OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 30]

181discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri May 25, 2018 11:14 am

blackpool

Welcome Lynkhart Alang and CK! Can't wait to see your collections here! Smile

182discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:04 am

jomaccudo

Hello, I'm Jocelyn. I'm new to the hobby and have been collecting for about two years. My interests in 1/6 are very narrow, mostly because of what I can afford! The only line I can say I actively follow is Threezero's GoT. Unfortunately. My collection consists of a whopping four figures - Jon Snow first, then Tyrion, Daenerys, and HT Finn as a birthday present from my fiance.

I started taking advantage of the poor facepaints on my GoT cast by learning how to do repaints. I've done Jon Snow and am now painting Dany. They're not too great, but I like them.

I love reading discussions about this hobby, but I am quieter/do get intimidated by certain atmospheres that seem prevalent in 1/6 communities. Sometimes I get very excited with the facepaint I'm working on but don't have anywhere to show it off. So it's become a bit of a lonely adventure. I found this forum and see members discussiong how welcoming and civil it is, and I would like to give it a try. I saw it mentioned that there are a good number of women here, which is honestly why I registered. And now I don't know how to end this, so I'll just say thank you for having me here Smile

183discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:39 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Hi Jocelyn. You are very welcome here, and we hope you will find this a friendly, interesting, and enjoyable place to be and interact. I think we're a friendly and helpful bunch. If ever you find a joke off-color or a sentiment too intense, it was probably not meant to be so; that said, members have been civil and supportive almost without fail, and I hope this continues.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

184discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:57 am

BAD WOLF-787

Welcome aboard Jocelyn.

185discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome, welcome! We’re glad to have you here, Jocelyn, and feel free to share your repaints with us, or anything else for that matter. There are all levels of experience here, and quite a few who can offer tips and suggestions. My eyesight isn’t what it used to be, so I don’t attempt face repaints anymore — though I used to do 1/8 scale resin models at one time. Enjoy!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 C8485110

186discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello everyone, Theboo-bomb here, I found this place a few weeks ago and decided to make an account and hopefully start posting some of my work. Originally I posted some figures back on OSW however due to circumstances out of my control and not being able to log back in I disappeared but now I'm back and I have a few historical and star wars figures to show you wonderful folk!

187discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Morpheus

Morpheus
Hello everyone Very Happy

Asta told me about this new forum and its positive vibes, so decided to come take a look.

Another forum I belong to is like a dumpster fire at the moment, so glad to get away.

Looking forward to being in a nice atmosphere with constructive criticism/reviews/chat.

188discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you have joined, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus. We look forward to your contributions. And nice avatars, too.

189discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus. Glad you could find your way here.

190discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:06 pm

dadrab

dadrab
@ Jocelyn, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus...

We're mighty glad to have you folks here.

Pull up a seat and make yourselves comfortable.

191discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:13 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Welcome on Jomaccudo, Theboo-bomb and Morpheus! You're in good company here.

192discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard Theboo-bomb and Morpheus!

193discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Woz (AKA Likestatue) here Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Likestatue

Likestatue
Hello everyone, I'm also part of the FB group and OSW. I'm a digital artist that now will start new venture into the 1/6 figures. I've ordered two bodies (S19B and S23B) and then I'll try some combinations. All the best!

194discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello and welcome. Looking forward to seeing what you do. Good luck in the hobby, and prepare to spend a lot of money.

195discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Tony Barton

Thought I would stick my nose in , to see what's happening here.
I'm still working away at my historical figures, although I've not had as much time to work on them this year as I would like... other demands on my time. But I have lots of new stuff to post when I can get around to it.
The hobby has of course changed a lot from years ago when I started, but there's perhaps a wider choice of genres now, which is all good. For anyone new interested in historicals, it's perhaps a rather thin time , but there's always the possibility in making it yourself, which is always what amused me from the beginning.
But all good luck to the new Forum, and let's keep it active and friendly.

196discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Tony, a big welcome. Your tutorials over at the old site were one of the things that got me in to bashing my own figures. Very inspirational. Glad to have you here, and looking forward to your new work.

And feel free to share past work. We have some new members here who may not be aware of your particular work and skills.

197discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard everyone!

198discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:23 pm

GGuids

Hey everyone!

I'm Guids, a nickname I picked up in my time in the army because most people didn't have the time/effort to learn how to pronounce my last name. After 10ish years it stuck!

I grew up on 1:6 figures in the 90's and still have my full collection. I got a few of the GI Joe line like grunt and snake eyes, then took a shinning to the more military accurate stuff. I bought the USMC sniper and the US tank commander, which lead to a massive amount of 21st century purchases, and the rest is history (eventually going on to be an Academy grad and tank commander myself).

I left the army about 3.5 years ago and joined corporate America, moving back to Houston to be near family. After hurricane Harvey hit, my parents 1st floor flooded and they needed to clean out me and my brothers' old rooms, landing my collection back in my possession after many years. Going through my old figures has reignited the itch and nostalgia, and has me wanting to dip a toe into doing a few kitbashes etc, and after perusing the custom work on OSW and here that desire is only intensifying!

Anyway that's me, look forward to seeing all of your work and hopefully getting to pick your brains for tips/tricks and what the best latest products are.

o7
Guids

199discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, GGuids. Please do share your work, collections, whatever you wish.

200discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:23 pm

montañes

Jaime aka montañes, montanes or montanes68.

From Spain, 1/6 collector during several years, once my collection was sold now doing 1/6 figures only on demand.

Good to see over here very well know names in the 1/6 world.

Jaime.

My 1/6 figures in Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/montanes68/

201discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome, montanes. Glad to have you here.

202discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:46 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard everyone, Indeed this is a Great place!

203discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Greetings.

I'm quite new to the hobby, I started in January and own only four 6 scale figures, but at least they are highly customized. I wanted to buy a sideshow stormtrooper for some time, but hesitated and learned that there is a lot of customization going on. I got the idea in my head to build my Guild Wars 2 character Jaroyesh, using available parts bought online. But I did not find want I looked for and this hobby seems quite expensive, so I bought a figure from ebay and crafted my own armor and weapons, loosley based on existing designs. I then needed some enemies to fight and bought three Skeletons (from the bones book) and sculpted them into zombies. They are work in progress.

I looked for new ways to make joints and medieval/fantasy clothing/fur/armor/belts and stumbled upon that epic 13 dwarves Project and decided to register. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

Some pics of my...entire collection, might open a thread for more.
discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 AfvwOaK

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Kt3a3rj

204discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:I'm quite new to the hobby, I started in January and own only four 6 scale figures, but at least they are highly customized. I wanted to buy a sideshow stormtrooper for some time, but hesitated and learned that there is a lot of customization going on. I got the idea in my head to build my Guild Wars 2 character Jaroyesh, using available parts bought online. But I did not find want I looked for and this hobby seems quite expensive, so I bought a figure from ebay and crafted my own armor and weapons, loosley based on existing designs. I then needed some enemies to fight and bought three Skeletons (from the bones book) and sculpted them into zombies. They are work in progress.
I looked for new ways to make joints and medieval/fantasy clothing/fur/armor/belts and stumbled upon that epic 13 dwarves Project and decided to register. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

You've got some very cool customized pieces already. Thank you for sharing, and looking forward to your future additions. As for the Sideshow Stormtroopers, while they were top dog when they first appeared, they do suffer from various design and appearance problems. A very affordable alternative is to make a hybrid from the Bandai model kits and the under-articulated Hasbro ones, like this:
discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Bhstor10

205discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:46 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Welcome Ovy! Thank you for your kind words on my Dwarf thread, if you like custom armour which you seem too and are already very good at! You might want to check out my armoured wraiths here (they're Hobbit inspired not LOTR so each is different and there's a 20" Sauron too). Great idea using skeletons as a base for custom zombies!! They look really promising too!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t89-marathon-lotr-th-wip-custom-builds-reaper-rider-wraith-redone-finished

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t466-my-finished-20-inch-sauron-from-the-hobbit-with-throne-palantir-weapons-light-up-sound-features

This should have links to all the others as there are nine different ones:(just updated it so it does)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t312-my-finished-lotr-th-gondorian-numenorean-wraith-9-of-9-dol-guldur-battle-version#5667

206discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Ovy. Some cool looking figures.

207discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks guys!

gubernator:
The cheap stormtroopers look quite nice, thanks! It might fell easier to use paints on one of them instead of an expensive Premium Collector Figure.

chop:
I never paid much attention to the ring wraiths, but your customs are quite insane, I had to stop myself from reading/viewing all the threads at once. I have many questions about materials and techniques , but I will come back to you when I am finished. xD

208discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:59 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ovy wrote:Thanks guys!

gubernator:
The cheap stormtroopers look quite nice, thanks! It might fell easier to use paints on one of them instead of an expensive Premium Collector Figure.

chop:
I never paid much attention to the ring wraiths, but your customs are quite insane, I had to stop myself from reading/viewing all the threads at once. I have many questions about materials and techniques , but I will come back to you when I am finished. xD

No probs Ovy, ask away when you're ready, there's a lot to go through there and that's a tiny fraction of my work Wink .

209discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome to the board, Ovy.

Come on in and stay for a while. Visit the bar. First round's on me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum