OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

felixkh

Hi Everyone,

Is there a reference for the S36/S37 Phicen doll? I tried searching in the forum but cannot get the details of the measurements for these two.

Thank you.

MeMyself&I

felixkh wrote:Hi Everyone,

Is there a reference for the S36/S37 Phicen doll?  I tried searching in the forum but cannot get the details of the measurements for these two.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2837-new-product-tbleague-1-6-girl-from-the-second-element-small-waist-fine-body

That is the thread where we’ve talked about it, with photos comparing it to other bodies, some youtube, and talk about it. I do not own one, so I cannot guess. That being said, I would say be careful in possibly purchasing one because the proportions are, uh, different to say the least. Depends granted on who you are trying to use it for, but it’s a stark difference.

felixkh

MeMyself&I wrote:
felixkh wrote:Hi Everyone,

Is there a reference for the S36/S37 Phicen doll?  I tried searching in the forum but cannot get the details of the measurements for these two.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2837-new-product-tbleague-1-6-girl-from-the-second-element-small-waist-fine-body

That is the thread where we’ve talked about it, with photos comparing it to other bodies, some youtube, and talk about it. I do not own one, so I cannot guess. That being said, I would say be careful in possibly purchasing one because the proportions are, uh, different to say the least. Depends granted on who you are trying to use it for, but it’s a stark difference.

Thank you for the reply. Will do some more research before I decide.

skywalkersaga

Curious if anyone has done the measurements for the 38 model (short curvy one)? I’m looking for the minimum of basic bust/waist/hip measurements, though even more detailed would be welcome. Trying to ascertain if I’ll be able to clothe it with existing clothing or will have to make everything from scratch.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:Curious if anyone has done the measurements for the 38 model (short curvy one)? I’m looking for the minimum of basic bust/waist/hip measurements, though even more detailed would be welcome. Trying to ascertain if I’ll be able to clothe it with existing clothing or will have to make everything from scratch.

I got that body a little while ago and updated my original post (post 35). Hopefully it is useful for you!

主 Dweller

主 Dweller
Finally I found the definitive guide! Another magnificent contribution from this generous forum to humanity.

Although sadly, I have arrived here, two female bodies phicen late. Neutral

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
主 Dweller wrote:Finally I found the definitive guide! Another magnificent contribution from this generous forum to humanity.

Better late than never I would say! Welcome aboard!

主 Dweller

主 Dweller
MeMyself&I wrote:
主 Dweller wrote:Finally I found the definitive guide! Another magnificent contribution from this generous forum to humanity.

Better late than never I would say! Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the greeting, I've been looking for something like that all over the internet and it's as if I had found an oasis.
I really only have one day and I already feel very comfortable here. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the kind words, Dweller. I don't know about definitive, after all, just today, we found out they are TPE rather than silicon after all, but it is meant to be comprehensive and additions and corrections are being added as information becomes available.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Are "older" models still recommended or would you always go with e.g. 16-43? Some improvements or anything or is it mainly body form difference?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Valiarde wrote:Are "older" models still recommended or would you always go with e.g. 16-43? Some improvements or anything or is it mainly body form difference?

I haven't bought any of the older models in a while, but they don't seem to have the same variation in outward design between batches of individual models as the later ones (differing skintone shades or design tweaks like the two different designs of S22/23, for example).

The older models while more primitive in their design seem to be better manufactured on the whole in my opinion with fewer build defects and more fluidity of movement. Sadly build quality seemed to drop off a cliff with the first batch of 28/29s and didn't recover again until the 38/39 (it seems to have been an assembly line problem and it seemed to affect suntan models more than pale ones - it appears though that it is now rectified so future batches of 28/29 will probably be OK). The newer models like S42/43 seem to be more or less back to the old standard.

And of course most of the older models (up to S10/12) are seamless-footed and therefore more difficult to pose.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Are "older" models still recommended or would you always go with e.g. 16-43? Some improvements or anything or is it mainly body form difference?

I wouldn't generally recommend any of the seamless-ankled models, old or new, but that is really my bias in favor of fully-functional action figure bodies showing; certainly there is something to be said for the aesthetics of the TBLeague seamless ankle (though it is not perfect either -- yet it is much better than Jiaou's). I also generally prefer the suntan versions and the medium-breasted versions, in both cases because they are more realistic and more useful, although there would be exceptions. All in all, my favorite models (talking about both appearance and usefulness) are probably S23B, S29B, S25B, S39A for the female bodies, M33 and M34 for the male ones.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you guys, very helpful.

Oh and GF: your preferences are like 99% same as mine (suntan, medium, no seamless feet, s23, s25 and m33 are the best) Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Oh and GF: your preferences are like 99% same as mine (suntan, medium, no seamless feet, s23, s25 and m33 are the best) Smile

Glad we agree, although of course it is not a must that we do. Smile

Heartofiron

Hi, new guy here so I'm probably posting this in the wrong place, I had delivery of the new s43 and s42 bodies yesterday, even though I have a collection of female clothing I have yet to find any that fit, the thigh dimensions seem to stop any type of trousers or shorts, the hips and backsides seem to make skirts stretch to their limits, shirts and top wise the bust and shoulders limit the fastening of shirts and really stretch pull over tops , the feet are huge and are so rubbery they fold when trying to put on tights or stockings, I have a collection of heels, boots and trainers but the foot width and folding(feels like the metal foot will rip through if pushed too much) mean that none seem to fit, I think the body is going to fit male clothes better than female ones unless you are handy with a sewing machine.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Heartofiron wrote:Hi, new guy here so I'm probably posting this in the wrong place, I had delivery of the new s43 and s42 bodies yesterday, even though I have a collection of female clothing I have yet to find any that fit, the thigh dimensions seem to stop any type of trousers or shorts, the hips and backsides seem to make skirts stretch to their limits, shirts and top wise the bust and shoulders limit the fastening of shirts and really stretch pull over tops , the feet are huge and are so rubbery they fold when trying to put on tights or stockings,  I have a collection of heels, boots and trainers but the foot width and folding(feels like the metal foot will rip through if pushed too much) mean that none seem to fit, I think the body is going to fit male clothes better than female ones unless you are handy with a sewing machine.

Hi Heartofiron. I'm sorry for your troubles. I cannot offer any advice specific to this body, as I do not own one. However, some of the other forum members do, and you can poke around recent (or not so recent) posts in this thread for more information to begin with:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3058p82-new-product-tbleague-s42-s43#46360

In general, the suppleness/flexibility of the TPE "flesh" allows you to overcome some of these initially apparent limitations, although, depending on the material used, garments will only stretch so far. There are sixth-scale garments that simply will not fit, and this is a taller and curvier body than many others made by TBLeague.

koloth

koloth
Hi I am new here!

I am a huge Star Trek TOS fan and have been collecting the QMx Star Trek 1/6 scale figures. I have Spock, Kirk and McCoy. Since QMx stopped production I am waiting for Exo-6 (Nanjin Tam) to release further Star Trek TOS figures. Looks like it'll take a lot of time til we 'll be seeing new TOS releases. In the meantime I am customizing TOS characters. Here is Tonia Barrows made with a TBLeague S29 suntan body (still waiting for her custom boots).

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 Hhxn8wxu

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
koloth wrote:Hi I am new here! I am a huge Star Trek TOS fan and have been collecting the QMx Star Trek 1/6 scale figures. I have Spock, Kirk and McCoy. Since QMx stopped production I am waiting for Exo-6 (Nanjin Tam) to release further Star Trek TOS figures. Looks like it'll take a lot of time til we 'll be seeing new TOS releases. In the meantime I am customizing TOS characters. Here is Tonia Barrows made with a TBLeague S29 suntan body (still waiting for her custom boots).

Welcome! She looks great. Looking forward to both Nanjin Tam's new products and your customs. But you're right, this needed its own separate topic, and I'm glad you created one.

Diana

Diana
Giantoy are upping their game again. Their comparison photo has been extended with new body types, and in their product catalogue they've added new photos of various female body types, too:

Page: https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

NSFW - click to view photo:

70body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 Empty Body types Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:02 am

koloth

koloth
Diana wrote:Giantoy are upping their game again. Their comparison photo has been extended with new body types, and in their product catalogue they've added new photos of various female body types, too:

Page: https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

Thank you very much, most instructive!

muesky6969

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and to the 1/6 doll world. A friend and I have a deal and he is getting me the Henry Cavill 1/6 with a M33 body. Growing up I had Barbie, Ken and GI Joe dolls and made clothes for them. The problem is I don't know the measurements of the M33 body to be able to start making clothes for it. What I need is the shoulder width, waist, chest and hip circumference. Oh and the inseam length, as well??

This is a big change for me because I also have life size dolls as well. At least 1/6 don't take up nearly as much space and don't weight a ton.. Laughing

Thanks in advance!
R

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
muesky6969 wrote:Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and to the 1/6 doll world. A friend and I have a deal and he is getting me the Henry Cavill 1/6 with a M33 body. Growing up I had Barbie, Ken and GI Joe dolls and made clothes for them. The problem is I don't know the measurements of the M33 body to be able to start making clothes for it. What I need is the shoulder width, waist, chest and hip circumference. Oh and the inseam length, as well??

This is a big change for me because I also have life size dolls as well. At least 1/6 don't take up nearly as much space and don't weight a ton.. Laughing

Thanks in advance!
R

Measuring as in this diagram,

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 Men-size-chart

M33's measurements are approximately:

Shoulders 8 cm (as in diagram)
Waist circumference 14 cm
Chest circumference 17.5 cm
Hip (lower waist) circumference 17 cm
Sleeve 11 cm
Back Length 11.5 cm
Inseam (inside leg) 13 cm
The upper arms get quite thick: the circumference at the armpit/shoulder is 9.25 cm, at the biceps/triceps 7.5 cm.

I hope this helps.

muesky6969

Thank you so much GubernatorFan!!! This is exactly what I needed!!! Now I can ask for the clothing dimensions to know if they will fit..

Ah, so like whenever I get into something new I do a lot of research.. Did you all know that a Witcher doll is set to be released in the next month?? I am sure you all probably did.. Really excited about it because it means I won't have to make my own.. I have too many DIY projects right now.. Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan wrote:
muesky6969 wrote:Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!
R

Measuring as in this diagram,

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 Men-size-chart

M33's measurements are approximately:

Shoulders 8 cm (as in diagram)
Waist circumference 14 cm
Chest circumference 17.5 cm
Hip (lower waist) circumference 17 cm
Sleeve 11 cm
Back Length 11.5 cm
Inseam (inside leg) 13 cm
The upper arms get quite thick: the circumference at the armpit/shoulder is 9.25 cm, at the biceps/triceps 7.5 cm.

I hope this helps.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good luck with your project.

Adeno

Thank goodness for this informative post Gubernator, it'll make finding the body type much easier Very Happy The War Story Tifa seems to have been supplied with a big body where the head is not properly scaled to the neck, but someone used a smaller type of body. Now I just need to identify which model it is Very Happy It seems to have detachable feet and a narrower neck so that narrows it down. It would be hilarious if it's just the S10D body and I didn't know lol!

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 230142gnhdvj7333jnvjzl

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 230243jg80q4j44z4iw7jd

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 230212kx78czwmwvyy7xvu

Here's the original body supplied with War Story Tifa... oh man the head looks so beautiful and very near to how Tifa looks in the game, but the body... it's too huge for her head lol!

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 3 200151elzfpztp6tdwmfwb

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Adeno wrote:It seems to have detachable feet and a narrower neck so that narrows it down. It would be hilarious if it's just the S10D body and I didn't know lol!

I believe you may be correct in that being the S10D they swapped to.

Adeno

That would be awesome, thanks!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome, Adeno, I hope it helps. I know nothing about Tifas (although somewhere I have one of the earlier heads), and it's often hard to tell what body is what. But I see what you mean. There are now several petite or slightly petite bodies (S24-25, S28-29) that might be both large and petite enough to work with the head. I imagine that on the bodies smaller than those, the head would look disproportionately large.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I updated my post #35 on this thread with a better layout, more consistent numbers across the bodies, some additional bodies (s23b and m34) and some IRL comparison and a couple just bad jokes though I thought they were funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum