OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Nice one!

I love the word grapple, takes be back to the days of wrestling on World Of Sport. "Good afternoon, grapple fans!"

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
He's almost ready! It's been a long and complex but so far very successful build.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
Nice one!

I love the word grapple, takes be back to the days of wrestling on World Of Sport. "Good afternoon, grapple fans!"

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:He's almost ready! It's been a long and complex but so far very successful build.

Cheers guys! Probably the last post I do on this thread as next I'll do a finished figures thread with them fighting in the photobooth, perhaps outside depends on the rain..

Made him new eyes from the reverse sides of some cut down push buttons off a cheap Chinese digital clock, not perfect but then you don't see his eyes very much anyway.
Finished painting and clear coating all the weapons and armour, started the ripped off FP head with spine and removable helmet (so the figure can still use it) as an accessory for the Assassin Predator (that seems to be the official name now). I'll need to experiment with hot glue, paints/inks and cold water to make some Predator blood effects for the head and the open grapple tip.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 Od1H3FR

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 GmjOsOe

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 3CeBY5u

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 Z4uiA4Y

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 XlQKMvQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 XDNb30z

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 CQg4EES

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 Gyy1m5z

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 CEU8oNJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 L4oIbVG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 VS6UdMd

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 Yq3bw8q

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 AH3I4TI

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 NlHX8Nj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 IbPJJRh

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Another top Chop job!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Another top Chop job!

CHEERS!

Say that five times fast...

Yes, indeed. Another action figure massacre that will turn out cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

LOL! And that's before he's let him loose on the shelves. Those LOTR figures could be in trouble!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Another top Chop job!

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger!

Stryker2011 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:
Another top Chop job!

CHEERS!

Say that five times fast...

Yes, indeed. Another action figure massacre that will turn out cool.

LOL, do you mean me massacring figures by chopping them up? Or the upcoming thread of them fighting?

Rogerbee wrote:
LOL! And that's before he's let him loose on the shelves. Those LOTR figures could be in trouble!

CHEERS!

Now that would be an interesting crossover movie!! I think the Uruk-Hai could do quite well with the help of Saruman and Sauron, the good guys would be screwed though! Especially as Gandalf just buggers off every time they need him...Twisted Evil

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

"You shall not pa... oh, go on then!"

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yes, indeed. Another action figure massacre that will turn out cool.

LOL, do you mean me massacring figures by chopping them up? Or the upcoming thread of them fighting?

I actually did mean the former. You're "massacre" of your figures is like watching the Texas Chainsaw movies, only when all is said and done, you end up making something that looks infinitely better than anything Leatherface ever made.

But on the other hand, a massacre amongst the LOTR and Predators would be pretty interesting to watch.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
"You shall not pa... oh, go on then!"

CHEERS!

To be fair that was one time he did stick around to save them though.

Stryker2011 wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yes, indeed. Another action figure massacre that will turn out cool.

I actually did mean the former. You're "massacre" of your figures is like watching the Texas Chainsaw movies, only when all is said and done, you end up making something that looks infinitely better than anything Leatherface ever made.

But on the other hand, a massacre amongst the LOTR and Predators would be pretty interesting to watch.

I think repurposing redundant figures might be a bit more accurate... Wink The Elves would do well against Predators and the Dwarves excellent teamwork might prevail with the use of powerful bows too.

Right this is the last post this time, used a new technique I thought I'd share for the blood and gore parts effects. I used hot glue, allowed it to drip to the length and angle I wanted one drip at a time and quickly submerged it in ice cold water to freeze it into shape. You have to take into account that the glue will want to float so you need to slowly angle your drip horizontally to the water as well as keeping the other 'hanging' or 'splatter' angle correct too. Obviously they all still need to be painted, there's an entrance 'splatter' and exit 'hanging gunge' on the wire that will wrap around the target's chest. I also made the Fugitive Predator's gauntlet blades more screen accurate based on a statue set I saw.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 YQiO3Cx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 L9SeyFX

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 Rj7zRKo

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 EGOzUjt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 DFDvNwx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 OBNLMOR

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 6fJxdl6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 STFeV7X

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 OVxP3gQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 W5FlNYy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 PuoEW6O

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 QUuil9p

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 8tTdU8V

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 9FTsG9D

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 JPm0Zv4

BUILDING THE PREDATOR KILLER MECH SUIT NEXT! BEST OF BOTH IRON MAN AND PREDATOR WORLDS! YES IT WAS IN THE MOVIE AT THE VERY END AS A KIND OF TEASER AND TO HELP EXPLAIN WHY THE FP CAME TO EARTH.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 IYF1ZZI

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 Bce39sH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 4s2levX

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 12 QmEcj7X

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool technique with the blood. I never would have thought of the cold water method of freezing it in place.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These new bits look perfect!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Neat idea!

That mech suit looks fun!

CHEERS!

JohnByng

This is awesome in the real, jaw dropping sense! You are the Rodin of Predators! Smile
I wish I had the patience and one tenth of the skill to create such an incredible figure. I can't wait to see more of him being brought to life!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
This came together amazing. The latex is brilliant, and the paint looks incredible! And I've been messing around more and more with hot glue for effects lately, and never would have thought of using cold water. Informative AND entertaining! I come just to see the project, but I always end up learning something.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Really cool technique with the blood. I never would have thought of the cold water method of freezing it in place.

GubernatorFan wrote:These new bits look perfect!

Rogerbee wrote: Neat idea!

That mech suit looks fun!

CHEERS!

JohnByng wrote:This is awesome in the real, jaw dropping sense! You are the Rodin of Predators! Smile
I wish I had the patience and one tenth of the skill to create such an incredible figure. I can't wait to see more of him being brought to life!

ReverendSpooky wrote:This came together amazing.  The latex is brilliant, and the paint looks incredible!  And I've been messing around more and more with hot glue for effects lately, and never would have thought of using cold water.  Informative AND entertaining!  I come just to see the project, but I always end up learning something.

Thank you all very much for following these builds!! Very Happy I'm so glad they were entertaining and informative, we all learn little tricks along the way as I love to experiment and challenge myself Wink . There will be a new WIP thread up soon for the Predator Killer Armour suit and I took loads of pictures of the finished Predators as stand alone figures and interacting in my 'garden' yesterday as I got very lucky with the weather, stopped raining for a few hours! Laughing That thread will be up later today.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Cool, looking forward to seeing them.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum