OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Empty Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:38 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
If you're just checking in on the post-apocalyptic world of The Radio Kings, and want to start with a bit of background and read in the order the characters were introduced:

Saint Crow: 1st of the Radio Kings - https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t149-saint-crow-1st-of-the-radio-kings-post-apocalyptic-warlord-king-s-currency-wasteland-salvaged-records-turntable-and-speakers-megapost

Marrow: The Deathblessed - https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t545-marrow-the-deathblessed-from-the-world-of-the-radio-kings

Kit and her garage workshop - https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1296-kit-and-garage-workshop-from-the-world-of-the-radio-kings

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren015_orig

Wren never intends for things to turn out the way that they do.  Things just have a way of getting out of hand.  Sometimes she even starts out with the best intentions, even if everything invariably goes wrong.  

An excellent tracker, survivalist, marksman, and gunfighter, she had a natural affinity and love for all of these since she was young.  But while these skills made her a valuable asset to the community she grew up in, they were offset with an unchecked wildness and complete disregard for any rules or authority.  At 15 she had worn out almost any goodwill she had left in town, and set out into the wastelands to make her way in the world.  

For the last seven years, it would be hard to say how the scales would balance, if you weighed the good she's done against the trouble she's brought about.  She's fast to sign on for the right cause, and has no hesitation to help someone in need, although with little to no regard for the consequences.  She has a rowdy charisma that's infectious, and it's hard for anyone not to be swept up in her reckless charm.  And that is where it all starts.  Any money or good fortune she gets her hands on is immediately converted to drink, drugs, and debauchery, and anyone with her swept up in the revelry.  She can't help it, she just seems to incite everyone around her to indulge well past where they ordinarily would, and events seem to accelerate with a mad and uncontrollable momentum, often to some catastrophic conclusion.  Fights and property damage, along with mountains of unpaid gambling debts and bar tabs have led to multiple bounties out for her, and keep her constantly on the move.  Even the good she's done has earned her a number of enemies out for revenge.

So when Wren arrives at Transmission Hold with pursuers close behind, Saint Crow has no choice but to figure out how best to deal with the chaos in her wake.

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren001_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren002_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren003_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren004_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren005_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren006_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren007_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren008_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren009_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren010_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren011_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren012_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren013_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren014_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren015_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren016_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren017_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren018_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren019_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren020_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren021_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren022_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren023_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren024_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren025_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren026_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren027_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren028_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren029_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren030_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren031_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren032_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren033_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren034_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren035_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren036_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren037_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren038_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren039_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren040_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren041_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren042_orig

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings Wren043_orig

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome! So glad to see more from the world of the Radio Kings. I knew you wouldn’t disappoint, Rev. Great photos and character background. Love her Slaughterhouse Princess T. Perfect use of the accessories and head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great to have you back, good Reverend. And with a great new character -- both masked and unmasked. She does look like plenty of trouble, and somehow everything fits so well... from the booze to the chicken wire. And that cork is lovely (is it actually functional?). All in all, beautifully conceived, executed, and presented. I expect (and hope) soon enough we'll get to see more of her interacting with the Radio Kings.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Very nice kitbash, I like it. I am instantly reminded of Fallout New Vegas for some reason

brassco

brassco
when did Cara D took these photos? She should sue you if you hadn't gotten her permission to publish these...oh wait...they're 1/6th!!!

Ephiane

Ephiane
She´s so beautiful ! Great Character Background and some of the poses You give her are really epic. Slautherhouse princess Laughing, cool. I always in awe of all the fantastic items. A bottle with a cork to open Shocked and her shoulder Pad is great

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Another cool ass steampunk character! Those full body shots are great, and still amazed by the amount of accessories - I can only imagine how much that entire gear/weapon set would cost by default, but it's hard to tell because you do such a great job of combining it with your own craftsmanship.

Also, curious if some of these were shot at night or behind something that blocked out the sun? Or did you actually build the base set using dirt/leaves from outside?

Ovy

Ovy
Yay you did it again. Cowboy hat and modern Gas mask really work out pretty badass.
I think she would also look great with an oversized Kevlar west (maybe full of buttons) and an oversized dusty long coat. Maybe for an aged version of her (or her big sister. Or her mom) This one looks like a teenage Cara Delevingne. Let's hope those Pythons don't break her (uncovered) wrists!

But I half expected a villain by now, maybe a Citadel Grunt/Bount Hunter/Captain who seeks and destroys old vinyl records. Next time; ;D

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome! So glad to see more from the world of the Radio Kings. I knew you wouldn’t disappoint, Rev. Great photos and character background. Love her Slaughterhouse Princess T. Perfect use of the accessories and head sculpt.

Thank you Stryker!  Pretty proud of how that T came out too.  Maybe I need to make and sell some 1:1 versions...

GubernatorFan wrote:Great to have you back, good Reverend. And with a great new character -- both masked and unmasked. She does look like plenty of trouble, and somehow everything fits so well... from the booze to the chicken wire. And that cork is lovely (is it actually functional?). All in all, beautifully conceived, executed, and presented. I expect (and hope) soon enough we'll get to see more of her interacting with the Radio Kings.

Thank so much Guv!  It's good to be back.  Seeing a ton of fun stuff everyone's been working on!
I've been keeping busy on projects, and trying to slowly work my way through the backlog of figures that need to be photographed and posted. Lots more to come.  I have some cool ideas for photoshoots with Wren, although I may need to do some more background building 1st.

And the cork is totally functional!  I was bugged by how limiting the closed bottles were, so I cut the top off one, and added the cork to the cap and drilled out the neck of the bottle.  I have 3 more I plan to do the same with, hopefully perfecting it as I go.  I realized after shooting these that there weren't  any shots where you could see the open mouth of the bottle, so I'll have to show soon.  But it adds a lot more options for photos like this.  Glad you dig it!

ZeroDelta wrote:Very nice kitbash, I like it. I am instantly reminded of Fallout New Vegas for some reason

Thanks ZeroDelta!  I can definitely see the Fallout: New Vegas vibe, with the western post-apocalyptic aesthetic.  Never did get around to playing it, but love the fallout universe.  Definitely an influence.

brassco wrote:when did Cara D took these photos? She should sue you if you hadn't gotten her permission to publish these...oh wait...they're 1/6th!!!

Lol!  Thank you Brassco!  Yeah, that head is ridiculously photogenic.  I see why there was so much hype for it when it came out.  I actually had a different head on her for a while, but when I tried this one, it just felt way more right.  

Ephiane wrote:She´s so beautiful ! Great Character Background and some of the poses You give her are really epic. Slautherhouse princess Laughing, cool. I always in awe of all the fantastic items. A bottle with a cork to open Shocked and her shoulder Pad is great

Thanks so much Ephiane!  She was so much fun to shoot.  And I'm so glad her shirt went over so well!  It was between that and "Lil' Miss Slaughterhouse".  I wanted something that was almost cutesy but weirdly horrifying, like something you'd find in a backwoods giftshop and be like WTF?

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Another cool ass steampunk character! Those full body shots are great, and still amazed by the amount of accessories - I can only imagine how much that entire gear/weapon set would cost by default, but it's hard to tell because you do such a great job of combining it with your own craftsmanship.

Also, curious if some of these were shot at night or behind something that blocked out the sun? Or did you actually build the base set using dirt/leaves from outside?

Thanks AlKelAstra91!  And I was worried I hadn't given her enough detail.  The trick really is to just buy gear that you can see using whenever you see it, especially if the price is right.  IDK if I actually save any money, but it makes it a lot easier to ignore what it probably costed when you go pull everything together.  That and stockpile any junk, and broken toy pieces you can get your hands on to build with.  Feel like Shovelchop is the king of this.

As for the photos, I usually prefer to shoot in the afternoon till sundown if I'm taking photos outside.  You get the best atmospheric light in the evening, but have to quit when it gets too dark, even if you're not done shooting.  But I also post-process the hell out of stuff to get it as moody as possible (part of why I'm slow as hell posting).  These were all taken in the back yard, by my porch.  I try to add some variety with different props to break things up, but I do wish I had more diverse places to shoot.

Ovy wrote:Yay you did it again. Cowboy hat and modern Gas mask really work out pretty badass.
I think she would also look great with an oversized Kevlar west (maybe full of buttons) and an oversized dusty long coat. Maybe for an aged version of her (or her big sister. Or her mom) This one looks like a teenage Cara Delevingne. Let's hope those Pythons don't break her (uncovered) wrists!

But I half expected a villain by now, maybe a Citadel Grunt/Bount Hunter/Captain who seeks and destroys old vinyl records. Next time; ;D

Thank you Ovy!  Yeah, it's usually hot in the wastes, so everyone is always dressed kinda light.  Not too many long coats of heavy armor.  With her, I wanted to tap in to some of that classic cowgirl imagery, but with a post-apocalyptic feel.  And she won't have any relatives popping up any time soon, as she's come a long way from where she grew up, and has no intention of ever going back.  

I actually have about 4 villains in the works, 3 finished and will be popping up soon.  For 2, I'm trying to figure out the right background for the shoot that I want to introduce them with, 1 I'll probably shoot when my elevator diorama arrives, and and 1 I'm a little stalled on, but should be coming soon.  Although not all completely villains (OK, 2 are pretty flat out evil), they definitely will be causing trouble for Saint Crow and his crew.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love your ability to not only create these stunning and quite complete characters, but also to find a perfect balance (or is it full-scale investment) in both macro (general story/world/feel) and micro (specific detail).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry I'm late to the party -- I have to agree with what's been said already... awesome new character and gorgeous photos! Love the gas mask paired with the western style... a striking and unsettling effect. And of course I recognize those oh-so rair cowboy boots, put to excellent use here. I cannot wait to see her in action with St. Crow's crew, and especially up against the forthcoming villains/antagonists. I'm in suspense waiting for those! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
well, since i'm a sucker for shotguns for as long as i can remember i really like the figure. that shottie is a hottie Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:I love your ability to not only create these stunning and quite complete characters, but also to find a perfect balance (or is it full-scale investment) in both macro (general story/world/feel) and micro (specific detail).

Ah man, thank you so much.  And I think the 2 ideas go hand in hand.  The specifics really define the flavor of the overall world, if that makes sense.  Or at least that's the idea.  I kinda obsess over what the'd be carrying, reading, listening to, because that's what really fleshes them out for me.

skywalkersaga wrote:Sorry I'm late to the party -- I have to agree with what's been said already... awesome new character and gorgeous photos! Love the gas mask paired with the western style... a striking and unsettling effect. And of course I recognize those oh-so rair cowboy boots, put to excellent use here. I cannot wait to see her in action with St. Crow's crew, and especially up against the forthcoming villains/antagonists. I'm in suspense waiting for those! Smile

Thank you Skywalkersaga!  No apologies, the party's just getting started.  And damn, I wish those boots weren't so rare.  I'm still so grateful to GregT on OSW for hooking me up with those. I'm actually spinning this week trying to figure out where to go next.  I have figures I could photograph, scenes I could shoot, or backgrounds to make for even bigger scenes. I need 3 of me.  And I can't wait to share ALL of it.

Tjolnir wrote:well, since i'm a sucker for shotguns for as long as i can remember i really like the figure. that shottie is a hottie Wink

Lol!  Agreed!  And thanks Tjolnir.  I'm a big shotgun fan myself, and it just seemed such a good fit for her.  Subtlety is definitely not her thing. I think that one was made by DAM, and their accessories are always tops.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Totally cool kitbash dude. I love her. She would fit in so much with my own post apocalyptic scenario set in New Mexico.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Totally cool kitbash dude.  I love her.  She would fit in so much with my own post apocalyptic scenario set in New Mexico.  

Thank you PB! Yeah, she really would be a good fit, although she has a tendency to wear out her welcome anywhere pretty quick.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Totally cool kitbash dude.  I love her.  She would fit in so much with my own post apocalyptic scenario set in New Mexico.  

Thank you PB!  Yeah, she really would be a good fit, although she has a tendency to wear out her welcome anywhere pretty quick.  

Well it was this statement that caught my attention

"Wren never intends for things to turn out the way that they do.  Things just have a way of getting out of hand.  Sometimes she even starts out with the best intentions, even if everything invariably goes wrong. "

Kamiko, as I wrote up the original DAZ 3D version has a similar knack for getting into totally weird situations that have even more unexpected plot twists.  What gets her through is her self-assuredness, her incredible luck and her extraordinary sense of danger awareness and her ability to think quickly.  Unfortunately for her, she is also a danger addict, having lived on the knife's edge for too long.  Despite her many attempts to retire and live a quiet and happy life as she gets into her 30's, her basic nature invariably overwhelms her desire for tranquility and she quickly finds trouble. Consequently, DAZ Kamiko moved around a lot.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Great looking figure and a perfect use for that HS. Works so well, you could imagine Cara actually playing her.

CHEERS!

blackpool

blackpool
Another awesome character, I really love all the details in her gear and outfit, that is definitely high level fine postap material (pretty sure dorgmal would be proud!)
Also love the background you built for her, Cara Delevingne is the perfect choice, this headsculpt is my new favorite, and she matches perfectly with the kind hearted rebellous Wren concept.

Now I can't wait to see Saint Crow welcome her and get rid of the ones tracking her! (it's gonna be epic for sure!!!)

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Sorry for the slow reply on these!  I've been pretty MIA lately.  1:1 life has kept me busy this summer, although I'm stiill chipping away at projects.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Thank you PB!  Yeah, she really would be a good fit, although she has a tendency to wear out her welcome anywhere pretty quick.  

"Wren never intends for things to turn out the way that they do.  Things just have a way of getting out of hand.  Sometimes she even starts out with the best intentions, even if everything invariably goes wrong. "

Kamiko, as I wrote up the original DAZ 3D version has a similar knack for getting into totally weird situations that have even more unexpected plot twists.  What gets her through is her self-assuredness, her incredible luck and her extraordinary sense of danger awareness and her ability to think quickly.  Unfortunately for her, she is also a danger addict, having lived on the knife's edge for too long.  Despite her many attempts to retire and live a quiet and happy life as she gets into her 30's, her basic nature invariably overwhelms her desire for tranquility and she quickly finds trouble. Consequently, DAZ Kamiko moved around a lot.

Yeah, Wren and Kamiko would actually get on quite well then!  Sounds like there'a a lot they would bond/commiserate over.  Definitely a crossover I would enjoy seeing, although damn, I almost feel bad for anyone who would get caught up in the absolute chaos they would cause together.

Rogerbee wrote:
Great looking figure and a perfect use for that HS. Works so well, you could imagine Cara actually playing her.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!  Totally agree, I think she'd be so perfect for the part.  Call me Cara, and the part's yours!

blackpool wrote:Another awesome character, I really love all the details in her gear and outfit, that is definitely high level fine postap material (pretty sure dorgmal would be proud!)
Also love the background you built for her, Cara Delevingne is the perfect choice, this headsculpt is my new favorite, and she matches perfectly with the kind hearted rebellous Wren concept.

Now I can't wait to see Saint Crow welcome her and get rid of the ones tracking her! (it's gonna be epic for sure!!!)

Thanks so much Blackpool!  I originally had a different head I was using, but as soon as I swapped to this one, everything just felt right.  And I have a really exciting plan for a scene for when they finally come together.  Going to require a bunch more background building, but  I think is going to be so VERY worth it.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:Sorry for the slow reply on these!  I've been pretty MIA lately.  1:1 life has kept me busy this summer, although I'm stiill chipping away at projects.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Yeah, Wren and Kamiko would actually get on quite well then!  Sounds like there'a a lot they would bond/commiserate over.  Definitely a crossover I would enjoy seeing, although damn, I almost feel bad for anyone who would get caught up in the absolute chaos they would cause together.

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings 48620350182_323a7653f2_c20190825_0047 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko and the girls would love to have Wren and her pals come up for a visit to Kimono Station, the operational base for Kamiko's "K" troop in the Pin Up Patrol. Bring booze, guns and ammo, and any old records you have lying around.

Allotropos

Allotropos
total and utter badass.
Most excellent addition to the Radio Kings world !
Thanks for sharing !

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! now Wren looks like she can handle herself in a tough situation! and let's be fair, who doesn't doesn't love a cowgirl chick?? Great mix of kit and gear, I really love the hat and holsters.
Wren is a seriously cool lady!

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic character. Love the mix of western and post apocalyptic!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cool looking gal, as some others have said I like the western like fashion with the post apocalyptic stuff.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is my second favorite female character (after Marrow) from the Radio Kings. She reminds me of so many of the “biker chicks” I see out there on the road.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wren - From the World of the Radio Kings C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum