OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 40]

81Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 am

highwayman57

Placed a small order this past weekend for some loose parts with BlackOpsToys; stuff should arrive here today! Smile

David

82Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm

highwayman57

Got my long-awaited Wild, Wild West figure set from Frank, and boy does it look cool! Nice paintwork on the heads and the skin tone matches the COO Models bodies Frank recommended! Clothing and accessories look fine too! Great work overall on the set! Very Happy

David

83Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:22 pm

JohnByng

Stryker2011 wrote:Cute. Fighting over a girl. How very... male. (I remember 2 boys in grade school who started a “war” (all in good fun, of course... back when kids could still do that) over a girl that we enacted over the course of the entire year during recess. Good times.) Hopefully your girl will do the right thing and pick one (or neither), and stop the fight before it begins... Smile

I want to see the fight! Maybe the girl could fight the winner.

My latest purchase is a pre-order of the PopToys "The Holy Woman Knight". I did not realize this does not come with a body! Seems a bit expensive now. Still, I do love a gal in armour!

84Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I got these over the last week or so:

The JXK Studios' African Lion (Golden), and Mr. Z's Pan Troglodyte & Bulldog

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 _dsc2810

85Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Skippy

JohnByng wrote:My latest purchase is a pre-order of the PopToys "The Holy Woman Knight". I did not realize this does not come with a body! Seems a bit expensive now. Still, I do love a gal in armour!

No body for Jeanne d'Arc?

Where did you read that?

It's listed in the specs for both versions, as copied from OneSixthKit's order page:

POPTOYS 1/6 EX019-A Saint Knight Charge version

List:
Female head with simulate hair
Short hairstyle head
Female body
Hands*4(two outstretched steel hands + two holding steel hands)

Clothes:
Brown cotton
Brown pants
Upper hauberk
Helmet
Gorget
Plate armor
Arm armors
Cuisse
Dark leather armed belt
Dark leather belt

Weapon:
Flag
Flagpole
Cross sword
Scabbard

Other accessories:
Black bracket

EDIT: I Googled the search terms you used -  PopToys "The Holy Woman Knight" - and found an Ebay listing that stated "Body and horse are not included", but that must be an error on the lister's part. PopToys list the body as included in their Facebook post.

86Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I got these over the last week or so:

The JXK Studios' African Lion (Golden), and Mr. Z's Pan Troglodyte & Bulldog

I like the look of Mr. Z's animal range but have never bought any.

I pick up 1/6 dogs and cats for a few pounds when I see them at boot sales and flea markets, by companies such as Border Fine Arts, Country Artists, Sherratt and Simpson, etc.

87Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Mr. Z animals are pretty well done (my only complaint on this set -- the Chimp & Bulldog -- is that there is a small, round metal logo-like disc in the back of the chimp and on the belly of the dog; I don't recall them doing that on any of their other animals, but it's very annoying). It'll be interesting to see if they continue that practice on future releases.

The Lion, while exaggerated, is really cool (I actually bought two), and is one solid, heavy piece (weighs 5 pounds).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 C8485110

88Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker, we can put our animals together and start a virtual zoo. Smile

89Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Stryker, we can put our animals together and start a virtual zoo. Smile

There can never be enough animals. I'd like to see more variety, though. Dogs & horses is starting to get old. More jungle animals would be awesome! Can you imagine how big a rhino or male silverback gorilla would be? Pretty unlikely they'd be made, or be big sellers, but it would be great.

90Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:

There can never be enough animals. I'd like to see more variety, though. Dogs & horses is starting to get old. More jungle animals would be awesome! Can you imagine how big a rhino or male silverback gorilla would be? Pretty unlikely they'd be made, or be big sellers, but it would be great.

Agreed, although before we go for quantity and variety, I wish we'd be offered some decent articulation. I was playing with the soft rubbery pig I showcased in the recent addition to the Useful Items thread, and was constantly thinking: what if this rubber was even softer and there was a TBLeague-type flexible skeleton or even armature inside?

91Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:The Mr. Z animals are pretty well done (my only complaint on this set -- the Chimp & Bulldog -- is that there is a small, round metal logo-like disc in the back of the chimp and on the belly of the dog; I don't recall them doing that on any of their other animals, but it's very annoying). It'll be interesting to see if they continue that practice on future releases.

Sounds like anti-bootlegging thing.

92Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Articulation would be pretty neat in a seamless animal, but much like my desire for more jungle animals, I think about all we'd get would be a horse (maybe). I would imagine the R&D would make the cost so high, very few would sell.

If we can't get articulation, I would like to see more... I guess you could call it -- personality in the animals. I like the lion and chimp, and that one pit-bull where it's lunging for an attack, because they are more expressive, rather then all the dogs that seem so stiff and lifeless; always standing perfectly straight like a show dog. Have one ear crooked, or the head tilted, or turned slightly, to give the animal the appearance of life, goes a long way in making them look less like a statue.

93Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker -- what you suggest (more personality) in the animal sculpts would be both a pro and a con, depending on one's needs (just like overly emotive human head sculpts). The only more or less failsafe solution would be to produce several different poses of the same figure, and make them available at the same time (together?) for a decent price.

94Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:40 pm

JohnByng

Asta wrote:
JohnByng wrote:My latest purchase is a pre-order of the PopToys "The Holy Woman Knight". I did not realize this does not come with a body! Seems a bit expensive now. Still, I do love a gal in armour!

No body for Jeanne d'Arc?

Where did you read that?

It's listed in the specs for both versions, as copied from OneSixthKit's order page:

POPTOYS 1/6 EX019-A Saint Knight Charge version

List:
Female head with simulate hair
Short hairstyle head
Female body
Hands*4(two outstretched steel hands + two holding steel hands)

Clothes:
Brown cotton
Brown pants
Upper hauberk
Helmet
Gorget
Plate armor
Arm armors
Cuisse
Dark leather armed belt
Dark leather belt

Weapon:
Flag
Flagpole
Cross sword
Scabbard

Other accessories:
Black bracket

EDIT: I Googled the search terms you used -  PopToys "The Holy Woman Knight" - and found an Ebay listing that stated "Body and horse are not included", but that must be an error on the lister's part. PopToys list the body as included in their Facebook post.

Thanks for pointing out that PopToys say it does have a body. I thought it dd but wasn't sure. I have sent a message to the seller to clarify. It is a seller I have happily used before so I hope they are simply mistaken.

95Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Skippy

JohnByng wrote:Thanks for pointing out that PopToys say it does have a body. I thought it dd but wasn't sure. I have sent a message to the seller to clarify. It is a seller I have happily used before so I hope they are simply mistaken.

You had me worried for a moment. lol

Maybe it's because they're so used to adding that disclaimer for sets that they just did it automatically?

96Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:56 am

JohnByng

Asta wrote:
JohnByng wrote:Thanks for pointing out that PopToys say it does have a body. I thought it dd but wasn't sure. I have sent a message to the seller to clarify. It is a seller I have happily used before so I hope they are simply mistaken.

Maybe it's because they're so used to adding that disclaimer for sets that they just did it automatically?

I received a reply from the seller which says that they checked and there is no body in the set so I have sent him/her another seller's listing. The seller's English is not perfect (not complaining - I have no Chinese languages!) so it may be that they did not quite understand what I was politely trying to ask. I will let you know what results from my latest message.

97Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:12 am

Skippy

JohnByng wrote:I received a reply from the seller which says that they checked and there is no body in the set so I have sent him/her another seller's listing. The seller's English is not perfect (not complaining - I have no Chinese languages!) so it may be that they did not quite understand what I was politely trying to ask. I will let you know what results from my latest message.

Kit's specs were taken from PopToys' own listing, which you can see on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/poptoysofficial

It would be very strange to release her differently, unless the seller is intending to break her down and remove the body from the sale. Which would be a lot of work to sell a PopToys body which isn't too expensive to begin with. It does sound more likely to be a communication breakdown.

98Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 am

JohnByng

Asta wrote:

I got this today:

eBay

New message from: sc_store999 Top Rated Seller(19,772YellowShooting Star)
Hello, dear friend, thank you for your patient reply. We contacted the supplier. My colleague has made a mistake in the description of the product. This product contains a body (not containing a horse) and is very grateful to you for the feedback you give us.
If you need anything, please contact me ahead of time. I will do my best to help you and give you a discount.
Best wishes

Nice reply and much more helpful than other sellers who have banned me daring to ask polite questions about purchases in the past!

99Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Skippy

JohnByng wrote:I got this today:

eBay

New message from: sc_store999  Top Rated Seller(19,772YellowShooting Star)
Hello, dear friend, thank you for your patient reply. We contacted the supplier. My colleague has made a mistake in the description of the product. This product contains a body (not containing a horse) and is very grateful to you for the feedback you give us.
If you need anything, please contact me ahead of time. I will do my best to help you and give you a discount.
Best wishes

Nice reply and much more helpful than other sellers who have banned me daring to ask polite questions about purchases in the past!

I've bought from them before, and they've always been good.

Glad they confirmed it for you. Smile

100Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:19 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I finally received the QMx Dean Winchester figure, which I pre-ordered from Alter Ego Comics back in February.

David

101Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 am

JohnByng

I got the TB League/Phicen Majestic Crusader figure. I didn't realize she has studs on the shoulders of her bodysuit. I need to get her a cloak or something as I will try to find another use for her rather gaudy armour.

I am quite pleased with her. It is difficult to resist all the TBL/Phicen female warriors!

102Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:05 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I pre-ordered the upcoming Hot Toys Ant-Man figure from the new movie, but, man, it's gonna be a loooong wait until it gets here late next year!

David

103Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Ordered a fistful of loose parts from World of One Sixth; should be here by tomorrow or day after!

David

104Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:41 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Just bought a mint Hot Toys Maria Hill figure on eBay, and saved over $35 by using eBay Bucks! Smile

David

105Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:Just bought a mint Hot Toys Maria Hill figure on eBay, and saved over $35 by using eBay Bucks! Smile

David

Nice catch, David!

106Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I almost forgot about this one: I just received a MIB Marvel Studios 2004 1:6 scale Blade II action figure that I bought on eBay. It's nowhere as good as the Hot Toys version, but it wasn't bad for the time it was made!

David

107Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:54 pm

JohnByng

I thought I had snagged a Tiger Mask figure that I have not seen anywhere else, but the seller told me it was damaged and sent me a refund. This was the title of the item:

Collectible 1/6 Scale タイガーマスクTiger Mask Figure Whole Box

It wasn#t the vinyl kit, it was an action figure with a gold and black body suit with pauldrons and chest armour and it looked cool! Sad

108Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just purchased on eBay the Easy&Simple British SCO19 Sniper head sculpt and body loose (the one that looks like Mark Strong). Now I need to find him an outfit to turn him into Merlin from Kingsman.

109Your Latest Purchase... - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am

highwayman57

highwayman57
A little off-topic, but I just received the 1:8 scale action figure of the TV Flash manufactured by Star Ace; looks pretty darned nice!

David

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum