OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

I did a bit more searching and came across this thread on OSW:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/862940-cross-brand-colour-matching-tbleague-jiaou-doll-very-cool-kumik-heads.html

The focus is on colour-matching, which is not really an issue for me since most of the figures I'm trying to create are SW aliens and thus will need to be coloured with oil pastels anyway, but there are nonetheless some useful comparison pics including VeryCool, Jiaou, and Tbleague bodies.  

Hope it's ok to leave this here, in case anyone else finds it helpful as well. Smile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yes, Martian has been doing some good work on color matching for awhile, as I told him myself. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

doodlehobby

Just stumbled on this. Not sure if you looked at the narrow shoulder mid-bust TBL S18A/19B? It's not muscular like the S22A/23B. I don't follow Star Wars, so not sure if the body would fit the character you are making. This is the S18A in the Villa suit before I swapped it out for the more muscular S23B bodies using Kimi heads.

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 40605580541_b89518f331_bPhicen Villa Suit 6 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 40605580361_f9608cb537_bPhicen Villa Suit 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 39894298794_2fa9ac9b68_bPhicen Villa Suit 5 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 39894306504_5a9a2605a7_bPhicen Villa Suit 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 40605580171_0ec3b8eb8b_bPhicen Villa Suit 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 39894299094_d2d5ee460d_bPhicen Villa Suit 4 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

Thank you for the great pics, doodlehobby! I had a feeling if anyone knew it would be you, lol.

And don’t worry about not being familiar with the character — I didn’t exactly help by failing to provide a reference pic. ;p Not to mention that the version of the character I’m trying to create is based on her appearance in a cgi animated series. So there is some room for interpretation in translating her to a more ‘realistic’’ appearance. She’s not super muscular — rather, the look I’m going for is ‘slender and long-limbed, while also being curvaceous/voluptuous enough to give off a femme fatale vibe’. Lol, too hard to explain...

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 Tumblr_mxkx0n1IDN1r0j0yso1_400

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 Tumblr_on20ykYF8w1qi4j1oo3_400

The main issue I’m having atm is that, when I'd originally embarked upon this project (aka, to create a line of custom 1/6 figures based on my favourite characters from the Clone Wars animated series), I was using/planning to use basic jointed bodies. Amongst other reasons for choosing to do so, I’d also thought that this was my only option for creating SW alien figures due to being unaware at the time that tbleague bodies *could* indeed be coloured with oil pastels. Also, I felt tbleague bodies were too tall to be used for all the characters.  So, I started the project and already had a couple outfits completed or nearly completed when....

...  I joined this forum and saw that a) the new s25b-size bodies would indeed mean I could make shorter figures as well as taller ones, and b) omg, you could colour them!! :O

So, I purchased my first couple tbleague bodies and am now hooked on the seamless look, not to mention the pose-ability. Very Happy

Unfortunately, though, I’m still kinda stuck on a couple of the planned figures, as I’m hoping to avoid having to re-create the entire outfits while simultaneously trying to find seamless upgrade bodies that will fit and also be suitable for each characters’ body shapes. For some, I’ve also been struggling to fit headsculpts that I already have onto tbleague bodies, etc.

The pics of the small tbleague bodies with the bare shoulders you just posted actually helped me immensely with a different figure from this ‘line’ that I’d been agonising over, so many thanks for that once again. Smile I’ll definitely bear in mind the s17b as well and add it to the list of bodies to experiment with!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Btw — I forgot to ask, anyone with experience with Jiaou doll bodies, do you know if the necks are generally thinner than on the tbleague bodies of the same height? (I’m referring to the previous slimmer Jiaou models, rather than the newer ‘European’ ones.) I ask because I’m finding that certain headsculpts aren’t working with the s12d due to the neck being so thick on it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Btw — I forgot to ask, anyone with experience with Jiaou doll bodies, do you know if the necks are generally thinner than on the tbleague bodies of the same height? (I’m referring to the previous slimmer Jiaou models, rather than the newer ‘European’ ones.) I ask because I’m finding that certain headsculpts aren’t working with the s12d due to the neck being so thick on it.

Yes, it appears the JD necks are a bit thinner than the TBL ones -- at least looking at the two I picked up to look at when I saw your question. Funnily enough, I had encountered the female neck width problem in reverse -- on my Wonder Woman "training version" kitbash, the Jiaou neck is a little too thin for the head (though not too much). It also appears that Jiaou bodies are just a little shorter than the TBL ones of the height when they first appeared (i.e., not taking into account the more recent petite and "buxom" TBL releases) -- more so as to the height of the neck peg than the actual rubbery seamless surface, although there is a difference there too. I had either not noticed or forgotten. Anyway, here's a photo:
Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 Tbljdf10

Hope this helps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much , that is absolutely great news and very helpful! While I much prefer the overall look of tbleague bodies, it’s still nice to have some back up options for when incompatibility issues like that arise.

I’m guessing that particular Jiaou body is a large bust version?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks so much , that is absolutely great news and very helpful! While I much prefer the overall look of tbleague bodies, it’s still nice to have some back up options for when incompatibility issues like that arise.

I’m guessing that particular Jiaou body is a large bust version?

You are very welcome. I'm happy I could be of help.
And yes, I guess it is, although I've partly lost track of what is what.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No worries, the Jiaou listings don't exactly make it easy to figure out what is what in the first place. ;p One of the many reasons I've avoided them, til now, as I found them too confusing to even bother with. But I'm very curious, especially if it will help me complete some long-stagnated WIPs that I'd almost given up on.

There is one figure in particular [not the original one under discussion here] that I am trying to upgrade to a seamless body, and the headsculpt in question was only compatible with a Kumik body. Because it's a unique custom HS, I was loathe to modify it too much lest I damage it in the process. The neck connector and shape on that Jiaou looks more like a Kumik neck, so it gives me some hope. The tbleague neck connector was simply too large and the neck itself too wide. Fingers crossed that something will finally work. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:There is one figure in particular [not the original one under discussion here] that I am trying to upgrade to a seamless body, and the headsculpt in question was only compatible with a Kumik body. Because it's a unique custom HS, I was loathe to modify it too much lest I damage it in the process. The neck connector and shape on that Jiaou looks more like a Kumik neck, so it gives me some hope. The tbleague neck connector was simply too large and the neck itself too wide. Fingers crossed that something will finally work. Smile

Jiaou Doll female bodies do come with three (at least) different interchangeable neck connectors, so there is hope for you yet. Smile

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:No worries, the Jiaou listings don't exactly make it easy to figure out what is what in the first place. ;p One of the many reasons I've avoided them, til now, as I found them too confusing to even bother with. But I'm very curious, especially if it will help me complete some long-stagnated WIPs that I'd almost given up on.

There is one figure in particular [not the original one under discussion here] that I am trying to upgrade to a seamless body, and the headsculpt in question was only compatible with a Kumik body. Because it's a unique custom HS, I was loathe to modify it too much lest I damage it in the process. The neck connector and shape on that Jiaou looks more like a Kumik neck, so it gives me some hope. The tbleague neck connector was simply too large and the neck itself too wide. Fingers crossed that something will finally work. Smile

Jiaou Doll has so many types and color paint bodies, I really don't take any risks to choose them, so far I bought the male body (claimed wheat color) and it is looks so pink-white compared to TBL, of course not too compatible with some headsculpts too.....

I guess you can have a look on Verycool semiseamless body as your alternative, if you are not really a seamless lover, I just bought one of them and feel little bit surprise, which can wear and look like seamless....

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 Vc007210

Fitting 'regular' tbleague body into VeryCool outfit? - Page 2 Yeo_2056

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice! I'm glad that the VeryCool 'seamless' is working out ok for you. I would consider it, but the issue again is with colouring... I need the body a specific colour for an 'alien' character, and thus a tbleague or jiaou seems only real alternative [mainly because the rubber material cannot be painted, unfortunately].

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice! I'm glad that the VeryCool 'seamless' is working out ok for you. I would consider it, but the issue again is with colouring... I need the body a specific colour for an 'alien' character, and thus a tbleague or jiaou seems only real alternative [mainly because the rubber material cannot be painted, unfortunately].

I see~~ cyclops Well in this case, what I would say~just blind choose one of Jiaou's, and just see what happen... clown those paper works and picture comparisons cannot fill up your curiousity anyway....just get one and try it, you can customize it with other character if not work with your alien girl Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, I will probably have to do just that. Smile

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks, I will probably have to do just that. Smile

Waiting for your wild experiment... cyclops Twisted Evil Surprised Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum