OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pulp Fiction!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pulp Fiction! Empty Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 am

blackpool

blackpool
I just received the new "Vincent Vega" from star ace, so I quickly rebuilt a Jules to go with him.

Vincent is the star ace directly out of the box, I'm not used to this brand at all, the likeness is pretty good, the tailoring is well done, the cigarette holding hands are very cool, and the second outfit is included.

Jules is made with he redman toys headsculpt, dressed with a pop toys suit I have from a while ago...

Hope you like!

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_13

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_14

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_15

More to come soon!

2Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like them. Yet another iconic action duo. You excel at recreating movie character, and your figures here are no exception. Makes me wish I had picked up these head sculpts. Smile

3Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
How are you creating the smoke?

4Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic figures ! The Headsculpts are Amazing. I´ve seen some really Great S. Jackson Sculpts, from other companys, but Your Travolta is the best i´ve seen so far. Looks like it don´t has to be Hot Toys. Other companys can made fantastic Headsculpts too. I thought samuel jackson is taller. But the actors stay both 1,9 Meters.

5Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:03 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides..."

6Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
na

7Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:15 am

brassco

brassco
you burned something to re-create the smoking effects? great shots!

8Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:I like them. Yet another iconic action duo. You excel at recreating movie character, and your figures here are no exception. Makes me wish I had picked up these head sculpts. Smile

Thanks a lot Gubernator, Those two figures made me do plenty of new walls visuals to print for lil dioramas like this one... You can still grab the redmantoys Jules at monkeydepot or machinegun they parted the set out, and Vincent is freshly released, pretty sure they will part out a few as well soon!

Tarexmd wrote:How are you creating the smoke?

It's added digitally on photoshop, from real smoke pictures.

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic figures ! The Headsculpts are Amazing. I´ve seen some really Great S. Jackson Sculpts, from other companys, but Your Travolta is the best i´ve seen so far. Looks like it don´t has to be Hot Toys. Other companys can made fantastic Headsculpts too. I thought samuel jackson is taller. But the actors stay both 1,9 Meters.

Thanks Eph!!! I totally agree that Travolta is really cool and well done, it's not the superb one made by cult king but since they out of my price league I had to find another option. Jules's head is better to my eyes than the one produced by star ace, but you're right that they are way better headsculpts of samuel L Jackson that could have been used as a base for this one.

About sizes I have some work to do, the poptoys suit is a bit loose cause I used it several times on muscular bodies, added to this the head of travolta looks a lot bigger than jules that is slightly underscaled to my eyes...

shazzdan wrote:"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides..."

Legend quote! This movie is such a favorite of mines!

Mr. Razz wrote:Very cool figures...i wouldn't mind buying a few of those cigarette holding hands...

Thanks a lot Razz, I seriously hope they will part out this figure to get more of these hands, there two types of cigarette holding ones coming with vincent, first is on the pics but there is another more "european" holding the cigarette between index and middle finger.

brassco wrote:you burned something to re-create the smoking effects? great shots!

Thanks Brassco! I actually took some time a few years back to photography real smoke at various scales in front of a black curtain, cigarettes, matches, paper, tissues... So now I have a nice database of smoke pictures to add on my edited shots Smile

9Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:59 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So cool!!! Damn, such a great flick. Tarantino at his best. Figures look great, and those shots came out perfect. The printed backgrounds really are totally believable. Love it

10Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am

dadrab

dadrab
Very nice, indeed,

The sculpt looks far better in your photos than in those of the promo material.

Great suit, too.

Really fine looking Jules, too.

Thanks for showing us.

11Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:39 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot for the kind feedback mates!

Here is another session I made with them, I gotta confess the headsculpt made by redman toys for samuel l jackson is very surprising in terms of quality and details...

Hope you'll like!

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_16

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_17

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_18

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_19

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_20

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfiction_21

12Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
pretty cool recreation of the scenes...I think I'll need to go watch it again !

13Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:25 am

blackpool

blackpool
quick update, I edited an outdoor shot from last summer...

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfi10

14Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like they are taking a break after being hosed off from all that blood and gore...

15Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:03 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Great shots!
These smoke effects look supercool Cool Cool Cool

16Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:25 pm

Diana

Diana
These photos look like they could be out of the film! Very Happy
Really well done on atmosphere, posing, composition and all that.

17Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing figures, posting and settings! You pics always look like film stills! and always inspire bounce . Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

18Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What a great shot. Love the casual wear and smoke effect.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Pulp Fiction! C8485110

19Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:57 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
These are so killer! They really do look like such perfect film stills. Makes me want a Royale with cheese...

20Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:05 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Great shots, and good use of special effects/photoshop to create the smoke. It's totally realistic.

21Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:52 pm

Chip

Excellent figures , an I love the photos you got of them . Well done .

22Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They look great, both the photos and the figures. My favorite of them all is the latest "outdoor" shot of them.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Pulp Fiction! 1f60e

23Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:29 am

ZombieTestSubject

Beautiful photography and graphic design. These guys are lethal even without their weapons! (Second-hand smoke.)

24Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot everyone for the kind comments and feedback, it means a lot, very sorry I couldn't answer before (some health problems kept me away from social medias, while it forced me to stay home, not such a bad deal in the end, but I missed posting here!)

I had a try at recreating the most iconic scene of the movie, the "jack rabbit slim's twist contest"... Hope you'll like!

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfi12

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfi11

25Pulp Fiction! Empty Re: Pulp Fiction! Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

blackpool

blackpool
Out of respect for mr Tarantino, I spent some times editing the joints, mainly on the feet to convey the dance feel better (and match Quentin's fetish lmao)

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfi13

Pulp Fiction! Pulpfi14

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum