OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Time. I’ve seen some of them disappear with time.

Tanzenwolfe

Adding my huge appreciation for the time, effort, photos and detail under this post - just ordered my first body Very Happy and this was the most helpful resource by far to compare sizing and proportions, especially the photo line-ups with several different models from different angles. Amazing stuff!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Tanzenwolfe wrote:Adding my huge appreciation for the time, effort, photos and detail under this post - just ordered my first body Very Happy and this was the most helpful resource by far to compare sizing and proportions, especially the photo line-ups with several different models from different angles. Amazing stuff!
Thank you for the kind words (and I add my thanks to others who have contributed here). Glad it is useful and I hope you like your first body of this type. If you're new to it, it might be a little while before you get used to it, but there is no big mystery. And if you get addicted, don't blame us. Smile
You inspired me to finally add the newest body, S52A/S53A to the catalog and upload a photo.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

MeMyself&I

Updated my long-form post to include the s52a (finally arrived in the mail) and some notes on it. Still stupid tall, but it has a caveat that I think helps with that a lot. I also posted a comparison to the Worldbox AT201 since that one is very popular right now. The s52a is probably my third favorite body overall.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
MeMyself&I wrote:Updated my long-form post to include the s52a (finally arrived in the mail) and some notes on it. Still stupid tall, but it has a caveat that I think helps with that a lot. I also posted a comparison to the Worldbox AT201 since that one is very popular right now. The s52a is probably my third favorite body overall.

I appreciate your photo comparison, but can you elaborate more about how one is supposed to adjust the hips/legs for height??? I am so confused as to what that means....O.o

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:Updated my long-form post to include the s52a (finally arrived in the mail) and some notes on it. Still stupid tall, but it has a caveat that I think helps with that a lot. I also posted a comparison to the Worldbox AT201 since that one is very popular right now. The s52a is probably my third favorite body overall.

I appreciate your photo comparison, but can you elaborate more about how one is supposed to adjust the hips/legs for height??? I am so confused as to what that means....O.o

Sure can!

This is from the lovely instruction manual we likely all throw away. Note the third instructional image.

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 6 Img_3910

I forget exactly when I figured this out, if I read it or if someone mentioned it, but all the TBL bodies can do this and it is what I reference. As I mentioned in the long form post, it averaged about 4mm, but for some reason this one hits double that.

Hope that clarifies things!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the extra information (love your hashtags) and the posing tip re the new body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I still don't really understand...is it saying to pull the legs apart to adjust?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:I still don't really understand...is it saying to pull the legs apart to adjust?

Not apart, but rather pulling down or pushing up, although I have found that pulling apart can help in the process, especially to reset it to the full height it can achieve.

Here are some photos, two from me (using a S20A) and one "stolen" from Gub when he tore down the M31. You can do this height adjustment with the male bodies too, so it works out great as an example.

I circled the spot that one impacts when doing this. Note the difference in leg height as there is a big difference in where the legs end.
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 6 Img_3912

The direction in which you push and pull to adjust
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 6 Img_3911

This one is from what Gub had posted. Note the balljoint at the hip and how the rod down to the leg is at an angle. You have a ton of movement here, not just in how much range the leg itself has, but also in vertical movement.

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 6 Screen13

I hope that clears it up! Neat little feature, that's for sure!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you, that is helpful. I never knew the tbleague bodies could move their hips/legs in that manner.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, I was going to suggest looking at the endoskeleton photos to visualize it. This is also the reason why sometimes one thinks their TBLeague/Phicen bodies have uneven leg lengths.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I was going to suggest looking at the endoskeleton photos to visualize it. This is also the reason why sometimes one thinks their TBLeague/Phicen bodies have uneven leg lengths.

If I had known this years ago I would not have thought some of mine were faulty! I know it's on me for not reading the intruction manual more closely, but also in all fairness, having adjustable hip joints is not exactly something you'd expect . I also didn't understand the image even when shared here, so even if I had read the instructions, it probably wouldn't have 'clicked'. ;p

But this is all part of my ongoing frustration with seamless bodies. Love that they offer so many better options for outfits and posing. HATE how difficult they are *to* pose, because you can't see the joints and it often feels like things will break or get stuck any moment.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I was going to suggest looking at the endoskeleton photos to visualize it. This is also the reason why sometimes one thinks their TBLeague/Phicen bodies have uneven leg lengths.

If I had known this years ago I would not have thought some of mine were faulty! I know it's on me for not reading the instruction manual more closely, but also in all fairness, having adjustable hip joints is not exactly something you'd expect . I also didn't understand the image even when shared here, so even if I had read the instructions, it probably wouldn't have 'clicked'. ;p

But this is all part of my ongoing frustration with seamless bodies. Love that they offer so many better options for outfits and posing. HATE how difficult they are *to* pose, because you can't see the joints and it often feels like things will break or get stuck any moment.

I know I didn't expect it either when I started out, and I'm the person who reads instruction manuals! I think the lightbulb went off when I saw Gub's endoskeleton pic and I thought "wait, that's a ball joint...and a pivoting joint on the other end...win!" Then I tried it and the rest is history.

As for the the difficulties you pointed out, I feel the same way with these smaller bodies they've been making. The elbows especially. I did lock my M34's shoulder up once. Looked at the pic of the skeleton and was able to wiggle it free once I had that visual. Pretty sure any other body would have just been broken had it stuck in the same manner. I'm scared of the shoulders on the Worldbox bodies for that reason.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:But this is all part of my ongoing frustration with seamless bodies. Love that they offer so many better options for outfits and posing. HATE how difficult they are *to* pose, because you can't see the joints and it often feels like things will break or get stuck any moment.

I know I didn't expect it either when I started out, and I'm the person who reads instruction manuals! I think the lightbulb went off when I saw Gub's endoskeleton pic and I thought "wait, that's a ball joint...and a pivoting joint on the other end...win!" Then I tried it and the rest is history.

As for the the difficulties you pointed out, I feel the same way with these smaller bodies they've been making. The elbows especially. I did lock my M34's shoulder up once. Looked at the pic of the skeleton and was able to wiggle it free once I had that visual. Pretty sure any other body would have just been broken had it stuck in the same manner. I'm scared of the shoulders on the Worldbox bodies for that reason.
Now that we're dealing with metal endoskeletons here, they are a lot less fragile and brittle than their plastic predecessors or in some instances even conventional open-jointed hard plastic bodies. I don't want to jinx myself, but I have yet to break a TBLeague/Phicen metal endoskeleton.
We do have the unlock shoulder tutorial in that section.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:But this is all part of my ongoing frustration with seamless bodies. Love that they offer so many better options for outfits and posing. HATE how difficult they are *to* pose, because you can't see the joints and it often feels like things will break or get stuck any moment.

Now that we're dealing with metal endoskeletons here, they are a lot less fragile and brittle than their plastic predecessors or in some instances even conventional open-jointed hard plastic bodies. I don't want to jinx myself, but I have yet to break a TBLeague/Phicen metal endoskeleton.
We do have the unlock shoulder tutorial in that section.

I get what you're saying but they still feel fragile to me in certain areas, like the wrist joints. And the arm/shoulder areas in the smaller female bodies. I am probably the odd person out but I find posing tbleague bodies to be highly stressful and don't like doing it that much.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
MeMyself&I wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

If I had known this years ago I would not have thought some of mine were faulty! I know it's on me for not reading the instruction manual more closely, but also in all fairness, having adjustable hip joints is not exactly something you'd expect . I also didn't understand the image even when shared here, so even if I had read the instructions, it probably wouldn't have 'clicked'. ;p

Oh, I'm glad to know it's not just me!

ukshaun

ukshaun
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 6 Tbl_bo10
LOADING: Image(s)

Can anyone identify TBL body no.1 wearing the light-blue bikini and no.5 wearing the orange bikini.
Thanks.

For a higher resolution image, click here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/edwicks_toybox/52393104638

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Can anyone identify TBL body no.1 wearing the light-blue bikini and no.5 wearing the orange bikini.
Thanks.

S10D
See here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/edwicks_toybox/52393103708/in/photostream/

Copy-pasted text:

TBLeague released the S46/S47-series bodies a few months ago, but I didn't get around to doing a body comparison until now. From left to right in this photo are:

- S10D (standard, large-bust) with Verycool "Raksa" headsculpt
- S23B (muscular, mid-bust) with CAT Toys headsculpt
- S47B (full-figured, small-bust) with Kimi Toys headsculpt
- S29B (full-figured, mid-bust) with YM Toys headsculpt
- S33B (slim, mid-bust) with GAC Toys headsculpt

The S47B body is advertised as "Small Breasts Seamless Suntan Body with Detached Feet," and I think that description only makes sense relative to other specific bodies. I've settled on a taxonomy of TBLeague bodies that splits into five categories:

1. STANDARD BODIES: Based on the original releases, with little sculpted musculature. The most commonly seen models in this line are the S01-S12 series bodies. The S16-S19 bodies fall here as well.
2. MUSCULAR BODIES: Bodies with larger sculpted musculature, especially in the upper arms and thighs. These are the S20-S23 bodies.
3. FULL-FIGURED BODIES: Bodies with larger hips and breasts, and the larger hands and feet. Models are the S28/S29, S38/S39, S42/S43, and these new S46/S47 bodies.
4. SLIM-SHOULDER BODIES: Bodies with slimmer shoulders, arms, and legs. They are also often a little taller than average. These include the S32-S35 models, and the S40/S41.
5. SMALLER SHORTER BODIES: All the shorter, slimmer bodies that have smaller neck, wrist, and ankle ball joints (making heads, hands, and feet from other TBLeague base bodies and most other 1/6 companies incompatible). These include the S24-S27 bodies, and I believe also includes the S44/S45 and possibly the S36/S37 bodies.

It only makes sense to compare the "breast size" description for these within each group. As an example, the S23B, S29B, and S33B figures in this photo are all described as "medium bust" figures, but all 3 have very different breast sizes, with the S23B close to the S10D "large" bust size and the S29B being noticeably larger. But within the full-figured bodies, the S29B does sit between the "small bust" S47B in this photo, and the "large bust" S39B (not shown).
the S10D "large" bust size and the S29B being noticeably larger. But within the full-figured bodies, the S29B does sit between the "small bust" S47B in this photo, and the "large bust" S39B (not shown).

NOTE: Edwick is a member here, although he has not logged in in a long, long time. Reaching out to him by private message or email might still get a response.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
He’s still active on Flickr I believe, so that may be the better way of contacting him if needed.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Can anyone identify TBL body no.1 wearing the light-blue bikini and no.5 wearing the orange bikini.
Thanks.

S10D
See here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/edwicks_toybox/52393103708/in/photostream/

Copy-pasted text:

TBLeague released the S46/S47-series bodies a few months ago, but I didn't get around to doing a body comparison until now. From left to right in this photo are:

- S10D (standard, large-bust) with Verycool "Raksa" headsculpt
- S23B (muscular, mid-bust) with CAT Toys headsculpt
- S47B (full-figured, small-bust) with Kimi Toys headsculpt
- S29B (full-figured, mid-bust) with YM Toys headsculpt
- S33B (slim, mid-bust) with GAC Toys headsculpt

The S47B body is advertised as "Small Breasts Seamless Suntan Body with Detached Feet," and I think that description only makes sense relative to other specific bodies. I've settled on a taxonomy of TBLeague bodies that splits into five categories:

1. STANDARD BODIES: Based on the original releases, with little sculpted musculature. The most commonly seen models in this line are the S01-S12 series bodies. The S16-S19 bodies fall here as well.
2. MUSCULAR BODIES: Bodies with larger sculpted musculature, especially in the upper arms and thighs. These are the S20-S23 bodies.
3. FULL-FIGURED BODIES: Bodies with larger hips and breasts, and the larger hands and feet. Models are the S28/S29, S38/S39, S42/S43, and these new S46/S47 bodies.
4. SLIM-SHOULDER BODIES: Bodies with slimmer shoulders, arms, and legs. They are also often a little taller than average. These include the S32-S35 models, and the S40/S41.
5. SMALLER SHORTER BODIES: All the shorter, slimmer bodies that have smaller neck, wrist, and ankle ball joints (making heads, hands, and feet from other TBLeague base bodies and most other 1/6 companies incompatible). These include the S24-S27 bodies, and I believe also includes the S44/S45 and possibly the S36/S37 bodies.

It only makes sense to compare the "breast size" description for these within each group. As an example, the S23B, S29B, and S33B figures in this photo are all described as "medium bust" figures, but all 3 have very different breast sizes, with the S23B close to the S10D "large" bust size and the S29B being noticeably larger. But within the full-figured bodies, the S29B does sit between the "small bust" S47B in this photo, and the "large bust" S39B (not shown).
the S10D "large" bust size and the S29B being noticeably larger. But within the full-figured bodies, the S29B does sit between the "small bust" S47B in this photo, and the "large bust" S39B (not shown).

NOTE: Edwick is a member here, although he has not logged in in a long, long time. Reaching out to him by private message or email might still get a response.

Many thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Valiarde

Valiarde
https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape  

On their site, Giantoy have a comparison table with height, bust size, hip size. But even then it is hard to decide if you want decent comparisons.

I'm looking for a body for a new project.

Tall Lady with a rather big bust, but more flat looking than "balls". If you know what I mean.
Here is an example why I think S10/12 is better than S21/22 for me

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 6 Compar10

Sth like this: 
Spoiler:

Or let me ask this way: If you want some kind of evening gown that shows a wide cleavage, what would be a good bodyRazz

Already narrowed it down to S10, S32, S53 but looking closer for differences side by side. I think S53 or S10 might work best - more suggestions are welcome though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape  

On their site, Giantoy have a comparison table with height, bust size, hip size. But even then it is hard to decide if you want decent comparisons.

Tall Lady with a rather big bust, but more flat looking than "balls". If you know what I mean.

Or let me ask this way: If you want some kind of evening gown that shows a wide cleavage, what would be a good bodyRazz

Already narrowed it down to S10, S32, S53 but looking closer for differences side by side. I think S53 or S10 might work best - more suggestions are welcome though.

I see what you mean about S21/22 -- it is definitely poorly shaped for this purpose, in fact for most purposes.

Given real life effects of clothing and gravity, I'm not sure you should limit yourself to looking at large-breasted bodies. Their medium breasts aren't particularly medium, either. S18/19 could conceivably do the job, and,if you want more athletic/muscular, S22/23. These are all above 28 cm with head. S28/29 is more curvaceous, but also shorter (about 27.5 cm with head). I can't advise on S32/33 (or for that matter S42/43), they were too tall for me to get. S48/49 is as tall or slightly taller than the early bodies, about 28.3 cm with head. 

Between S10-12 and S52/53, the main difference other than the height (S52/53 at about 29.5 cm with head seems rather too tall for me, but might be right for your character) is the physique of the shoulders (wider on the older body) and the waist (fuller on the newer body).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For all 10/12's flaws (like the somewhat wide shoulders), I think it actually tends to look very good in clothing. The bust on it at least has semi naturalistic gravity going on, rather than the very fake comic book style 'orb' boobs on the other one. ;p

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape  

I see what you mean about S21/22 -- it is definitely poorly shaped for this purpose, in fact for most purposes.

Given real life effects of clothing and gravity, I'm not sure you should limit yourself to looking at large-breasted bodies. Their medium breasts aren't particularly medium, either. S18/19 could conceivably do the job, and,if you want more athletic/muscular, S22/23. These are all above 28 cm with head. S28/29 is more curvaceous, but also shorter (about 27.5 cm with head). I can't advise on S32/33 (or for that matter S42/43), they were too tall for me to get. S48/49 is as tall or slightly taller than the early bodies, about 28.3 cm with head. 

Between S10-12 and S52/53, the main difference other than the height (S52/53 at about 29.5 cm with head seems rather too tall for me, but might be right for your character) is the physique of the shoulders (wider on the older body) and the waist (fuller on the newer body).
Thank you Ian, you are really one of the luminaries when it comes to tbleague bodies among some others on this site. No better source than OSF! Very valuable input. Since I want a very tall lady in this case it comes down to shoulders. And yes, good tip with the S22/23 and "mid bust" figures. S22/23 is my favourite TBleague body I think and is rather similar to the 10? I don't need the muscles as you won't see much of it. But I have one at home already unlike the S10. hm.

skywalkersaga wrote:For all 10/12's flaws (like the somewhat wide shoulders), I think it actually tends to look very good in clothing. The bust on it at least has semi naturalistic gravity going on, rather than the very fake comic book style 'orb' boobs on the other one. ;p
Thank you for your input sky, you are also an expert when it comes to bodies and know exactly what you want for your projects. So hearing the S10 is good when dressed is good to know.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Thank you Ian, you are really one of the luminaries when it comes to tbleague bodies among some others on this site. No better source than OSF! Very valuable input. Since I want a very tall lady in this case it comes down to shoulders. And yes, good tip with the S22/23 and "mid bust" figures. S22/23 is my favourite TBleague body I think and is rather similar to the 10? I don't need the muscles as you won't see much of it. But I have one at home already unlike the S10. hm.
You are welcome (and thanks). Well, if you want super tall, S52/53 might be best. Personally (but I lack your perspective), I think S22/23 and S10-12 are tall enough -- especially if your male figures around it (assuming there would ever be any) include M33 and M30.

crispyorange

crispyorange
S32/33 is also quite tall w/ narrow shoulders, personally my fav! However, this series seems to have “fat wrists”, not a big deal for me tho~

Valiarde

Valiarde
crispyorange wrote:S32/33 is also quite tall w/ narrow shoulders, personally my fav! However, this series seems to have “fat wrists”, not a big deal for me tho~

Thanks for the input.
I received my S53 but I think it is nearly too big of a bust. The S10 looks a bit better in that part. But for the project the overall proportions of the body S53 is more what I had in mind

So maybe S32/33 would be an option? Don't know how the bust compares to S53 though. But I will take a look. But I think I will just use the 10 here before ordering another one. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde, Ovy has used the s33 ( I think?) on one of his mediterrean ladies , if I remember correctly. Could look at those photos and help you decide regarding the bust.

Diana

Diana
I can't stand the S32/33 because of the narrow shoulders. They make her LOOK very tall and it just looks weird to me. ^^
I absolutely LOVE the shape of the S06 actually, if you don't mind the attached feet...  Rolling Eyes

But a good comparison for body shapes can be found on the new TBL dark skin colour charts. They are made to look the same size, so careful there.

The S23 is still one of my favourites. The upper body is shaped beautifully. 

But of course the S10/12 is also beautiful. It's tricky to make a choice without knowing what she will be wearing and how important the should width is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum