OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

RF20

It is the Viking Woman body.

GeeWillikers

RF20 wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:
Which body are you using for Arhian Hunter there, it's not the original is it?

It is the Viking Woman body.

Thought so. I've got the same sculpt on my VW body (Viking Woman, not VolksWagen, that would be weird).

Great body isn't it? Smile

GeeWillikers

The 'softer' Steampunk Red Sonja 'remix' sculpt that was used for the S28/29 base body promos and became the basis for the Black Commander sculpt. The eye colour and brow paint were changed and the hair is also a little shorter and less voluminous than BC.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 4 S-l500

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 4 S-l1600

MeMyself&I

If I were to pick any of these up, it’d be the black version. She looks the best IMO. Glad to see the head sculpts are actually quite nice (seen the parted out ones, guess the pics used weren’t the best lol). Alas, though to my wallet’s relief, she will wait. The Sideshow “The Child” is supposed to invoice this week according to BBTS and the new 2P Mai Shiranui won’t be far behind it from what I can see from other retailers. This time of year, I must be responsible enough to make up for the rest of the year :p

blackpool

blackpool
@desertdragon your pictures are sensationnal! What a gorgeous duo, thanks for sharing!

Diana

Diana
These figures and these photos are so ridiculously beautiful I'm having a hard time here. Laughing

Antmax

Antmax
Quick question... Is the body on the black spartan commander tan? I saw a lot of black spartan commander feet on ebay and need some to replace my steampunk boots Smile

These are gorgeous by the way. I have been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and an quite fond of greek style armour so I quite fancy getting one of these. Probably after I get a male figure.

Diana

Diana
Antmax wrote:Quick question... Is the body on the black spartan commander tan? I saw a lot of black spartan commander feet on ebay and need some to replace my steampunk boots Smile

These are gorgeous by the way. I have been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and an quite fond of greek style armour so I quite fancy getting one of these. Probably after I get a male figure.
It'll be suntan. Otherwise we would have heard by now, cause skin color is a big thing when it comes to TBLeague. Laughing

Antmax

Antmax
Diana wrote:
Antmax wrote:Quick question... Is the body on the black spartan commander tan? I saw a lot of black spartan commander feet on ebay and need some to replace my steampunk boots Smile

It'll be suntan. Otherwise we would have heard by now, cause skin color is a big thing when it comes to TBLeague. Laughing

Thanks Diana. It's for my first figure so I'm not too familiar with these things. I will order a pair and hope for the best, even if they are off, it's better than big boots all the time Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Antmax wrote:

Thanks Diana. It's for my first figure so I'm not too familiar with these things. I will order a pair and hope for the best, even if they are off, it's better than big boots all the time Smile
If your first figure is one of the tan-colored Phicens of 2013-2014, than it's impossible to find that same color. I've tried. Closest I've come so far is the Jiaou-Doll YS.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I know I’m a few months late to the party, but I just got this figure a few days ago. I absolutely love this head sculpt with the hair straightened. It’s probably my favorite of everything I’ve seen so far.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 4 4-F9-F7-DFF-0-D7-B-4561-B374-99-E221-C04166

csyeung

csyeung
I agree, looks very cool like that Xavion!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome! And I think Annalise would agree with you... ;'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004! What are you doing!!

Answer: Making it even harder for me to resist buying this exact figure.

This photo is spectacularly good at capturing the essence of what I love about warrior women figures. bounce

Annalise

Annalise
She looks great Xavion2004! Tough to disagree with your opinion, she's (obviously) my fav too!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks, everyone. A word of caution in case anyone is contemplating doing this: Her hair isn’t cut evenly at all. I’m sure that was by design for the hairstyle she came with. A few short snips will clean up most of it, and then you can blend the rest. The OCD part of me wants to even it all out, but not enough to risk ruining a $200 (shipped) figure that already looks great.

The black and golden Spartan Commanders are my first foray into contemporary 1/6th. I can’t go all in on this scale, so I went with my two favorites overall from this particular genre of original TBLeague creations. I wish I liked the silver version, but she just doesn’t do it for me, and I have to chose my 1/6 purchases very carefully.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Xavion2004 wrote:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 4 4-F9-F7-DFF-0-D7-B-4561-B374-99-E221-C04166

Xena Warrior Princess vibes!

Your photo is amazing and captured the grandeur and fierce presence this figure has... and it made me regret it so much for not grabbing it in time. It's getting harder and harder to get the figures out of pre-order season, because the prices do go way up way too fast.
Kudos for the shot and curse you for the temptation.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she is unusually finely done for this scale, even by TBLeague standards.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
FreakinLobster wrote:

Xena Warrior Princess vibes!

Your photo is amazing and captured the grandeur and fierce presence this figure has... and it made me regret it so much for not grabbing it in time. It's getting harder and harder to get the figures out of pre-order season, because the prices do go way up way too fast.
Kudos for the shot and curse you for the temptation.

My #1 go-to local guys, Toy Square, apparently still have a Black Commander and a Silver Commander at $179 US:  https://www.toys2.net/tbleague-black-spartan-army-commander.html . I think I got their last Golden Commander.  Store is totally reliable.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Still available at Machinegun too:
https://www.machinegun-figures.com/action-figures-tb-league-src-298-0-0-0-0-0?q=commander

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:I know I’m a few months late to the party, but I just got this figure a few days ago.  I absolutely love this head sculpt with the hair straightened.  It’s probably my favorite of everything I’ve seen so far.

OK, the spendage of 185 European bucks is officially your fault. I've been strong, but your photo made me cave. It's on YOU! (This has nothing to do with my lack of will power at all.)

FreakinLobster wrote:Xena Warrior Princess vibes!
YOU! Your fault, too, for writing what I was thinking!

TravelGuide wrote:Still available at Machinegun too
And YOU! For making me curious about this shop, thereby starting my journey down the rabbit hole, even if I ended up buying from Ebay to save shipping costs and prolong the anticipation.

And EVERYONE ELSE who said anything nice about this figure and especially about Xavion's photo! Your fault!

Ok, joking aside, I got a raise this month so I'm celebrating that with this figure that I've wanted from the first day I saw it. Don't want to wait for it to be released (or not) in 1/12.
And I'd probably get her (again) and her sisters in 1/12 anyway.

This hobby be like: NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 4 Icon_l16  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad bounce  Neutral  Twisted Evil  Rolling Eyes

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:Still available at Machinegun too
And YOU! For making me curious about this shop, thereby starting my journey down the rabbit hole, even if I ended up buying from Ebay to save shipping costs and prolong the anticipation.
Ha! I got my revenge for you making me buy Sariah. Twisted Evil

But seriously: Machinegun is a nice shop. Don't go there though if you want to get your figure first, they're often very late in getting stock (the Imperial Guardian only arrived there a few weeks ago).

suo76

Yes, that is a very convincing photo.... do you get money from Tbleague for the free ad?

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Thanks a lot for the tips, Moonbase and Travel guide. Unfortunately, the shipping cost got prohibitively high. On Machinegun, it's 60€ and on Toy Square, 190usd... Yup, shipping is more expensive than the figure itself.

Diana, I hope to see your Xena soon. Just gotta find or make her a chakram.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks a lot for the tips, Moonbase and Travel guide. Unfortunately, the shipping cost got prohibitively high. On Machinegun, it's 60€ and on Toy Square, 190usd... Yup, shipping is more expensive than the figure itself.

Diana, I hope to see your Xena soon. Just gotta find out make her a chakram.

Wow, I'm shocked and surprised about that shipping cost. So I guess it's not a case of you regretting it so much for not grabbing it in time, or harder to get the figures out of pre-order season because the prices go way up way too fast. Rather it looks like regular price + harsh regular shipping was always prohibitive. Sorry to hear that. (At least Toy Square's price is $43 cheaper than Machinegun). You might want to send Toy Square an email just in case the "automatic" shipping calculator has gone wonky and an actual shipping cost could be much less -- I've heard of that happening.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I got mine from Monkey Depot.  I’m not sure what their international rates are like, though.  Ekia had all three of them in stock the last time I looked, but again, shipping costs. Even inside of the U.S. they’re running me $20 to $30 USD shipped.  That’s what I pay for DHL on 1/12 figures from Japan.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks a lot for the tips, Moonbase and Travel guide. Unfortunately, the shipping cost got prohibitively high. On Machinegun, it's 60€ and on Toy Square, 190usd... Yup, shipping is more expensive than the figure itself.

Diana, I hope to see your Xena soon. Just gotta find out make her a chakram.

Wow, I'm shocked and surprised about that shipping cost.  So I guess it's not a case of you regretting it so much for not grabbing it in time, or harder to get the figures out of pre-order season because the prices go way up way too fast.  Rather it looks like regular price  + harsh regular shipping was always prohibitive.  Sorry to hear that.  (At least Toy Square's price is $43 cheaper than Machinegun).  You might want to send Toy Square an email just in case the "automatic" shipping calculator has gone wonky and an actual shipping cost could be much less -- I've heard of that happening.

That's a good idea. I just sent them an e-mail requesting an updated shipping cost. Wish me luck.

But for me there is still a rush to get a better deal on Asian stores that offer free shipping. They always declare a lower value (~20USD) on the package to avoid fees. Some European, US and Canadian stores don't do that, only declaring the real value of the purchase, and that makes it very risky for me, because the total cost almost doubles if the customs catch it. Brazil has an extremely high taxation over everything, specially import products. I hope Toy Square can help me on this one.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
FreakinLobster wrote:
That's a good idea. I just sent them an e-mail requesting an updated shipping cost. Wish me luck.

But for me there is still a rush to get a better deal on Asian stores that offer free shipping. They always declare a lower value (~20USD) on the package to avoid fees. Some European, US and Canadian stores don't do that, only declaring the real value of the purchase, and that makes it very risky for me, because the total cost almost doubles if the customs catch it. Brazil has an extremely high taxation over everything, specially import products. I hope Toy Square can help me on this one.

Good luck! I'm pretty optimistic for you on hopefully reduced shipping cost, but the valuation issue may be out of their hands.  I sympathize, Canada is the same way, with a fairly heavy Customs levy and unpredictability when it applies.  When I used to buy more through EBay, it was a constant worry.  Typically the $20 valuation thing is something you can maybe hope for from some guy's E-Bay "store," but not so much from an actual retail operation with a brick and mortar store, a volume of sales, etc.  Like, Walmart wouldn't do it.  Again though, if your purchase works out, it will at least be regular price, and free of aftermarket mark-up.

Selfishly I hope you get that last one, and free me of the temptation that's built up from the pics above.  With the Defender, Knight of Fire, Winged Kier and Ra all coming up, I really can't justify a second color version of the Commander after I got the Gold.  Here's how self-delusional I am:  if it was normal times, I would probably routinely visit the store and then tell myself it was just another "impulse" purchase.  But we are still in Covid Shut-Down, so I would have to commit to the purchase beforehand, and then go pick it up curbside -- and so far I have stopped myself.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s fun to be the enabler for change.  Usually, I’m the one being enabled.  Wink

Diana, I know you were trying to hold out for 1/12 versions, and I was too, but the details that make this sculpt so special would likely be lost in the translation.  (See what a great enabler I am?  I don’t disappear after the purchase is made.  I’m here to help with any post purchase anxiety as well! Laughing )

As far as getting paid by TBLeague goes, I would settle for wholesale pricing and free shipping direct from the factory on future releases.  That seems reasonable, right?  Wink

Here’s another photo I took this afternoon.  Same basic stance, same location, same lighting, but this time, the front of her hair is curled slightly upward on her shoulders and blended in with the rest of her hair. It gives her a softer look, but all I need to do is bring her hair back forward over her shoulders and she’s right back to her bad ass warrior woman look.  I know a lot of it is probably the move up from 1/12 to 1/6 in general, but it amazes me how versatile this sculpt is.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 4 BE9103-AE-CE9-E-43-EA-8-AE0-47695-AEB35-AD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum