OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 40]

726Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:59 am

Faster Than Life

skywalkersaga wrote:
Faster Than Life wrote:My latest purchase (that's arrived so far, anyway) would be this HotToys Flash.
The detail on HotToys really brings out my inner geek and started me off on the collecting with Deadpool back in 2018...though I started out with a kitbashed Wade Wilson. (Same/same, but not really.) They've been chilling in boxes waiting on permanent arrangements but after FOUR YEARS I decided enough was enough, time to stop waiting for life to settle down and just pull 'em out.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Img_0910
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Img_0911

The pixelation's pretty garbage but unfortunately the best I've got is an iPad camera.

The pics turned out great! I love the long vertical format with the zigzag going behind him. Well done! Smile

Awww thanks! After all that effort (who am I kidding, I had a blast) it's nice to have the staging appreciated.

727Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Faster Than Life wrote:Awww thanks! After all that effort (who am I kidding, I had a blast) it's nice to have the staging appreciated.

Well, it worked out beautifully.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

728Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:37 am

BAMComix

Great use of the poster!

729Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:37 am

Valiarde

Thos epictures of the Flash are great indeed. Love pics like these. Good job.

And collectorofmany you are not the only one who has put costumes on figures the wrong way Razz but lets call it fashion.

730Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:13 pm

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
So, this is now the last new female head for a while. The whole collection is now 9 female heads, which should be enough for now. And I have only 6 female bodies...

Here is Yang Mi.
Official ID: GACToys GC014C
Got the head from AliExpress

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 51821298992_db9dcb8b2b_c
Yang Mi IMG_20220115_183623454_HDR by Onesixthuals, on Flickr

And here with the newly purchased TBLeague S35A body:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 51821298487_a6d842e27e_c
Yang Mi IMG_20220115_183614468 by Onesixthuals, on Flickr

The body looks very good, but I have some problems with it:

1. The metal head mounting ball is much smaller than the ones of any of my previous female bodies. This means that the heads wobble around a lot and easily fall off. I would need to buy a new tightly fitting head insert. Why did TBLeague choose to do this? Makes this body incompatible to others. Same is the S34A body which I also got at the same time.
    My fix: I did stuff some tissue layer wrapped around that ball. Now at least the head sits relatively stable, but this is not a long-term solution. Eventually I must find another head insert or build myself some custom solution.

2. When trying to remove the hands, I accidentally removed with them the complete metal joint. This had never before happened with any of the other bodies. The little part is very thin and does not seem to sit as stable in its place as it is with the other bodies. This problem happened for BOTH hands of this body - even though I was already more careful with the 2nd hand. Which means I will not touch these hands but will always leave them there now...

Otherwise quite happy with my newest purchase.

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)
https://www.onesixthuals.com

731Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'd say poke around the Tutorials section and the TBLeague bodies catalog thread and its links. The basic solution is interposing material (electrical tape works well for relatively thin layers at a time) between the ball and the opening. Or yank out the inside head connector (if possible), and interpose something thicker, like a piece of foamie.

So on top of everything else, the S34-35 bodies are back to bad wrist pegs? I hate it when this happens. I'm so happy I did not get one.

732Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:03 pm

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
GubernatorFan wrote:I'd say poke around the Tutorials section and the TBLeague bodies catalog thread and its links. The basic solution is interposing material (electrical tape works well for relatively thin layers at a time) between the ball and the opening. Or yank out the inside head connector (if possible), and interpose something thicker, like a piece of foamie.

So on top of everything else, the S34-35 bodies are back to bad wrist pegs? I hate it when this happens. I'm so happy I did not get one.

Thanks for the tips re head joint. I will surely find something how I can fix this.

733Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Well, Westley is still delayed (UPS says they tried to deliver, weird that I never got a knock, huh?) but Clark's head is finally out of limbo.

The guys are a little concerned...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 IMG_1014

The body's one I've had kicking around for a while, miiiight need to replace it with something taller. It's got some dye on it anyway.

734Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny. Or maybe they're just jealous. Smile

735Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 am

Diana

Diana
Faster Than Life wrote:My latest purchase (that's arrived so far, anyway) would be this HotToys Flash.

He looks great! Especially presented like that. The fun you had taking these pictures is visible. Smile

collectorofmany wrote:OMG, it NEVER occurred to me that I installed the red body suit on backwards until you just mentioned it.
[...]
BTW, I really like the vibe of your white shaman and the figure next to it, especially those dark areas over the eye line! Very cool!

Haha! Glad I mentioned it then! Very Happy
And I also really like the look of the dark shaman. Her smirk and that dark eye make-up make her look very special and expressive. (The lighting in that picture isn't ideal for her. Her eyes are actually aligned.) And together they are quite the pair. Same tribe, same ceremonial gear, different personalities and approaches to their shamanic work. Smile

one/sixth-uals wrote:So, this is now the last new female head for a while. The whole collection is now 9 female heads, which should be enough for now. And I have only 6 female bodies...

Hah! I can beat that ratio! Laughing

As for the ball joint problem: I use blutack. Works like a charm, since you can always add or remove to find the perfect fit.

736Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:28 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 IMG_1061

Westley finally arrived after about a week of one kind of delay or another! Way sooner than I planned on getting him but he's amazing. Figure's by Quantum Mechanix.

737Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, awesome! He looks great. That's one I've always wanted but don't really have a place for in my current collection....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

738Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:35 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Great figure. Disappointed that QMX doesn't seem to be continuing the line. =(.

739Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:04 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
skywalkersaga wrote:Ahh, awesome! He looks great. That's one I've always wanted but don't really have a place for in my current collection....

He looks amazing and my little nerdy heart is full. That's the good part of just getting started in this hobby...I don't really have 'too many' figures yet.

We'll get there!

740Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:27 pm

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Diana wrote:

Hah! I can beat that ratio! Laughing

Oh, now I am getting envious! Very Happy

Diana wrote:

As for the ball joint problem: I use blutack. Works like a charm, since you can always add or remove to find the perfect fit.

Thank you for the tip! That will surely work.

741Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:44 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
csyeung wrote:Great figure. Disappointed that QMX doesn't seem to be continuing the line. =(.

This is why I'm getting into 1/6 headsculpting...I need Buttercup on my shelf next to Westley.

742Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:21 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Faster Than Life wrote:
csyeung wrote:Great figure. Disappointed that QMX doesn't seem to be continuing the line. =(.

This is why I'm getting into 1/6 headsculpting...I need Buttercup on my shelf next to Westley.

Ooh, that's a great project, looking forward to seeing how that turns out. : )

743Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:30 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
skywalkersaga wrote:

I'm gonna cast her head in resin so if you ever DO give in to temptation and buy Westley...lmk if you want a head for kitbashing Buttercup.

It's gonna be a heck of a project but my first headsculpt turned out pretty good. I'm optimistic. The dress, though, the dress worries me a bit haha. Might take a few tries to get that right, especially since I'll have to make my own pattern...Still, the making stuff is half the fun. (For me, anyway.)

744Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:43 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Faster Than Life wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote: This is why I'm getting into 1/6 headsculpting...I need Buttercup on my shelf next to Westley.

I'm gonna cast her head in resin so if you ever DO give in to temptation and buy Westley...lmk if you want a head for kitbashing Buttercup.

It's gonna be a heck of a project but my first headsculpt turned out pretty good. I'm optimistic. The dress, though, the dress worries me a bit haha. Might take a few tries to get that right, especially since I'll have to make my own pattern...Still, the making stuff is half the fun. (For me, anyway.)[/quote]

That's a very generous offer. If I ever cave and get that Westley, I'll definitely think about it.

The dress will be ambitious as well, but doable with the right fabric.

745Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:57 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
skywalkersaga wrote:

That's a very generous offer. If I ever cave and get that Westley, I'll definitely think about it.

The dress will be ambitious as well, but doable with the right fabric.

The complexity and level of detail as well as the fitted nature of the dress that I eventually want her in (the blue dress) is daunting but with some practice I'm sure I'll be able to get it right. I'll just have to make test dresses. In the meantime I'm gonna make the red-orange one, being less fitted and involving less material types is going to make it easier to sew.

If I could find a 1/6 tailor that made dresses well, I'd probably hire one, but every 1/6 tailor I've seen tends to make really nice suits and superhero gear, not so good on those archaic dresses.

746Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:32 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you make a few of those Buttercup heads, you should make a post in the Classifieds section. If the head is bald, I’d be interested. I have Westley from QMX, and thanks to Nanjin overseeing the factory work, he turned out great. So disappointed we never got that Inigo they showed at Cons for a couple years — and of course, no Buttercup. I mean, WTF?!

And if you’re struggling with the dress, check out AJClothiers (Amy Jones); she’s made medieval dresses before. If enough folks are interested in BC, reach out to her thru the website and see if she’d be willing to make the dress as a small group project (she’s done them before). She’s also much more affordable than many of the other custom 1/6 clothing makers out there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 C8485110

747Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:48 am

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Stryker2011 wrote:If the head is bald, I’d be interested.

She's definitely going to have room for a wig to sit, long flowing hair just doesn't look right when it's sculpted and I have no intention of trying to marry rubber and resin.

Stryker2011 wrote:And if you’re struggling with the dress, check out AJClothiers...

I actually stumbled across her site while looking for a 1/6 tailor. And I'm sure she has more experience replicating dresses than I.

748Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:58 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Faster Than Life wrote:Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 IMG_1061

Westley finally arrived after about a week of one kind of delay or another! Way sooner than I planned on getting him but he's amazing. Figure's by Quantum Mechanix.

Awesome! I’ve seen this one lately being peddled by Sideshow. I almost caved because I had a $25 off coupon and he’s free shipping. Sadly there are too many other things in the works before I could event consider picking it up. It would be cool to have because I absolutely love that classic flick! I watch it more times a year than I’d like to admit…

Oh, and that sucks that they’re not making any more figures in this line. Inconceivable!! I’ve seen three of the four TPB McFarlane figures at Target not too long ago and thought about picking them up.

749Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Faster Than Life wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:And if you’re struggling with the dress, check out AJClothiers...

I actually stumbled across her site while looking for a 1/6 tailor. And I'm sure she has more experience replicating dresses than I.

I just recently purchased some items from her, and she was very helpful. Would definitely do so again in future. Smile

750Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:07 am

blackpool

blackpool
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Django10

I was weak again... and Present toys did a very decent job at that price point, it's not helping lmao

751Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:57 am

Diana

Diana
Faster Than Life wrote:Westley finally arrived after about a week of one kind of delay or another! Way sooner than I planned on getting him but he's amazing. Figure's by Quantum Mechanix.
Oooooh!!! Childhood memories... Good catch! Smile

blackpool wrote:I was weak again... and Present toys did a very decent job at that price point, it's not helping lmao
Oooph, he looks fantastic! Sadly he doesn't fit my criteria, but maybe I should get him for my man. He loves everything Quentin. Smile
He also loves his Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee, even though my heart aches at seeing him displayed out in the open all dusty... I shall not judge. His figure.   silent

752Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:18 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your weakness has led to another gorgeous piece of sixth-scale photography, blackpool.

753Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:50 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great photo, blackpool! Love the frosty breath effects. Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 1f44c

Diana wrote:
He also loves his Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee, even though my heart aches at seeing him displayed out in the open all dusty... I shall not judge. His figure.   silent

LOL, this is how I feel about my husband keeping his his spaceships and figures out in the open in his gaming area..... just covered in dust. But.... yeah.... it's his stuff, so.... Razz

754Your Latest Purchase... - Page 30 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:15 am

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:

LOL, this is how I feel about my husband keeping his his spaceships and figures out in the open in his gaming area..... just covered in dust. But.... yeah.... it's his stuff, so.... Razz

Dust...and cats...are why I'm eagerly awaiting a media tower to stick my guys in. I want them where I can see them buuuuut they're also expensive and hard to clean!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum