OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Curious, do you notice any difference in the size? I know sometimes KO's are somewhat smaller than the originals. Wondering if that is the case here... it's quite hard to tell just from the photo.

Randam states the knockoff head is indeed a little bit smaller.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Curious, do you notice any difference in the size? I know sometimes KO's are somewhat smaller than the originals. Wondering if that is the case here... it's quite hard to tell just from the photo.

Randam states the knockoff head is indeed a little bit smaller.

Oops, my bad, missed that. Thanks.

FreakinLobster

Now the eyelashes bother me even more on the KO. The eye painting is way better on the original. Still, I'm gonna try the toothpick method that skywalkersaga said on a KO, cuz the original is way overpriced for me to grab one.

csyeung

Thanks for the direct comparison Randam. This is definitely useful for the future as well for people to determine if they are getting an authentic head or not online. I think overall for a knockoff and price, it's pretty good if that's what you were looking for. You can tell side by side that the painting on the original is more saturated. The face sculpture is a bit sharper/chiseled on the original. If you had some skill with painting, I'm sure a repaint could make the KO look pretty good. I agree with freakinglobster, the eyelashes do stand out more in the KO, but I'm sure a bit of eyeshadow can push it back a bit.

Hrimgrimnirr

Hi, it's my first figure and I wasn't satisfied with the out of the box body. After reading this thread i couldn't decide which body to choose so I got s23b. Still waiting for delivery. How is it compared to the original body? Is head really looking smaller on it? Should I return it and get s25b or some other one?

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 20211010

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It might be ok, but the issue you may run into is the fit of the clothing. A user here named doodlehobby did a swap and did manage to get the VC Villa suit onto an 23, but it was a tight fit. It may fit an s17 somewhat more easily. But this outfit is somewhat different than the VC Villa's clothing, so it could be fine.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
25b would probably be most similiar in size, a 23b is taller. However, the Miss Spetsnaz' clothes are much looser than Villa so I think it should still work.

PS congrats! She's a great figure! Also, welcome to the board!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The s25b body would likely be too small for the VeryCool clothing (just based on my previous experience). As csyeung says, I honestly think the s23b will be fine, but there's always the s17b if not.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Hrimgrimnirr

Has anyone tried to untangle the braid? I've bought another head on taobao for 160RMB to try. Hope it's not fake, looks genuine on the photo.

I also got scar 20 rifle and gru sniper ghillie suit. Will post some photos after delivery.

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 Tb_ima10

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
That does look like the original in the photo, but if you do get the counterfeit head is beautiful too, so you can’t really lose.

You mentioned that this was your first figure. Here’s my advice:

Leave her as she is. Don’t try to move her to a different body.

The talented people on this board make it look easy because they have a lot of experience kitbashing figures and swapping out clothes and bodies. Keep the S23B body when it arrives, get a few random items of clothing on the cheap manufactured by different companies, and practice with them before you start taking apart a $200 figure.

Unfortunately, I speak from experience here.

csyeung

csyeung
The one in the picture looks to be of an authentic head, you can tell by the thicker/smoother eyebrows and smokey eyes which also make the eyelashes also blend in. However, ebay and aliexpress may just be using authentic pics. The KOs go for 25-30 on ebay and the authentic usually around 40 from what I've seen.

Hrimgrimnirr

Xavion2004 wrote:You mentioned that this was your first figure.  Here’s my advice:

Leave her as she is.  Don’t try to move her to a different body.

The talented people on this board make it look easy because they have a lot of experience kitbashing figures and swapping out clothes and bodies.   Keep the S23B body when it arrives, get a few random items of clothing on the cheap  manufactured by different companies, and practice with them before you start taking apart a $200 figure.

I'm on a business trip in China now and I paid 1000rmb~150$ for it.
I have access to all spare parts and clothes on taobao. If I destroy something then I can replace it quickly. Money is not a big issue for me.

Anyways I'm completing outfits and I have difficulties with finding shoes. I went to local figures store and all shoes were 1cm longer, from man figures probably. Are there any tactical black boots that will fit phicen? Are phicen feet same size like verycool ones? Maybe i should get vcl-1004 shoes?

csyeung

csyeung
Hrimgrimnirr wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:You mentioned that this was your first figure.  Here’s my advice:

Leave her as she is.  Don’t try to move her to a different body.

The talented people on this board make it look easy because they have a lot of experience kitbashing figures and swapping out clothes and bodies.   Keep the S23B body when it arrives, get a few random items of clothing on the cheap  manufactured by different companies, and practice with them before you start taking apart a $200 figure.

I'm on a business trip in China now and I paid 1000rmb~150$ for it.
I have access to all spare parts and clothes on taobao. If I destroy something then I can replace it quickly. Money is not a big issue for me.

Anyways I'm completing outfits and I have difficulties with finding shoes. I went to local figures store and all shoes were 1cm longer, from man figures probably. Are there any tactical black boots that will fit phicen? Are phicen feet same size like verycool ones? Maybe i should get vcl-1004 shoes?

If you are looking for compatible shoes, look for ones from the same brand. Tbleague has made many figures themselves so I would look for shoes from those set. For example, Nancy in Hell is a figure they made with some long black boots. Those are nicely made and will fit on a tbleague 23 peg. Alternatively, you can also look for hollow shoes or shoes that fit the feet. (tbleague bodies come with a pair of feet and you can just put them in the shoe). Most hollow male shoes shoud fit, but can be loose. Verycool has made several tactical sets with shoes. You can also look into other sets from different companies that make female figures and look for those shoes (dam toys have made some female tactical figures as well). The only concern with those is that the peg may be too big or too small because they are different brands. Hope that helps.

Hrimgrimnirr

Got the s23b body a moment ago. It's slightly taller than original. Great looking overall but there's bigger gap between head and neck. I will post better photos soon.

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 20211011

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Heads sitting too high or too low is a common problem. If you can carefully remove the inside neck connector, you can come up with a more flexible connection and a better fit. There are a couple of head- and neck-modification tutorials in Home > Tutorials that might be helpful.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Well, so much for my advice.  Why can’t I get away with stuff like this?!?  Laughing

The pants look great on the 23B body.  Now I’m looking forward to seeing the full swap!

Hrimgrimnirr

Second head came today. Seller had photos of genuine one but sent fake instead. On taobao fake starts from 100rmb. I paid 150. There's only one, probably genuine for 400rmb. Fake looks better with hair untangled. I'm still waiting for uniforms and clothes. Will do complete photo session when they deliver.

I'm new to this so you probably noticed already. I can do better poses with verycool body than phicen. For example when I wanted to do battle stand with rifle aimed straight I wasn't able to bend the elbow that much on phicen. Also phicen wrists are very fragile when switching hands. It's easy to tear the silicone. Like you said before clothes barely fit on phicen. It was very difficult to put hoodie on. I'm leaving China in 2 months so I have to do all possible damage when I can replace or buy new one for cheap Smile

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 20211012

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is frustrating you were sent a knockoff, but they both look great. And now they can be slightly different. Like sisters. Did they advertise it as genuine? As for the photos, they are often too lazy to take their own of the actual product, and use either promotional images or someone else's photos -- sometimes perhaps not even knowing whether there is a genuine or knockoff difference between them.

Hrimgrimnirr

Here is my first out of three kitbash figures. Fake miss spetsnaz head with dam78078 gear and scar 20s from easy&simple. I'm still waiting for things to come from taobao. By the end of next week i should have everything done.

Uniform is way too big. At first I wanted to put it on phicen s23 but it looked even worse.
Here on s23 body:
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 20211015

Here is verycool:
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 20211016

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 20211017

csyeung

csyeung
Looking good!

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Here is Miss Spetsnaz in her civilian clothing. She just visited her family in Charkov, and now she is back in her domicile outside of the Ukraine.
But she promises that she will be back...

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 04a10

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)
https://www.onesixthuals.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great, Bruno, but be careful with the forum's policy on political issues. By the way, if she is Ukrainian, she would probably be referring to the city as Kharkiv.

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
GubernatorFan wrote: By the way, if she is Ukrainian, she would probably be referring to the city as Kharkiv.

Yes, of course you are correct regarding Kharkiv! But she is not one of those Nationalists from Western Ukraine, but keeps speaking Russian - as do actually the majority of Ukrainians (except their politicians).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
one/sixth-uals wrote:Yes, of course you are correct regarding Kharkiv! But she is not one of those Nationalists from Western Ukraine, but keeps speaking Russian - as do actually the majority of Ukrainians (except their politicians).

Interesting, did not know that.

JohnByng

Perhaps, considering the forum's policy of a ban on political matters, there should also be a ban on any political action figures? V. Putin, D. Trump, A. Hitler, J. Stalin W. Churchill etc. Plus all the political military figures like SS and NKVD. Also modern Russian soldiers should be nixed, as the Russian military is de facto a political entity.

I am not being a smartass ( I hope) this is a serious suggestion and in line with the policy.

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
GubernatorFan wrote:

Interesting, did not know that.

Actually I should clarify: ALL Ukrainians speak Russian and Ukrainian. The people in cities prefer Russian, the ones in the countryside prefer Ukrainian.

But politicians in Ukraine use now deliberately Ukrainian language, to make a point. Often they actually sound a bit awkward, because for them Ukrainian is the 2nd language, and Russian the first.

Sorry of this topic turns a bit into the political realm, but I could not resist using Miss Spetsnaz for this currently highly relevant issue Smile

I have a friend whose parents live in Moscow, and his other family and friends live in Kiev. The whole situation is horrible for him, as you can imagine. And there are many more like him. Links between Ukraine and Russia are plenty. And nobody understands Putin and his war...

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Perhaps, considering the forum's policy of a ban on political matters, there should also be a ban on any political action figures? V. Putin, D. Trump, A. Hitler, J. Stalin W. Churchill etc. Plus all the political military figures like SS and NKVD. Also modern Russian soldiers should be nixed, as the Russian military is de facto a political entity.

I am not being a smartass ( I hope) this is a serious suggestion and in line with the policy.

Well... it depends what you do with them, I suppose. If you are just reviewing a Putin or Trump or Biden or Obama action figure (set or kitbash), objectively (likeness, accessories, articulation), that's fine. Same with Stalin, Hitler, Churchill, etc. Besides, those last three are history, although the repercussions of their policies may still be with us today. While I'm not really a fan of relativism, if you nix all modern Russian soldiers, there would be (for someone anyway) as much of a rationale to nix all US soldiers, all Chinese soldiers, all British soldiers, all Roman soldiers, etc. Again, exploring products, kitbashes, historical or fantasy reenactments must be fine... as long as we do not go veering off the path into propaganda and recrimination territory. If we nix all that, what is left? Only fantasy/sci-fi?

one/sixth-uals wrote:Actually I should clarify: ALL Ukrainians speak Russian and Ukrainian. The people in cities prefer Russian, the ones in the countryside prefer Ukrainian.

But politicians in Ukraine use now deliberately Ukrainian language, to make a point. Often they actually sound a bit awkward, because for them Ukrainian is the 2nd language, and Russian the first.

Sorry of this topic turns a bit into the political realm, but I could not resist using Miss Spetsnaz for this currently highly relevant issue Smile

I have a friend whose parents live in Moscow, and his other family and friends live in Kiev. The whole situation is horrible for him, as you can imagine. And there are many more like him. Links between Ukraine and Russia are plenty. And nobody understands Putin and his war...

Naturally, I expected that those who grew up in Soviet times would have been able to communicate in Russian, I was just surprised that for many of them (actual Russians apart) Ukrainian is not their first language. But it makes sense, given what you shared.

One certainly does not have to agree with either side in this conflict to understand, to some degree, its motivation and its perception of justification. And I know enough of history to realize that there is always potential for nuance -- again, not trying to be a relativist. I suppose a Ukrainian character wishing an invader leave her country is only natural and basic enough. But this is not a venue that is either appropriate or constructive to argue these things out (or to sound off any political platform), so let's leave it at that and not stir the flames of argument and recrimination by pursuing this further. And let's hope all sides in the actual conflict quickly return to the negotiation table and make whatever mutual agreements and concessions are necessary to resume peaceful and hopefully friendly coexistence.

JohnByng

"If we nix all that, what is left? Only fantasy/sci-fi?"

Isn't that the logical extension of the policy? Politics is everywhere and in everything. Perhaps you are correct that all soldier figures (past and present) should be banned as they represent political actions by nation states.

Censorship is a difficult business.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s also a fine line to walk trying not to over censor and still keep posts going. I am VERY aware and active when it comes to politics, and the number of times I’ve had to just scream to myself about how stupid and unaware the average person is is often overwhelming, but I still bite my tongue and drop it; it’s not easy, but it’s often necessary to “keep the peace”. We can’t just ban entire groups of figures (and in the process, groups of collectors), just because self-censorship is sometimes too difficult. We are a 1/6th community, and we need to be welcoming of all types of genres and niches (as long as we keep it within the bounds of forum policies).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 9 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum