OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:39 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Going for making him less cartoony. He is still a work in progress. This is him so far.

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49835153623_28e127811f_bDSC09524 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49835991902_f60783b5fc_bDSC09525 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49835153583_cf5636ba19_bDSC09526 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

2Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:46 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don't know if you needed to do that, to be honest. I suppose so he fits in with your other supers. It's entirely up to you, of course.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM C8485110

3Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:11 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:I don't know if you needed to do that, to be honest. I suppose so he fits in with your other supers. It's entirely up to you, of course.

Thanks, but I'm afraid I do. All my figures will be used in the future to make movies and I already had a handful mention about the different styles of the figures when I showed him with my other customs. So if it helps keep people invested in the movie instead of breaking with the flow because of different styles of figures being used, then so be it.  

Still waiting for some more parts and will post pictures as they come in.

4Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'll admit it, the cartoon thing doesn't work for me when it comes to appreciating or collecting figures in this scale (though I have liked a handful of cartoons even recently -- like Archer or Venture Brothers). That doesn't mean that such figures are not well made and a possibly perfect representation of what they are supposed to depict. In fact, I don't like to comment on them because I know that I will be biased. I don't think you necessarily need to change the look, if it works for you. But yes, if you are trying to immerse the character alongside other ones that are more realistic looking, it might be distracting. If you are trying to overcome this distraction, your main problem is obviously the head sculpt. I don't know exactly how close you can get to "translating" this look to a realistic one, but I suspect you would achieve a pretty cool result. A less glaring but probably more difficult to fix problem might be the size of the upper torso/shoulders.

5Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Looks great to me, bulking up the biceps and scrawny thighs, looking more like the cryo-suit its supposed to be. Although those rectangular mouldings on the right knee look quite out of place.
Silver painted parts look better.

Maybe using a custom bald Arnie head, placed lower on the neck would address the issues of the cartoony head and the wide shoulder but honestly the big torso looks okay as is.

6Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 01, 2020 5:06 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:I'll admit it, the cartoon thing doesn't work for me when it comes to appreciating or collecting figures in this scale (though I have liked a handful of cartoons even recently -- like Archer or Venture Brothers). That doesn't mean that such figures are not well made and a possibly perfect representation of what they are supposed to depict. In fact, I don't like to comment on them because I know that I will be biased. I don't think you necessarily need to change the look, if it works for you. But yes, if you are trying to immerse the character alongside other ones that are more realistic looking, it might be distracting. If you are trying to overcome this distraction, your main problem is obviously the head sculpt. I don't know exactly how close you can get to "translating" this look to a realistic one, but I suspect you would achieve a pretty cool result. A less glaring but probably more difficult to fix problem might be the size of the upper torso/shoulders.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have to be honest till someone pointed it out, I had no plans to change anything. But the point was valid just like you'rs is too. So I do want to keep my viewer completely 100% invested when watching our movies.
Not to mention, I've having a ton of fun modding Mr. Freeze.  

rollotomasi wrote:Looks great to me, bulking up the biceps and scrawny thighs, looking more like the cryo-suit its supposed to be. Although those rectangular mouldings on the right knee look quite out of place.
Silver painted parts look better.

Maybe using a custom bald Arnie head, placed lower on the neck would address the issues of the cartoony head and the wide shoulder but honestly the big torso looks okay as is.

Thanks my friend. I finished painting and he is really looking the part as a total threat.  One possible head is arriving tomorrow. I'll see how it looks. I'll also run it by you all too.

Oh rollotomasi, how's you Zatanna coming along? I'm still waiting on the  head and hands to arrive.

7Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
He's getting closer. Head still not here.

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49842394717_b26174758f_bDSC09528 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49842090596_2c3349e924_bDSC09527 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

8Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Sat May 02, 2020 12:25 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The original version is great but your modifications are also really good, seeing the almost finished product he looks like he came that way. Really looking forward to seeing him finished!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 1f60e

9Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Sat May 02, 2020 3:55 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Theboo-bomb wrote:The original version is great but your modifications are also really good, seeing the almost finished product he looks like he came that way. Really looking forward to seeing him finished!

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to his completion too. Still waiting on a few more parts.

10Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Sat May 02, 2020 9:28 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Mr.F's looking better!

Zatanna is still waiting for her S33 body for the seamless ankle and its going to be a long wait as we're still in lockdown.

11Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Tue May 05, 2020 11:18 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
rollotomasi wrote:Mr.F's looking better!

Zatanna is still waiting for her S33 body for the seamless ankle and its going to be a long wait as we're still in lockdown.

The wait is hard to take. Looking forward to see what you do buddy.  Until then Mr. Freeze is done. Here are some pictures for now more are a comin.

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860146718_08b71de7f0_4kDSC09543 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860992647_4b8e7a8223_bDSC09542 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860992707_6f36e8436c_bDSC09541 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860992747_b4c1b4e317_bDSC09540 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860683301_c3a68af619_bDSC09539 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860992807_3d641ba5ed_bDSC09538 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49860146958_24623b7a9b_bDSC09536 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

12Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Tue May 05, 2020 11:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks really cool. What head is that? I just can’t place it. Nice job.

13Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Wed May 06, 2020 12:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I half expected an Arnie one, from that film... but it is definitely an improvement and helps your figure fit in better with the others.

14Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Wed May 06, 2020 12:58 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:That looks really cool. What head is that? I just can’t place it. Nice job.

Thanks/ I'm pretty happy with him now. The head, believe it or not, is from the 12" $8.99 Mr. Freeze 12" Action Figure Batman Missions Series.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Freeze-12-Action-Figure-Batman-Missions-Series-DC/133396255832?hash=item1f0f095458:g:J7oAAOSw2FdepjTi

GubernatorFan wrote:I half expected an Arnie one, from that film... but it is definitely an improvement and helps your figure fit in better with the others.

Thanks. I totally 100% Agree.

15Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 5:51 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Thought you all would get a kick out of the latest picture.

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49870598328_15544ec798_bDSC09544 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49871127556_7f74df66c7_bDSC09545 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49871436247_6793f4747b_bDSC09546 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 49871127441_10ac907768_bDSC09547 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

16Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty interesting. Looks like they need to do a head swap.

17Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 6:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it shows how good a choice you made.

18Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty interesting. Looks like they need to do a head swap.

They already did.
GubernatorFan wrote:I think it shows how good a choice you made.

Thanks. The dark one will be a robot henchmen.

19Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Ovy

Ovy
About that robot henchman or helmet in general, have you thought about making a 'facless' helmet that is completely covered by ice from the inside and/or outside?

20Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Ovy wrote:About that robot henchman or helmet in general, have you thought about making a 'facless' helmet that is completely covered by ice from the inside and/or outside?

I hadn't thought about that. But I hate wasting parts. So making a robot henchmen lets me use the head. Plus the head, with it's cartooning look, could pass as a robot IMHO. Thanks for the suggestion though. If I had a bunch of these figures (Black One) I would definitely do that.

21Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Fri May 08, 2020 10:18 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks really big and buff and now, I personally like the modification you did. The left one looks cool too, any plans for that one?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM 1f60e

22Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Sat May 09, 2020 7:41 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hehe, they both look like they are grumpy with each other. 'Give me my head back!' ;'D

Seriously though, this upgrade turned out better than I was expecting. A good choice of replacement head to go along with your other figures.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

23Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Empty Re: Customizing Mondo Mr. Freeze by AFM Sun May 10, 2020 12:02 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks really big and buff and now, I personally like the modification you did. The left one looks cool too, any plans for that one?

Thanks so much. The little one is done for now.
skywalkersaga wrote:Hehe, they both look like they are grumpy with each other. 'Give me my head back!' ;'D
Seriously though, this upgrade turned out better than I was expecting. A good choice of replacement head to go along with your other figures.

LOL! They do don't they? Thanks. Ya know you start with an idea, then when it's finished you share it, and others either like or hate it. I'm very happy with them too. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum