OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
First: This was inspired by onethousandmasks on SSF: Thanks brother for starting this off. Your Wolverine came out Fantastic!!  I decided to go with the M34 so a variety of options can be seen and done, if those who wish to do this.  You will also see the new with M34 custom next to the old M30 custom.  Please enjoy the pictures, there are over 20 of them. Feel free to ask questions.

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099376952_21b36c138a_bDSC09909 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099822503_1878f301f4_bDSC09910 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100088475_14f62898cf_bDSC09911 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099822433_d040b4a4a3_bDSC09912 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099362739_67e88a24ef_bDSC09913 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099822348_e72ae75114_bDSC09914 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100088340_5d01deb205_bDSC09915 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099362669_3658d0bd0c_bDSC09916 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100088280_e3bf2f09f1_bDSC09917 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099376747_4e4e1548f0_bDSC09918 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099822228_7a5e78d6ea_bDSC09919 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099280306_94e2ec3fe9_bDSC09920 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099280291_f43a48ec7a_bDSC09921 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100088160_08d6bc8530_bDSC09922 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099822153_97e6b3a457_bDSC09923 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099822138_720de66a7e_bDSC09924 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099362519_41e1a653ed_bDSC09926 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100088110_564ef990ec_bDSC09927 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100088090_6f012309ff_bDSC09928 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099376557_6382a11c0b_bDSC09929 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099280091_c95f1d649a_cDSC09930 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a brave and adventurous thing to shorten the stature of a precious TBLeague body. Is that him next to an earlier custom using the M30 body? (I was going to suggest that could have been a way to get around the shortening.) Anyway, he came out great and works well with your other figures.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:It is a brave and adventurous thing to shorten the stature of a precious TBLeague body. Is that him next to an earlier custom using the M30 body? (I was going to suggest that could have been a way to get around the shortening.) Anyway, he came out great and works well with your other figures.

Thanks buddy. This was definitely my first attempt at doing anything like this. I saw it done on SSF forum and it looked pretty freaking cool. It's always my goal to have the best representation for all my characters and this was the way to get that done. I'll still keep my M30 custom. but hat body just wouldn't get me the bulk needed to replace the Sideshow original body in the tiger strip costume.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Had to take some pictures with the claws out, right? Enjoy. FYI The right boot sleeve it backward. Sorry about that. Corrected now but not before these pictures.

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100636530_bff547e6c3_bDSC09931 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099927422_4825db825d_bDSC09932 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100373268_cbeac1c0a7_bDSC09933 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100373243_8ee7804662_bDSC09934 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099910279_5265e81482_bDSC09935 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099910249_940fa03a80_bDSC09936 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099910224_9763768fe6_bDSC09937 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099927237_8b90873730_bDSC09938 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100373168_305ea81403_bDSC09939 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51100636300_e47264c806_bDSC09940 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 51099910144_69ba67bca3_bDSC09941 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great upgrade, he came out great! I admire your bravery for shopping down the figure Shocked I don't think I would have tried that Laughing . It paid off though, he looks awesome.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He turned out so awesome! The modification worked brilliantly. And I love all those poses at the end!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
They look great!! I was skeptical at first, since the shortened leg seems out of proportion, but with the boots it clearly works! Well done!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:They look great!! I was skeptical at first, since the shortened leg seems out of proportion, but with the boots it clearly works! Well done!

In principle, that is true, although the footwear can make up a lot of the difference.

Nice poses, AFM.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:
Diana wrote:They look great!! I was skeptical at first, since the shortened leg seems out of proportion, but with the boots it clearly works! Well done!

In principle, that is true, although the footwear can make up a lot of the difference. 

Nice poses, AFM.

That is true and this Wolverine almost has cartoon feet, if they were any bigger.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
while i'm not really into the source material i gotta say "hats off" to having the balls cutting down such an expensive body. plus it turned out great as well, making it all the more worthwhile. tried to cut down a neck once, to no real avail only costing some nerves and regrets in the end.
so all the more respect for this procedure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that turned out really cool for such a risky operation. Nicely done. Holy Cow! I can't believe how big "Unstoppable" is.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great upgrade, he looks more superhero like with that new body.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sideshow Wolverine M34 TbLeague body Swap and Mod (Make Shorter) 1f60e

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
BAMComix wrote:Great upgrade, he came out great! I admire your bravery for shopping down the figure Shocked  I don't think I would have tried that Laughing . It paid off though, he looks awesome.

skywalkersaga wrote:He turned out so awesome! The modification worked brilliantly. And I love all those poses at the end!

Tjolnir wrote:while i'm not really into the source material i gotta say "hats off" to having the balls cutting down such an expensive body. plus it turned out great as well, making it all the more worthwhile. tried to cut down a neck once, to no real avail only costing some nerves and regrets in the end.
so all the more respect for this procedure.

Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that turned out really cool for such a risky operation. Nicely done. Holy Cow! I can't believe how big "Unstoppable" is.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Great upgrade, he looks more superhero like with that new body.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have to give credit where credit is due and that is to onethousandmasks on SSF. He did the cool thing first. It was easy to try it after seeing that it could be done and the results were fantastic. I would have never even thought to cut the legs down, After seeing his, it made sense. So away i went. Happy you all liked it. Being willing to cut a skeleton down on the Phicen body, sure does open more possibilities to make even cooler custom, huh?

Thanks again to all. I love this forum and get the most love here. Thank you.

sandman1

sandman1
Great job!! This is why I can`t make myself buy new figures, I take them apart every time!!
I applaud your bravery in all your work, and have enjoyed all of your customs!
The old sideshow body looks interesting....any idea what the going rate is on one of those?
(or if you might ever want to sell one )
BTW, I have seen your work on the other sites, and yes, this seems to be the friendliest. I really have
to get some of my work on here....

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
sandman1 wrote:Great job!! This is why I can`t make myself buy new figures, I take them apart every time!!
I applaud your bravery in all your work, and have enjoyed all of your customs!
The old sideshow body looks interesting....any idea what the going rate is on one of those?
(or if you might ever want to sell one )
BTW, I have seen your work on the other sites, and yes, this seems to be the friendliest. I really have
to get some of my work on here....

Thanks so much my friend. I appreciate it very much. I'm gonna guess we are quite a bit alike. I never throw away anything and really have no problem taking a figure apart if I think I can make it better for stop-motion animating. I already have plans for this wolverine body.

This forum is great and I have to admit that there are more commenting recently on SSF. OSW gets a few now and then, but mostly they are quiet.

Please start posting your work here. I would love to see it. The talent here is off the chart great. I've learned so much from those willing to share.

Thanks again.
AFM

sandman1

sandman1
Yes, I constantly take figures apart and try to articulate them as much as I can.
Very hard to find resources here in my little corner of the world, and I have never been much of an online ordering type if I can help it.
I find it very hard to justify the prices nowadays compared to when I entered the hobby 16 years ago, if I am just going to take them apart anyway!
Love your work, and your movies, Please keep it up!
And yes, once I actually have more time I will get some pics up.
I am on instagram under adrians1966, take a look at a few of them there if you like

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Hey brother,
You got made skills. Love your Customs. Topnotch indeed. Definitely post your pictures here. I think people here will be blown away. Great work.

sandman1

sandman1
Thanks!
I saw that you checked them out!
I will one of these days.... I promise.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
sandman1 wrote:Thanks!

Your Baymax Hulk Buster was Brilliantly executed. Details on that when you post pictures will be GREAT. Great work again buddy.

BAMComix

BAMComix
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:

Your Baymax Hulk Buster was Brilliantly executed. Details on that when you post pictures will be GREAT. Great work again buddy.

Is there a link to these pics?

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
BAMComix wrote:

Here you go.
https://www.instagram.com/adrians1966/

BAMComix

BAMComix
BAMComix wrote:

Here you go.
https://www.instagram.com/adrians1966/

bounce bounce bounce Thanks for the link! I have just started to follow on insta bounce bounce bounce

sandman1

sandman1
Thanks for the assist! I don't usually get a chance to visit during the week.
I have in progress pic's, so I will start a new thread and stop hijacking yours!
Thanks again!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
sandman1 wrote:Thanks for the assist! I don't usually get a chance to visit during the week.
I have in progress pic's, so I will start a new thread and stop hijacking yours!
Thanks again!

No problem buddy. My pleasure. I don't mind if you post here. Your got skills that should be shown. So do here or wherever you like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum