OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface - Page 2 Empty Phicen / TBLeague M35 Silicon Tearing Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 16:01

OdityOdes

Apologies if I'm not on the right forum/subforum but anyways...
Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this?
NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface - Page 2 Img20211
NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface - Page 2 Img20210
I bought this Phicen/TBLeague M35 doll mainly for drawing purposes 3 months ago and I will admit I'm not great on regularly taking care of it. I left it lying on my table for a few weeks when I took a break with drawing. After I got back to it, I posed the doll a little bit, not realizing it was creating cracks at the back. I'm not sure what caused this but I'm assuming this was because of the silicon rubber being dried up since I haven't cleaned it for a while. I washed it up water and it seems fine to pose now. However, the damage is still there and I'm really upset on how noticeable it is.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I don't think there is a way to repair it. Get a new one, but try to learn from prior experience what caused this in the first place. Was the figure in a curled up position stretching these parts while it was resting on the table for weeks? Had you tried to clean it with anything other than soap and water? Was it already very tacky and you had not applied protective powder? The only thing similar to this I have witnessed is when I had a body part flexed while applying MarkAll markers to the surface -- it created a bunch of little round pits and holes in the stretched part of the surface. Not sure it was the same thing, but it is possible your figure came into contact with something that was part of the same substance. The good news is that it is likely that the damage would not get any worse (provided you treat the figure carefully, wash it and apply protective powder); display it clothed so you don't see the damage.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Hello and welcome. So sorry to see the damage to your m35. To understand what's happened to it, it might help to know a bit more about the conditions its been in. If it has been left lying out in the open air, exposed to heat/moisture/sunlight, it could be partly due to that. As GubernatorFan noted, it can also sometimes happen if you leave it in a particular pose for too long, or if it has come into contact with some kind of corrosive substance. Likewise, if the protective powder it came with has worn off, it will be more susceptible to damage. When you're not using the body, it's probably best to pack it away and store it somewhere (either back in its original box, or in a cupboard, or sealed in a ziploc bag or something) in a neutral position. I realise that's not helpful for the present circumstances, but hopefully will prevent the same thing occuring in future.

OdityOdes

Aw, I see. I was hoping a silicon rubber adhesive would fix it. But thank you for the response anyways.
I used to just wash the body with water whenever it gets to dusty, and then coat it with starch to remove stickiness. Other than that, I don't think I have applied anything else.
As for the position, I was aware of never leaving the body in extreme poses and so I left it in a neutral A-pose, lying horizontally on the table- thinking nothing bad would happen other than dust accumulating aha...
And as for the environment, I just left the body on a table in my bedroom. Not exposed to sunlight. I'm not sure about the temperature and moisture inside my room, but what I know is I live in a tropical country- normally 31°C outside and the room only uses a spinning fan. Not sure if that's helpful.

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
All right Mr. SCHWARZENEGGER, just spread your legs apart and this will be all over soon *snap goes the latex gloves*

Sorry couldn't help it. But humidity isn't that friendly to silicone and will cause cracks, rips, and tears to the TBLeague Bodies overtime 😐😑😫

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wouldn’t wash it too often if I were you. There’s no telling how many times you can successfully do so before removing any natural/necessary oils in the material. Use a makeup brush (obviously one just for this purpose) to brush off any excess lint. The only reason to wash them is if you plan to color them or they get stained. Otherwise, it really shouldn’t be necessary.

And as thegreatshaggy said, humidity (too high or too low), and sunlight, are death to these things.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, if you need to remove lint from the body, you can use masking tape or something to gently pick it up. If any of the protective powder comes off during the process, just add it back afterward (I use a soft makeup brush to apply the powder).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

venator5

venator5
I don't think there is a solution, once the silicon is lost it's flexibility it is done for.

venator5

venator5
In my observation it is caused by lubricant sealing failure.

Somewhere inside the lubricant started to leake, which first discolored the figure.

I suppose that you keept the figure in standing position, If that is true then we have an answer to the leg, most likelly the lubricant poured down by gravity and the silicon got damaged and lost it's flexibility.

since by time to time you used and posed the figure later on the leakage is increased as probably the damaged seal is opened further causing the damage on the arms, upper torso.

For me it is seems like eighter factory or other damage like dropping the figure on hard material. (Not necessary your fault)

Sad to have an issue like this.

30NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface - Page 2 Empty So sad, will miss them Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 17:41

Melancholia

I noticed tearing in a couple of my oldest bodies.  It's very disappointing.  Also, the staining, even though I use a dye retainer on all my dark clothes.  But I have too many bodies as is, so, bye bye old girls...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum