OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Been a bit MIA lately, but been quietly toiling away on projects.  Just finished working on this photoshoot this morning.

Saint Crow and Marrow take the bike out exploring in the wastes and run into a bit of trouble.  Nothing they can't handle.

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc001_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc002_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc003_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc004_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc005_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc006_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc007_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc008_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc009_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc010_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc011_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc012_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc013_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc014_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc015_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc016_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc017_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc018_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc019_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc020_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc021_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc022_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc023_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc024_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc025_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc026_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc027_orig

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings Wbc028_orig

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So awesome! Glad to see you back — and with another cool and fun shoot with Crow and (my personal favorite) Marrow. Glad you managed to find time from work finally.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wasteland Bike Chase - From the World of the Radio Kings C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:So awesome! Glad to see you back — and with another cool and fun shoot with Crow and (my personal favorite) Marrow. Glad you managed to find time from work finally.

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed! Yeah, glad to get back on here a bit today. Been busy with fun stuff too (designer toy show in Brooklyn a couple weeks back was a blast). Work is still a bit brutal, but I can't NOT work on projects, so been cramming my own stuff into any free time I've had. Actually been REALLY productive at night, finishing 2 new figures in the last couple weeks, 3 more that are ready for photos, and 1 that's so close (waiting for a last little piece from china). Some I've been waiting to finish more backdrops before I shoot them (before everyone gets bored of my back yard) and one I may wait to shoot until that elevator dio arrives (can't come soon enough!). Just been keeping extra focused on getting stuff done in whatever time I've had. But I'm in photography mode now, so hoping to start knocking out shoots 1 after enough for a bit before I get back into building stuff. Planning to start on my next shoot today, soon as I hop off here.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yayyy, so glad to see a new thread from you, Rev! And these pics are delightful! Smile

All the details are a feast for the eyes as always, but my favourite part of these is definitely Marrow's acrobatics. Love the dynamic poses you have her in, and that she's utilizing all those various weapons. Best of all is the detail of her shoe hooked through the strap of St. Crow's holster.... it's somehow both adorably intimate and effortlessly badass at the same time. Just brilliant! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great set. I love the poses! That must have taken an age. I wonder about where the lighting is coming from though because there seems to be some lens flare in several of the photos. That being said, these are wonderful and delightful in terms of their composition. Your ability to work two figures into a shot in these poses is amazing, as I'm still keeping my shots mostly limited to single figures for now. Glad to see you back.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Meant to add I also adore the pic of them both holding the flask. <3

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Nice to see more shots of that highly detailed motorcycle, it looks so great. Did you mod it from one you bought, or make from ground up? I've been trying to find one that isn't too terribly expensive...actually saw a really nice one at the Goodwill once but someone else snatched it before I could, haha.

blackpool

blackpool
Good to see you around! Phenomenal shots, the poses are insanely cool, and the figures so amazing!!!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Just an FYI, there are 2 additional pics added above.  I realized I'd made a couple typos and they didn't show up before.  

skywalkersaga wrote:Yayyy, so glad to see a new thread from you, Rev! And these pics are delightful! Smile

All the details are a feast for the eyes as always, but my favourite part of these is definitely Marrow's acrobatics. Love the dynamic poses you have her in, and that she's utilizing all those various weapons. Best of all is the detail of her shoe hooked through the strap of St. Crow's holster.... it's somehow both adorably intimate and effortlessly badass at the same time. Just brilliant! Very Happy

Thank you so much!!!  And I love so much that you caught that detail, and gleaned that out of it.  I always want to try to get across these aspects of the characters and relationships through their body language and how they interact, how they move, so the fact that you got that makes me so happy.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great set. I love the poses! That must have taken an age.  I wonder about where the lighting is coming from though because there seems to be some lens flare in several of the photos.  That being said, these are wonderful and delightful in terms of their composition.  Your ability to work two figures into a shot in these poses is amazing, as I'm still keeping my shots mostly limited to single figures for now. Glad to see you back.  

Thank you! The poses are really the most fun part for me.  Trying to tweak everything so that it looks the most natural through the camera, which is all just an excuse to sit and play with my toys all day. Razz And multiple figure shots are such a blast to do.  Means a lot that as a photographer you dig them.

All the lens flares are actually done in post.  Not sure if they're "accurate" as far as how a camera picks them up, but I thought they added some drama and added to that late afternoon/fading light feeling I was trying to capture.

skywalkersaga wrote:Meant to add I also adore the pic of them both holding the flask. <3

Ah, so glad! Yeah, I think a drink or 2 is a necessity after a high speed gunfight.  Or pretty much any other occasion...

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Nice to see more shots of that highly detailed motorcycle, it looks so great. Did you mod it from one you bought, or make from ground up? I've been trying to find one that isn't too terribly expensive...actually saw a really nice one at the Goodwill once but someone else snatched it before I could, haha.

Thanks so much! I so wish I had the talent to scratch build something like this.  I actually picked it up at a gas station, probably 10-15 years ago, and I think it's made by a company called NewRay.  Stryker had actually done a really informative thread on 1/6 bikes, and has said that this is one of the few that are pretty accurate to scale.  (The whole thing is really interesting and worth revisiting, especially while you're on the hunt for one https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1226-1-6-scale-motorcyles-1-1-motorcycles-size-design-problems-for-1-6-scale ).  I got mine for a steal at the time, and I'm thankful I managed to hang on to it for this project.  I still feel like I need to pack some more detail into it somehow. And that SUCKS that someone beat you to the one you saw!  What a great find.  I hope whoever bought it was at least another 1/6 enthusiast and not just a kid who had no idea what a treasure he got.

blackpool wrote:Good to see you around! Phenomenal shots, the poses are insanely cool, and the figures so amazing!!!

Thank you!  Feels good to be back!  And so glad you're enjoying!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome back... we were getting worried about you, but this is welcome relief in every sense of the word. Beautiful new shots, and impressive acrobatics on the part of Marrow (I love how effective sticking her foot under his strap is). Sure made short work of the invisible trouble pursuing them (Sodan stealth technology? sorry, been catching up on SG1). Can't wait to see your new creations.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
those are some great action shots you got there, like ´em alot. that girl sure knows her balance Laughing though she might wanna watch out for the rear tire not to rip her bald  Razz

great posing by the way, really appreciate that you kept the joints and ankles in the realistic limits of a real human body , nothing screams "plastic doll" more than a head turned 180°(ouch) or feet and hand bend in an impossible way, unless they´re dislocated or broken.

nice painting on the bike as well, gives it a great worn look. last bike i had was part of a collection i snatched ages ago from ebay, though the quality was shoddy at best so it wasn´t a big loss when i couldn´t find it anymore when moving to my current house.

again, great setting and really nice figures

cheers

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Welcome back... we were getting worried about you, but this is welcome relief in every sense of the word. Beautiful new shots, and impressive acrobatics on the part of Marrow (I love how effective sticking her foot under his strap is). Sure made short work of the invisible trouble pursuing them (Sodan stealth technology? sorry, been catching up on SG1). Can't wait to see your new creations.

Thank you!  Been taking my beatings out here in the world, but still breathing and making time for projects and a bit of fun.  Missed this crew, but had to make the most of limited time, which hopefully paid off and should have lots of fun stuff to share soon.  So glad you dig the new shoot!  Makes me happy that her foot trick was noticed and appreciated.  I do plan to make some wastelanders for some good fight scenes, but had to settle for just seeing Marrow & Crow on this one.  Soon though...  And I'm always a bit curious about the Stargate shows.  The lore sounds really big and interesting.  You recommend?

Tjolnir wrote:those are some great action shots you got there, like ´em alot. that girl sure knows her balance Laughing though she might wanna watch out for the rear tire not to rip her bald  Razz

great posing by the way, really appreciate that you kept the joints and ankles in the realistic limits of a real human body , nothing screams "plastic doll" more than a head turned 180°(ouch) or feet and hand bend in an impossible way, unless they´re dislocated or broken.

nice painting on the bike as well, gives it a great worn look. last bike i had was part of a collection i snatched ages ago from ebay, though the quality was shoddy at best so it wasn´t a big loss when i couldn´t find it anymore when moving to my current house.

again, great setting and really nice figures

cheers

Thank you Tjolnir!  With Marrow, I usually just go with the idea that no mater how dangerous, she knows what she's doing.  Glad you enjoyed!  And I hear you on the joints.  I really try to make it look as natural as possible, even in extreme poses.  TBL makes it pretty easy, but there were a few shots (mostly dealing with the position of her head) that I had to completely re-arrange because i just couldn't make it look realistic.  And appreciate the kind words on the bike!  It was a lot of fun to finally do, although I can't shake the feeling it needs more work.  No project is ever truly done. Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like I said, looking forward to seeing your new creations.
As for Stargate SG1 ... well, I liked the original Stargate movie well enough, but I didn't give the series the time of day until this month, when I had it playing in the background while doing other tasks... 10 seasons + the follow up arc-closing movie The Ark of Truth. There was plenty of cringe-worthy stuff in it (especially if you know a thing or two about mythology) and some annoying repetitiveness ("We're under fire, let's move"... "I need more time") and minor side-arcs (the worst was the tendency in the first several seasons to have a sort of review what we have gotten into episode -- "and this one time, at Band Camp..." -- towards the end a season!), but it was also a self-deprecating, humorous show that does hook you after a few episodes and you want to see what happens with the characters.

Ovy

Ovy
Great to see your work again. It's funny and badass, the crazy blade photos are my favourites.

The only thing that doesn't work for me is the thick plant life. While it looks very realistic and on scale, it makes the chase look more slow and static. More Lawnmower speed than Mad Max style on a desert highway with blurry background or something like that.

kyekye

kyekye
Looks great!
Reminds me of the 70-80's Heavy Metal magazine cover images!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
One of the things I like about your images is the evident rapport, closeness and trust that clearly exists between Saint Crow and Marrow. The body language says it all.

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Those are so darn cool.

Some of the poses I could totally see Joker and Harley pulling off, too.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Like I said, looking forward to seeing your new creations.
As for Stargate SG1 ... well, I liked the original Stargate movie well enough, but I didn't give the series the time of day until this month, when I had it playing in the background while doing other tasks... 10 seasons + the follow up arc-closing movie The Ark of Truth. There was plenty of cringe-worthy stuff in it (especially if you know a thing or two about mythology) and some annoying repetitiveness ("We're under fire, let's move"... "I need more time") and minor side-arcs (the worst was the tendency in the first several seasons to have a sort of review what we have gotten into episode -- "and this one time, at Band Camp..." -- towards the end a season!), but it was also a self-deprecating, humorous show that does hook you after a few episodes and you want to see what happens with the characters.

I've always been curious about it.  I'm sure a lot of aspects are dated, but it's fascinating that it ran as long is it did, across so many different platforms, and while never hitting the mainstream popularity of some other genre shows, still sustained a loyal fanbase.  It sounds like there are some genuinely cool concepts and a deep fleshed out universe.  It does seem like a lot of fun.

Ovy wrote:Great to see your work again. It's funny and badass, the crazy blade photos are my favourites.

The only thing that doesn't work for me is the thick plant life. While it looks very realistic and on scale, it makes the chase look more slow and static. More Lawnmower speed  than Mad Max style on a desert highway with blurry background or something like that.

Thanks Ovy!  Unfortunately, I just don't have the skills for blurred backgrounds and speed effects.  I tried to maintain a sense of motion with Marrow's hair blowing, but beyond that, I guess the rest requires some imagination on the part of the viewer.

kyekye wrote:Looks great!
Reminds me of the 70-80's Heavy Metal magazine cover images!

Thank you! I grew up reading those magazines, so it's an undeniable influence.  Glad I could tap into a bit of that magic.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:One of the things I like about your images is the evident rapport, closeness and trust that clearly exists between Saint Crow and Marrow.  The body language says it all.  

That is a HUGE part of what I hope to capture.  Their relationship is interesting, because she's been alone in the wastes so long, she's a little feral, and is so unfamiliar with the feeling of trusting someone, that she's sort of oblivious to how close they actually are.  She's very protective, but will often tell people (and him) she just hasn't figured out if or when she's going to kill him. But if anyone's going to, it'll be her.  Saint Crow on the other hand, makes no effort to hide his complete awe and absolute faith in her. Whenever she talks about probably killing him some day, he just laughs. So hearing that I managed to convey some of the feel of that relationship makes me completely ecstatic.  

PickleMunkey wrote:Those are so darn cool.

Some of the poses I could totally see Joker and Harley pulling off, too.

Thank you!!  There is DEFINITELY some Harley influence in her DNA.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah, so Great to see more from the radio kings world again ! She is really athletic, i don´t want to see the poor Guys / mutants / monsters  she was shooting at . They must be full of holes Laughing

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ephiane wrote:Ah, so Great to see more from the radio kings world again ! She is really athletic, i don´t want to see the poor Guys / mutants / monsters  she was shooting at . They must be full of holes Laughing

Thanks Ephiane! I really do need to put together some generic wastelanders for these fight scenes. For now, I'll have to leave the gory aftermath to your imagination. But I think what you're picturing is pretty spot on. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Since I'm into old (as in ancient) stuff, maybe I'm the wrong guy to ask, but if you are worried SG1 would be dated, you would be pleasantly surprised -- I almost didn't feel it being dated.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another amazing thread! This time featuring Saint Crow and Marrow! fantastic action and movement captured in the pics, even down to Marrows hair blowing with the movement of the bike! bounce .
I also love the after chase shots of the two of them taking a breather before moving on. Excellent stuff! Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum