OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

I'm sure I saw some 1/4 scale WWE figures yesterday, one of them might work.

CHEERS!

Really? Never seen one, how big are they? Regular Star Wars ones in 1/4 would be way too tall, they're nearly as big as my Titanium Man!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Haven't seen the latest Predator movie, but your build is indeed another epic experience to follow. I have no doubt that it'll turn out as glorious as all of your builds. Keep plugging away, Alex. You are a machine. I wish I had a 10th of your drive.

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers PE!
I think an actual Hulk body might be overkill...

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 REpNG9m

Overkill?  

Not necessarily - although, I have not seen the film…  

That’s certainly a serious monstrosity there.

Excellent guerrilla custom tactics, Chop.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, the hulk body looks rather too bulky -- though I have not seen the film. I didn't really see a problem with the first body you tried -- aren't you adding texture and stuff on top anyway?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

CHEERS!

Really? Never seen one, how big are they? Regular Star Wars ones in 1/4 would be way too tall, they're nearly as big as my Titanium Man!

Mmm, maybe too tall in that case. There may be some 12" scale ones as well, they do a lot of sizes. A 12" scale Hulk Hogan could work, he's a big fella.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

CHEERS!

Mmm, maybe too tall in that case. There may be some 12" scale ones as well, they do a lot of sizes. A 12" scale Hulk Hogan could work, he's a big fella.

CHEERS!

I'm using a 1/6 WWE wrestler body in the pics!! Wink Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Oh,

Maybe they did an Andre the Giant.....

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
On the subject of Predators and holiday cheer, I thought sharing the Predator Holiday Special might be appropriate. Enjoy:

Ovy

Ovy
Wee, I would like to see the Predatulk with s Giant Cleaver or Gatlingun.

Those Blok Bot Joints look interesting, are they smaller than Lego Technic/Bionicle joints? I am always on the lookout for small joints and pegs, I have 2 old Lego Technic Figures, with relatively small joints which I might butcher. I also rediscovered some old toys named K'Nex, with a little durable ball joint system.

And...so many parts! Your man cave must be a real paradise!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Oh,

Maybe they did an Andre the Giant.....

CHEERS!

Not that I know of lol, all the bodies they use are pretty much the same mould with the only difference being moulded clothing on it. Well someone made The Dread Pirate Roberts from Princess Bride so who knows? Andre was in that.

ReverendSpooky wrote:On the subject of Predators and holiday cheer, I thought sharing the Predator Holiday Special might be appropriate.  Enjoy:

Absolutely brilliant! Thanks!! lol!

Ovy wrote:Wee,  I would like to see the Predatulk with s Giant Cleaver or Gatlingun.

Those Blok Bot Joints look interesting, are they smaller than Lego Technic/Bionicle joints? I am always on the lookout for small joints and pegs, I have 2 old Lego Technic Figures, with relatively small joints which I might butcher. I also rediscovered some old toys named K'Nex, with a little durable ball joint system.

And...so many parts! Your man cave must be a real paradise!

Yup the quest for suitable joints for builds is never ending! Small and strong enough ratchet joints are the holy grail for custom 1/6 builds! My house is a five bedroom man cave! I even have my own shooting and archery range indoors cheers Wink .

The clay's mostly dry now, I'll have to super glue bits back together as it's really fragile, I'll then reinforce it with PVA or clear coat before I coat it in silicone mould release which I did with the Rancor too before applying the clay, also silicone gun oil.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 QMJH905

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 UPvgEey

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 N8IwtMI

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Hmm, a 1/6 Andre from a big company would cost loads. You'll just have to scout around and see what's out there.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Hmm, a 1/6 Andre from a big company would cost loads. You'll just have to scout around and see what's out there.

CHEERS!

I know Wink I think there's copyright etc.. issues with him as well, remember someone saying that on the Pirate Roberts thread.

Got all the fun Mega Bloks stuff today, loads of useful joints for 1/6 builds! Also the head and masks, boots, chest pieces all are 1/6 size too, loads of hoses, some whacky canopy things and propellored shell base thingies as well. Not much needed for these builds right now but some joints and cannon bits however these parts are going to be brilliant for future builds! Been busy super glueing the fragile clay back together and reinforcing the backs with duct tape.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 HGMzeZb

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 L9RcH2p

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 2cItIVt

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 96x2q7I

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 A4sfWtG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 0TJyBwU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Tn1mL95

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 XzGZmR6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 2hzmHYW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 HI0HWul

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 16j5thC

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Pretty neat, I expect it's a load cheaper than Bionicle too.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Out of this colorful mess will emerge a beautiful Phoe... Predator. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Pretty neat, I expect it's a load cheaper than Bionicle too.

CHEERS!

Well a winning bid of 99p for the whole bag! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:Out of this colorful mess will emerge a beautiful Phoe... Predator. Smile

Not much to show progress wise as I had spray them with clear to reinforce the moulds, let that cure, then spray with mould release and leave that to dry too and they're both invisible layers so not really mind blowing to look at! Laughing
Luckily I had an influx of 1:1 weapons builds to do, two H&K G36's, an X9, mods on my M249 making it shorter and lighter. The big (and I mean big, around 6' tall!) new addition to my sword collection, 'The Great Sword' a replica of a Scottish Lowlander slaughter sword (not a Claymore) based on the famous German 'Zweihander' used to break pike formations. It's not just decorative but a fully functional forged and tempered blade that is very sharp with a straight bevel edge so it has a perfect diamond cross section blade for low drag when slicing.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 F1lKMuf

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 AjY1IDL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 2gXpYYG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 DadP9EQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 IPALMUn

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 UzabIBr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 SQenloy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 SpMJYCa

And this marvellous (mostly die cast metal on the figure and swords and lathe turned stainless steel for the weapon shafts) Gundam 12" super articulated and heavy figure arrived really quickly from Asia yesterday. It's now my aethiest's sci-fi fan Xmas tree! Wink The wingspan is a whopping 38", over 3' affraid !!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Su6YNBs

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:It's now my aethiest's sci-fi fan Xmas tree! Wink

Perhaps the biggest drawback to atheism is the abject lack of any decent holidays…  

That, and eternal damnation, hahaha…  

My own family is particularly heterogeneous with regard to cultural traditions; we typically celebrate from early December through mid-January, and it’s a lot to do.  

Anyway, this is for you…  

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Hhchop10

Happy Holidays!  (Or lack thereof...)

Very Happy

PS:  There is a quasi-medieval arsenal on your stairway scaffold!  Excellent.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:It's now my aethiest's sci-fi fan Xmas tree! Wink

Perhaps the biggest drawback to atheism is the abject lack of any decent holidays…  

That, and eternal damnation, hahaha…  

My own family is particularly heterogeneous with regard to cultural traditions; we typically celebrate from early December through mid-January, and it’s a lot to do.  

Anyway, this is for you…  

Happy Holidays!  (Or lack thereof...)

Very Happy

PS:  There is a quasi-medieval arsenal on your stairway scaffold!  Excellent.

Ironically enough my "Xmas tree" figure is actually named after and inspired by a Japanese devil called a kamaitachi ! Laughing

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 AiOvSsE

Here's a pic of more of my sword and gun collection (airguns and crossbows) but far from all of it, my house is like a museum of sorts Wink .

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 34108666_1051018108380369_369484062106058752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

I started pouring black latex for the build so at least that process has begun!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm an atheist as well,

"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but, I've not seen anything to convince me there's one all powerful force controlling everything."

How come all the guns you get all look like proper replicas and haven't been moulded in garish colours? Does that only apply to BB guns!?

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I'm an atheist as well,

"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but, I've not seen anything to convince me there's one all powerful force controlling everything."

How come all the guns you get all look like proper replicas and haven't been moulded in garish colours? Does that only apply to BB guns!?

CHEERS!

The RIF (realistic imitation firearm) laws from the VCR bill don't apply to air guns as they are considered firearms by law but don't need a license (YET, there's a stupid bill going around that's already implemented this daft law recently in Scotland)  so they don't need to be silly colours (personal taste aside, some RF's (real firearms) bright colours from the factories, limited editions or sponsorship/sport competition race guns etc.. anyway). Airsoft guns need a defence of which there are quite a few (and I have one) to buy them in 'realistic colours'. Like you, I just happen to like black, if I liked bright orange I guess I wouldn't need a defence! Wink As for moulded in bright colours, most of my guns are either cast, CNC'd or stamped metal, steel and aluminium mostly so they are painted, Ceracoated or 'Blued' to protect the metal. Some guns like the G36's above are faithfully replicated in fibre reinforced polymer like the RF's and unlike the cheap 'toyish' airsoft guns, are way too expensive for the factories to cast special coloured batches just for the UK market, so they too are then painted if required.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Cool, just the way they should be.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers PE!
I think an actual Hulk body might be overkill...

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 REpNG9m

Overkill?  

Not necessarily - although, I have not seen the film…  

That’s certainly a serious monstrosity there.

Excellent guerrilla custom tactics, Chop.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, the hulk body looks rather too bulky -- though I have not seen the film. I didn't really see a problem with the first body you tried -- aren't you adding texture and stuff on top anyway?

Sorry guys! missed these. I want him somewhere in between the WWE and Hulk body so hopefully with the aid of padding then applying the latex skin I'm making for him now it should do the trick, I'll try not to hamper too much articulation in the process. Below you can see the 2nd coat of black latex drying, only umpteen more coats to go...

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 X0TDJku

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 HeL564N

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 0dmqZsD

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Sumo predator!!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Sumo predator!!

CHEERS!

Hehe, kinda fits! The last thing we need for this bloody Predator is another name though, we've already got mine: Hulk Predator, then there's Mega, Super, Ultra, Assassin did I miss one? scratch  There's probably: Geno, giganto, Rex, Monolithic, giant, gargantuan.... study Laughing

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:

CHEERS!

Hehe, kinda fits! The last thing we need for this bloody Predator is another name though, we've already got mine: Hulk Predator, then there's Mega, Super, Ultra, Assassin did I miss one? scratch  There's probably: Geno, giganto, Rex, Monolithic, giant, gargantuan.... study Laughing

You forgot, "Big!"

Laughing

With regard to atheism, personally, I tend to be wary of labels, in general - including atheism - which is arguably as subjective as any theism...

santa

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

CHEERS!

LOL! Don't give them any ideas!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just another day for me except no postman, a bit like Sundays then.. Decided to go with the light coloured male body as it will be all covered up anyway so I can keep the darker brown one for the Uruk-Hai build down the road, I removed the feet using boiling water as per usual (I never use a hair dryer) which was quite a feat, no pun intended, as you can see how long the posts are to the swivel stop at the top. Built him up a bit with soft foam and have been repeatedly tending to my farm of latex casts, run out of black finally so using grey latex now to build it up, it's on the inside so won't matter and any slight marbling might create a nice effect anyway; it'll also be painted too. Enjoy your festivities, food and presents! I'm stuck with crappy boring food from the convenience store as all the supermarket delivery slots have been booked up this week unsurprisingly.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 N5dBKdc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 5oppxkw

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 QZeYvvY

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Yr1uEOC

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 STcZZCB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Viduehe

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 FwHzBv0

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Xj6zf1J

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Almost there casting wise, just thought I'd explain where I plan for the latex skin to go on the body's anatomy. Anything it can't cover I'll use cut-offs from the latex or bits of the Godzilla skin to fill in.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Nz5aRHG

UPPER AND LOWER ARMS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 RnUNobH

LEGS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 YE3M7Jh

BACK, NECK AND CROTCH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Y1l1hXC

SHOULDERS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 SVfZpcA

CHEST AND ABDOMEN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 VpB9SDK

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Mayo anyone!?

Hope you had a good day.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Mayo anyone!?

Hope you had a good day.

CHEERS!

SSDD...LOL! Felt like I was unwrapping presents today though as I finally got to carefully peal out the latex castings. All came out well and I spent most of today trimming them and working out how to place them over the figure of which I'll add a bit more foam to the legs and arms etc.. to get the righ proportions first but you'll see the planned layout below.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 OpaqbNn

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 YUfHopr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 9rtnFBG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 4fGSbTA

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 VNnjt97

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 9IGUViK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 Y2X58qg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 HTSTcwh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 MBrx8mL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 3 DrQQimW

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum