OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

skywalkersaga

GeeWillikers -- I did think it was perhaps the s33b type when I first saw it, but now I think it looks like a different, more busty one as you say. It seems similar if not the exact same shape as the Kier Valkyrie figure. I actually really like the bodies on both of these Court of the Dead figures, and I'm trying to figure out if they will ever show up as loose bodies, or if they are going to remain forever exclusive to these joint Sideshow releases. If so, that would be disappointing, since while I really like the more voluptuous shape on these, the fact that they both have such specific and distinguishing modifications [the wing stumps on the back of the Kier, and the tattoos on this one] make it a bit tricky for me to use them as base bodies for customs.

gunm

This is cool! I think the hips might be a tad too narrow though? I don't think TBleague will do the other characters because those don't really fit their seamless human body series--those are more monster/skeleton type figures.

skywalkersaga

I've been seeing this one parted out on ebay recently, so I'm guessing will soon be available...

FreakinLobster

I hope I can get her in around 2 months. I couldn't PO her at the time and now my hobby budget for this month and the next one is kinda blown, since my country's currency keeps plummeting, making this hobby even more expensive (..of course, because why not, right? >=| ). Hope that till then, my country gets its sheet together and our currency gets up at least a bit... and I still find it in-stock on HK based stores for cheaper shipping and a better chance to not get import fees and stuff.

And I hope the Osteomancer Xiall is the next, if there's gonna be one.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OMG!!! Exciting! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aww man! So cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 C8485110

MrMcFox

Oooo, where was she ordered from? Mine's still awaiting fulfillment.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very nice! Can't wait for the in hand pics. A friend of mine ordered one too. Already told her it is close to release Smile

brassco

brassco
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 01
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 02
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 03
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 04

Main contents, 2 layers. An additional box for the base and some other accessories. 

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 05
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 06
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 07
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 08
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 09

The first time, i believe, TB League comes up with a body with tattoos! As the question for whether it will last, only time will tell...
My phone camera couldn't really capture the color tone of the body...more like light-greyish skin tone. A kinda dead body tone, like those zombies shows...the promo pictures is better.
oh yes, the bra and the bottom couldn't be taken off, without cutting them... i think. But i saw sellers parting out for sale...maybe i'll try harder...

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 10
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 11
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 12
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 13

A sculpted hair HS...TBLeague is losing me more. I will not make another purchase, if i don't see rooted hair...everything for me must be realistic...Nice, aggressive expression though, didn't see any shadows of their former HSs...

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 14
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 16
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 17
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 18
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 19
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 20
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 21
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 22
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 23
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 24
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 25
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 26
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 27
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 28

The headwear, at first, couldn't be put on the HS easily. I tried to put it on by going thru the head chin up instead, but still couldn't. Then i tried again, and succeeded doing it the normal way.

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 29
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 30
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 31
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 32
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 33
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 34
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 35
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 36
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 37
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 38

Any posture, other than standard standing with standing foot instead of using high heels type, will have a problem positioning the figure on the base. There was a adjustable stand, to be attached to the base, to stabilize the figure, but i never like to use those stand anyway, so i did a 3-point balanced for the figure.
The wrap skirt does not have any fastener, like buttons or Velcro. I just tried to use the right hand to press onto it, for it to stay nicely on the body...

Generally, i like this product because of the unique skin tone, and the HS, with a different expression other than those already released. Quite a nice collection to join my queens of the underworld!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the pics and unboxing review, brassco! She looks good! Smile 

The tattoos are neat. I really like this voluptuous body shape, along with the previous body on the Kier figure. Wish they'd put some more out like this in normal skintone as well. 

While I understand wanting 'real hair' in principle, in this case I don't share your annoyance at the sculpted hair, since the figure is meant to be displayed with the headdress, so any rooted hair would just be mostly covered up [if not also messed up] by it. Also, I am presuming that the sculpted hair is almost entirely to do with the fact that it's co-produced by Sideshow, and is likely not tbleague's fault. I suppose the hairs could have been sculpted finer and more realistically, but that's another thing you do often get with Sideshow sculpts, so I don't find it all that surprising. 

Overall I think the Kier figure is perhaps the more striking of the two [it was one of my fave 1/6 figures of last year, hands-down], but this one seems like a very nice follow-up.

brassco

brassco
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 IMG-20200523-154241

Ladies of the underworld...all with different skin colors!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice!!! I am envious of that collection! :'')

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Lovely figure, Brassco!
I hope TBL will offer suntan/pale versions of that body.
Btw, what do you mean by "3-point balance"?

brassco

brassco
rollotomasi wrote:Lovely figure, Brassco!
I hope TBL will offer suntan/pale versions of that body.
Btw, what do you mean by "3-point balance"?

balanced using both feet and a hand.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool looking figure. The face reminds me of Jane Russell (for you youngsters out there who may not be familiar, she was an actress from the 40s-50s). Great collection. I used a different stand setup (with the included base) for Kier, as she kept falling over in the cabinet. Drove me nuts. Looking forward to getting this.

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the review and photos, brassco! Your collection looks great and this is a fine addition to it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:The face reminds me of Jane Russell 

I can totally see it! Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Great pics brassco! She photographs well.

Stryker2011 wrote:The face reminds me of Jane Russell

Heh, not just the face. Laughing

Seriously, it's a great figure (with a great figure, etc). My finances are squeezed right now, but even so I might have to spring for this.

My only real concern is how those tattoos will hold up under posing.

I'm at a point where - although I do still want more ethnic variants straight out of the box - I'm less bothered about skintone with these TBL's now, because with the right lighting you can make them look pretty much however you want (so long as it's still along the caucasian scale). In brassco's photos Gethsemoni could pass for fair-skinned.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeW — yeah, I’ve said it before, but this is one of the body shapes I wish they would, at the very least, release in their standard skin tone colours. But I do wonder if they have some kind of exclusive agreement with Sideshow about that ...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:GeeW — yeah, I’ve said it before, but this is one of the body shapes I wish they would, at the very least, release in their standard skin tone colours. But I do wonder if they have some kind of exclusive agreement with Sideshow about that ...

Yeah, this and the Keir body are both really nice (I prefer them to the new 34/35 and 37 bodies). I'm thinking (hoping) that even if TBL do have an exclusivity deal, they'll sneak out some slightly tweaked versions further down the line to swerve the issue...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I prefer them too! I can’t really tell a huge difference between this one and the kier body and presumed they were more or less the same mold — but either way, I like them both. The curves and overall voluptuous-ness seems the most naturalistic to me.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
They could be the same body, but Keir looks slightly less voluptuous and a little more muscly to me. But then again that could just be down to how their respective costumes fit and shape the body, or even just lighting/skintoning and how that plays with perception.

Either way, I'll take two in suntan please Smile

brassco

brassco
sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 IMG-20200528-154143

i don't often pose a figure from the back...but this is too beautiful not to do so!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous!!!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The tattoos look cool. Damn, I wish I knew how they did that. (They’re fairly glossy it seems, so I wonder if they are some form of decal.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, in this case they do seem like they are applied on top of the silicone, rather than being part of it.

desertdragon

desertdragon
A little late to the party, but Gethsemoni just arrived here, and I just wanted to post some hero shots of her... I absolutely love this piece - she's gorgeously executed by TBL, and quite faithful to Sideshow's premium format Gethsemoni... and forgive all of the rear shots, but holy mother of Zeus she rocks the finest ass TBL has ever sculpted Smile Hope these do her justice...

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse12

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse11

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse13

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse14

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse15

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse16

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse19

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse18

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse17

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse22

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse21

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse20

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse23

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse24

sideshow - NEW PRODUCT: Tbleague x SIDESHOW New: 1/6 Court of the Dead: Gethsemoni The Dead Queen action figure (PL2019-147) - Page 2 Gethse25

brassco

brassco
late to the party? no, with your pictures, the party just started!!

Gorgeous pictures that truely brings out the beauty of this figure. I am seriously thinking of getting a real camera...unless you tell me you are only using a phone to do that!

edit: sorry, i should refer this to be an After-party!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum