way, speaking of kicking, Valiarde is right, your Elvira's legs look extremely realistic in the photos.

Outch, ah finally we speak the same language. Jokes aside, I'm actually starting to craft more again. Thanks for encouraging me.

Randam Hajile wrote:Very cool work, Ephiane! So nice that you are back!

Thanks Randam. I love Your work too.

ukshaun wrote:Very good effort.
Some additional black eye liner on the lower part of the eye-lid would really help.

Thanks Ukshaun.
Praising this from you means a lot to me. I have no experience with depicting characters in as much detail as you. I have very fine colored pencils with a thickness of 0.5 mm. I could try Elvira's make-up with this. But I plan to use this head for other figures and that would be permanent.

16elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know whether or not it met your expectations, but the pose is most effective, Ephiane.

17elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Most impressive!

18elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think it was good to give it another shot, I think the new pic might be my favourite from this series. The head looks not so glossy like on the similar couch pic from the first round. Smile Great shot

19elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:50 am

Diana

Diana
Oooh! Nice one! Definitely my favourite of the bunch. Smile

Those hands sadly won't do, but good idea!! I really want that wrist movement though. Think Trinity pushing her open hand flat against the glass of the phone booth. ^^

20elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:12 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Love the new shot, Ephi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

elvira mistress of the dark 1f10

21elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:47 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking Elvira!

22elvira mistress of the dark Empty Re: elvira mistress of the dark Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:57 am

davidd

davidd
Nice work on the hair and costume!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum