OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you paint your TBLeague bodies to make it have a different skin color

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DMAN970

DMAN970
I want to change the skin color of a TBLeague figure I bought.

I was wondering if Acrylic paint is good enough to do it, Is it?

Ovy

Ovy
Acrylics will be a mess, use oil pastels. Before I start explaining, this is the ultimate thread to go to:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies

DMAN970

DMAN970
So there is something thanks so much!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
To answer your acrylic paint question — it will stick, yes. But it also leaves a shine and you’d have to pick your pose beforehand, and paint it in that pose — the second you touch it, or try to repose it, the paint will crack and stretch. So, technically, it doesn’t work — tried it on a VERY small section of a pre-clothed figure, and I wouldn’t recommend it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Can you paint your TBLeague bodies to make it have a different skin color C8485110

DMAN970

DMAN970
Imma use Oil Pastels so I can make my Apollo Creed Scale Figure I have the body and I should be able to get the head sculpt soon.

So I will be able to color both the head and the body with Pastels

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I've never tried using oil pastels on a headsculpt before.... not sure how well those would stick? You can use acrylic paint on the head, and oil pastels on the body. All you have to do is just make sure you colour the body first, and then mix the acrylics to the right colour to match. It's much easier to match it doing it in that order than the other way around, I have found. 

Unless you mean you will be using oil pastels on the body, but soft/chalk pastels on the head -- in that case, it would work fine, presuming you using a spray sealant on the chalk pastels. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

DMAN970

DMAN970
Yeah imma go ahead and use Acrylic Paint on the head.
I still can't get over Oil Pastels working on the body. It's because I just found Skin Color Oil Pastels Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome! Hope you will eventually share the results with us. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

DMAN970

DMAN970
Yes I will Smile

DMAN970

DMAN970
This is an Off Topic question but should I use my TBLEAGUE body and Oil Pastels for a Apollo Creed or a Dwayne Johnson scale figure?

After hearing about the Rock's father and seeing a video about how he felt recently it would be nice if I did something out of respect and admiration for The Rock

Which one should I make?

P.S. I also asked this because I am very indecisive

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well... you could do both. Do use oil pastels on the body but not on anything hard plastic (they will remain permanently on the silicone but they will rub off of harder plastic). And for the future, keep in mind to stick to TBLeague when coloring with oil pastels, as Jiaou's seamless surface (which is TPE as opposed to silicone) tends to tear up during the painting, and the tears show and are impossible to fix; so TBLeague is the better bet.

One more thing... make sure you are using non-water-soluble oil pastels -- as those would wash off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum