OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ciri in hand photo heavy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:27 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Today my figure of “the Witch” from Only Girl arrived. For those of you who don’t know this figure bears a resemblance to Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon or Ciri from the Witcher Wild hunt game, she is not the Ciri from the recent Netflix series.
I thought I might post a few in hand pictures, although my hand is nowhere to be seen in the pictures! together with my initial thoughts on her.

Ciri in hand photo heavy PloX71M

Upon opening the delivery box I was impressed with her display storage box, it is a nice satin black heavy card box with an image of the character on the front and picture of a castle on the back, this image is so dark it is almost just an impression.
Inside consists of a single foam storage layer with a sheet of foam on the top, I must say I prefer these foam trays to the preformed plastic trays which seem to be coming more common; at least in the figures I’ve bought recently.

Ciri in hand photo heavy Sg3tTUl

In the box we find Ciri herself, her sword Zireael (Swallow) and her dagger there are also a spare pair of hands / gauntlets for use in holding her weapons. Her weapons are made of quite stiff plastic and are quite effective and accurate however her scabbards are of plastic with moulded detail, one minor problem here is that the strap to her sword buckles on and the buckle wasn’t fixed properly so I had to use a dab of glue to secure it to the strap.

Ciri in hand photo heavy RWXvzgG

So what is she like?
Her head sculpt is not too far from the image on the box or her render in the game, she has ‘real’ rooted hair as opposed the moulded type which the other version that was advertised by another company at about the same time.

Ciri in hand photo heavy DiX0ipu

Overall her outfit is a good likeness of the main outfit of the character in the game. The outfit seems to be well made.
The blouse is a cotton material with an open collar and detail with some sort of under garment under it, without stripping her all I can see are the thin white straps od either a bra or camisole.
Her Trousers are a false type of leather with copper rivet detail. She has a corset of a lighter coloured leather material and arm straps with detailed buckles. There are a couple of things about her outfit that I find a bit disappointing. The first being her boots which are hard plastic and have no ankle movement and moulded fold over tops. The second are her hands which are again a solid moulding with her gloves which means there is no wrist movement other than rotation, I would have thought that they could have made ‘over cuffs’ of leather and given her a flexible wrist or at least made the glove in two pieces.

Ciri in hand photo heavy NFSe0v5

Now comes my major concern the body that they use. She seems to have a ball jointed body with a full range of movement (except for wrists and ankles) on all of her arms and legs although I find the mid bicep joint on her left arm to be a bit loose. Her waist is limited in its movement, but this is probably due to her outfit. She dose have a seamless type upper torso, or it could be the whole torso, which gets in the way of natural neck movement.

Ciri in hand photo heavy LrZINq3

Ciri in hand photo heavy EePfLdt

Ciri in hand photo heavy DqkcBNe

Ciri in hand photo heavy 4WdVkdJ

I could however have been spoiled by the true seamless bodies, which I am contemplating changing her to however there may be a problem with getting one that would be comparable and would be able to fit into her clothes even if I could get them off.

Ciri in hand photo heavy XRLd6SD

2Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting and thorough review. I would think one of the smaller TBL bodies (the S25B) would probably work. If you do change her out, I would opt for making your own hands and gloves two-part — as well as the boots.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ciri in hand photo heavy C8485110

3Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing! I do quite like her outfit, though of course it's frustrating about the articulation issues. I agree with Stryker that a smaller tbleague body might have more chance of fitting into the outfit, should you decide to do a body swap. 

I wonder if you could still utilize the gloves at the very least, but mod them so that you basically cut off the entire 'hand' area and leave them as arm braces, then get some regular gloved hands and paint them to match. That way you could allow for more movement there. Probably wouldn't work for the boots, but I'm sure you could find something that *would* work for the boots instead, even if it means repainting them.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Thanks guys, she is actually a nice figure but the thing that mainly lets her down is the body it really is not good in fact the arms split along the seams and the bicep joint keeps popping. She is taller than my s24a but definitely slighter than Raven or my original s02. Any suggestions?

If I was to use the original boots and gauntlets in some way how would I get them to attach to a TBL body as they , I'm assuming the bots are the same, are of the peg and pin type.

I can see me having fun customising her

5Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I would use a TBL S25B — one of the middle sized bodies — or even one of the Pop Toys/Xing 3.0 bodies that went up for P.O. not that long ago (and some of them are available from Asian sellers — those are generally on the smaller side than the average TBL body). The nicest, of course, is going to be the TBL. If the boots have a socket for a ball joint, it shouldn’t be an issue to get the TBL to fit.

6Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She does look nice, and aesthetically her costume is great!

Re: the body — If you are uncertain about the s25b-type tbleague body working with outfit, you could consider one of the PopToys bodies, perhaps the upcoming ‘upgraded’ semi-seamless version. It still wouldn’t be the level of a tbleague, but it’s a potential alternative and probably an improvement on the one it’s on.

ETA: cross-posted with Stryker again ;D

Re: the boots — again, if it were me, I’d probably try to mod them for improved articulation (or replace them entirely), so it would depend a lot on which body you end up using.

7Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks nice, tho I'm not too sure about the color of her boots, I think they are a darker shade. Nevertheless it's a nice looking figure.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Ciri in hand photo heavy 1f60e

8Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice figure and thanks for the review. You could indeed try modifying the gloved hands and boots to allow better articulation. I think the gloves would lend themselves more to this than the boots, where the sculpted lines are less suitable. Slicing them into halves -- hand and vambrace, shoe and greave, if you will -- will not always look perfect when posed, but it will give you greater poseability.

9Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:17 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
thanks for the review! Been looking forward to it - also have it on Preorder but the seller told me he had some troubles with customs and the figure was send back to china.

It looks even better in hand imo! Love the outfit and HS - too bad about the body. But if I find a good pose, I can probably live with it.

10Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:02 am

Delanie

Delanie
The costume is excellent with even the cuff of the blouse having been hemmed even though its covered by her gauntlet cuff the corset is sealed together with Velcro, i'm not sure how easy it would be to remove her 'coin belt' or her trousers but on the whole i'm impressed with the detail.

That having been said the arms tend to detach at the mid bicep the attachment lugs which are split pins look over stressed and when I swapped out one of her hands the attachment joint stuck in the glove which would have been difficult to remove without my trusty arterial clamp, however the reason it pulled was the 2 halves of the forearm were subject to shoddy gluing however a bit of CA glue fixed that.

She stands pretty well with her left foot at the moment with her right boot toe for balance.

I do wonder about her second sword or large 'dagger' ( I know shes based on a game character) but the hilt reminds me more of a much shorter , slimmer weapon, perhaps one of the medieval weapons experts could chip in ( see the second picture above ).

Any ways I have to go it looks like there is a fight brewing between my Dragonlady and Ciri both are drawing swords

11Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:03 pm

Delanie

Delanie
So I've replaced Ciri's body with an S25b she could do with having perhaps wider hips and be a little taller and, yes I know its me saying this but, she could do with being a tad more buxom.

Hey she is what she is at the moment and to be honest she looks good.

12Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:55 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Would love to see pics at some point! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

13Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:44 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Delanie wrote:So I've replaced Ciri's body with an S25b she could do with having perhaps wider hips and be a little taller and, yes I know its me saying this but, she could do with being a tad more buxom.

Hey she is what she is at the moment and to be honest she looks good.

S25 is shaping up to be one of my favourite bodies. Smile Already ordered another one, but I'm going to make a younger Ciri Netflix version with it.
Would also like to see some pics of your new Ciri with the body..

14Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, indeed. Pics, please.

15Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:05 am

blackpool

blackpool
That's one beautiful figure, some downs as you pointed with the plastic gloves and boots, but overall I find the quality of the final product very close from the box visual and promo pics, which is still rare these days!

As said above, can't wait to see her upgraded with a TBL body whatever model it is, they give such a natural and realistic feel even through the clothes, and the range of motion and posing is crazy compared to any other body (I was until recently a big fan of jointed bodies, but after a couple sets asking to be mounted on a phicen, they rival with my hot toys figures and clearly have more fun potential)

Are you getting a Geralt to go with her?

16Ciri in hand photo heavy Empty Re: Ciri in hand photo heavy Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
That’s a pretty cool figure. I like the look of the outfit and sculpt. Let us know if you wind up swapping bodies.....actually you did.
Yes! Pictures of the new body!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum