OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 40]

751Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:57 am

Diana

Faster Than Life wrote:Westley finally arrived after about a week of one kind of delay or another! Way sooner than I planned on getting him but he's amazing. Figure's by Quantum Mechanix.
Oooooh!!! Childhood memories... Good catch! Smile

blackpool wrote:I was weak again... and Present toys did a very decent job at that price point, it's not helping lmao
Oooph, he looks fantastic! Sadly he doesn't fit my criteria, but maybe I should get him for my man. He loves everything Quentin. Smile
He also loves his Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee, even though my heart aches at seeing him displayed out in the open all dusty... I shall not judge. His figure.   silent

752Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Your weakness has led to another gorgeous piece of sixth-scale photography, blackpool.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

753Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:50 am

skywalkersaga

Great photo, blackpool! Love the frosty breath effects. Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 1f44c

Diana wrote:
He also loves his Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee, even though my heart aches at seeing him displayed out in the open all dusty... I shall not judge. His figure.   silent

LOL, this is how I feel about my husband keeping his his spaceships and figures out in the open in his gaming area..... just covered in dust. But.... yeah.... it's his stuff, so.... Razz

754Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Faster Than Life

skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:

LOL, this is how I feel about my husband keeping his his spaceships and figures out in the open in his gaming area..... just covered in dust. But.... yeah.... it's his stuff, so.... Razz

Dust...and cats...are why I'm eagerly awaiting a media tower to stick my guys in. I want them where I can see them buuuuut they're also expensive and hard to clean!

755Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:37 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
blackpool wrote:

I was weak again... and Present toys did a very decent job at that price point, it's not helping lmao

That's an amazing shot Blackpool, you did a great job on that!

756Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:43 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Blackpool
I love your shot. Very nice photography. Never made it through the whole Django movie, though. I have a love/hate relationship with Tarantino movies. Sad

757Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Faster Than Life wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:And if you’re struggling with the dress, check out AJClothiers...

I actually stumbled across her site while looking for a 1/6 tailor. And I'm sure she has more experience replicating dresses than I.

I just recently purchased some items from her, and she was very helpful. Would definitely do so again in future. Smile

Yeah. Amy’s awesome. She’s done several custom jobs for me (I really do need to get around to finishing up some projects that she helped with so I can show off her work).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 C8485110

758Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:23 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool shot, and I like the winter scene, Alex. Awesome looking figure.

759Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:56 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So my latest female head sculpt arrived yesterday…
(Excuse the overly large male shirt, as it was the only thing laying around that I could quickly cover her up with)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 1a4b4c10
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 97c60210
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 1f189010
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 64156f10

Sadly, this is the first female head sculpt that arrived and I was less than thrilled with after receiving/reviewing it. I had originally ordered it as a holdover until the Super Duck Toys Russian head sculpt goes to in-stock, and had intended to use it on S25’s petite, short frame. Unfortunately, the overall size of this head makes in impossible to look correct on such a small frame. Come on, pre-order!

In the end, this head sculpt (an unusually oversized female head, at that) looked best on S29’s larger/taller frame. Especially when you compare it to the other two female head sculpts on their bodies.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 D5877c10
Even on the larger S29 body with baggy clothes, that head still looks big!

760Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't see much to be disappointed about, Steven. Surely you will find a spot for every body and every head, eventually.

761Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't see much to be disappointed about, Steven. Surely you will find a spot for every body and every head, eventually.

I know, I was just really hoping for the latest head sculpt to be confined to S25, since Ruby Rose isn’t what I’d consider “buxom” but more on the petite side. I guess my disappointment stems from the MC Toys head sculpt being too large overall.  I’ll likely have many, many different female sculpts to choose from in time, so no worries.

762Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:39 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree the head is too big for the s25b (a lot of sculpts are), but I wonder if the fact it seems too big on the larger body is simply because of how it's positioned on the neck? Bear in mind also that the KT004 is actually a rather small-ish head, and I think some GacToys sculpts run a little smaller, too.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

763Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:43 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sideshow-Leatherface-small-1

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sideshow-Leatherface-small-2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sideshow-Leatherface-small-3
LOADING: Image(s)

Leatherface
Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

This arrived some weeks ago. All in all pretty neat.
I took a couple of shots today and add some Photoshop after FX to one of the images.

The plan is to display Leatherface with my slow growing 1/6th scale horror line-up.

Edit: I have since sorted out his left lower trouser leg.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

764Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:02 pm

davidd

davidd
Arrived today:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen1

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen3

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen4

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen5

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen6

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen7

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Sharkqueen8

Lots of little tiny pieces in a great big box. The box does not have a magnetic lid like the TBL releases, it's just a slip-on box top.

I'm still checking things out.

Off the cuff impression: the figure looks somewhat better in the promo photos than it does in-hand.

765Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While it certainly has a certain doll-like quality (and that isn't usually an issue for you, is it Dave?), I think the head looks quite nice and sharp. So do many of the accessories, although I suppose one might want to weather some of them a bit.

766Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:52 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Impressive amount of accessories with Shark Queen. Congrats!
Would look good wearing the mask and flippers with wet/gel hair.

767Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:18 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Shark Queen's kit looks pretty cool!

768Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:35 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:While it certainly has a certain doll-like quality (and that isn't usually an issue for you, is it Dave?), I think the head looks quite nice and sharp. So do many of the accessories, although I suppose one might want to weather some of them a bit.

ukshaun wrote:Impressive amount of accessories with Shark Queen. Congrats!

Faster Than Life wrote:Shark Queen's kit looks pretty cool!

The figure, the packaging, and the kit look good at first glance. As GBNF suggests, some weathering or at least de-glossing of the plastic accessories might improve the appearance. The issue, however, is not the detail, but the fragility. The manufacturing quality is simply not there. Most of the accessories feel fragile and brittle. Even simply dressing the figure is almost certain to result in a few broken parts.

I offer further impressions in the New Product topic if you're interested:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3914-new-product-coreplay-1-6-scale-three-sisters-of-deep-sea-water-ghosts-raider-lillian

I'm writing this one off as a disappointing "learning experience."

769Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, that's a bummer, davidd. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

770Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:While it certainly has a certain doll-like quality (and that isn't usually an issue for you, is it Dave?), I think the head looks quite nice and sharp. So do many of the accessories, although I suppose one might want to weather some of them a bit.

ukshaun wrote:Impressive amount of accessories with Shark Queen. Congrats!

Faster Than Life wrote:Shark Queen's kit looks pretty cool!

The figure, the packaging, and the kit look good at first glance. As GBNF suggests, some weathering or at least de-glossing of the plastic accessories might improve the appearance. The issue, however, is not the detail, but the fragility. The manufacturing quality is simply not there. Most of the accessories feel fragile and brittle. Even simply dressing the figure is almost certain to result in a few broken parts.

I offer further impressions in the New Product topic if you're interested:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3914-new-product-coreplay-1-6-scale-three-sisters-of-deep-sea-water-ghosts-raider-lillian

I'm writing this one off as a disappointing "learning experience."

I'm guessing they don't have a return policy on pre-orders...

771Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:33 pm

davidd

davidd
Faster Than Life wrote:

I'm guessing they don't have a return policy on pre-orders...

The figure was not a pre-order. However, I can not in good conscience attempt to return a figure that I broke while de-boxing.

772Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My JXK Lion came earlier in the week so I decided to take a pic of my entire "exotic" animal menagerie that I have thus far (I actually have two of the earlier Lions by JXK, since I had no idea if they'd ever do any others). I threw my custom Jane Parker (Tarzan's wife; outfit by Amy Jones -- aka AJClothiers -- pith helmet supplied by ReverendSpooky) for scale reference.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 _dsc3559

773Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:13 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
The JXK Studio JXK082A 1/6 scale Lion 2.0 statue looks impressive.

774Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:15 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Wow that looks awesome seeing all these animals together!

Thank you for the scale comparison - I think some of them might be a tad too small? But they still look quality. Big fan of the gorilla (I'm a sucker for Apes/monkeys - my favourite animals)

775Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m not sure about the scale on any of them to be honest, as I’ve never attempted to get the measurements figured out. And the Apes/Monkeys are also my favorites; it was always my dream as a kid to own a chimp. Very Happy

776Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 am

csyeung

csyeung
Great display Mark!

777Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:45 am

davidd

davidd
Love the menagerie, and the costume on the Jane Parker fig!

How fickle my interests are! Seeing this, I'm tempted to liquidate all my space themed and military themed and switch to a "Daktari" or Steve Irwin style animal conservation theme!

When I was a kid, you could still sometimes see monkeys in pet shops. And baby alligators! Oh, how I wanted a baby alligator!

778Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:54 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
davidd wrote:When I was a kid, you could still sometimes see monkeys in pet shops. And baby alligators! Oh, how I wanted a baby alligator!

Come down here to Florida. We have alligators in just about every standing body of fresh water. Razz

I really like the whole theme as well. Very nice collection and display. The only thing is that now I’m going to have “Mike! Mike! What day is it?!?” playing over and over again in my mind.

779Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:00 pm

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:

Come down here to Florida.   We have alligators in just about every standing body of fresh water.  

I'm "wintering" in Florida at the moment - wintering being literal, as it's cold here!  I suspect I'm too far north for 'gators - Daytona Beach area.

RECENT ARRIVAL:

TBLeague (Phicen) S44 (pale) and S45 (suntan) seamless figures:

Left: S44
Right: S45

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 31 51838604165_b9a79e41db_z

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum