OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Ghost808

gooboo wrote:I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this got around $100 honestly. The latest Kier head is close to that.

The Kerr head is going for $108 at present on ebay.

I want this head, but scalpers can kiss my sheriffs badge. Too much price hiking in 1/6 scale lately, and I can only assume its continuing and growing, because some are paying these stupid prices.

csyeung

Ghost808 wrote:
gooboo wrote:I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this got around $100 honestly. The latest Kier head is close to that.

I want this head, but scalpers can kiss my sheriffs badge. Too much price hiking in 1/6 scale lately, and I can only assume its continuing and growing, because some are paying these stupid prices.

Yea that's why I went for the figure in this instance, for not much more I get a whole figure!

glitch

csyeung wrote:Just got invoiced for this from GT, so should be incoming really soon!
Thats good news! I pre-ordered from GT as well, but payed in full so I haven't gotten an invoice.
I'm guessing it'll get shipped out next week then. I have something in mind for that head sculpt. verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 1f60e
Not sure what I'll do with the rest of her stuff though.

skywalkersaga

Thanks for the heads-up that it's coming soon!

gooboo

Now I'm seeing it getting parted out on ebay but... no heads, anywhere. I wonder where the spare heads have gone.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:Now I'm seeing it getting parted out on ebay but... no heads, anywhere. I wonder where the spare heads have gone.

They’re waiting for the feeding frenzy so they can jack up the price, like every scalper throughout history.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ghost808 wrote:

I think the crazy price increases of the last year are most showing in the parted out section - here you realize how expensive the figure market really got most of the time! If you see plastic swords or belts for 30+ dollar you know there has to be a limit somewhere...

Some companies go for faux/real leather belts or dicast weapons which makes such purchases not too bad. But if you see a figure with only a few scraps of cloth and a plastic weapon go for 200+ ...how can you price this when parted out? Only thing they can do is rising the prices for the HS I think. Because buying a small hood for $50?   rabbit

On topic: I'm eager to see this head in hand! Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree with you, Valiarde. Though some of the prices for even the plastic outfit pieces can be ridiculous these days. Everything seems to be pushing £20-30 or so. You used to be able to find a lot more accessories for £10 or less, but I noticed that starting this year, that is becoming extremely rare. I now find it increasingly too expensive to afford to put together fully kitbashed outfits. Getting to the point where I may be forced to start creating my own footwear as even 1/6 shoes seem way more expensive than usual. Why is a tiny pair of 1/6 high heels going for over £20????

I'm also keen to see this headsculpt in hand. I'm sure it will be up to the usual VC quality standards, but my only reservation is with the facial expression. I like the subtle half-smile in theory, but still wondering how it actually turned out.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

glitch

glitch
One of the main reasons for those price hikes is due to insane shipping prices, thanks to covid. And of course postal services have figured out that they can seriously cash in on it too...so why not?
In Canada, shipping something as small as a head sculpt to another province in the same freaking country costs little over $18 cad (using the most basic ship method). So if I were to sell a head sculpt for $25, I'm not exactly gaining much. :S
And since those prices have become a thing now due to all of this crap, I don't see them ever going back down again either. I mean why would they? They've already tested the waters and found buyers willing to pay their crazy fees.
It sucks, but what can you do?
I've been considering going into 1/12 scale because of it all. It's starting to become a very expensive hobby these days. Sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, those are all good points, glitch.

I wish I could consider 1/12, but I really don't like it as a scale. It's too small for my tastes. And yes, I know that they are making strides to improve the quality and realism, but I just don't enjoy handling, painting, or making clothing for figures when they are that small.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Woohoo! Just paid my invoice from OSK!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 C8485110

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:Now I'm seeing it getting parted out on ebay but... no heads, anywhere. I wonder where the spare heads have gone.

Where are you seeing parts this figure? Any links? I have automatic notifications set up for anything related to this figure on ebay. Still only getting whole figure listings sent to my email. Are you sure you're not seeing Kerr stuff? There is still some of that stuff popping up (at inflated prices).

Ghost808

Ghost808
glitch wrote:One of the main reasons for those price hikes is due to insane shipping prices, thanks to covid. And of course postal services have figured out that they can seriously cash in on it too...so why not?
In Canada, shipping something as small as a head sculpt to another province in the same freaking country costs little over $18 cad (using the most basic ship method). So if I were to sell a head sculpt for $25, I'm not exactly gaining much. :S
And since those prices have become a thing now due to all of this crap, I don't see them ever going back down again either. I mean why would they? They've already tested the waters and found buyers willing to pay their crazy fees.
It sucks, but what can you do?
I've been considering going into 1/12 scale because of it all. It's starting to become a very expensive hobby these days. Sad

A lot of the ebay parted out sales, at least in my experience, come directly from the manufacturers or retailers in china, taken from intentionally split figures, or damages/returns. Chinese post, such as speed pak, is still really cheap, (at least to the UK) but the prices are still hiking up and up.
I think it is sadly you are right that some are paying inflated prices, and the sellers in China too have realised they can inflate prices as well.

The whole hobby is getting silly, price-wise.
I mean look at some of these ridiculous figures that come with nothing but a plastic bikini, sword, and like one knee pad...$250!!

Lucifer figures, of which I have some parted bits, are always pretty shoddy quality, and poorly painted, plasticky looking, yet they are routinely the most expensive non Hot Toys figures out there...but people pay it.

gooboo

Type in "verycool vcf-2052" and you'll get various listings.

Just found a link for the headsculpt. As of typing this there's two available-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VeryCool-VCF-2052-1-6-Scale-Russian-Special-Combat-Women-Soldier-Head-Sculpt/353450784813?hash=item524b4ef82d:g:4S4AAOSwkGVgcNb9

Currently selling at $70. The headsculpt is nice, but a little plain, so I think I'm going to pass.

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:Type in "verycool vcf-2052" and you'll get various listings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VeryCool-VCF-2052-1-6-Scale-Russian-Special-Combat-Women-Soldier-Head-Sculpt/353450784813?hash=item524b4ef82d:g:4S4AAOSwkGVgcNb9

Currently selling at $70. The headsculpt is nice, but a little plain, so I think I'm going to pass.

Thanks. Seems notifications on Ebay are utterly useless!
I had notifications set for anything listing "verycool" ,"VCF-2052", "spetsnaz", etc....not a bloody sausage! 😄

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:Type in "verycool vcf-2052" and you'll get various listings.

I agree also. It's nowhere near as beautiful as the promo shots. It's worth $40 max. I'm going to pass too.

Edit: also just noticed, the seller has enabled the hidden VAT option, meaning it's actually $84 if you are a UK buyer. So that is a definite no from me!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, well... more for me. verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 1f61c

Ghost808

Ghost808
skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, well... more for me.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 1f61c

So you're the one hiking up the scalper prices!! 😆

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ghost808 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, well... more for me.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 1f61c

So you're the one hiking up the scalper prices!! 😆

LOL, if only I could actually afford to do that. This is the first thing I've considered buying from ebay in months...

glitch

glitch
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 Sfhd10
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 Sdg10

Not surprised that it doesn't look exactly like the promo pics, they rarely ever do.
Still, it's pretty darn close though. And it sure is expensive enough. I really wouldn't mind having a spare one.
In case someone wants to buy one from me at an insanely inflated price in the future! verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 1f62c Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It does seem extremely close. I don't think some of the earlier pics did it justice.

Usually these VeryCool heads are fairly close to the prototype. I'd say the main area where they differ is in the lip colour application. But this is typical of almost all 1/6 scale mass-produced headsculpts. They tend to paint (print?) the lip colour in such a way that it doesn't actually fully touch the edge of the bottom lip. This is most likely as a precaution so it doesn't bleed over, but it overcompensates and ends up leaving a noticeable amount of the lip uncoloured. This can actually change the entire appearance of the face (makes the chin look larger, for one). It is fairly easily solved though, if one is brave enough to do a slight lip repaint/touch up.

Illusion

Illusion
glitch wrote:[url=https://servimg.com/view/20309388/20]verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 3 Sfhd10...

this looks cute. Thanks!

got my shipping notice this morning. final judgement when in my hands Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good luck, Illusion! Smile

And eep....they've already jacked up the price of the parted out heads on ebay.... now going for £90 ($120). Shocked

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote: now going for £90 ($120). Shocked  

Well. Neutral

I like it, but there's no way I'm going to pay that for it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote: now going for £90 ($120). Shocked  

Well. Neutral  

I like it, but there's no way I'm going to pay that for it.

It certainly would make more sense to purchase the entire figure, at that rate.

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:...

It certainly would make more sense to purchase the entire figure, at that rate.

that is what I usually do when I like just parts of a figure...
however, I have next to never gotten around to sell the less enticing pieces but have kept the full figure alien

Ovy

Ovy
Well, this head looks nice and all, but what is it that makes all of you so obsessed with it? Razz
Is it the subtle Mona Lisa smile sky mentioned, making her a little more alive than the other girls out there?

I think they could.make a lot more money only selling the heads, but that goes for damtoys too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:Well, this head looks nice and all, but what is it that makes all of you so obsessed with it? Razz
Is it the subtle Mona Lisa smile sky mentioned, making her a little more alive than the other girls out there?

I think they could.make a lot more money only selling the heads, but that goes for damtoys too.

I can't speak for others on the thread, but for me, I was struck by the potential of the headsculpt for two different possible figures I wanted to make (NOT Star Wars, in this case). Also, I did like the subtle smile -- it was less weird and creepy looking than the previous VeryCool figure that had a more exaggerated smile. And finally, the promo image looked very similar to a friend of mine from Iceland. It was a combination of the above factors plus that unexpected familiarity that drew me to the sculpt.

So, perhaps there's nothing inherently mind-blowing about it, but I had a lot of random converging reasons to like it. ;p

Agree that VC should sell heads separately, for sure.

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
if she wasn't smiling or had a little smirk I'd like it, but due to the expression I lost interest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum