OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Howdy folks! New member here and I’m definitely a collector at heart. From scaled models in my early teens to toys and action figures as an adult (granted I played as a kid but all of my childhood figures/toys are long lost to time.)

My first foray into the highly detailed/sculpted/painted 1/6 scale figures was the DX-08 Nicholson Joker Hot Toys figure which I got quite a few years ago. I was just floored with not only the likeness but the build quality at this scale. This was followed by getting the Hot Toys MMS293 Batman Returns figure shortly after it launched as my second 1/6 figure. These two were essentially all I had for a few years... (I feel my Mattel 12” Ghostbusters II figures are slightly larger than 1/6, but I could be wrong.)

I recently found out about these highly detailed 1/6 scale Phicen/TBLeague male and female seamless bodies and was just blown away by the photos. I just ordered the TBL M34 since I preferred that muscle structure over the M35. It was a toss between the M33 and M34 and since I’ve kinda turned into a gym rat over the past few years, the M34 it was. I also picked up the tank top/boxer briefs and the “Jake Gyllenhaal” head sculpt (which I think doesn’t really look like him, which was my deciding factor as I didn’t want it to “be” a specific actor.) He should be here this Monday.

Not even a day or so after I ordered the M34, I decided he needed a mate! Lol! After lots of research (MOST of it on this forum with a LOT of help from GubernatorFan's information/comparisons/photos!!) I compared each body against the not so accurate body types available and narrowed it down to the S29 or S39 as they had the most realistic bodies, in my opinion. I really wanted the S39 but her bust was just far too large, so opted for the S29 (still kind of a large bust). I was hoping to buy her with a tone-matching head sculpt & underwear at least, but that specific model did not appear to be supplied with either. I chose the S39 bra/panties set for the S29 as the waists were only 5mm apart (Thanks to MeMyself&I's measurements!). She (body, head and undies) are scheduled to arrive next Monday.

My first end goal is to get the He-Man head sculpt/accessories for the male figure and not sure where the female will end up, in terms of overall character appearance. I’m more excited about receiving these figures than I thought I would be. I love the fact that you can change the clothes and heads for a completely different figure!! I already know that I'm eventually going to pick up those other bodies that I was considering over the ones that I did buy, hahaha! I’m also worried about the amount of monies I will be spending on clothing and accessories down the road, especially when you realize how expensive they are, and after seeing how deep some of my other collections have gone, LOL! I'll look to this forum and GubernatorFan's ever growing Clothing thread for guidance.

Here are some of my photos:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 1
My first 1/6th scale figure. Excellent sculpt and clothing! Crazy how much his price has risen since I got him! (Sideshow Premium Format (1/4 scale) Polystone 89 Batman figure in background.)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 2
"And now... Comes the part, where I relieve you the little people of the burden on your failed and useless lives, but as my plastic surgeon always said, "If you've gotta go, Go with a smile!" "

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 3
"Admiring your handy-work?"

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 4
Excellent figure as well! I missed out on the DX-09 Batman 89 figure at the "at least closer" to retail price (kinda regret it because that was WAY cheaper than what he goes for now!) So when MMS293 was announced, I knew I'd get him!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 5
"You take one step closer, Mr. Batman, and I'll..."

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 6
"You know, without you, I just wouldn't wanna go on!"

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 7
Sort of mis-matched due to first and second movie suits, but still both Keaton, and still both badass!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 8
I also scored these "exclusive" broken cowl pieces (and Keaton head sculpt) from an MMS294 set that someone broke apart shortly after launch.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 9
When I saw the promo image of the "exclusive" setup, I knew I had to recreate it (without buying the full MMS294 set.)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 10
It looks so cool when it's displayed in this manner!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 11
Someone's "stock photo" of both the incoming body and head.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 12
Another "stock photo" which again looks nothing like Jake Gyllenhaal. LOL

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 13
Stock TBLeague photo of the incoming "suntan" S29 figure, although chatter in this forum says it's got a pale-ish tint, so we will see once in hand. I sure do wish she came with this specific bikini and bottoms set, though! Does anyone know where I can find this specific one?

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 14
Stock photo of the Kimi Toys KT005 head sculpt I have arriving for the S29 body.

Let’s see those M34’s and S28/29 photos! Diorama or otherwise!!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Welcome.

I think that bikini was supplied with the S07.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
TravelGuide wrote:Welcome.

I think that bikini was supplied with the S07.

Appreciate it. A quick search turned up zero results. It seems that folks who break down kits (both TBLeague & Hot Toys) taper off as the figure gets older...

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figures! The detailing is really nice on those guys. Nice female head sculpt too, I like the Kimi sculpts. Looking forward too seeing more!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello, and welcome! Smile It seems like your collection is already expanding quite nicely. :'D

And regarding the orange bikini.... the Tbleague s39 (suntan) version with the headsculpt comes with one:

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) S-l16034

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) S-l16035

ETA: Unless that's the underwear you already ordered?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figures! The detailing is really nice on those guys. Nice female head sculpt too, I like the Kimi sculpts. Looking forward too seeing more!

Thanks! Hot Toys is very good at sculpting and painting for sure. Regarding the Kimi heads, as my first HS I figure this price point was a great start, and those seemed the best given their look. Here’s hoping the skin tones decently match. So far the only thing I’m nervous about.

skywalkersaga wrote:Hello, and welcome! Smile It seems like your collection is already expanding quite nicely. :'D

And regarding the orange bikini.... the Tbleague s39 (suntan) version with the headsculpt comes with one:

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) S-l16034

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) S-l16035

I actually ordered both of these sets for my S29 from a US seller who apparently broke them apart from their respective bodies. Hopefully the tops aren’t too big as S39 is just huge up there. I think I should be good, though as I believe they’re both tied together.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
collectorofmany wrote:

I actually ordered both of these sets for my S29 from a US seller who apparently broke them apart from their respective bodies. Hopefully the tops aren’t too big as S39 is just huge up there. I think I should be good, though as I believe they’re both tied together.

Ah, gotcha. I think it will be fine... it's much easier to take something in a little bit than to try to squeeze into something too small. ;D

BAMComix

BAMComix
collectorofmany wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figures! The detailing is really nice on those guys. Nice female head sculpt too, I like the Kimi sculpts. Looking forward too seeing more!

Thanks! Hot Toys is very good at sculpting and painting for sure. Regarding the Kimi heads, as my first HS I figure this price point was a great start, and those seemed the best given their look. Here’s hoping the skin tones decently match. So far the only thing I’m nervous about.

I have found that the kimi's match well with the tanned versions.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 50444794983_6127fcb796_cTami. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

The only problem I have had with them is sometimes the inner plastic cup that sits inside the heads that pushes onto the neck is a little too long. This is easily fixed through by popping out the inner cap and cutting away about 3-5mm. from the top of it. Once this is done, the head will sit nicely and snugly and the figures neck cheers

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
collectorofmany wrote:New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 14

Well, this is disappointing... the seller just messaged me and said the last one available in their US warehouse was broken and that it would take about 2 months to receive stock from the manufacturer. They offered a refund or to swap it with another in stock, so I chose the KT004 which is the blonde.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) Kt004b

Sometimes I’m not very patient (especially when I’m buying something), so when I search for things online. I prefer to find them in US Based locations because those long Chinese shipping times kill me!

BAMComix

BAMComix
collectorofmany wrote:
collectorofmany wrote:New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 14

Well, this is disappointing... the seller just messaged me and said the last one available in their US warehouse was broken and that it would take about 2 months to receive stock from the manufacturer. They offered a refund or to swap it with another in stock, so I chose the KT004 which is the blonde.

Sometimes I’m not very patient (especially when I’m buying something), so when I search for things online. I prefer to find them in US Based locations because those long Chinese shipping times kill me!

the 004 is a very nice head! I used that for the lead singer of my band the Faithless Angels. My fave of the kimi sculpts if the 007.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:

The only problem I have had with them is sometimes the inner plastic cup that sits inside the heads that pushes onto the neck is a little too long. This is easily fixed through by popping out the inner cap and cutting away about 3-5mm. from the top of it. Once this is done, the head will sit nicely and snugly and the figures neck  cheers

That does indeed look nicely matched! What body model is she? I know the S29 & S39’s suntan are closer to pale than they are to other (earlier?) suntan tones. Unless your body is the older version which offered the full “tan” as an option.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the potential neck issues!

BAMComix wrote:

the 004 is a very nice head! I used that for the lead singer of my band the Faithless Angels. My fave of the kimi sculpts if the 007.

Yeah I was eyeballing 007 as well. I’ll likely pick up a few of these over time I would imagine.

BAMComix

BAMComix
collectorofmany wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

The only problem I have had with them is sometimes the inner plastic cup that sits inside the heads that pushes onto the neck is a little too long. This is easily fixed through by popping out the inner cap and cutting away about 3-5mm. from the top of it. Once this is done, the head will sit nicely and snugly and the figures neck  cheers

That does indeed look nicely matched! What body model is she? I know the S29 & S39’s suntan are closer to pale than they are to other (earlier?) suntan tones. Unless your body is the older version which offered the full “tan” as an option.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the potential neck issues!

BAMComix wrote:

Yeah I was eyeballing 007 as well. I’ll likely pick up a few of these over time I would imagine.

I have Tami on an S21b. I favour these bodies as they have the best muscle definition, along with the 16/17/20 & 23. After all, most of my girls are either enhanced super soldiers or soldier and agents/
No worries on the tip, it was passed onto me by a guy named onsixthwarrior who is very good at that sort of thing bounce . You can see all my female figs here,

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3404-the-female-agents-of-bam-hq

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to the herd, collectorofmany. I really like the Actors of that Batman movie. Think Nicolson was the best Joker. You gave a scary light effect to his face.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
hi and welcome aboard. great looking figures, there's always that "one" that starts off the addiction;)
as for the bodies you got, maybe a little tip, if you should find it troublesome to apply clothing due to the tackiness of the skin, baby powder usually helps with the friction. it leaves very little residues which can be removed easily with a brush.

for the masters of the universe theme i think the sorceress would be a good addition, for if you go with evil-lyn (dunno how shes spelled at the moment Smile ) you'd need a skeletor, beast man..... and the list goes on and on. at least thats how i end up usually with a couple figures more than i originally and budget wise planned.
so far i've seen a few 1/6 motu figures albeit very stylized.

as for the price of things 1/6, welcome to the madness were i refuse to pay more than 30€ on own shoes or pants only to churn out 90€ so my agent 47 has a proper suit and tie.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is completely understandable that Hot Toys' Batman and Joker would have seduced you into sixth-scale collecting (in my case it was T-800 from Terminator II); they are works of art. And that TBLeague would have completed the process; likewise. Smile I'm very happy our ongoing analysis, discussion, measurement, clothing experiments, cataloguing, etc., have been helpful to you. You have picked great TBLeague bodies and great head sculpts to go with them. Your next step in that direction should be to get yourself an M33 and an S25B so they can go double-dating with M34 and S29B. Smile No, I don't work for TBLeague. Unfortunately... Smile Looking forward to your comments and posts. As for patience... it has never been one of my many virtues, either.

A Man

TravelGuide wrote:I think that bikini was supplied with the S07.

Correct, I think it dates back to 2014 and the PLLB2014-S07 (i.e. the headed version of the S07C), an apparently reused for the headed S39.  Which is a bit peculiar, since even in the marketing featuring the S07, the bikini looks to be on the small side:

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) Tb310

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They probably just reused the same design, not necessarily the same exact bikinis....

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Welcome aboard!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 1f60e

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Ephiane wrote:Welcome to the herd, collectorofmany. I really like the Actors of that Batman movie. Think Nicolson was the best Joker. You gave a scary light effect to his face.

Thanks... Those Joker photos were shortly after I first got him/them, so they were still pretty much free of dust. haha

Tjolnir wrote:hi and welcome aboard. great looking figures, there's always that "one" that starts off the addiction;)
as for the bodies you got, maybe a little tip, if you should find it troublesome to apply clothing due to the tackiness of the skin, baby powder usually helps with the friction. it leaves very little residues which can be removed easily with a brush.

for the masters of the universe theme i think the sorceress would be a good addition, for if you go with evil-lyn (dunno how shes spelled at the moment Smile ) you'd need a skeletor, beast man..... and the list goes on and on. at least thats how i end up usually with a couple figures more than i originally and budget wise planned.
so far i've seen a few 1/6 motu figures albeit very stylized.

as for the price of things 1/6, welcome to the madness were i refuse to pay more than 30€ on own shoes or pants only to churn out 90€ so my agent 47 has a proper suit and tie.

Thanks!

Yes, I saw that tip in the maintenance/care thread... but it's always a good reassurance! Wink

That's actually not a bad idea on the MOTU figs! I think since I've got a pretty good start on Keaton Batman figures, I'd actually LOVE to do a Pfeiffer Catwoman, but haven't even began to research which body would be best, who (or if anyone) does the outfit for said body, etc. I can already see this collection becoming larger (and more $$$ spent) than I initially expected!

Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned it, but I've got the HT Batman Forever 'Sonar Suit' pre-ordered, even though it's outside of my normal Keaton scale (Forever was always decent in my book, little more campy—"& Robin" was a total disaster though!) I may go after the Forever Robin figure (who am I kidding, that was already planned before I even starter looking at these TBL figs!!)  Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:It is completely understandable that Hot Toys' Batman and Joker would have seduced you into sixth-scale collecting (in my case it was T-800 from Terminator II); they are works of art. And that TBLeague would have completed the process; likewise. Smile I'm very happy our ongoing analysis, discussion, measurement, clothing experiments, cataloguing, etc., have been helpful to you. You have picked great TBLeague bodies and great head sculpts to go with them. Your next step in that direction should be to get yourself an M33 and an S25B so they can go double-dating with M34 and S29B. Smile No, I don't work for TBLeague. Unfortunately... Smile Looking forward to your comments and posts. As for patience... it has never been one of my many virtues, either.

Wow, a reply from the great and almighty GubernatorFan!! Many humble and personal thanks to you for creating this forum (member number 1, yeah! Twisted Evil ) and for supplying all of the information, photos and opinions on this our hobby. I'll definitely say that this site has literally been my 1/6th Bible, so I definitely appreciate that! And yes, the Hot Toys definitely are beautiful in their own right. Oh, and for sure, an M33 IS coming—there's no doubt! Wink  I'll check out the S25 in more detail at your recommendation...

My M34 came in today and my initial reactions to the TBLeague's figures is that they are just simply incredible. I knew they looked life like, but I had no idea how life like they'd feel, like real skin to the touch. I was also surprised by not only the high detail, but the softness, yet firmness (squish?) of the material used. I guess I got some of the older stock as he came with the yellow wrist/ankle covers, yellow brief and 2 genitals. (unless that statement about not being included was for the females?) It looks like my S29 will be here either by end of week, or early next week, based on tracking. Tracking also shows her undies might beat the body, and the body may beat the head, hahah! I wish they'd all arrive at the same time. It's like I feel that they must always be headed! hahaha

Are names typically given to our figures? I'm not sure what to call him other than M34 and her S29!  Razz

I'll post photos, etc soon.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Welcome aboard!

Thank you, as well as the others!

Off to bed...

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Yes Gizem originally came with this bikini (she was originally this 2014-S07) but didn't really like wearing it. So Gizem is happy to give the bikini to the S39, even though we don't think it suits her that much.
We would rather dress the S39 in leggings and a hoodie and put her outside a club as a bouncer.

Welcome to the forum, collectorofmany

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos, and love the angles. And welcome aboard (again).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) C8485110

Diana

Diana
Hello! And another warm welcome on board! Very Happy

You've clearly done a good amount of research on the board, which is really nice to see. Those are great choices! I hope the KT004 won't feel too small on the S29, since the KT004 is also popular to be paired with the smaller framed bodies. But I've had that combination on display and liked it.

I am looking forward to your pictures! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:Wow, a reply from the great and almighty GubernatorFan!! Many humble and personal thanks to you for creating this forum (member number 1, yeah! Twisted Evil ) and for supplying all of the information, photos and opinions on this our hobby. I'll definitely say that this site has literally been my 1/6th Bible, so I definitely appreciate that! And yes, the Hot Toys definitely are beautiful in their own right. Oh, and for sure, an M33 IS coming—there's no doubt! Wink  I'll check out the S25 in more detail at your recommendation...

My M34 came in today and my initial reactions to the TBLeague's figures is that they are just simply incredible. I knew they looked life like, but I had no idea how life like they'd feel, like real skin to the touch. I was also surprised by not only the high detail, but the softness, yet firmness (squish?) of the material used. I guess I got some of the older stock as he came with the yellow wrist/ankle covers, yellow brief and 2 genitals. (unless that statement about not being included was for the females?) It looks like my S29 will be here either by end of week, or early next week, based on tracking. Tracking also shows her undies might beat the body, and the body may beat the head, hahah! I wish they'd all arrive at the same time. It's like I feel that they must always be headed! hahaha

Are names typically given to our figures? I'm not sure what to call him other than M34 and her S29!  Razz

LOL You make me feel like Thanos holding the gauntlet. Smile Thank you, I'm happy my little contribution has given a handy and friendly home to many of us to exchange ideas about sixth-scale products and customs. I'm glad you have found it so, and hope you continue to do so and to take full advantage of it as an interactive forum.

Yes, TBLeague seamless bodies are something else, especially when you first "meet" them. Accordingly, you have to careful, but to a point they are quite resilient. Also remember not to freak if something stains, because that is often resolved, sometimes of itself. Which is not to say I don't go usually go out of my way to avoid stains in the first place. Smile Anyway, M34 was the last TBLeague male body to come with basic clothing (the first was M32); of the female bodies, the early models came with bikini, and so do the newest ones, but most in the middle did not (including the S25B and the S29B that we were talking about). TBLeague seems to be flip-flopping with this sort of thing. While bikini or a pair of shorts (sometimes alongside wrist and ankle pieces) is pretty basic, it is actually a good idea to include, and I hope they continue to do so. But it currently depends on the model rather than on the time of release -- M34 will always come with these pieces of clothing, M35 will not. Or at least so it seems. (I should know better than to say always.)

Names... well, that depends on you. And possibly also on whether you keep a particular body+head combination around as a certain character permanently or whether, like me, you usually reuse the same pieces for different characters in different configurations. Although even transitory characters can be given names, I suppose. Especially if they are used for a story.

Eventually everything will be in place and you'll be ready to go. Looking forward to what you put together.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Yes Gizem originally came with this bikini (she was originally this 2014-S07) but didn't really like wearing it. So Gizem is happy to give the bikini to the S39, even though we don't think it suits her that much.
We would rather dress the S39 in leggings and a hoodie and put her outside a club as a bouncer.

Welcome to the forum, collectorofmany

Thank you! Yeah, I picked up both S38/39's outfits, so my S29 will at least have a couple different sets to start. I've already been eying some more sexy clothes for her!  Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool photos, and love the angles. And welcome aboard (again).

I appreciate it. I'll probably print some large format backgrounds for some posing/stylized shots at some point before I (potentially?) buy diorama pieces (is everything in this scale expensive? Any decently priced kitbashing from local retail—aside from Barbie?)

Diana wrote:Hello! And another warm welcome on board! Very Happy

You've clearly done a good amount of research on the board, which is really nice to see. Those are great choices! I hope the KT004 won't feel too small on the S29, since the KT004 is also popular to be paired with the smaller framed bodies. But I've had that combination on display and liked it.

I am looking forward to your pictures! Smile

Thank you!!

For sure, also considering the price point (which still isn't completely bad—for the body! LOL) I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting a purchase by not being happy or satisfied with what I got in the end. And so far, I have no complaints of that research! Yeah I was a little bummed about the specific store I purchased from not having a KT005 in stock as I much rather prefer that sculpt, although I'm not certain if all Kimi Toys HS's are of the same scale, proportionally speaking.

Did you have the S29 and KT004 in combination, or were you referring to using the KT004 on another body for display?

GubernatorFan wrote:
LOL You make me feel like Thanos holding the gauntlet. Smile Thank you, I'm happy my little contribution has given a handy and friendly home to many of us to exchange ideas about sixth-scale products and customs. I'm glad you have found it so, and hope you continue to do so and to take full advantage of it as an interactive forum.

Yes, TBLeague seamless bodies are something else, especially when you first "meet" them. Accordingly, you have to careful, but to a point they are quite resilient. Also remember not to freak if something stains, because that is often resolved, sometimes of itself. Which is not to say I don't go usually go out of my way to avoid stains in the first place. Smile Anyway, M34 was the last TBLeague male body to come with basic clothing (the first was M32); of the female bodies, the early models came with bikini, and so do the newest ones, but most in the middle did not (including the S25B and the S29B that we were talking about). TBLeague seems to be flip-flopping with this sort of thing. While bikini or a pair of shorts (sometimes alongside wrist and ankle pieces) is pretty basic, it is actually a good idea to include, and I hope they continue to do so. But it currently depends on the model rather than on the time of release -- M34 will always come with these pieces of clothing, M35 will not. Or at least so it seems. (I should know better than to say always.)

Names... well, that depends on you. And possibly also on whether you keep a particular body+head combination around as a certain character permanently or whether, like me, you usually reuse the same pieces for different characters in different configurations. Although even transitory characters can be given names, I suppose. Especially if they are used for a story.

Eventually everything will be in place and you'll be ready to go. Looking forward to what you put together.

No thanks necessary! I hope to help grow with this community as well!

As far as staining, I have read about it happening before. I had originally thought I could get an article of clothing and if it wasn't in the preferred color that I could just dye it with some RIT Dye. That is if the specific fabric takes to the dye. Of course, thoroughly washing and drying a couple times to remove all of that excess dye before putting them on. I've used it before when I dyed a pistol belt for Cosplay, but not sure (or comfortable) doing it on something that could potentially damage/stain the bodies. I'm definitely going to use the hole punch/oil pastel method to color the nipples, but I don't feel confident to dye clothing with all of the unknowns.

Thanks for the clarification about who comes with what, or at least who comes with what at the current time, haha! And I agree that all models need to come with some form of minimal clothing, in addition to the hands or feet/genitals.

And yeah Tommy is where I landed. I'll probably keep him in this configuration for the time being. Just need to get him some clothes/accessories and the same for her. I will eventually get the Mr. Toys He-Man sculpt/accessories but at his price point alone I could already get another figure or a decent amount of clothing for the 1(2) I already have! hahaha! Decisions, decisions!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
As stated earlier, the M34 arrived yesterday and I immediately opened him and his accessories up from the shipping box (I made sure all pieces were from the same seller/store so they arrived together as, again, I hate waiting! lol) As stated in my initial reaction post, I was simply blown away by the quality of this TBLeague figure upon handling it. The attention to detail put into the look and construction of these figures is obvious when you handle them; I was thoroughly impressed! I was kinda expecting this specific version to be a bit more bulky/muscular than he was, which I wouldn’t have minded anyway, but in the end I am glad I chose him over the M35 variant.

The head sculpt skin tone matched the body’s skin tone a little better than I expected as well. I’m glad the skin tone comparison thread helped me pick a good match! I really do like the material of the included briefs/wrist-ankle bracelets that came with the figure, and wish I could find more of this underwear style online. Does anyone want to sell the undies supplied with their male figures as I plan to customize a pair or two?

I dressed Tommy with the included bits, then put on the A Shirt and boxer briefs. I must also say that I’m a fan of the super stretchy materials used in both the A Shirt and boxer briefs (and his stock yellow briefs), as while they were a little tough to get over his thick masculine legs and decently robust rump, the added stretch aided when I was slipping them on. I’ll need to keep that in mind going forward when I order more clothes as I’d much rather a slightly (but not too) tight fit than an overly loose fit, aesthetics wise.

I scheduled an impromptu photo shoot in my den/collection room/man cave... so excuse the backgrounds. I’ll probably start looking for some accessories for them to pose with/near/in. I’m shining my flashlight into this hole, and it looks like it goes down pretty deep! Hahahahha!! :lol

Enjoy!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 18
First shot after assembling everything that arrived. Gotta do the standard ‘flex’ pose! haha

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 19
I think the head tone is definitely closer to the body skin tone on Tommy.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 20
I’m really happy with the sculpt of the 34, and he’s probably as large as I’m going. Looking forward when I can pick up a 33 and will eventually order from Giantoy this go round.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 21
I decided to drop the boxer briefs since Tommy prefers briefs or bikinis to show off his muscular legs. Here I noticed a little bit of separation at the neck after the fact, so may trim the inner neck connector cap like BAMComix/onsixthwarrior recommended. (Unless I just didn’t have it firmly in at the time?)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 22
I can appreciate how flexible the joints/body are. Has anyone ever tried to do stop motion animation using these figures?

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 23
I found portrait mode, it definitely makes for some interesting shots of Tommy flexing those muscles.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 24
Especially these, where it clips the subject from the composition.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 25
Or in monotone/grayscale over white...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 26
I need to do some digging in here to find a good set of jeans or pants because this guy NEVER skips glutes/quads gym days! Ha!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 27
...or ANY other gym day for that matter! Wink

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 28
I thought this looked cool with my finger accidentally out of focus in the shot.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 29
Again, I do love the fitted style on this specific A-Shirt! Some others that I saw before purchasing these looked more cotton/i.e. looser fitting. (Then again they may have been the same one/fabric but shown on a 33.)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 30
The age old question... “Boxers or Briefs?” Razz

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 31
Tossed him in front of my first two figures, even though he was still in his Boxer or Briefs pose. Tommy ain’t right!! Wink

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) 32
Although this is probably a friendlier version of my collection until S29 arrives. (Also, tracking is putting her body here earlier than expected, so that’s a plus!) So far, she’s only got 2 underwear sets coming in and I’ve already been looking for an Action Man Racing Suit to put her in. For starters I’m thinking a sexy race car driver for her! Mad

Oh, and I held Tommy up near my Mattel Ghostbusters figures and I think those flight suits just may work as the sizing was closer than I realized! I believe the Blitzway Ghostbusters figures were 1/6th as well, but I would have to double check. I know those figures were a pretty penny when sold (and even more now!), which is why I passed when they first came out. A quick search for 1/6 Ghostbusters usually brings up pieces from the Mattel 12” figures, which I already have (not so good head sculpts but decent equipment.)

Until next time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum