OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 19]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Welcome to the forum, Kit, nice to have you aboard. Personally, I'm another one of your many satisfied customers, and glad that you are among us, giving us more information and a better perspective.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Kit chen

Thank you Mark and GubernatorFan

To make a conclusion of what we experienced since the pandemic:

Postal service i.e. Hong Kong Post or China Post they are using civil aircraft - which is not stable, things stuck at airport if there's no planes even you pay for EMS

So it's better to select courier service with cargo aircraft i.e. DHL/Fedex/4PX

Although postal service is not stable, but the lost rate is still below 1%, they may stuck for months but usually they will show up finally

shazzdan

Most postal services use excess space on passenger flights to send mail. When COVID grounded 95% of passenger services, the mail backed up pretty quickly. Postal services had to start using more ships to send mail, which is significantly slower than air. Post Offices and Customs services started to back up as well because of workplace distancing requirements and increased sick leave that reduced the number of staff. On top of all that, demand went through the roof because everyone was at home shopping online. The number of monthly parcels in the last 18 months has exceeded what normally only happens at Christmas. Private couriers such as DHL have their own planes and have stitched up deals with customs services to get their parcels through faster so they have been relatively unaffected.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

thegreatshaggy

With USPS stating they're going to be slowing down delivery services in half of the states, I'm resorting more now to using DHL when it comes to overseas purchases. Yes it costly but at least I'll get it in a reasonable amount of time. I'm still weighing the pros and cons from domestic shipping for UPS/FEDEX over the USPS.

blackpool

blackpool
Very cool to see you here Kit, welcome aboard!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Finally got a postal delivery this morning that included a mountain of delayed letters and one of the five packages I'm waiting on - Nice PostLady tells me that she didn't tell me this but, Royal Mail are deliberately staggering deliveries/diverting available personnel to cover delivery rounds in my area due to a perfect local storm of absences and shortages, and there was already a backlog of mail to deal with (she herself is covering three extra rounds by van instead of on foot as usual, apparently). But it's more than likely that anything I'm waiting for will still turn up... eventually. Bullshine or not, who can tell. If true, it's beyond her control of course and I feel for her and her colleagues with the workload being foisted on them, but Rolling Eyes

Ironically, my old postman who is also a friend of mine, quit RM because of the workload even before Covid, to become a long-distance lorry driver.  Very Happy

As for those parcels still missing in the field:

One package from China has allegedly been received by RM and is in the network, according to tracking, so hopefully that'll arrive in a day or two.

Also, there's apparently a national holiday in China until the 7th, which I suppose explains why one of my GianToy purchases is still sitting processing a week after I bought it...

That leaves an ebay package of 1/12 building materials from a town about 10 miles away that should have arrived here on Sept 30, and an expensive Etsy parcel of some 1/6 furniture from the Ukraine whose tracking fell silent on Sept 25 (that's the one I'm really fretting over).

Two AliEx parcels to also consider, but they can take centuries to arrive even under normal circumstances.

So a proper old omnishambles, even if it's mostly at the UK end. My purchases are on hiatus now until this fustercluck unfusters itself. Neutral

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
That one package from China finally showed up today, so it seems like deliveries are finally trickling through now, if slowly.

As for the Etsy package, as there is no joy with the Royal Mail tracking number for it, I had the desperate last-resort idea that even though it left the Ukraine some time ago, Ukraine Post's tracking might give me at least some idea where in the world it might be now. Lo and behold they have somehow continued to track it into the UK since I last checked and it's at a UK distribution centre, so hopefully that parcel will be here in a day or two.

It's come to something though, when Ukraine Post can give me a better idea of where my parcel is in the UK than Royal Mail can.

blackpool

blackpool
GeeWillikers wrote:That one package from China finally showed up today, so it seems like deliveries are finally trickling through now, if slowly.

As for the Etsy package, as there is no joy with the Royal Mail tracking number for it, I had the desperate last-resort idea that even though it left the Ukraine some time ago, Ukraine Post's tracking might give me at least some idea where in the world it might be now. Lo and behold they have somehow continued to track it into the UK since I last checked and it's at a UK distribution centre, so hopefully that parcel will be here in a day or two.

It's come to something though, when Ukraine Post can give me a better idea of where my parcel is in the UK than Royal Mail can.

That actually happens to me on a regular basis, french post office is so lame that I often have a far better monitoring of my parcels through chinese or Hk post...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Is it usual for a package to travel from China to the UK using USPS?

I'm having all kinds of 'fun' with an AliEx seller who has run his 'processing time' for an order down to the last hour twice without 'allowing' me to cancel the order after the first time, effectively giving me the runaround for four weeks before finally (allegedly) sending the items ordered last week. I strongly suspect he didn't have one of the items I ordered, and has just been stalling for as long as possible since to string out the process of refunding me for as long as possible.

Now he has given me an effectively useless USPS tracking number (I have never seen USPS tracking progress beyond 'label created, not yet in system' even after I've received the goods concerned).

Thanks to AliEx's terms of sale I will be unable to claim a refund until December, because he has, allegedly, now shipped the order.

AliEx's processing and delivery estimate times for all their sellers have grown insanely long recently. Ebay might have its own particular issues, but AliEx is becoming equally ridiculous now, just in a different way.

Anyway, this guy. Baby Wonderland Store, if anyone's taking notes. Possibly one for the 'Ebay Scammers' thread, with the byline 'including AliExpress'. I guess I'll let you know by December. Neutral

I think I'm done buying from AliEx now unless it's a seller I've dealt with before who I know is reliable. Stuff may be cheaper on there but it's becoming such a hassle it's no longer worth it.

Kit chen

GeeWillikers wrote:Is it usual for a package to travel from China to the UK using USPS?

I'm having all kinds of 'fun' with an AliEx seller who has run his 'processing time' for an order down to the last hour twice without 'allowing' me to cancel the order after the first time, effectively giving me the runaround for four weeks before finally (allegedly) sending the items ordered last week. I strongly suspect he didn't have one of the items I ordered, and has just been stalling for as long as possible since to string out the process of refunding me for as long as possible.

Now he has given me an effectively useless USPS tracking number (I have never seen USPS tracking progress beyond 'label created, not yet in system' even after I've received the goods concerned).

Thanks to AliEx's terms of sale I will be unable to claim a refund until December, because he has, allegedly, now shipped the order.

AliEx's processing and delivery estimate times for all their sellers have grown insanely long recently. Ebay might have its own particular issues, but AliEx is becoming equally ridiculous now, just in a different way.

Anyway, this guy. Baby Wonderland Store, if anyone's taking notes. Possibly one for the 'Ebay Scammers' thread, with the byline 'including AliExpress'. I guess I'll let you know by December. Neutral

I think I'm done buying from AliEx now unless it's a seller I've dealt with before who I know is reliable. Stuff may be cheaper on there but it's becoming such a hassle it's no longer worth it.

Can’t you claim with a fault tracking?

I don’t know how Ali express works but I often buy on taobao, most are same sellers on both taobao and Ali express I guess as they both belong to alibaba

In the old days I buy from seller who offer cheapest price on same item but now I only buy from stores that I dealt before or I will select the store with most expensive price, learnt it through a hard way, not many reliable sellers there

shazzdan

shazzdan
AliExpress won't let you lodge a claim until after the estimated delivery date set by the seller. That is usually 2-3 months.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Kit chen wrote:Can’t you claim with a fault tracking?

I don’t know how Ali express works but I often buy on taobao, most are same sellers on both taobao and Ali express I guess as they both belong to alibaba

In the old days I buy from seller who offer cheapest price on same item but now I only buy from stores that I dealt before or I will select the store with most expensive price, learnt it through a hard way, not many reliable sellers there

No the most AliEx will accomodate at the moment is contact with the seller, which I suspect will achieve nothing. As shazzdan says, they won't even consider stepping in until after the ridiculously-long delivery schedule (75 days-ish) is over. They've also allowed the order processing time to grow longer recently (from 7 days to 15) just to add to the frustration.

Some sellers are great, though, and send items out in 2-3 days. Others...

And welcome aboard kit, seeing as I was too preoccupied to say it before. Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I eventually received my Etsy parcel from the Ukraine, mentioned above. A new parcel from the same seller has taken an impressive two days to cross from the Ukraine through Europe, but has now stalled 'somewhere' in the UK for the last six days (it definitely got through customs).

A GianToy package purchased October 1st that was delayed a week by Chinese holidays was sent on October 9th, and has allegedly still not reached the UK. Receipt time from Giantoy is usually 5-6 days.

Royal Mail are at least now publicly admitting that there are processing backlogs and delivery delays, especially with international mail, so I suppose hope is not yet lost.

Maybe these longer waits are going to become the norm for UK buyers (and with karma being what it is, I can't say that as a nation we don't deserve it).

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
I have an order from KGHobby that was marked dispatched on the 11th but after over 2 weeks the tracking still states that the sender is preparing item for posting.

Anyone else having same issue?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
jaztermareal wrote:I have an order from KGHobby that was marked dispatched on the 11th but after over 2 weeks the tracking still states that the sender is preparing item for posting.

I actually had something similar happen recently with Giantoy -- I'm guessing shutdowns are having a massive impact on shipping everywhere. It took about a week before an item I paid the invoice for from them before it was finally "shipped" -- though I received the email it was shipped as soon as I paid (but no movement was shown), then I received a second email a week later informing me that it was finally shipped (and the tracking number). We're definitely living in weird times. Hopefully, KG hasn't fallen prey to the recent spate of sellers struggling to make ends meet.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 14 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58643717

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/25/economists-expect-shipping-problems-to-linger-well-into-2022.html

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/snail-mail-blues-what-do-new-usps-slowdowns-and-price-hikes-mean-for-you/

The backlog started with the China-to-US route but, because that route became so lucrative (the spot price of getting a container into the US jumped from $2,500 in 2020 to $17,500 last month), shipping companies pulled ships out of other routes to take advantage of the high prices. Now those other routes are suffering backlogs too. The spot price for China-to-US containers has dropped from $17,500 last month to around $8,500 this month so things are starting to return to normal but backlogs will continue well into next year.

For Christmas this year, toy retailers have ditched bulky, less profitable items in favour of small, squishy items because they can squeeze more of them into a container and make more profit. If you want to buy something specific for Christmas, you had better get it now and don't expect super cheap prices on the Black Friday sales.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
shazzdan wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58643717

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/25/economists-expect-shipping-problems-to-linger-well-into-2022.html

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/snail-mail-blues-what-do-new-usps-slowdowns-and-price-hikes-mean-for-you/

The backlog started with the China-to-US route but, because that route became so lucrative (the spot price of getting a container into the US jumped from $2,500 in 2020 to $17,500 last month), shipping companies pulled ships out of other routes to take advantage of the high prices. Now those other routes are suffering backlogs too. The spot price for China-to-US containers has dropped from $17,500 last month to around $8,500 this month so things are starting to return to normal but backlogs will continue well into next year.

For Christmas this year, toy retailers have ditched bulky, less profitable items in favour of small, squishy items because they can squeeze more of them into a container and make more profit. If you want to buy something specific for Christmas, you had better get it now and don't expect super cheap prices on the Black Friday sales.

sheesh, thanks America!

seriously though, HK post site says current delay for items going to UK is 1 week, and even then it isn't that my parcel is stuck at the dock, it (according to tracking info) is still with KGHobby, not yet in the hands of the courier. it has me worried

blackpool

blackpool
Try contacting them via instagram or their facebook group, they are the most active on those medias... I recently had the issue with toyswonderland, a parcel was stated as "sender preparing item for posting". It finally arrived a couple of weeks later than expected

Kallor8

Tracking for my recent Giantoy order just showed "information received" for a month, before tracking said the package was even dropped off. It's still winding its way to me 2 months from order placement, and I picked the highest priced shipping option they had.

Giantoy gets things in stock much sooner than other sites, but it has been frustrating lately.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
update: KGHobby responded to my last email to inform that the tracking was showing loads of updates and parcel was almost with me. I checked and it still said sender preparing item. I sent them the tracking number to see for themselves and it seems they had sent me a completely wrong tracking number. They sent me another and it seems to indicate that a parcel is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Hopefully this means that the first number was just a a mixup and that parcels are actually being posted on time. Will update if parcel fails to arrive or other issue but seems to ok.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I wish this shipping craze gets back to normal soon, specially for my country. I got a few orders on KGH that are stuck there for over a year, because the package is too heavy (damn display bases on boxed figures), and they can't ship it "for the moment", unless I pay the most expensive shipping. And it IS expensive.
*sighs* Sad

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
FreakinLobster wrote:I wish this shipping craze gets back to normal soon, specially for my country. I got a few orders on KGH that are stuck there for over a year, because the package is too heavy (damn display bases on boxed figures), and they can't ship it "for the moment", unless I pay the most expensive shipping. And it IS expensive.
*sighs* Sad

that sucks big time. sorry to hear

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
my KGHobby order just arrived. Thanks to them giving me the correct tracking number yesterday I knew to be in. The incorrect tracking number still has no update.... so maybe that number is for one of you folk waiting for a bulky item to post that can't be shipped yet. sadly.

Diana

Diana
jaztermareal wrote:my KGHobby order just arrived. Thanks to them giving me the correct tracking number yesterday I knew to be in. The incorrect tracking number still has no update.... so maybe that number is for one of you folk waiting for a bulky item to post that can't be shipped yet. sadly.
I actually get notified from our courier about packages that then never arrive! My current theory is that they are generated by Giantoy when I pre-order something (timing would be a fit), but then I do get a new tracking number when they actually ship it out. Weird.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Diana wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:my KGHobby order just arrived. Thanks to them giving me the correct tracking number yesterday I knew to be in. The incorrect tracking number still has no update.... so maybe that number is for one of you folk waiting for a bulky item to post that can't be shipped yet. sadly.
I actually get notified from our courier about packages that then never arrive! My current theory is that they are generated by Giantoy when I pre-order something (timing would be a fit), but then I do get a new tracking number when they actually ship it out. Weird.

weird indeed.....

EDIT: my orders from Japan have been fast to arrive, though they were smaller items. about a week from posting to arrival so far.

csyeung

csyeung
Welcome to the board Kit!

I should probably update my two recent items that arrived a couple weeks ago from GT. Both were sent out at the end of September. One took 16 and another took 18 days to arrive from China to Canada. Not too bad, seems about the same as usual for me. GT uses YunExpress and they deliver on the weekends.

Kit chen

jaztermareal wrote:I have an order from KGHobby that was marked dispatched on the 11th but after over 2 weeks the tracking still states that the sender is preparing item for posting.

"sender is preparing item for posting" means they haven't shipped it yet, we are human being, mistake happens , drop them a message so they can take care of you

Kit chen

csyeung wrote:Welcome to the board Kit!

I should probably update my two recent items that arrived a couple weeks ago from GT. Both were sent out at the end of September. One took 16 and another took 18 days to arrive from China to Canada. Not too bad, seems about the same as usual for me. GT uses YunExpress and they deliver on the weekends.

Hello!

Shipping to Canada is pretty slow right now, with our 4px shipment some took around 20 days..

csyeung

csyeung
Maybe I got lucky this week, I got a shipment from kit and giantoy (to canada) in 7 days! so fast! Funny anecdote though, I ordered some supplies from a local Toronto store last Sunday, a store I can probably drive to in like 20 min, but I said what the hell, I'll just order online and have them ship it to me, I feel lazy this week. Shipment got rerouted to Calgary Rolling Eyes . Still waiting for that shipment haha. Thanks Canada Post .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum