OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 19]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
All of my packages from Asia are coming through 4PX, and thus far, I’m not all that impressed. Shipping times are hit or miss, but it is what it is. I received one package from Giantoy in less than two weeks, and I’ve been waiting on 4 others (no pun intended) now for quite some time.

Kit chen

4PX is courier company who I believe that having their own flights, they cooperate with different courier/post office in each Country. When package arrive in destination country they will general another tracking number and send it to local courier/post office, so there are 2 part of tracking

We received in total 8 price increase notice from 4PX since November, but I am happy with their speed during the peak season. They are doing really fine compare to Hong Kong post. Even DHL e-commerce packages stuck at the airport for 1-2 week

Just now I notice that Hong Kong post suspended shipping to USA, Canada and Mexico since 31st Dec, was trying to ship an eBay order by Hong Kong post.. I am shocked because it's hard to believe that almost 2 years since pandemic they still suspend routes to North America!

Glad that we moved our warehouse and ship from China, otherwise we will have another hard time like early 2020

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Interesting information, Kit. Thanks for sharing. That’s wild about HK Post — I wonder what caused that.

skywalkersaga

Yes, thank you for the insight, Kit!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for explaining, Kit.

venator5

venator5
It's been a while. But now that the house is finished I can buy again!

The main one is Damtoys Zona! Vicky will be happy to meet with her sis:)
Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 20190716

The item is of course not shipped yet but I'll keep everything updated here.

Additionally I will have 3 smaller items.
- (4 pairs of female gloved hands, Intended for vicky for more posture)
- X2 Replacements items for broken items. (Dragon knight sword, Jenner knife hoolster)

Well I usually share my experiences with figures here so you will meet with those broken goods here sooner or later. I would like to share it so others could avoid these issues.

Update: Jan 10. The 3 small packages were shipped. Damtoys Zona Does not updated since order, I contacted the seller aklauser for status.

"Here we go again?"

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
So I just received this email from KGHobby:
Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 Screen10

Anyone else receive said email lately? Of course I really don't know what the current status of international airmail these days besides the US and China going tick for tack on suspending international flights these days.

Skippy

thegreatshaggy wrote:So I just received this email from KGHobby:
Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 Screen10

Anyone else receive said email lately? Of course I really don't know what the current status of international airmail these days besides the US and China going tick for tack on suspending international flights these days.

As per the latest announcement on the Hong Kong Post site, regular airmail is suspended to the US:

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/notices/index_id_1114.html

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Asta wrote:

As per the latest announcement on the Hong Kong Post site, regular airmail is suspended to the US:

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/notices/index_id_1114.html

👍👍👍

venator5

venator5
Update: 2022.01.28

It seems like my order is working out BUT don't trust tracking numbers! I was in stress some days ago as one of my tracking numbers shown succesfull delivery and only get in my hands days later.

Anyway as for my four orders from Jan.

2 of them just arrived (Sword and knife)

2 of them inside the country and could be arrived in the following days (Zona and the hands)

venator5

venator5
Well all my items arrived by feb 04!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aside from taking a couple weeks, I’ve received everything (but one order thus far, but it’s on its way) from Kit and Giantoy. I’ve stopped ordering anything from Asia through eBay, and will only order from US sellers. eBay is only screwing themselves (in the long run) by siding with the unscrupulous sellers out of China, and eventually it’s going to hurt them (hopefully).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 C8485110

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Well I took a chance and purchased a UBToys Claire Redfield from the remake from a newer seller based in China and watched it like a hawk. Needless to say the item arrived faster than expected. So I chalk this one up as a win and wonder if doing business with newer sellers is a possibility compared to long established sellers from 🇨🇳 🤷‍�

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Here's a good one:

I ordered a sculpt and a few small clothing items from Monkey Depot and used the expedited FedEx shipping option as usual, which is normally a problem-free process and takes under a week to cross the US and get to me here in the UK.  

So far, so good.

Two days into its travels, having speedily moved a few thousand miles and arrived in the UK without incident, my package stalls completely at a FedEx hub roughly 40 miles from my address. It then sits there for eight days. Today, I finally received 'my' parcel.

A large cardboard box containing eight 500ml spray bottles of 'Grandma's Secret Spot Remover'. *

I bought a 1/6 head sculpt and four 1/6 shirts.

I mentioned that the package seemed surprisingly large to the delivery guy, who checked the label, which did indeed have my address and the relevant tracking number on it. So he said he was sorry if it was wrong but I'd have to ring FedEx customer services.

I'm now waiting on a return call from one of their agents.

'Helpfully' there's no invoice or anything in the parcel, so no indication of who or where it's supposed to actually go to. The outer box did have a return label on it which is badly faded and totally unreadable, but from what I can decipher it's nothing like the return labels Monkey Depot uses.

So FedEx (or customs) have clearly f'd this one up rather than MD. Now I have to wait to find out what they're prepared to do about it.

* I will admit that this part of the drama is faintly amusing to me for some reason.

JYMachine

JYMachine
Also faintly amusing is imagining what the other person makes of your head-sculpt and shirts when they were expecting 8 bottles of 'Grandma's Secret Spot Remover' (which going by Amazon's UK prices you've probably got the slightly better deal; whether or not you have a use for 8 bottles is another matter).

Seriously though postal disasters - however infrequent they are thankfully - are one of the worst things about this hobby. I'm sorry for yours.

My sob story is an order I made to Quick-Toy/Machine Gun in September, the last update on La Poste's website is:

Friday, 12 November
Your parcel is transiting through our logistics platforms to be delivered to you as quickly as possible.

Yes, well... not quickly enough. Probably another thing I can blame on Brexit. Will soon be time to get that PayPal claim in.

csyeung

csyeung
JYMachine wrote:Also faintly amusing is imagining what the other person makes of your head-sculpt and shirts when they were expecting 8 bottles of 'Grandma's Secret Spot Remover' (which going by Amazon's UK prices you've probably got the slightly better deal; whether or not you have a use for 8 bottles is another matter)..

These shirt's have clearly been shrunk!!!

Jokes aside, that really is messed up. Seems like it's like someone in the fedex office tried to pass off that package to cover up some mistake.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
csyeung wrote:Jokes aside, that really is messed up. Seems like it's like someone in the fedex office tried to pass off that package to cover up some mistake.

It certainly looks that way - FedEx are now trying to pass the buck by saying 'sorry but the shipper has obviously sent you the wrong item, please take it up with them' (which is outrageous).

Unfortunately for FedEx, photographing the faded/scuffed up return label has made it a lot clearer, and the sender is located in Grand Rapids (not in Arizona, home of Monkey Depot) and the recipient address is an Amazon returns centre in Coventry UK!

Someone has indeed f'd up big time and then compounded it with some underhand shenanigans, and FedEx owes me £70.

(To continue the hilarity I'm much more annoyed about losing the $15 worth of shirts -which I had earmarked for kitbashing- than the $50 head sculpt Very Happy )

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
UPDATE:

After I sent them the photo of the address label (shouting a triumphant "AHA!" as I did so), FedEx are now conceding that they 'might' have lost my MD package.

Now all they're asking for is a detailed description of the packaging of the parcel I didn't receive, all the serial numbers of the items I didn't receive, and images of the items I didn't receive so that they can drag this out further by 'conducting a search' for it.  Smile

(the last two will be easy enough though I guess)

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Public Service Announcement:
If you live in the U.S. and are buying from a U.S. based seller on eBay that is using USPS Parcel Select, do yourself a favor and pay the extra $10 to $20 to have it shipped Pruority Mail. My seller sent the package out Parcel Select on 2/11. It took all of one day to process through the local Seattle postal system, but then nothing for 8 days. It finally entered the Jacksonville postal system on 2/19. It left on 2/22 (today) and was sent to the wrong post office in St. Augustine which is over an hour away from my local post office. Now I have to wait for it to go from St. Augustine back through the Jacksonville distribution centers and out again to my local post office which will likely take several more days.

It’s certainly not as bad as having your package lost like Gee Willikers did, but it’s an experience that can easily be avoided if you’re willing to pay the higher postage rate. I didn’t mind waiting a week or so. I wasn’t expecting two + weeks. I get stuff from China faster than that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
[deleted by user]

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
FedEx Fiasco UPDATE:

Monkey Depot very generously gave me $90 worth of store credit, even before FedEx have reached any kind of conclusion with their investigation. FedEx have given me a deadline of tomorrow to offer me an explanation for the possible whereabouts of the package.

No word yet on if I get to keep Grandma's Secret Spot Remover Smile

csyeung

csyeung
GeeWillikers wrote:FedEx Fiasco UPDATE:

Monkey Depot very generously gave me $90 worth of store credit, even before FedEx have reached any kind of conclusion with their investigation. FedEx have given me a deadline of tomorrow to offer me an explanation for the possible whereabouts of the package.

No word yet on if I get to keep Grandma's Secret Spot Remover Smile

That's pretty awesome! I admit, I was curious and afraid to google what grandma's secret spot remover was, but turns out, it's a stain remover! whew! a box of 6 goes for like 50 bucks canadian on amazon!

davidd

davidd
Giantoy order placed: 10 February 2022
Arrived Daytona Beach Florida USA: 1 March 2022
Elapsed time: 19 days

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Got enough postage stamps? 😜🤣
Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 20220310
Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 20220311

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Awesome (stamps)! Love it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So cool. But, how the hell did they even count all those? I’ll bet the post office over there was pissed. That’s hilarious.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 17 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Haha, that's pretty awesome Shaggy. I wonder if that's a request or if that particular post office doesn't have digital access. I wonder if anyone needs to verify the right amount at checkpoints.

Annalise

Annalise
I hope that none of you are experiencing the same problem as me. My last 4 orders from Giantoy have made it to the US, cleared customs, then went MIA. They never get handed off to USPS and the last update simply states "progressing through post network". Had to have 2 of them refunded so far because by the time they were declared lost they were sold out. The other 2 have a couple more weeks to wait before Amelia agrees they are lost and refunds them as well. Now I hesitate to even place another undeliverable order. Super frustrating.

csyeung

csyeung
I'm in canada, but my last order came in fine a couple weeks ago from GT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum