OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PureEnergy

Great update, Tarexmd.  A fantastic diorama that continues] to improve...  

I do indeed dig the “action” of the transformation.  

Very nicely, sir.

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:Ok, but what about the Harrys, Larrys, Suzies, Peggys, Billys, Frankies, Tonys, Daveys, Jimmys, Georgies, Pugsleys and that one annoying bloke, Carl?

I have no doubt that Tarexmd will fine tune this dio into something great over time...

Well, that’s just tosh...  

With the exception of Harry (who had been out of country at the time), those are just the names of the local bobbies...  So, no...

There's been a dodgy lorry in the nearby car park for the past fortnight; however, lacking a good butchers, it were - due to vantages being proper obstructed by an opened bonnet.  

Nevertheless, I expect the Yard to be sending their aces around to investigate the unfortunate demise of the good Dr. Whom.  (One yank reporter, a Ms. Lane, I believe, had had the wherewithal to correct the poor chap’s appellation for the obit section of the morning pages)...  

Razz  

But in all seriousness, Tarexmd, I stand by my original compliments, most sincerely.  It's excellent, truly.  Be happy and be proud.

So Peter is into 1/6th?

But what insufferable nincompoopage is this?

Peter Parker is not pertinent.  Nor is Peter Piper, who is also probably quite preoccupied picking pecks of pickled peppers, I’d presume…

So that leaves Mr. Lorre...  Which is homonymous (a euphemism for incorrect).  

And I really wouldn’t know the answer to such a question, but I’d say it’s rather dubious at best - since he is, somewhat - well - actually, quite deceased!

Not being keen to current events is one thing, Mr. Razz; but that man’s been gone for several decades now; let him rest in peace.  

At the very least - if ever your Peter did tinker with some sort of ancient form of 1/6 scale figures; not unlike the fellow, himself - your tense is certainly well expired…  

PS: Clearly, your “Peter” isn’t into much of anything these days, is he?

Razz

Mr. Razz

xes

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:I knew you wouldn't get it...that's ok...we all can't be as smart as we pretend to be...but, think about what you posted and then what I posted about Peter...You'll figure it out...if you know anything about music...

Oh, of course!  The Peter!  

Peter Townshend!  Duh!

Who?

Yes.

Who?

Yep.

Who?

That’s right…

What…?

Yes, my inability to decrypt your obtuseness certainly makes me the obtuse one...  

Embarassed

PS:  Incidentally, however does one go about pretending to be smarter than they actually are?  Seriously, just how would that work exactly?  

And do you now feel that you’ve successfully exposed me for attempting such deception...?   Why, you sleuth, you...

Perhaps we should just get this over with and whip them out right now onto the measuring stick…  You know, for Peter’s sake...  

Razz

Apologies to Tarexmd... Wink

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
I made tiny sixth scale Superman newspapers for my diorama from every headline that appeared in every Superman movie I've seen. I'll have them blowing in the wind when the last two pieces for the diorama arrive... for now, I haphazardly placed them on the ground:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 Supes_10

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 Whatsa10

MerylAkiba

Amazing build. Are the newspapers made out of card stock, the texture and color look terrific.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
MerylAkiba wrote:Amazing build. Are the newspapers made out of card stock, the texture and color look terrific.

Nah, that's regular A4 print paper... I edited the exposure in Photoshop, as well as the contrast and brightness to give it a genuine newspaper look!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great work on those newspapers. They look just right!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
A cleaner look for the newspapers till my custom part arrives

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 20181210

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 Whatsa11

PureEnergy

Splendid idea, and well done.

The newspapers are exquisite detail, and will also certainly further effect that captivating motion of the scene.  

Very nicely.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:I knew you wouldn't get it...that's ok...we all can't be as smart as we pretend to be...but, think about what you posted and then what I posted about Peter...You'll figure it out...if you know anything about music...

Oh, of course!  The Peter!  

Peter Townshend!  Duh!

Who?

Yes.

Who?

Yep.

Who?

That’s right…

What…?

Yes, my inability to decrypt your obtuseness certainly makes me the obtuse one...  

Embarassed

PS:  Incidentally, however does one go about pretending to be smarter than they actually are?  Seriously, just how would that work exactly?  

And do you now feel that you’ve successfully exposed me for attempting such deception...?   Why, you sleuth, you...

Perhaps we should just get this over with and whip them out right now onto the measuring stick…  You know, for Peter’s sake...  

Razz

Apologies to Tarexmd...  Wink

No need for either to get crabby. Let’s play nice, fellas.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This diorama is really coming along nicely. Pretty awesome the tiny newspapers.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 C8485110

PureEnergy

Stryker2011 wrote: No need for either to get crabby...

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 Lob110

“Well, I really wouldn’t know, sir…”

In sincerity, your point is well received, and my most earnest apologies to each and all…

(Let’s not get algae now, either…)  

Laughing

PureEnergy

Excellent progress with this scene...  

Quite honestly, I don't know that the suit issue would have been noticeable had you not mentioned it.  

Again, fine work, Tarexmnd.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
What a great diorama! It's obvious you are a fan of Superman and this version of the movie as well. You have created something of envy for any 1/6 enthusiast, this is what we do this for. Keep building your passion, it really shows!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Pontiacivan wrote:What a great diorama! It's obvious you are a fan of Superman and this version of the movie as well. You have created something of envy for any 1/6 enthusiast, this is what we do this for. Keep building your passion, it really shows!

Thank you for your kind words! I love both 1978 and Man of Steel versions and can't wait to finish this diorama and pay tribute to both!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Added a few missing headlines that showed up in the movie!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 20181213

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Added a laminated ID Badge...

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 TaUlElIg

blackpool

blackpool
Love that diorama, awesome work!!! Such an iconic rendition of the Sup, very well done! I especially like the newspapers and that press badge, the kind of detail that brings a dio to life! Brilliant!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also love the new newspapers and the little badge. They all look just right and add to the realism of the look you are aiming at.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work. Loving all the little details and new touches. Have you gotten the 4K Blu-Ray that just recently came out? I have it, but haven’t had the time to watch it yet.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Coming along nicely,

Lots of great little touches too.

CHEERS!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Stryker2011 wrote:Have you gotten the 4K Blu-Ray that just recently came out?.

Well I don't have it, but I watched the remaster at the movies during the 3-day Thanksgiving run. Me and my gf had a blast.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
I lined the interior of the cabinet in black velvet and blocked it from the back.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 20181211

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
I acquired a rare 1/6th model for the suitcase he held in the movie!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 20190111

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice additions to the scene.

PureEnergy

Very nicely.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent catch on the satchel.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
I decided to re-separate my Clark Kent and Man of Steel figures into two different Dioramas. I think it looks better this way:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 2 20190113

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum