OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ADD TOYS War Wolves Back (muscle version)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, that's quite a resource for smaller male headsculpts, GF. Will have to come back to use as reference in future.

Just trying to be helpful. As long as no one expects me to upload all these photos Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Well, it's VERY helpful! And don't worry, no pics needed -- you provided plenty of info to go off with just the descriptions. Thanks for that. Smile

Joe Friday

I almost ordered one of these a while back. I have been looking on eBay for one of these bodies and can only find the clothed body version. I was wanting to get this hairy seamless body and actually root body hair onto the belly, chest and armpits.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Well, it's VERY helpful! And don't worry, no pics needed -- you provided plenty of info to go off with just the descriptions. Thanks for that. Smile

You're welcome, I'm glad it's useful.

Joe Friday wrote:I almost ordered one of these a while back. I have been looking on eBay for one of these bodies and can only find the clothed body version. I was wanting to get this hairy seamless body and actually root body hair onto the belly, chest and armpits.

I haven't seen any of these parted out on eBay yet, but I'm sure it will happen. Toys Anxiety had parted it out, and hopefully it will again. In case that was not apparent in the photos, perhaps strangely, there was no armpit hair painted on. Come to think of it, I wonder what kind of glue is best for attaching additional hair to such bodies. Silicone glue would make sense, but I don't think we ever found out what Ephiane used for her customs, and she definitely did what you are intending to do.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
I asked a well known hair rooted what kind of glue he would use and he said Rocket glue. He then said he'd touch it up with some matte sealer just in case the glue left a glossy sheen to it.
But I believe I failed to mention to him that the body was not going to be your standard hard plastic material. I wonder if that would make a difference.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Joe Friday wrote:I asked a well known hair rooted what kind of glue he would use and he said Rocket glue. He then said he'd touch it up with some matte sealer just in case the glue left a glossy sheen to it.
But I believe I failed to mention to him that the body was not going to be your standard hard plastic material. I wonder if that would make a difference.

Well, it is silicone (I think)... I haven't tried superglue on it, but when I used to paint the nipples on TBLeague bodies with acrylics and later on with silc pig (silicone pigment), I would mix that with silicone glue (sold in Hardware stores for purposes similar to caulking, etc). It did allow a better bond, although you could still pick it off if you wanted to. Perhaps it would be appropriate for this purpose, too. If one were to paint hairs onto the silicone surface, I wonder if applying oil paint with a tiny brush and then rubbing it in with a q-tip might work (since oil pastels would be difficult to sharpen (and keep from constantly breaking) to such a fine point.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I tried a spray matte finish sealer on a TBL body (after test painting with acrylic in an area that wouldn’t show) — under NO circumstances will this work! I repeat: do not do this! The aerosol acted like a flame/or even a freezing agent, as the skin blistered and open cavities appeared.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

productreview - ADD TOYS War Wolves Back (muscle version) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yikes, that's intense. Thanks for the warning!

ETA: Regarding adding hair -- I recall some old threads about making custom ahm... 'merkins' for some of the female figures, and I think all that was used was double sided tape, to which was stuck some hair [whether lamb hair or synthetic, I have no idea]. Of course, the double sided tape thing only works if you have 'patches' of hair, so wouldn't do for overall body hair. But that's the only method I've seen of actually sticking hair directly onto the silicone bodies. ;p 

I'm quite dubious about the success of using glue on the silicone in any large amounts, though maybe it's just my own unsuccessful experiments talking. Maybe Ephiane might be able to assist, since as others have mentioned she is the seamless body transformation sorceress! ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
Does Ephiane frequent these forums?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, she certainly does — she just hasn’t been posting as much lately.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I'm very impressed with realistic looking body. The "hair" paint apps, looks just about perfect for me, Worldbox could learn a thing or two from that.

Apologies if i missed it in your write up, so he's also rubber below the waist?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:I'm very impressed with realistic looking body. The "hair" paint apps, looks just about perfect for me, Worldbox could learn a thing or two from that.

Apologies if i missed it in your write up, so he's also rubber below the waist?

I am impressed with the same thing, too. If you zoom in closely enough, you can see it is not quite as realistic or as dense as the real thing, but from mid-distance the hair effect works really well. Worldbox at least tried, and their second try was better than the first, but yes, this is possibly better yet. TBLeague and Jiaou can learn even more from this (except when it comes to sturdiness and articulation, where they are better). Smile

It is a perfectly seamless body just like a TBLeague or a Jiaou -- that is to say up to the neck (or rather head) line, then down to the wrists, and just below the ankles. So yes, the "rubber" (or whatever it really is) does go on below the waist. Unfortunately, the painted/printed hair effect does not (except for the pubic area, where it does).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's frustrating...he should have hairy legs as well, lol! ;p

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The body looks cool, the head as you said is a bit big plus I personally feel like it doesn't go well with the body.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! productreview - ADD TOYS War Wolves Back (muscle version) - Page 2 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:That's frustrating...he should have hairy legs as well, lol! ;p

Yes, I know, it's the principle of the thing! I'm considering solutions...

Theboo-bomb wrote:The body looks cool, the head as you said is a bit big plus I personally feel like it doesn't go well with the body.

To be honest, I'm not exactly loving either sculpt, although for once I think my zoomed-in photos make them look better than in hand (just a feeling). They are nevertheless very well made, and this impresses me from this new company. Perhaps because I wasn't so interested in this as a portrait of the character as much as a potential new seamless body alternative, it doesn't bother me too much. I appreciate the "pros" of the body, but I am disappointed in the "cons." If we can call them "pros" and "cons," which isn't quite right either, but I think you know what I mean.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I think he looks very cool. I like the Cruise head better than Logan. Also seem a step up body wise.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:I think he looks very cool. I like the Cruise head better than Logan. Also seem a step up body wise.

Thanks, I thought so too.

asgardianboy

Thanks to everyone involved for your insight, that Tropic Thunder flick, which I wasn't aware of, being the most precious!! OMG!!

My 2c concerning:

- the ADD Toys War Wolves body: as far as internal proportions go, there is something very wrong about this body, and it is not only the heads being way too big... It is the legs. Way too long and thin for a dude of this caliber. Don't you think guys? Just look at the body as a whole on one of those pictures and you'll see.
BTW: can anybody report on colour matchability of this body with common headsculpts? The Tom Cruise is clearly paler than the WW body. Even the original Wolverine head is not a perfect match (too yellow wrt the body).

- TBLeague in general: even if they have come a long way on male bodies (the only iterations I have witnessed, I got too late to the party with female bodies), I would only consider the latest entries as more or less realistic. I mean M34, M35 and the 2 M36s. From there backwards, I find them lacking even when compared to older entries such as Hot Toys Hell Boy, which in my view still is breathtakingly realistic and a benchmark for seamless bodies. Then, there are other issues that seem to be unsurmountable, such as nonexistent nipples, long-term durability (lower than it seemed, by recent accounts) and above all, overall body colours. Not that I am an expert, but after some years loosely monitoring these things, I still have to see a picture showing a perfect match of a Phicen male body with an off-the-shelf head sculpt, Phicen bodies being way too rosy to match the yellowish skin tone headsculpts usually sport.

I am still waiting for TBLeague to release another milestone fixing these problems and enter a new era. I could use the M33 (for its arms) and the M34/M35, but not until the fix skin colour (which they don't seem to be inclined to do). Meanwhile, and luckily, other players are certainly hitting Phicen hard with nice innovations: this ADD Toys body is way more realistic than any of Phicen's attempts, and the painted details only add to its superior quality. Unlickily, very wrong internal proportions keep me from picking it up. I am dying to buy seamless bodies, but I won't until they are more mature.

- Edation body: I had missed this one! I can't afford it, especially in the light of bad reviews, but in my view, this is the way to go. No visible ankle/wrist articulations is the grial, not a doubt about it in my head. Needless to say, bendy hands have always been the way to go for me too (all those replacement hands in HT figures... :-( ), me hoping that better sculpts and engineering might help bendy hands to become more easy to pose, and above all, realistic when bent (they are not yet). Alas, durability concerns are certainly scary. Losing a whole body because of a single finger's rubber cover breaking, would be too much to swallow. On the light side, the benefits sound like a wet dream: poses with bent feet (if shoes are flexible enough to allow this), any hand pose achievable (for increased expressivity), no seams in sight... wow......
I do hope Edation further iterates their bodies. And if anyone in the room can shed more light on these, please do!

Finally, I'd like to call your attention on this body

https://bbts1.azureedge.net/images/p/full/2015/12/WOB10010_i.jpg

Has any of you tried it? How good was skin colour match? Is there an actual paintjob on the seamless arm sleeves? What about articulation? And durability?

Thanks everyone!!!
Greetings,
m.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
asgardianboy wrote:Thanks to everyone involved for your insight, that Tropic Thunder flick, which I wasn't aware of, being the most precious!! OMG!!

- the ADD Toys War Wolves body: as far as internal proportions go, there is something very wrong about this body, and it is not only the heads being way too big... It is the legs. Way too long and thin for a dude of this caliber. Don't you think guys? Just look at the body as a whole on one of those pictures and you'll see.
BTW: can anybody report on colour matchability of this body with common headsculpts? The Tom Cruise is clearly paler than the WW body. Even the original Wolverine head is not a perfect match (too yellow wrt the body).

- TBLeague in general: even if they have come a long way on male bodies (the only iterations I have witnessed, I got too late to the party with female bodies), I would only consider the latest entries as more or less realistic. I mean M34, M35 and the 2 M36s. From there backwards, I find them lacking even when compared to older entries such as Hot Toys Hell Boy, which in my view still is breathtakingly realistic and a benchmark for seamless bodies. Then, there are other issues that seem to be unsurmountable, such as nonexistent nipples, long-term durability (lower than it seemed, by recent accounts) and above all, overall body colours. Not that I am an expert, but after some years loosely monitoring these things, I still have to see a picture showing a perfect match of a Phicen male body with an off-the-shelf head sculpt, Phicen bodies being way too rosy to match the yellowish skin tone headsculpts usually sport.

I am still waiting for TBLeague to release another milestone fixing these problems and enter a new era. I could use the M33 (for its arms) and the M34/M35, but not until the fix skin colour (which they don't seem to be inclined to do). Meanwhile, and luckily, other players are certainly hitting Phicen hard with nice innovations: this ADD Toys body is way more realistic than any of Phicen's attempts, and the painted details only add to its superior quality. Unlickily, very wrong internal proportions keep me from picking it up. I am dying to buy seamless bodies, but I won't until they are more mature.

- Edation body: I had missed this one! I can't afford it, especially in the light of bad reviews, but in my view, this is the way to go. No visible ankle/wrist articulations is the grial, not a doubt about it in my head. Needless to say, bendy hands have always been the way to go for me too (all those replacement hands in HT figures... :-( ), me hoping that better sculpts and engineering might help bendy hands to become more easy to pose, and above all, realistic when bent (they are not yet). Alas, durability concerns are certainly scary. Losing a whole body because of a single finger's rubber cover breaking, would be too much to swallow. On the light side, the benefits sound like a wet dream: poses with bent feet (if shoes are flexible enough to allow this), any hand pose achievable (for increased expressivity), no seams in sight... wow......
I do hope Edation further iterates their bodies. And if anyone in the room can shed more light on these, please do!

Finally, I'd like to call your attention on this body

https://bbts1.azureedge.net/images/p/full/2015/12/WOB10010_i.jpg

Has any of you tried it? How good was skin colour match? Is there an actual paintjob on the seamless arm sleeves? What about articulation? And durability?

ADD - The legs are long, possibly too long. They certainly do appear too long given the way they end: with this type of (unusual) ankle peg and this type of footwear. If the foot began just where the rubbery skin ended, it might look closer to natural. I did pick up an extra parted-out body to experiment with and can confirm this. It is difficult to put together any workable alternative to what they have done, and the practical one (extracting the ankle peg from the footwear and finding feet that will work with it) results in an equally elongated look. Not to mention the ankle pegs sticking out like a sore thumb (even more than the wrist pegs do). The length of the overall legs (legs+ankle pegs+feet or shoes) certainly does not help the body's stability and balance.  The limited articulation and limited ability to hold poses remain very annoying. Like I said, if only TBLeague could apply this type of paint work (but more complete) onto its existing bodies (though these, too, could be improved -- as long as there are no steps backwards), we would get something better in the realm of seamless figures than we have had so far. The Tom Cruise head was not selected because of matching the body's skin tone closely -- it was the most convenient head to try at the moment to check whether the head sitting lower on the neck would improve the slight giraffe neck and baloon head effect we seem to have with this set.

I was discouraged by the reviews from picking up the Edation body. It does look great in principle, and if that were a TBLeague product with a stainless steel skeleton and the fairly hard-wearing silicone rubbery "skin" (really, "flesh"), I would. That said, perhaps I'm jaded, but I think real seamless wrists and ankles would be too limiting for many practical purposes, and it may take a long while before a major company invests in that. What I mean is, you'll be committing to a base body on which you will probably have no way of applying gloved hands (there are removable gloves, but few and far between, and will they fit the seamless hands?), or most types of footwear (unless they decide to under-size the feet; the current TBLeague male feet, in particular, are near impossible to fit into sixth-scale footwear designed to take entire feet). So, in essence, you would be looking at a body that is stuck being an artistic nude or a scantily-clad beach (or whatever) bum/bunny. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, but it does limit the potential applications, and therefore arguably the potential profits, of the company that would make them. I think it would be neat, although I would wish it lent itself to greater customization. And let's not forget that those bodies still wouldn't be completely seamless, unless they came with a seamless head. Then you will be stuck with whatever head sculpt they chose. As far as head sculpts not matching the TBLeague bodies, there are plenty that do and plenty that don't. If nothing else, you could pick up some TBLeague head sculpts (granted, there are far more female than male ones in that category). A range of other companies head sculpts would also fit, although it may make a difference when they were made. For example, newer HT and DAM heads seem to be getting paler in color, but older ones would be closer to the TBLeague male "suntan." Jiaou does better with its wider range of skin tones (by contrast, TBLeague has settled on two for the females and one for the males -- excepting that M36 version), but even those have their limitations, and some are substantially different from what they advertise (most notably the "black" which is at best medium tan). Look around the Clothing TBLeague Seamless Bodies thread or others on this forum to see some examples -- though not all the head sculpts used were necessarily chosen to match perfectly (I know that in my posts, I try to change up/rotate head sculpts so things don't get too boring, and that often means not worrying about a precise skin tone match). (That thread also has the ADD seamless body with a different head in a recent installment.)

It might help if you provide the model number of that World Box body. I think I have it somewhere (it's not their newest), but it would be a while before I can check. If I recall, it is quite good, like most of them. The muscle bodies (which have less articulation as they prioritize look over poseability) are the most durable ones, and in my experience the World Box bodies that allow attaching/detaching arms at the shoulders do so a little too loosely -- but that observation is based on a different model that did not come with seamless arms options. These more slender models with detachable necks, etc, are generally decent base bodies, allowing for more articulation, but they too can have a higher center of gravity (or maybe it is just density/weight) making them potentially unstable. Anyway, I'll look for it before I comment further.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for your input, asgardianboy. Smile I agree that tbleague has quite a few improvements to make, but I'm personally not bothered in the slightest about having totally seamless bodies, for many of the reasons GF stated. But also because I'm perfectly contented to 'hide' the joints when necessary, especially since most of my figures are clothed anyway.

Where I feel tbleague needs to improve is in overall body SHAPE, for both female and male bodies. I don't mind the existing body shapes, but I'd prefer to have a LOT more options in that regard. Tbleague have at least been trying to branch out a tiny bit more with the female bodies in the last year or so, adding a 'buxom' body and some others, but still a bit behind on variety with the male body shapes. Would be nice to have somewhat more versatile 'normal' looking male bodies, for sure.

And we won't even get started on lack of skintone variety. That being said, for now it suits my purposes just fine to use the oil pastel technique to colour bodies in the variations I need.

Headsculpts not matching perfectly is another that.... doesn't really bother me?? I can understand why some people are focused on this, but at the same time... the nature of heads being hard plastic while the bodies are soft silicone means that the light will always be hitting them slightly differently. Probably the main way to get as close as possible to reducing that effect would be to use a matte spray on the headsculpts, like Mr. Super Clear matte varnish. Even then it might not mean the light hits exactly the same, but it might help. Other than that, I'm happy to repaint my sculpts to match bodies when necessary.

With male sculpts, I think some Hot Toys skintones look fine enough with the male tbleague body colour.... at least, when I've compared them in-hand and in photos, the match is 'close enough' that it passes for me. But of course everyone's mileage varies, as does everyone's eye for detail and colour.

As for durability, again, I can understand people's concerns about this, and of course would not recommend going around swapping all bodies to tbleague bodies if one is worried about them not lasting a long time. But for making a custom figure from scratch, I find them perfectly adequate so far. I'd rather create a figure that fits my specifications that will last two or three years before having to potentially replace the body, than never make any figure at all. In some cases, this is the dilemma I have found myself in, and because I am keen to work on certain characters, using these bodies is a risk I'm willing to take. If someday there's a better and more durable option for seamless bodies, then I will go through my customs and try to upgrade them. Until then... I'm happy to take the chance. : )

Re: the WorldBox body, if it is the AT025, then it's one I'm also eyeing up to potentially purchase. I haven't quite decided yet, but if I do go for it I'll report back. Smile

asgardianboy

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for your input, asgardianboy. Smile I agree that tbleague has quite a few improvements to make, but I'm personally not bothered in the slightest about having totally seamless bodies, for many of the reasons GF stated. But also because I'm perfectly contented to 'hide' the joints when necessary, especially since most of my figures are clothed anyway.

Where I feel tbleague needs to improve is in overall body SHAPE, for both female and male bodies. I don't mind the existing body shapes, but I'd prefer to have a LOT more options in that regard. Tbleague have at least been trying to branch out a tiny bit more with the female bodies in the last year or so, adding a 'buxom' body and some others, but still a bit behind on variety with the male body shapes. Would be nice to have somewhat more versatile 'normal' looking male bodies, for sure.

And we won't even get started on lack of skintone variety. That being said, for now it suits my purposes just fine to use the oil pastel technique to colour bodies in the variations I need.

Headsculpts not matching perfectly is another that.... doesn't really bother me?? I can understand why some people are focused on this, but at the same time... the nature of heads being hard plastic while the bodies are soft silicone means that the light will always be hitting them slightly differently. Probably the main way to get as close as possible to reducing that effect would be to use a matte spray on the headsculpts, like Mr. Super Clear matte varnish. Even then it might not mean the light hits exactly the same, but it might help. Other than that, I'm happy to repaint my sculpts to match bodies when necessary.

With male sculpts, I think some Hot Toys skintones look fine enough with the male tbleague body colour.... at least, when I've compared them in-hand and in photos, the match is 'close enough' that it passes for me. But of course everyone's mileage varies, as does everyone's eye for detail and colour.

As for durability, again, I can understand people's concerns about this, and of course would not recommend going around swapping all bodies to tbleague bodies if one is worried about them not lasting a long time. But for making a custom figure from scratch, I find them perfectly adequate so far. I'd rather create a figure that fits my specifications that will last two or three years before having to potentially replace the body, than never make any figure at all. In some cases, this is the dilemma I have found myself in, and because I am keen to work on certain characters, using these bodies is a risk I'm willing to take. If someday there's a better and more durable option for seamless bodies, then I will go through my customs and try to upgrade them. Until then... I'm happy to take the chance. : )

Re: the WorldBox body, if it is the AT025, then it's one I'm also eyeing up to potentially purchase. I haven't quite decided yet, but if I do go for it I'll report back. Smile

I have sent emails to Phicen asking for other builts and skin colours. To no avail.
You can't always cover the wrists/ankles.... :-(
Your tip to "dull up" the head is noted. Light reflection indeed is a very important factor. Thanks! ;-)
I understand you see the business case for your Phicens.
If you ever get the AT025, let us know!
Heads matching Phicen bodies should be more. If restricted to a few heads, the joy of kitbashing with these bodies gets hit. Phicen should fill the colour gap!
Thanks,
m.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
asgardianboy wrote:

I have sent emails to Phicen asking for other builts and skin colours. To no avail.
Your tip to "dull up" the head is noted. Light reflection indeed is a very important factor. Thanks! ;-)
Heads matching Phicen bodies should be more. If restricted to a few heads, the joy of kitbashing with these bodies gets hit. Phicen should fill the colour gap!
Thanks,
m.

Sorry they have not responded to your emails about the skintones and body shapes, that's unfortunate. Hopefully they will 'get the memo' all the same and eventually branch out more. The lack of skintone variety is especially eggregious at this stage -- they really should be aiming for more diversity on that score. And I know people will say that this is because 'there aren't any matching headsculpts out there for PoC skintones', but that's not really an excuse. I say that because tbleague does occasionally change their recipe for their standard skintone colours, as we have recently noted in a thread here, and I have likewise noticed that certain headsculpt companies will then change their paintjobs on the heads to 'match' better. I noticed this with the Natalie Portman PT001 headsculpt that started out with the previous 'greyish' tbleague suntan skintone, and then the later ones had different paintjob that matched the newer, more reddish suntan tone. My point being, that if they can change the colour so subtly, then surely if tbleague came out with more skin colours, the headsculpt companies would immediately start putting out heads to match them. Just my feeling anyway. So there isn't really a good reason not to do this, from what I can tell...

And I hope I didn't come across as dismissive about headsculpt-matching issue in general, but just wanted to give the perspective of someone who uses them more for certain types of custom figures where perhaps that side of things is not such a big focus. Of course, everyone's needs and requirements in this hobby vary, and for the sake of those who wish for complete perfection with the skintone matches, I do hope that tbleague/phicen will eventually provide more sculpts. Though again, sometimes whether heads 'match' or not truly is in the eye of the beholder, so even if a company thinks they have made a 'match', it might not look so to us picky customizers and collectors! :'D

asgardianboy

skywalkersaga wrote:
asgardianboy wrote:

Thanks,
m.

Sorry they have not responded to your emails about the skintones and body shapes, that's unfortunate. Hopefully they will 'get the memo' all the same and eventually branch out more. The lack of skintone variety is especially eggregious at this stage -- they really should be aiming for more diversity on that score. And I know people will say that this is because 'there aren't any matching headsculpts out there for PoC skintones', but that's not really an excuse. I say that because tbleague does occasionally change their recipe for their standard skintone colours, as we have recently noted in a thread here, and I have likewise noticed that certain headsculpt companies will then change their paintjobs on the heads to 'match' better. I noticed this with the Natalie Portman PT001 headsculpt that started out with the previous 'greyish' tbleague suntan skintone, and then the later ones had different paintjob that matched the newer, more reddish suntan tone. My point being, that if they can change the colour so subtly, then surely if tbleague came out with more skin colours, the headsculpt companies would immediately start putting out heads to match them. Just my feeling anyway. So there isn't really a good reason not to do this, from what I can tell...

And I hope I didn't come across as dismissive about headsculpt-matching issue in general, but just wanted to give the perspective of someone who uses them more for certain types of custom figures where perhaps that side of things is not such a big focus. Of course, everyone's needs and requirements in this hobby vary, and for the sake of those who wish for complete perfection with the skintone matches, I do hope that tbleague/phicen will eventually provide more sculpts. Though again, sometimes whether heads 'match' or not truly is in the eye of the beholder, so even if a company thinks they have made a 'match', it might not look so to us picky customizers and collectors! :'D

TBLeague doesn't even have to go multicolour. They only need to provide neutral tone bodies, different colour dye kits, and a colour guide showing how to achieve different usual skin colours (I think it is a thread on OSW on which they are successfully dyeing Phicen bodies with Rit Dye, and Phicen really should read that one).

m.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
asgardianboy wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
asgardianboy wrote:

Thanks,
m.

TBLeague doesn't even have to go multicolour. They only need to provide neutral tone bodies, different colour dye kits, and a colour guide showing how to achieve different usual skin colours (I think it is a thread on OSW on which they are successfully dyeing Phicen bodies with Rit Dye, and Phicen really should read that one).

m.

The thread you are thinking of is here on this forum: Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2628-dyeing-phicen-figures-with-rit-dye-nsfw

And yes, I recall you mentioning that idea. It would be fun to have that option, but I don't see tbleague ever providing that, realistically. I think it is much more in the realms of possibility for them to produce base bodies in a wider variety/range of 'standard' skintones.... even if they are dragging their feet about getting around to doing so. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
asgardianboy wrote:I have sent emails to Phicen asking for other builts and skin colours. To no avail.

See my response to your comments, and the linked thread, in post 35 above.

I agree that you can't/wouldn't want to always cover the wrists and ankles, and that there might be something that could be done about the design that might improve this -- at least slightly. Similarly, there are going to be times when you want those joints to be open and allow attaching/detaching hand- and foot/footwear-sculpts. You mentioned bendable toes. In seamless bodies these have not allowed the figures to stand unassisted, and even in regular visible-jointed bodies they are a point of weakness. ACI provided a separate bent-toe foot-sculpt for at least some of its base bodies, and of course many companies (TBLeague included) have provided a different type of bent sculpt for female feet intended to wear high heels. At any rate, that is more promising when it comes to poseability and stability, and requires detachable feet. Again, as I said in my earlier response, I have nothing against a more truly seamless alternative, although I think it would be of rather limited use.

I don't think that was the AT025 -- unless I've already misplaced the seamless arms from its box.
Edit: yep, AT025 doesn't come with alternative seamless arms...
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t36-new-product-worldbox-1-6-durable-body-action-body-at025?highlight=at025

And I agree that TBLeague should make more skin tones available, which would be to reverse its own policy (it used to have more, at least for the female bodies). But I suppose it will ultimately come down to a business decision of whether this would sell well enough to offset the cost of separate/additional machinery, dies, quality control, etc, etc. I also suppose it might take a more massive e-mail campaign (perhaps an outright petition with many subscribers essentially vouching to buy whatever numbers of (for example) paler longer-legged (no ankle extenders) painted-nippled and body-haired M33s (or whatever) for TBLeague to make a move in whatever direction. But I also suspect that right now people in China (and not just China) have bigger worries on their minds...

silverfox7119

Hello friend,

Do you have decolorize issues of this figure? when i got it in first day, i unbox it just get a few touch and then i noticed it color are started fading! even it getting worse after that... this is how ridiculous for me! contact supplier still not reply... i felt like being cheated!

https://servimg.com/view/20188989/7

https://servimg.com/view/20188989/6

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
silverfox7119 wrote:Hello friend, Do you have decolorize issues of this figure? when i got it in first day, i unbox it just get a few touch and then i noticed it color are started fading! even it getting worse after that... this is how ridiculous for me! contact supplier still not reply... i felt like being cheated!

https://servimg.com/view/20188989/7

https://servimg.com/view/20188989/6

Hi. Admittedly I've handled the figure with some basic caution, but I've not seen any damage to the body surface. This is more than fading, looks like peeling or rubbing off to me. Sorry to see it, now we know to watch out for that too. Good luck with the supplier.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Decent looking figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum