OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ovy

Ovy
"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of His inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that He may never truly die. “

Pater Saquall Nendhi was born in the lowest levels of Hivesprawl Tesogor Minor, a continent spanning Megacity inhabited by billions of people, located on Planet [Error: Lambda #553C] in the Askellon Sector of the Imperium of Man.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq01b

Since childhood, Saquall was scraping fungi from the walls of narrow tunnels, all in service of an Underhive drug cartel. Many levels beneath the surface, he’d never see the sun.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq02

When his neighborhood was ‘freed’ of the Cartel by the fanatic Ardens Furor Militia, he was offered the option to join them or be purged by holy fire.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq06

Saquall then spent his teenage years fighting in the vast tunnel networks against mercenaries, Gangers and Cartel Soldiers, who were financed by the Magistrate of Covorro, the ruling class in the High Spires.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq07

The more the Underhivers were pressed by their enemy, the more defiant, united and zealous they became. Preachers like Saquall’s Stepfather spread the light of the Emperor in the dark industrial Hellscape which is the Underhive, faith the only thing giving the people hope.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq08

The Underhivers knew their territory better than any intruder, and waged a devastating Guerilla war against their enemy.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq09c

The Ardens Furor Militia later merged with other religious gangs and militias, like the Angels of Hate and the Patrons of Holy Annihilation, to become VS-33, named after the Via Solaria on Level Minus 33.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq10c

The Uprising became known as the “Candle Revolution”, after Millions of Candles illuminated the darkness, to prove the faith and resolve of the zealous Underhivers. [02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq10-edited

The surrounding Hive-Clusters and the Adeptus Ministorum, the Imperiums Holy Church, secretly supported these terror militias with military grade weapons and supplies, to hurt the unwanted Magistrate.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq11

Finally, the mercenaries, secretly operating house troops and agents were massacred or driven out, morale destroyed by a relentless stream of raids and ambushes, ruthless use of flame weaponry and suicide attacks. Again, most of the remaining gang members were given the choice to join VS-33 or be purged by holy flame.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq12

A peace treaty, which was more of a ceasefire, was signed. The Underhivers became an independent zone, ruled by a spiritual leader council.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq13b

Saquall, like many of the youth who fought and survived the revolution, gained a lot of influence and renown and became a Preacher. The Church made sure to secure it’s influence on VS-33 and the Underhive.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq14

Before the age of twenty, Pater Saquall had a family with two children, his wife a former comrade-in-arms from the tunnel fighting days.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq16

The living conditions would never be good in the narrow, overcrowed and dirty world of the Underhive, but they became better. A new zealous optimism united the people, VS-33 became the identity of the entire lower levels and it’s millions of inhabitants.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq03

But soon this would end. The Magistrate acted in secret at first. Sabotaging infrastructure and power plants, spreading fear, poisoning the water, all to cripple the growing threat that was VS-33.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq05

Again, these setbacks only strengthened their resolve. A cornered animal fighting for it’s life and dignity. One could say that every single inhabitant, regardless of age, gender or position was a holy warrior of VS-33 now.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq15

The Magistrate used mercenaries from Off-world, mixed with their House Troops. The Planetary Defense Force, the planet’s standing defense army, would not yet intervene.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq20-edited

Again the urban battlefield in the depths of the Megacity turned into hell for the invaders. The neighboring clusters watching patiently and used VS-33 to their advantage.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq04

The Second War was even more brutal than the first, spreading much farther up the Hive. The propaganda of VS-33 Preachers and Agitators even reaching the upper classes, nobility and military leaders.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq18-edited

The Magistrate became more and more isolated.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq19

Finally, the Commander in Chief of the Planetary Defese Force, declared the Magistrate a Planetary threat. Now the hottest phase of the civil war began.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II Sq21-edited

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very impressive, visually and tonally consistent, like so many of your beautiful creations. It is serious and dark, and masterfully woven from so many and disparate threads -- this goes for both the figure and the character's back story. All told, excellent. It kept me interested and impressed, even if I have a deep-seethed mistrust of revolutionaries and their cult in popular culture.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
WOW!!! So dramatic, so epic! Also just an incredibly aesthetically beautiful creation all around. Stunningly lit and photographed. I like the simple way you told the story via lone sentences interspersed between. The head you used was very fitting choice, too. [02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 1f44c

Hope to see more and continue the story...!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Interesting backstory, and he looks authentic to W40k setting.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! just fantastic Ovy! every single detail is perfect. One of your best I would say. thanks for sharing him with us.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That is so cool. Love the history behind the very cool looking figure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 1f10

Allotropos

Allotropos
This universe needs an expansion Ovy !!
Can we look forward to more characters along side Pater ?

Ephiane

Ephiane

A very well thought out character, excellently presented. I've been thinking about this dark universe ever since you showed me a picture of a Necron soldier in one of my old posts. I once tried to make these armor parts from Wrobla, unfortunately without success. My “bolter” also failed. But you give me inspiration to try again. This dark world deserves to be shown. More like this, I love it!

davidd

davidd
Fascinating and complicated story. Do you keep a database (or notebook) in which you note the timelines, the group affiliations, and the histories of your worlds, and the characters within them?

The figure crafting is phenomenally intricate... and bad-*ss!

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
He looks so badass!I probably will buying this game if it is landing with different weapons that only for early birds gamer.....

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Diana

Diana
Woooow. The story is gripping. I totally saw you as a game master again. I bet your campaigns are/would be awesome! Very Happy 

But of course your visual presentation of the character was also once again beautiful and cinematic. And THEN you top it of with these details on the costume, those chains and charms and all... Great character all around!

Looking forward to the next instalment. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
May I ask where you got these super authentic body armor and weapons? I've been looking for a way to make something like this myself in good quality for a long time.

The little holy water container is cool. Blasphemers hate holy water. Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks guys!

Some Information about the figure. This is, as most figured, a character living in the undsireable future of the "Warhammer 40k" world. The settings origins are a tabletop miniature wargame from 1987, which has been steadily evolved since. And while this universe has massive amounts of lore, history, species, characters, stories and uncountable books etc, it's different from those other popular franchises that grew from cinema or books, there is no single source of origin like "Star Warhammer: A New Hope" or a "Lord of the Warhammers Triology" it revolves around. There are tons of authors, the scale is enourmous and a playground for your own stories, armies and characters. As the Imperium of man has "Millions of worlds" and even a star system being wiped out is a common occurrence, you can create your own. The conflict I depict in this story is absolutely meaningless in the larger picture. I haven’t even named the planet yet, Saquall just doesn’t know it’s name as it was never relevant.

In 2021 I reconnected with old friends through the Coop/Horrorshooter ‘Darktide’ and was invited to their year long established Dark Heresy group.

Dark Heresy is a PnP variation of the settings. Like Dungeons and Dragons but in the grim dark future of 40k.
You play as a disposable agent of the Holy Inquisition. They can be heroes and villians alike, depending on your point of view and the circumstances. Saquall is one of the characters I portray there. Unlike in a video game, the characters and adventures take place in our heads.

Btw here is a cinematic from Darktide which captures the artstyle of the world really well, with it's giant cities and cathedral-like starships. Unlike Han Solo and Vader, when a ship jumps through the warp, they don't travel through blue soothing hyperspace, but a literal hell dimension, only protected by a psionic field, with demons clawing at the hull trying to devor the crew and trap the Ship forever. It's very over the top. And very British.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very impressive, visually and tonally consistent, like so many of your beautiful creations. It is serious and dark, and masterfully woven from so many and disparate threads -- this goes for both the figure and the character's back story. All told, excellent. It kept me interested and impressed, even if I have a deep-seethed mistrust of revolutionaries and their cult in popular culture.
Thanks a lot. Well, maybe your distrust isn't misplaced in this setting. The Holy Inquisition distrusts everyone. They connect revolutions to heretic uprisings. There are several Ordos of the Holy Inquisition with different goals, so they are often working against themselves even.

skywalkersaga wrote:WOW!!! So dramatic, so epic! Also just an incredibly aesthetically beautiful creation all around. Stunningly lit and photographed. I like the simple way you told the story via lone sentences interspersed between. The head you used was very fitting choice, too.  [02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 1f44c
Hope to see more and continue the story...!
Thanks a lot! The setting is a very aesthetic inspiration. Yes I like that kind of presentation. Maybe more people read the text then, as they might be more interested in the pictures and get the story in smaller bits along the way. Does everybody recognize the actor/character the headsculpt depicts?

Visisonor wrote:Interesting backstory, and he looks authentic to W40k setting.
Thanks a lot, I tried to catch the vibe with authentic tropes and iconography,

BAMComix wrote:Wow! just fantastic Ovy! every single detail is perfect. One of your best I would say. thanks for sharing him with us.
Thanks for the praise! I agree that the details make me like him a lot.

Stryker2012 wrote:That is so cool. Love the history behind the very cool looking figure.
Thanks sir, love that you love it.

Allotropos wrote:This universe needs an expansion Ovy !!
Can we look forward to more characters along side Pater ?
Thanks. As I said, it's the Universe of Warhammer 40k. I don’t know if I will build characters of the other players. But I threw together some Militia soldiers for scenes. About 10 pics only but here is a preview for the next post.

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 06-edited

lawlaw91 wrote:He looks so badass!I probably will buying this game if it is landing with different weapons that only for early birds gamer.....
Thanks a lot! I actually combined the armored soldier aesthetic of the Sharpshooter with the rugged clerical aesthetic of the Preacher.

Diana wrote:Woooow. The story is gripping. I totally saw you as a game master again. I bet your campaigns are/would be awesome! Very Happy 

But of course your visual presentation of the character was also once again beautiful and cinematic. And THEN you top it of with these details on the costume, those chains and charms and all... Great character all around!

Looking forward to the next instalment. Smile
Thanks so much! It will get a bit more cinematic in the next post. With backdrops and more characters.

For the PnP, until now I am only participant and creator/supplementor of some characters behind the scenes, but maybe some day.

Ephiane wrote:
A very well thought out character, excellently presented. I've been thinking about this dark universe ever since you showed me a picture of a Necron soldier in one of my old posts. I once tried to make these armor parts from Wrobla, unfortunately without success. My “bolter” also failed. But you give me inspiration to try again. This dark world deserves to be shown. More like this, I love it!
Glad it might inspire you for amother try! I faintly remember having posted that Necron, although I don’t remember exactly were.

Ephiane wrote:May I ask where you got these super authentic body armor and weapons? I've been looking for a way to make something like this myself in good quality for a long time.

The little holy water container is cool. Blasphemers hate holy water. Very Happy

These are 3d prints. The flak armor is a random model someone posted on thingiverse. The little icons I also connected all over the net. The weapons are modified 3d reproductions from the shooter Darktide I bought an printed (paid 2€ each)

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II IMG-20221231-001944

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II IMG-20221231-125656

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II IMG-20230110-152141

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II IMG-20230110-183001

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And they look excellent as a group! I hope we see more of them down the line. And I hope we see (and hear from) you more on the forum. You and your humorous, inventive, and informative observations have been much missed.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy, thanks for explaining more about Warhammer background. I fully admit that it's not really my 'thing', but I admire your interpretation of this world and the aesthetics you've developed. Not to mention your beautiful presentation of it all. Smile

Re: the headsculpt.... he's Robert de Niro from The Godfather pt II , right?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Simply superb work! You could market these parts you know!

Valiarde

Valiarde
3D armor is such a great use of a printer. Cant get wnough of that stuff.

The atention to detail and posing of your figures always blows my mind Smile

Ovy

Ovy
They fought in the name of the Emperor and St. Promethia, the Burning Saint, who brought the fire to light the darkness and burn the heretic. Since the 106th Planetary Defense Forces joined the Militia to fight for the true Imperial cause, one could spot more and more of the rag-tag militia wearing the grey blue standard munitoum issue flak armor, which is known around the galaxy from thousands of humanities' conflicts.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 01-edited

[some background noise]

Preachers like Saquall blessed the weapons of the many martyrs-to-be, who would lay down their lives for the good fight.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 02-edited-B

The damp, claustrophobic darkness of the underhive smells of decay, death and rust, so holy incense to purge the air was a valuable resource.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 03-editedb

The thousands of seemingly forgotten tunnels were a key in defeating the enemy in the first half of the war. It was here were Pater Saquall Nendhi had to learn to fight and survive in his youth.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 04-edited

Forgotten Industrial wastelands were rediscoverd, they became a place of ambushes, hideouts and merciless urban warfare. (And I think that's my favourite pic)
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 05-edited

Only the Imperial Creed gave them hope and purpose, it could be over any second. Saquall tried to mend, heal, save the many wounded martyrs, but was often confronted with the limits of his powers. Not only were the conditions down here below the standard, but also the equipment and training. Being the son of a Apothecaria made him more qualified than many others, though, and tending to the horrors of the rag-tag field hospitals and meeting 106th PDF medics gave him a lot of field experience. Those who could not be saved, he prayed for and sent them on their last journey. If there was time.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 06-edited

The insurgents fought with burning ferocity and hatred. Every death only fueling their hate and resolve.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 07-edited

Level by level, the troops ascended through the hive. The Elites joined their cause, and backed by Agents of the Church and the surrounding Clusters, it was possible to surprise the highest spiretower after capturing the large service elevator 678, and with the first light of day, thousands of fanatical warriors were pumped up into the very homes of their oppressors. It was the first time for most to ever see a sun.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 08-editedb

The fanatic mob was not to stop. Chasing the ruling family from their golden balconies, with hatred and flamethrower, sending them burning and screaming into the darkness of the Underhive.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 09-editedb-edited

The fight was won, after many years, with millions of martyrs dead. The new government was installed by the Adeptus Ministorum, the Emperor's Holy Church, restructuring this Cluster. Most of the VS-33 militia fighters were pressed into a new Imperial Guard regiment, using their experience and fanatism to counter anti-Imperial uprisings on other worlds. The thousands of heads behind the revolution, people like Saquall and his Brother in Arms Ryphus, were promised positions as spiritual leaders and officers in the new regiments.
Unknown to their families, they were declared too high a risk in fear of future seditions. The unity was too strong, the dynamic was too unpredictable and dangerous to let them continue. The Adeptus Arbites, the Imperiums most brutal and effective Police Force, stormed the barracks in which the Preachers and Intellectuals dwelled. Many were killed on the spot. Saquall and Ryphus were sent off to the Jungle World of Vanth - to inhabit the RAFT, the only human outpost in a world hostile to human life. A max security prison were the scum of the Imperium was sent to suffer. Rehabilition is a long forgotten concept.
Saquall's wife and two children still think he is fighting the enemies of the Imperium, far away in the stars.
[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 10-editedb

These pics were taken in front of a monitor, so played with what I had to create a claustrophobic atmosphere.

GubernatorFan wrote:And they look excellent as a group! I hope we see more of them down the line. And I hope we see (and hear from) you more on the forum. You and your humorous, inventive, and informative observations have been much missed.
Thanks Guby, especially for the very nice words. You know how it is sometimes. I didn't feel like responding the last few months, but I also didn't want to be someone who only posts in his own threads.

skywalkersaga wrote:Ovy, thanks for explaining more about Warhammer background. I fully admit that it's not really my 'thing', but I admire your interpretation of this world and the aesthetics you've developed. Not to mention your beautiful presentation of it all. Smile

Re: the headsculpt.... he's Robert de Niro from The Godfather pt II , right?

Thanks, yes it's a really weird universe. I like these small scale, normal people stories set in this horrible world much more than all these superhuman stuff it is mostly known for.

Any yes, that is young Vito Corleone. I was just trying multiple heads and this one was spot on and formed the character a lot.

BAMComix wrote:Simply superb work! You could market these parts you know!
Thanks a lot! Yeah I won't market models I got freely from the net which were created by others, but maybe I answer to PMs haha. But at the moment I am not good at meeting demands for prints.

Valiarde wrote:3D armor is such a great use of a printer. Cant get enough of that stuff.

The atention to detail and posing of your figures always blows my mind Smile
Thanks a lot, I think all the little details were really essential for this figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Thanks Guby, especially for the very nice words. You know how it is sometimes. I didn't feel like responding the last few months, but I also didn't want to be someone who only posts in his own threads.
I know how it is -- I myself have been much distracted by issues in 1:1 reality and a little less active, even if I've put up some reviews, which don't tend to get a ton of responses as a genre. That said, the last one got quite a few after a somewhat slow start. There is even Deutsch in the thread!

But I hope all is going well with you and you are going to be both creative and interactive (always appreciated), both for your sake and ours. Smile

I love the group and photos. Again, the tone and visuals are eminently suitable, and there is a certain organic flow to your presentation of the backstory. I don't know which of the photos was meant to be your favorite, but I was particularly impressed by the two on each side of that comment. It was a pleasure to take all this in, gnarly bits included. And we seem to go for the same heads (whether I've posted those or not -- mustache guy is supposed to join my Gopniks if they ever make a reappearance).

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic images of a bloody battle in a dark atmosphere. You can really empathize with the protagonists. My secret favorite is the wounded brother in arms. An excellent choice of this head for the scenes. The screaming head is absolutely fitting and the grim-looking one fits a soldier just as well. He has to recover, you won't let him die?

... and Amen Brother Ovy. Wink I'm always sorry that I can't write to the artists here anymore when I'm too busy with 1:1 life. A few words of appreciation cost nothing and often encourage a fellow hobbyist to share more of his / her work.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, these are some of your best action scenes yet! And I can definitely see what you mean about the smaller human scale amidst this sprawling backdrop. You captured the feeling well in your photoshoot, you could feel the warrior's pain and desperation as they were overwhelmed. [02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 1f494

And the discussion of the 3D prints make me feel more urgently that I need to complete some of the beautiful prints you sent me ages ago... Embarassed

BAMComix

BAMComix
Mind blowing pics Ovy! you really bring these guys to life in a dark hostile worlds of Warhammer 40k! I feel they also have a real 'Aliens' vibe going on too, not that, that is bad thing. Really clever use of the screaming head! Lets hope they survive to fight on and battle another day!

davidd

davidd
Your ability to use a few figures… three or four I think?.. to suggest dozens or more engaged in intense battle is quite effective.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! Those battle shots are awesome. As others have said, using just a few figures to convey a huge battle is really well done. Great work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

[02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 1f10

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really awesome, it's so cool to see so many warhammer customs by you, definitely one of my favorite universes.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [02/14/24] Pater Saquall Nendhi - Part II 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum