OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
If you're just tuning in, please check out Part 1 here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2927-the-haunting-of-brightwood-asylum-part-1-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

And 2 here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2949-the-haunting-of-brightwood-asylum-part-2-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

And now

Part 3:

With the binding pendant finished, Alice, Delia, Thornapple, and Isblomma hurried back to Brightwood Asylum just before dawn.  Maybe it was the exhaustion, but things seemed so well in hand, they had stopped considering what could go wrong.   All they had to do was slip back in, bind Lorelei to the necklace, and slip out.  There was still a charge in the hand of glory, and they had no reason to worry about the asylum's wards that prevented most common casting.  They never imagined that something would have gotten there ahead of them. Someone had already had Lorelei killed for what she knew. And now, they had conjured something far more malignant to make sure her secrets stayed buried.

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-001_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-002_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-003_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-004_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-005_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-006_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-007_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-008_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-009_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-010_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-011_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-012_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-013_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-014_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-015_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-016_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-017_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-018_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-019_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-020_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-021_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-022_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-023_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-024_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-025_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-026_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-027b_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-028_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-029_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-030_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-031_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-032_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-033_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-034_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-035_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-036_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-037_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-038_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-039_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-040_orig

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  Haunting3-041_orig

brassco

brassco
Girls power! Story telling without dialogue! Great pictures as always, with excellent kit-bashing!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. Very cool sequel. The wordless narrative does seem to work remarkably well. And love what you did with that Alien (?). Beautifully posed and shot (with some very interesting reflections), and I'm impressed horny girl's punching fist cleared her horns. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No words needed! Another well-told and gripping entry. I was sooo not expecting something like that either , but I’m glad to see the girls kicking ass once again. And yay, they got Lorelei out! Can she leave the grounds? Curious who put that creature there, and what will happen next. Smile

Also curious how you made/customised the alien monster!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Excellent finale (?) to the asylum, and more great poses and action sequences. Did Delia's first spell attack not work on the demon creature? And way to go Isblomma, she laid out that critter onto the...s****er. Razz The reflections in the last shots worked out quite well too, and there's something vaguely hypnotic about Delia's leggings and Lorelei's shirt against the pattern of the black and white tile floor.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was epic, indeed. Love the use of Ripley's offspring as a demon conjured to kill Lorelei. And -- Whew! What an outcome. Beautiful and creepy photos and setting. Love it. Looking forward to seeing who the evil mastermind behind all this truly is (and what secrets Lorelei holds). Another great installment.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic ! Love it. And a fantasy creature ! It´s wonderfull nasty. What is it ?

Nekk-ra

It's a customized NECA Newborn figure, and cleverly done IMO.

I've really enjoyed your Brightwood series, Reverend Spooky. It's obvious how much love and care is taken not just in crafting your ladies,, but also the settings, atmosphere, and storylines in which they exist.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
brassco wrote:Girls power! Story telling without dialogue! Great pictures as always, with excellent kit-bashing!

Thank you Brassco!  I am so ecstatic to hear you're enjoying.

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. Very cool sequel. The wordless narrative does seem to work remarkably well. And love what you did with that Alien (?). Beautifully posed and shot (with some very interesting reflections), and I'm impressed horny girl's punching fist cleared her horns. Smile

Thanks Guv!  I always wonder what all comes across without any dialogue, so it's always a relief to hear when it works.  And Isblomma is VERY good at punching, even with her horns.  And I couldn't believe how well a lot of those reflections showed up!  Just relieved I wasn't in any of them.

skywalkersaga wrote:No words needed! Another well-told and gripping entry.    I was sooo not expecting something like that either , but I’m glad to see the girls kicking ass once again. And yay, they got Lorelei out! Can she leave the grounds? Curious who put that creature there, and what will happen next. Smile

Also curious how you made/customised the alien monster!

Thank you Skywalker!!!!  Yeah, Lorelei is now bound to the necklace, so she's pretty free to go wherever she wants.  She was pretty quiet in life, but now she's an angry poltergeist out for revenge, so keeping her out of trouble might turn out to be a lot of work.  

And see below for a bit on the demon build.  He was so much fun to work on , I couldn't wait to share!  

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Excellent finale (?) to the asylum, and more great poses and action sequences. Did Delia's first spell attack not work on the demon creature? And way to go Isblomma, she laid out that critter onto the...s****er. Razz The reflections in the last shots worked out quite well too, and there's something vaguely hypnotic about Delia's leggings and Lorelei's shirt against the pattern of the black and white tile floor.

Thank you AlKelAstra!!!  And yeah, you totally got it with Delia's spell.  Because the asylum often keeps witches, it's heavily warded against common spell casting.  Artifacts like the hand of glory, or Thornapple's protective pendant charm still function, but it's almost impossible to cast on the spot.  Demon's are attuned so much differntly than people, so it doesn't effect them the same way either.  Thankfully, Isblomma always provides a simpler solution to the problem.  And I agree, there's something so visually interesting with all the black and white patterns coming together!

Stryker2011 wrote:That was epic, indeed. Love the use of Ripley's offspring as a demon conjured to kill Lorelei. And -- Whew! What an outcome. Beautiful and creepy photos and setting. Love it. Looking forward to seeing who the evil mastermind behind all this truly is (and what secrets Lorelei holds). Another great installment.

Yes!!!  Thank you so much  Stryker!  So glad you enjoyed.  Very excited to dig in to Lorelei's secrets, and I think you'll like where it takes us! Badly wanted to deliver on this one, so it means a ton to hear it worked.

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic ! Love it. And a fantasy creature ! It´s wonderfull nasty. What is it ?

Thank you Ephaine!  I do feel like I've taken a page out of your book.  And Nekk-ra is right, I started with a NECA Newborn Alien figure From Aliens 4.  Everybody hated the design when the movie came out (And to be fair, you really can't try to top Geiger's Alien design) but I thought there was something genuinely creepy to work with there.  I feel like there is still more detail to add, but I wanted to keep the momentum on this story rolling and ran with it. Probably not the last we see of him either.

Nekk-ra wrote:It's a customized NECA Newborn figure, and cleverly done IMO.

I've really enjoyed your Brightwood series, Reverend Spooky. It's obvious how much love and care is taken not just in crafting your ladies,, but also the settings, atmosphere, and storylines in which they exist.

Thank you so much Nekk-ra!!!  I just kept looking at the newborn, and thinking there was a lot of potential there, and I'm so glad you liked how he came out. And you're 100% right, I love being able to share this story with you all.  All your kind words always gets me so fired up, that I can't wait to get to work on the next project. So seriously, thank you.

Ephiane

Ephiane

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic ! Love it. And a fantasy creature ! It´s wonderfull nasty. What is it ?

Thank you Ephaine!  I do feel like I've taken a page out of your book.  And Nekk-ra is right, I started with a NECA Newborn Alien figure From Aliens 4.  Everybody hated the design when the movie came out (And to be fair, you really can't try to top Geiger's Alien design) but I thought there was something genuinely creepy to work with there.  I feel like there is still more detail to add, but I wanted to keep the momentum on this story rolling and ran with it. Probably not the last we see of him either.

I really enjoy Your Storys and can´t wait wait to see more. This is not my Book. This forum is our book and i´m everytime happy to see what you guys here do. That´s a inspiration for me. Smile The Neca stuff looks really great and You found a creature that is in 1:6. I love the moveable jaws, thats fantastic for different poses by storytelling.

Ovy

Ovy
Finally!

I love how Isblomma (they call her Eazy B, right?) just punches that thing.

It's a beautiful ugly thing. 

The reflection stuff is inspired.

You could upgrade your game with tiny LED devices for magic effects! 

What happend in the one pic after the fight were the room is dark and Babycloneripley is looking out there?

Would've been cool if Isblomma had chained cuffed him.

I will watch this on the big screen soon.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ephiane wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

I really enjoy Your Storys and can´t wait wait to see more. This is not my Book. This forum is our book and i´m everytime happy to see what you guys here do. That´s a inspiration for me. Smile The Neca stuff looks really great and You found a creature that is in 1:6. I love the moveable jaws, thats fantastic for different poses by storytelling.

Seriously Ephaine, it means a ton to hear you're enjoying.  You're another fantastic storyteller.  And I so agree, and think one of my favorite things about this forum is how much talent there is on here, and how much I learn from everyone.  It's such a rich community, and I love seeing us pick up and utilize each other's tricks.

Ovy wrote:Finally!

I love how Isblomma (they call her Eazy B, right?) just punches that thing.

It's a beautiful ugly thing. 

The reflection stuff is inspired.

You could upgrade your game with tiny LED devices for magic effects! 

What happend in the one pic after the fight were the room is dark and Babycloneripley is looking out there?

Would've been cool if Isblomma had chained cuffed him.

I will watch this on the big screen soon.

Thanks so much Ovy!  Yeah, sometimes the simplest solutions are best, and when magic fails, it's good to have that friend who's handy at punching their way out of a problem.

And man LEDs would be awesome.  Have to look at a way to make the versatile and interchangeable, but still easy to hide.  I actually thought about this, or photoshopping the effects, but didn't want to put off shooting any longer while I figured it out.  I'm always so tempted to figure one more better thing out, and I'm afraid I'd never get around to shooting.

So, I wanted that last sequence to kinda mirror the beginning, where the lights flickered, and the demon appeared.  So the lights flickered off, and then it disappeared.  That's the idea at least.  

And I am very ready for Hollywood to come asking around.

Allotropos

Allotropos
well i'll be damned...i missed this and so glad you brought this back up to the top !
No words needed indeed !
I was filling in the conversations and special effects sounds as I scrolled through the pictures and and it was an awesome ride !
We need more !!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wow! There's some cool stuff in here.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Allotropos wrote:well i'll be damned...i missed this and so glad you brought this back up to the top !
No words needed indeed !
I was filling in the conversations and special effects sounds as I scrolled through the pictures and and it was an awesome ride !
We need more !!

Thanks so much Allotropos!!! It makes me so happy when that stuff manages to come through in a photos. And plenty more in the works!

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Wow!  There's some cool stuff in here.  

Thanks much PhotogsBlog! Glad you enjoyed!

ZombieTestSubject

Just like a movie, they take on him one by one. I hope they learned to coordinate better in future. But the characters, posing, ambiance etc are truly remarkable. In all three parts.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent stuff! Love the style of photography, and your figures.., well, just wow! I am new here, so I am off to check out parts 1 & 2 now

GregT

BAMComix wrote: I am new here....

oh dude, then don't miss The Garage
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1296-kit-and-garage-workshop-from-the-world-of-the-radio-kings

BAMComix

BAMComix
GregT wrote:
BAMComix wrote: I am new here....

oh dude, then don't miss The Garage
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1296-kit-and-garage-workshop-from-the-world-of-the-radio-kings

Thanks for the link GregT, I will check it out bounce bounce

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Just like a movie, they take on him one by one. I hope they learned to coordinate better in future. But the characters, posing, ambiance etc are truly remarkable. In all three parts.

Thank you ZombieTestSubject!!! And you're 100% right, they have a long way to go learning to work together. This story takes place pretty early on, so they all have a lot of growing to do. Stick around though, we're just getting rolling.

BAMComix wrote:Excellent stuff! Love the style of photography, and your figures.., well, just wow! I am new here, so I am off to check out parts 1 & 2 now

Thanks so much BAMComix! I'm so glad you're enjoying, and taking the dive into all the old stuff! Means the world to me man. And a belated welcome aboard! This is the best 1/6 community around, and I think you'll find yourself quite at home here.

Greg, what do I even say. You are the freakin best man. I appreciate the support more than you can imagine.

davidd

davidd
The girls came back and risked their lives to save the poltergeist who tried to hurt them! Because they understood her... and because they are motivated by kindness and justice. Your characters are wonderful and I love them all... not to mention totally loving everything about everything that you assemble to create these amazing photographs.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's cool, and that guy sure is one really creepy fellow. I wouldn't want to run into him.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Haunting of Brightwood Asylum Part 3 - From the World of House of Seasons  1f60e

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
davidd wrote:The girls came back and risked their lives to save the poltergeist who tried to hurt them! Because they understood her... and because they are motivated by kindness and justice. Your characters are wonderful and I love them all... not to mention totally loving everything about everything that you assemble to create these amazing photographs.

Thank you Davidd!!!!! You completely get it. So genuinely happy these hit home with you. Means the world man.

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's cool, and that guy sure is one really creepy fellow. I wouldn't want to run into him.

Thanks Boo-bomb! He really is nasty, isn't he? And not the last time we'll see him!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum