OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A few 1:6 brands BLOCKED me from posting on their Facebook page . . .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

I checked the Facebook page of four (4) 1:6 brands.

I discovered I've been apparently blocked from posting by three of the four of 1:6 brands.

The three (3) brands I cannot post on their Facebook page?

Big Chief Studios
Star Ace Toys Ltd
Toys-Era

WHY?

I posted very harsh, but factual and honest criticisms of their offerings that failed in design and quality along with pics in the past. I guess they didn't appreciate it.

BCS . . . the last time I posted on their page was when they unveiled pics of their 007 "Solitaire" figure. I posted how dreadful it was and an insult to the actress Jane Seymour.

Star Ace Toys Ltd . . . pretty much everything they produced and released as far as I can remember.

Toys-Era . . . the last time I posted on their page was the issues with the poor packaging of the Magtant 1.0, quality issues with the Magtant 2.0, and nose rub issues with The Steel. I guess they got annoyed.

The only 1:6 brand that I can still apparently post to (if inclined) is . . . you will not believe this . . . Molecule8.  I'm surprised Molecule8 didn't block me . . . yet. I guess I'm still under their radar . . . for now?

No. I'm not upset. Why should I be?

We should all be very direct, factual, and truthfully when any 1:6 brand fails with regards to design and quality. It's our hard earned $. Some may be more diplomatic and that's fine, but in this hobby being diplomatic doesn't always yield a favorable outcome.

WHY?

You already spent $ on a product with design and/or quality problems. You really think most 1:6 brands will "care"? A few do, but they're the exceptions.

#discussion

MarkEl

Any 1/6 brand worth their salt is going to regularly monitor both their own page and the general collector groups as well . Some brands don’t want criticism on their pages, and they rightly control this as part of their marketing. This extends to all products and isn’t unique to 1/6th. Take it as a compliment. They know that your opinion carries weight with collectors, and you have your own brand as a critic. Your opinion can very well impact their bottom line and business model. A thumbs down from DFC is bad news. You can always make a second less recognisable profile.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
MarkEl wrote:Any 1/6 brand worth their salt is going to regularly monitor both their own page and the general collector groups as well . Some brands don’t want criticism on their pages, and they rightly control this as part of their marketing.  This extends to all products and isn’t unique to 1/6th.  Take it as a compliment.  They know that your opinion carries weight with collectors, and you have your own brand as a critic.  Your opinion can very well impact their bottom line and business model. A thumbs down from DFC is bad news.   You can always make a second less recognisable profile.  

--

I've been told over the years to consider/to create an alternate profile, but then again WHY? That would be contrary to my belief of being "truthful". I do understand the necessity for such, but I'd hate to end up being a hypocrite. I do try and am at times in being less confrontational (i.e. discretion) about things. Sometimes it goes well. Sometimes it doesn't.

I have doubts at times that my views carry "weight" when it comes to 1:6 due to my online reputation. I've received various views over the years by others in the 1:6 hobby (i.e. friends, fellow hobbyists, vendors, etc.). I avoid (try to) the whole "ego" aspect because I see it with some within the 1:6 hobby.

scalawag

scalawag
Sorry to hear that these manufacturers have seen fit to censure you DFC.  Its their loss at the end of the day.

I like a quote from an old British actor Bill Maynard who passed away last year sadly.  

He was once asked why he had not achieved a peerage or other official recognition for his work as an actor as others had.  He said:

"If you tell a lie, you make people angry.  If you tell the truth, you make people bloody furious!!"

I think the only language any of the 1/6 manufacturers understand these days is a loss of income.

Criticism in any form, but especially if it is expressed aggressively or in a forthright manner (even though it is truthful) will bring this sort of response, they simply won't listen to any reasoning. With todays technology they can simply just switch you off.

If I get a poor product from a manufacturer then as far as possible I simply don't buy their products any more (easier with the smaller manufacturers than the bigger ones). It says more to them than words ever could.

shazzdan

shazzdan
They set those pages up to help promote their products. They are not going to let people like you interfere with their marketing strategies. There is no right to free speech on those sites.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I guess Shazzdan is right, they only like loyalists on their official pages. I get away with knocking stuff on OSR and OSS, but then, a lot of people knock stuff that deserves it on there. BCS come under the most heavy fire, as of course do Molecule8.

Pick your targets and watch where you aim

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I can understand why these companies do block negative comments, it’s just unfortunate their not willing to take that negative criticism (even if removed) and try to improve. But, then why should they... look at the Azkaban Hermione over at the Freaks. How many people saw just what a piece of junk that thing was, bought it anyway, and then practically every one of them went and bought a boot-leg head to replace that POS that looked more like George Washington rather than Emma Watson? As long as people keep buying, there’s no reason for them to improve.

BCS and Star Ace should just go out of business. I hate that BCS has The Who and Bond licenses... Take a look at their latest Rose/Billie Piper figure (sheesh!); granted, I don’t have a problem with the way overall face sculpt as much as some (Billie’s a cute girl, but yeah... she could bite through a chain link fence with those chompers), but the consistently bad paint apps, that horrible hair piece and terrible body.... The only thing we can do is stop giving them our money.

Posting criticism online is no different then going into a corporate meeting and pointing out to the boss that there’s a better way to do something (you get blocked by the one, fired by the other); all everyone seems to want are boot-licking morons.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A few 1:6 brands BLOCKED me from posting on their Facebook page . . . C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I don't know what the situation is with Star Ace, but, BCS are in the UK and their factories are in China. I don't think there's anyone from BCS in those factories monitoring QC and it could be likely that all the UK lot do is take orders and leave it to China to do all the rest. HT are in the same country and likely own the factories they use.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Provided your criticism was both justified and sufficiently politely presented, it seems underhanded that they would ban you. Of course, as others have noted, they set up these pages to promote their products. This is the age-old conflict between free speech and business.

shazzdan

shazzdan
There is no right to free speech on the internet. Any owner of any site can block you for any reason they like. They own the sandpit, we have to play by their rules, even if those rules are arbitrary.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There may be a right to it in general, but no guarantee of it on web sites owned by anyone who sees it as detrimental or controversial.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:There may be a right to it in general, but no guarantee of it on web sites owned by anyone who sees it as detrimental or controversial.

As far as I know, the United States is one of the few countries that has a right to free speech. We certainly don't have one in Australia. We don't even have a Bill of Rights.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:There may be a right to it in general, but no guarantee of it on web sites owned by anyone who sees it as detrimental or controversial.

As far as I know, the United States is one of the few countries that has a right to free speech. We certainly don't have one in Australia. We don't even have a Bill of Rights.

We do... and we don’t. But to explain that is getting into politics, so ...

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Doesn't help when your profile doesn't tell us where you are located.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Wisconsin USA

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Wisconsin USA

So name another country that has a right to free speech, even an implied one.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Gents, we're are now entering political territory.

Let's please avoid it.

My post never was about "freedom of speech", etc.

Thank you kindly.

On that note, I believe in the freedom of posting a scantily clad pin up.

Smile

A few 1:6 brands BLOCKED me from posting on their Facebook page . . . Femme-10

shazzdan

shazzdan
DeltaForceChung wrote:On that note, I believe in the freedom of posting a scantily clad pin up.

Smile

A few 1:6 brands BLOCKED me from posting on their Facebook page . . . Femme-10

Now you're talking.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't think there was substantive disagreement here -- at least not to the effective situation on websites like these (or even like ours, which is owned by Forumotion), but DFC is probably right.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't think there was substantive disagreement here -- at least not to the effective situation on websites like these (or even like ours, which is owned by Forumotion), but DFC is probably right.

--

I'm just keeping things easy and light.

Yeah. I know. Shocking isn't it?

Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I appreciate your efforts. You shall earn karmic rewards. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Luckily I'm easily distracted by scantily-clad women. What were we talking about again?

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Oooh, I have buttons,

As moderator, I must exercise restraint, though, as a Dyspraxia sufferer, I do sometimes feel inclined to think 'What does this button do!?'. Just stick to DFC's easy and light policy and I will try to keep myself away from the buttons!

CHEERS!

Andrew

Andrew
A few 1:6 businesses have tried to block me from airing my opinion, and had me removed from forums for doing so. They seem to spit the dummy out whenever flaws are pointed out and we're not stroking their massive egos, or not holding back on a negative review as it will affect their sales of said item.

NO matter.  The consumers will figure things out for themselves when they part with their hard earned sheets.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum