OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

GeeWillikers

*throws hat in ring*

I'm also seeing a hint of Gemma Arterton in there, although maybe it's in the expression more than in the actual features. Love that braid, it would indeed make a great Lara Croft.

Gotta have this sculpt, there aren't enough brunette braids made with rooted 'hair' out there (blondes and redheads don't count - Tariah from TBL has two!).

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I can see a bit of Gemma Arterton in this. Hmmm, Lara Croft or Gretel...

GeeWillikers

Stryker2011 wrote:I can see a bit of Gemma Arterton in this. Hmmm, Lara Croft or Gretel...

Well... there are enough Jeremy Renner sculpts out there... Wink

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I can see a bit of Gemma Arterton in this. Hmmm, Lara Croft or Gretel...

Well... there are enough Jeremy Renner sculpts out there... Wink

That’s what I was thinking... The real issue is the costumes and weapons. I already have about 2 dozen characters I want to make that require custom outfits. Gaghhh!

glitch

glitch
I really like that head sculpt. Hopefully it'll turn out exactly the same as in the photo's.
As mentioned by other posts, definitely seeing potential for a custom Lara Croft with that sculpt as well.
I might just keep the head from that kit and sell everything else. Although the outfit and weapons do look pretty darn nice too.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous headsculpt — it may be based off someone, but to me it looks unrecognisable, which is why i like it.

Just wish parted out  HS’s were not so expensive.

Exactly my thoughts.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is one of the heads I’m waiting for the most right now— I keep checking every day in case it’s parted out. 😩 I know it would be easier to PO the full figure, but its hard to justify when all I want is the head. Really hoping this one will work on an s25b. 🤞🏼

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

glitch

glitch
I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling catching an extra head sculpt from this figure could be tough. Other than pre-sales on ebay, I'm seeing it sold out nearly everywhere already.
When I pre-ordered mine, I went back to the same site the next day and it was already sold out. :S

Ovy

Ovy
packraptor wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
gooboo wrote:That's a very pretty head sculpt.

Looks a little bit like a young Angelina Jolie (before all the unnecessary plastic surgeries and extreme weight loss). It seems out of place for this set, however, much like all of their Military Babes.

I wonder if PitViper would let me have the head if he's at all interested in this set...?

I'm fairly certain that this head-sculpt is based on model-turned-actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. She's probably best known for her role as Shia Lebeouf's love-interest in "Transformers: Dark of The Moon".

Here's a couple photos of her:

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 Image10
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 Cdn_cl10

agentghost wrote:verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 21240310

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 35476c35b8c67d25d5a7810b2a219414

IT'S Rachel Weisz from the Stalingrad battle (Film: Enemy at the Gate)

csyeung wrote:Haha this feels like the masked singer for 1/6 scale sculpts. I think a younger Rachel Weisz could fit the bill but would seem an odd choice to base a sculpt on a younger version as black widow would be releasing soon.

BUT HEAR ME OUT! I know EXACTLY who this is. She's often shown in pictures with Cara Delevingne , and Verycool produced a 1/6 female military figure with a close likeness to Cara, 3 times no less. This sculpt is none other than actress Lily Collins!

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 58ccf79951d0bb41cc2d67f7_GettyImages-80299064verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 1zdX3LL09ABJqWDdLRA0IaZRR9eop5-f-PWsMV-135jO_1Y8qrcFh8gH41aoSLTECPEF5M2h8OMT06_l4F0oNiiY8BVJ0pwJbzAbPyFKvUclSlY4qgsdRRD6Uju1gwbukqqw_IGfwroPivjh

Haha, just having fun,  I could be wrong. Could just be because I watched a movie with her in it today.

csyeung wrote:Could also be model Barbara Palvin

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 Barbara-palvin-hair-21-500x750

Nice tries, but I think you are all wrong. Pretty sure the head is based on character actor Daniel Day Lewis:

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 ?m=02&d=20171221&t=2&i=1216201379&w=780&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXMPEDBK17G

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, Ovy, you definitely nailed it. Laughing

I don't actually see much resemblance to any of those actresses or models. She does however look almost exactly like one of my friends from Iceland (or at least, how she looked when I lived there 10+ yrs ago).

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
glitch1044 wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling catching an extra head sculpt from this figure could be tough. Other than pre-sales on ebay,  I'm seeing it sold out nearly everywhere already.
When I pre-ordered mine, I went back to the same site the next day and it was already sold out. :S
When you get her, I'd appreciate some pictures, because the HS is very pretty. And as some already mentioned, I wonder if it's as good as in the promopictures.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's true that the figure seems sold out in most places, but do ebay sellers not part out figures anymore? I know the parted out stuff seems to be few and far between nowadays, but I thought for sure something like this would get parted out somewhere.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:It's true that the figure seems sold out in most places, but do ebay sellers not part out figures anymore? I know the parted out stuff seems to be few and far between nowadays, but I thought for sure something like this would get parted out somewhere.
I'm seeing a lot of things parted out on Ebay. And I would expect this one to be too. It has so many items that will sell (easy) separately.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
TravelGuide wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:It's true that the figure seems sold out in most places, but do ebay sellers not part out figures anymore? I know the parted out stuff seems to be few and far between nowadays, but I thought for sure something like this would get parted out somewhere.
I'm seeing a lot of things parted out on Ebay. And I would expect this one to be too. It has so many items that will sell (easy) separately.

Yeah, the hardest part is actually catching the individual listing(s) before it's all gone. Sometimes I don't realise a figure is already out and end up missing the parted out stuff. Or, I'm not prepared in advance to afford the exhorbitant parted out headsculpt prices so I have to pass on it in the moment, and then by the time I go back to get it it's all gone (missed out on that DamToys Bayek head that way). But with this one, I want it so bad I will buy it the instant I see it...just need to actually get to the listing soon enough. Razz

csyeung

csyeung
I do have this on pre order from Giantoy and as far as I know they haven't sent me an invoice for it yet, but I can let you guys know when I do so you can start looking out for the HS. I'll post pictures of course when I get it.

glitch

glitch
TravelGuide wrote:
glitch1044 wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling catching an extra head sculpt from this figure could be tough. Other than pre-sales on ebay,  I'm seeing it sold out nearly everywhere already.
When you get her, I'd appreciate some pictures, because the HS is very pretty. And as some already mentioned, I wonder if it's as good as in the promopictures.
Yes! I will definitely do that as soon at it arrives.
I usually check Toypanic's site for release dates, and it last showed a release date of April.
Kinda odd thing though, I ordered mine from Giantoy and didn't get the usual option for deposit. Had to pay the full price right away. :S

csyeung

csyeung
glitch1044 wrote:Kinda odd thing though, I ordered mine from Giantoy and didn't get the usual option for deposit. Had to pay the full price right away. :S

Strange! Must be limited quantities. I just checked and it's sold out at Giantoy. I ordered mine very close to announcement though so only needed to pay deposit.

Ghost808

Ghost808
TravelGuide wrote:

Sadly, chances are, this HS is likely to be $100+ based on recent Verycool HS scalper prices. The verycoll "Kerr" HS was going recently for $108 and it seems somebody paid it too!

Annalise

Annalise
If anyone's interested, it's still available to preorder at Ekia, Monkey Depot, Cotswold and BBTS. Ekia says expected release is March 31.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Annalise wrote:If anyone's interested, it's still available to preorder at Ekia, Monkey Depot, Cotswold and BBTS. Ekia says expected release is March 31.

Thanks for the heads-up!

csyeung

csyeung
Just got invoiced for this from GT, so should be incoming really soon!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, I hope so, been waiting for what seems like forever.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 C8485110

gooboo

Interesting- usually stuff gets parted out on ebay first before ending up in Asia-based stores, then US stores. I don't see pieces of this figure available yet on ebay.

I'm hoping maybe to snag the head, but it might also end up being too expensive to justify buying it.

csyeung

csyeung
yea the verycool heads are getting pretty expensive on ebay. I often see them around the 40-50 range and up.

gooboo

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this got around $100 honestly. The latest Kier head is close to that.

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this got around $100 honestly. The latest Kier head is close to that.

The Kerr head is going for $108 at present on ebay.

I want this head, but scalpers can kiss my sheriffs badge. Too much price hiking in 1/6 scale lately, and I can only assume its continuing and growing, because some are paying these stupid prices.

csyeung

csyeung
Ghost808 wrote:
gooboo wrote:I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this got around $100 honestly. The latest Kier head is close to that.

The Kerr head is going for $108 at present on ebay.

I want this head, but scalpers can kiss my sheriffs badge. Too much price hiking in 1/6 scale lately, and I can only assume its continuing and growing, because some are paying these stupid prices.

Yea that's why I went for the figure in this instance, for not much more I get a whole figure!

glitch

glitch
csyeung wrote:Just got invoiced for this from GT, so should be incoming really soon!
Thats good news! I pre-ordered from GT as well, but payed in full so I haven't gotten an invoice.
I'm guessing it'll get shipped out next week then. I have something in mind for that head sculpt. verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 2 1f60e
Not sure what I'll do with the rest of her stuff though.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the heads-up that it's coming soon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum